Unlikely

Author's note: Me and my best friend are writing this, she is writing the Avian part and I am writing the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Me and my best friend are writing this, she is writing the Avian part and I am writing the werewolf part. We both wanted to put this up to get opinions. My friend saw this in her dream and yeah.... I still don't get the train much though (if you keep up and read you'll get it :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Avians: 1

River tapped her fingers on her leg, waiting. It was an old habit, picked up from her old mother who now sat rotting in a coffin buried deep underground. Sucks to be her, but she was used to it by now. Heck, she’d been living this life since she was six. Now, the only people she was attached to was her flock, her new family, the people who would never harm her, ever.
To her left sat her “second in command”, Vexen. To her right was the newest of the flock, Jayden, who was the reason they were all crowded into the small room. The rest of the flock stood in the back of the room. Gold, King, and Trish stood, tense and annoyed at being forced to wait. Gold began to protest the waiting, but River silenced her quickly.
She walked into the room, her pointed heels clicking on the tile floor. She nodded to Vexen, only acknowledging him because she was forced to. He looked at River, a mix of disgust and fear in his eyes. River understood both, they all did. She owned them, and no one could tell her what to do. In fear of the consequences of Vexen’s actions however, she silenced his look with a look of her own. She groaned internally, always the mediator.
“River, Vexen, always a pleasure to see you. Unfortunately, today we don’t meet for good reasons. We meet to discuss the terms of the flock,” she said, practically spitting the words at River.
It was River’s turn to speak, and she didn’t falter. “Of course, Miss Aisha. But I’m sure you’ll be reasonable, after all, you once had a flock yourself. But then again, we all know how that worked out.”
Aisha slapped River across the face. “Know your boundaries River. You may be the leader of this flock, but you have no right to talk to me like that! I will allow your new member. For now. But know this River, if you overstep your boundaries again, you and your flock will suffer the consequences. Remember that, all of you! Now out!” Aisha shouted.
“Yes ma’am Aisha.” They all mumbled in unison. Suddenly, River was dragged into the mind of Aisha. Her body functioned normally, following the others out of the room and into the crisp night sky. But her mind was forced to relive Aisha’s memories of her own flock.
The year was 1983. River stood in a room with Aisha, similar to the one she had just left. She was invisible to all in the room, Aisha, her boss Vernon, and the two burly bodyguards. Aisha’s boss, Vernon, was known for his cruelty to the members of his flock. He had just finished beating Aisha for information on the missing girl of his flock.
“I will hunt all of you down. I will lock you in cages, torture you, who knows, maybe I’ll kill you. I know no mercy for the likes of you. I don’t care if you’re sixteen or six. All this cruelty can be avoided however if you just tell me where Evelyn is. Just tell me and I’ll spare all of your lives,” Vernon said in his thick, slimy voice.
“Please, just leave her alone. She just wants a normal life. She was tired of being used for your sick twisted games. Just let her go,” Aisha pleaded with him. He beat her again, and then called for one of the bodyguards. He came, swinging a knife in his hands.
“A normal life? None of you can have a normal life! You’re freaks! Now tell me where she is. Switzerland? Poland? She can’t be anywhere close, or I would have found her by now. Now TELL ME!” he snatched the knife from the hands of his bodyguard and cut her across the back. She cried out in pain, but he continued to cut and stab her. Aisha couldn’t take it anymore. She told him. “Was that so hard Aisha? Now get her out of my sight!”
The memory faded away and River was jolted back into the present. Vexen, looking concerned, asked her if she was ok. She nodded, but she could still feel the effects of Aisha’s mind in hers. She could never forgive Aisha for giving up Evelyn. None of them could.
“Another vision?” Vexen asked quietly. River didn’t bother to answer, for he knew. Of all the minds to be sucked into, she hated Aisha’s worst of all.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

CurlyGirl17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, this is very intriguing! The beginning just sucked me right in. I like how the story doesn't explain everything all at once and leaves it to the reader to find out what's going to happen next. I would really appreciate a comment or advice on the first chapter of my story, Metalligirl, from a writer who's so highly rated! :)

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 9:03 am
very good book!!! ur an awesome writer!!! great job! Do u think that u could read one of my articles called: Terror Out Of this world? I need more comments and feedback on it. Thanks and keep writing! :)(:

LivEvil replied...
Sure i don't mind at all. but this isnt just me writing i wrote werewolves my friend wrote avians. Check all my other stuff to please!

Cheesegirl07 said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:54 am
It's a nice and scary book

livEvil replied...
Thanks. And scary? I never thought of it that way...

Cheesegirl07 replied...
Well, yah, I mean, werewolves... freak me out, but it's a good book

livEvil replied...
oh ok. Thank you!

livEvil said...
please comment