New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Rat Key

milforce
Rat Key
Summary: A man who has forgotten his name arrived in a city where he had no choice but to become a thief if he wanted to live. Every time he was caught stealing, the police would chase him, calling "Rat!" over and over again. Due to his lack of a regular name, he adopted the name Rat.
Rat went to live in the Tunnels, which is an enormous and elaborate maze of tunnels that run underneath the futuristic city of Maw. The unfortunate thing; that's where all of the gangs reside. Rat has no interest in joining a gang, so they don't exactly like him down there, but then again, they don't exactly like on the Surface either.

TheMajestic said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:05 am:

Very Great! Like to see more of this story!

Could be a great Film one day!

milforce replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 3:49 pm :
You really think it could be a movie? Thanks so much! And I'm trying my best to finish the next chapter but school keeps taking up my time...

milforce said...
Kind of an odd question, but what did you imagine Hearth to look like?

Wanggubo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

A very interesting premise that I'm looking forward to seeing more of. I absoluely love dystopian/futuristic settings, and I need my fix, so this is perfec timing.

The good: At first I was kind of put off by the lack of description, but it really seems to work here, especially towards the beginning. (Though I think some more description towards the middle/end could've helped) I like Rat well enough, and the idea of the gangs is fun, so i hope we'll get to see more of life in the tunnel... (more »)

milforce replied...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm :
Thanks so much for the advice and you're right, I do need to describe more. I always plan to when I edit, but I end up forgetting about it...

Emiri replied...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 10:07 am :
Okay dokey, I love the plot of this book. It's ingenius, one of those... i dunno, Hunger Game kind of things. I love distopias, and stories about gangs. But teh thing is, everyboyd talks the same, which doesn't help the individuality of each of your characters. I'd also like more detail, like how Dinner Alley looks and smells and if the tunnels are neat or if they snake around or intersect each other. Keep writing.

DinoNugget said...
That was good!  I want to see where this story will go.  I agree with Sara; the ending was great!  You did an awesome job!  Write on!

milforce replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm :
Thanks so much. I'm really glad you guys like it!

Sarajustine said...
I really liked this. At first I wasn't really sure where it was going, but I especially liked the ending, where you figure out how he got his name. Good job! :)

milforce replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm :
Thanks! I'm going to post the next chapter pretty soon here

Sarajustine replied...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 4:26 pm :
Great! Can't wait to read it!