Twelve Countries, One Girl.

Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired to write this novel while thinking about my upcoming adventure.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Xavier

Okay, long story short I’m on the plane to Hong Kong International as we speak! It’s 8:00 P.M. and the plane lands in China at 9:45 A.M. This plane is actually pretty fancy. I’m in the second row by the window and there’s a hot guy sitting next to me. The Notebook is on the T.V., there’s like 5 magazines and a snack pack on the seat in front of me with a tray, and unlimited soda!
I pull out my phone because I haven’t checked it since I told Mom. On the screen I have 57 text
How do you like it so far? Should I continue? Let me know what you think ;)
messages, 31 missed calls, and 28 Facebook notifications. I go through the texts first. 12 are from Mom.
Alaina call me back!
Alaina where are you!
Alaina I’m going to kill you!
Alaina please…
Alaina I love you I don’t want you to get hurt.
Alaina I’ll call the police
Alaina I’ll be nice just tell me where you are.
Please Alaina.
What the hell are you thinking???
What airport Alaina?
ALAINA ISABELLA AVERY!
Your dead meat.

15 are from my dad.
What the hell!!!
ALAINA!
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!
I’m going to have them bring you back!
Ok sweetie just come by yourself please.
Why are you doing this?
Please.
Alaina.
Laney bug please.
I don’t want you to get kidnapped.
This is dangerous Alaina.
Call me.
That’s it your grounded.
Alaina you can’t just do this your only 17.
:’( Layna don’t do this come home.

3 are from my crush Alex
DUDE EVERYBODY SAID UR GOING TO CHINA!
Alaina where r u!
Plz were all worried.

1 is from my friend Luna
OMG! OMG! U r soooo effen nutz!!!! Supposedly ur traveling the world! Ahh where r u loca !?
10 are from random numbers
Wow!!! Where r u!
Dude your effen awesome!
U r n sooo much truble XD
I worship at your feet!
Holy hell I wish I was like you!
:O
DANG!
Hi, this is Joseph!
Are you in China???
HONG KONG???

20 are from other friends; all asking the same question.
20 missed calls are from my parents. 2 are from my friend Luna. 5 are from my grandma. 1 is from my crush, Alex. 2 are from my cousin, Alyssa. 1 is from my ex boyfriend Ezra.
18 of my notifications were posting on my wall asking the same thing, “Are you in China?” 10 were messages asking the same thing.
I’m in a big pickle. I made a mental note to call ASAP when we land. What could I say? “Oh Mom I’m in China, but I won’t tell you where I’m going because I don’t want you to come get me.” I mean, if I tell them my plan they’ll have the Embassy pick me up. Or worse….THEY’LL pick me up. All I know is I don’t know anything.
“You okay?” It was the hot guy sitting next to me. Oh. My. God. He is so delicious. He has tan skin brown Zac Efron hair and grayish green eyes. I’m melting like butter on the sidewalk in the middle of Death Valley.
“Umm no not really.” I contemplate whether or not he should know the rest. “Why?”
“Long story.” I reply praying he won’t make me explain. “Well it is a 13 hour flight. I think we have time.” Ohmygosh! He winked! He winked at ME! “Well I graduated today. I’m only 17 and this was supposed to be my junior year. But I graduated early. I didn’t know what to do with my life so….so I decided to see the world. My parents are out of town so I made arrangements and everything. I called my mom right before I boarded the plane and I’m in huge trouble. “
“Brah, that’s badass! I mean wow! Did you like use their money?”
“Nope I have a lot of money saved up.” He definitely is impressed.
“My name is Xavier.” He stuck his hand out for me to shake it. I went to shake and as if we were in a movie or something he kissed my hand! It felt as if it caught on fire. “I’m 18, by the way.”
“Why are you going to Hong Kong?”
“Vacation. Where else would be a cool place to spend Christmas!”
And then it hit me. I left my family days before the most important holiday of the year. I suddenly felt like crap. “Well I’m really tired so I’m going to take a nap.”
“Ma’am?” And a perky little flight attendant approached him. “Yes sir?” She gave him a seductive little smile….the tramp. “My friend is tired. Can you get her a blanket and pillow?” She gave me, “The Eye.” You know how when somebody obviously doesn’t like you so they give you that look? Yeah, she gave me that look. “Right away,” she said unhappily. He smiled at me.
“Here,” she handed him a white pillow and a yellow blanket that had American Airlines written on it. “Sleep tight,” he smiled at me.
I’m dying.
I turned and looked out the window. Below the airplane tons of lights were sparkling and we passed through so many clouds I feel like we’re in a cotton candy machine. I feel moisture coming out of my eyes.
Tears.
Why am I crying?
Then I passed out from exhaustion.
“Hey.” I turned my head to see Xavier poking me with a giant smile. “Yeah?”
“It’s 6 A.M. I want you to see the sunrise over the ocean.” I turn and look. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The ocean is a beautiful blue and the sun is bright orange, the clouds are pink and pastel purple.
Without thinking I turn and KISS Xavier.
“Oh God! I’m so sorry!” He pulls my chin and kisses me lightly on the lips. “I kinda needed that. What’s your name?” I blush.
“Alaina.”
He nods and then turns back to his magazine. I fall back to sleep.
“ Yo, Alaina.”
I know it’s him because of the voice.
“What?”
“Look out your window.” I turn and see Hong Kong! I was captivated by the view. I pulled out the little Kodak camera I bought at LAX from my bag and take a few shots of the scenery. “Passengers, we’re going to be landing in Hong Kong in about ten minutes please use this time to clean up your area.” Xavier hands the flight attendant our pillows and blankets along with our snack pack trash.

Then I feel the plane touchdown and we all stand up and thank the pilot. I walked down the long tunnel and walk into the airport.
And I feel something vibrating.
Oh yeah it’s Mom calling.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Gemini13 said...
Jan. 6 at 2:04 pm
This is a excellent story! Keep it up!