New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Forever or Never

Author's note: Well, I'm writing this based on a dream of mine..... not to mention the fact that I've always...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Well, I'm writing this based on a dream of mine..... not to mention the fact that I've always wanted to find a way to combine my favorite mythical creatures into one story :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Forever or Never Ch.3

The bird dove quickly, almost to where I couldn’t see it. It slashed my arm, deeply enough to scar. “S***! You’re gonna pay for that you ass!” I screamed. The bird dove again, but I was quicker this time. My knife struck just above his stomach. The bird shrieked in pain, and spiraled up into the air. It must have blacked out, because it fell. It was only then when I saw his face. It was a boy. I threw my knife to the ground and took off running. Jill darted past me, and leaped into the air; catching him just before he hit the ground.
She layed him lightly on the ground, then backed away. I noticed that he looked to be about my age, maybe older. He was hurt so badly, that he was now unconscious. So I took the opportunity to search him. He had no weapons on him, but his fingers looked as if they could change from fingers to talons, which was not the best sign in the world. I was going to ask Jill about it, but she wasn’t paying attention to me; and besides, the boy was stirring.
Suddenly, the boy leapt from the ground. He couldn’t stay up for long though, because his muscles spasmed and he collapsed to the ground in pain. His stomach wound had reopened, so Jill took to mending it. She tore off a piece of her shirt and gently dressed the wound with it. Meanwhile the boy’s eyes where frantically searching around him. I addressed Jill and asked why she couldn’t heal him like she healed me.
“All beings have a presence. Whether it be aura or just their power radiating off of them, everyone has it. Mine just so happens to be power radiating off of me, just like your sister. This means that we have to hide it from everyone around us. So using a great deal of it, like I do when I heal, means that my power becomes more noticeable. So people who are searching for me have a better chance of finding me. Not to mention that it’s extremely hard on my body,” Jill explained, but she stopped when the boy tried to sit up. She pushed him back down, even though he seemed to be gaining strength.
“Where the hell am I?” He asked, trying to push Jill off of him so he could stand.
“You’re safe with us, so stop trying to run. It’s not like we’ll kill you or anything, or we would have already. Tell me your name, and why you just attacked us. Now,” I replied, searching Jill’s face. She gave a slight nod, and I listened as the boy explained.
“My name is Aiken, and as for why I attacked you, I’ll be keeping that to myself,” Aiken replied fiercely. Jill nodded, telling me that he was telling the truth, and I dropped the subject. But suddenly, we heard a rustling in the bushes behind us.
“It’s your family. Don’t worry, we’ll hide. Oh and he won’t be getting away anytime in the near future.” With that, Jill and Aiken were gone. I turned when my families footsteps got louder, and Nimue and mother greeted me by teleporting me back inside of my fancy house. The last thing I saw was Jill up in a tree, silently conversing with Aiken, as if something was terribly wrong.

sevandlilly said...
This might be a little strange, but I LOVE all your characters names:)

LivEvil said...
As good as always, names hard to pronounce in my head....as always. Stupid itallics was on....But i likes it

emilybwrites said...
wow this was great! check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate it thanks :)