Forever or Never

Author's note: Well, I'm writing this based on a dream of mine..... not to mention the fact that I've always...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Well, I'm writing this based on a dream of mine..... not to mention the fact that I've always wanted to find a way to combine my favorite mythical creatures into one story :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

Forever or Never Ch.8

“So you’re telling me that you’re here to protect me? Even though I’ve been fighting and more importantly killing vampires since I was eight? Something’s wrong with that statement,” I said sarcastically. Aiken and I had flown back to my house and we were now, with some coaxing, conversing in my room.
“Hellhounds are much different than vampires. Their fighting style is much different. It’s more complex, one wrong move and you’re dead,” Aiken stated like it was common knowledge. “I’ve been trained to fight them so I could protect you.”
“Well then teach me. I refuse to sit around like a damn damsel in distress,” I commanded. Aiken ferociously began to pace the length of my room.
“Are you sure? It takes hours-“
“Try me. I think you’ll find I’m a quick learner. And besides, I like a challenge. Come with me to the garden. We can start the training tonight. Sounds like I might need it soon.” I had already turned on my heel and walked out of the room. I knew he’d follow, but I wished he wouldn’t. But sure enough, I heard his footsteps behind me and I cursed silently. We reached the garden and I whirled around, flipping one of my daggers off its holster in the process. He lazily knocked it out of my hand, catching me off guard with his speed and strength.
He was carrying what looked like knights armor, but it was modified to fit a woman. He twirled my dagger in his hands with grace, so much so that you would believe it belonged to him. Aiken handed me the armor and grunted something about my safety. I pulled it on reluctantly over my hunting outfit, and flipped another dagger off my boot. He shook his head. Instead, he handed me a long sword.
“Daggers won’t work against hellhounds. Even if you’re able to hit them, the next moment will be your last. Swords cover much more area. If you can handle them correctly they’ll be faster as well. Now put on the rest of the armor so I can attack you,” Aiken barked the order. I complied, even though my head wasn’t exactly in the right place to fight.
The armor fit tightly on my body. It was as if it was made for my body. I smiled slightly at the thought. Aiken attacked me head on first. I easily dodged his blows, maneuvering around him quickly. It was beginning to bore me. But as he picked up the speed, I saw why I needed training.
He stood before me one second, then the next he was behind me. I spun, swinging my sword hard enough to hurt but not to maim. I hit nothing but air. Daimek however, was up in a tree. He leaped down on me, claws morphing mid-air into claws, and I toppled over. Desperately I tried to get up, but his claws were lodged into my armor. I sliced at his feet, cutting him before he managed to get away.
He pounced again, but I was ready for his weight this time. Still, I staggered slightly and he used the moment to swipe my feet out from underneath me. I looked up at him, and he smiled. He sat himself on my chest so I couldn’t get up and slowly began to morph. Aiken was screaming, but he was too late. I gazed at the hellhound sitting atop me, then blood splattered my vision. I closed my eyes and the darkness tugged me down hard. That’s once.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

sevandlilly said...
This might be a little strange, but I LOVE all your characters names:)

LivEvil said...
As good as always, names hard to pronounce in my head....as always. Stupid itallics was on....But i likes it

emilybwrites said...
wow this was great! check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate it thanks :)