Pirates Vs. Ninjas

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Zom-Zom the zombie raver

A long dirt road stretched out before Pi and Pan, overlooking the steadily closer city. The city could have been capital worthy, if not for the crime. It was a town that called forth crime as hot days brought on wasps. Once, it had been a proud and healthy land, but this unfortunately led thieves to steal. This led to drugs and alcohols becoming all the more popular, as thieves are known to enjoy these things. The extra work polluted the place, making it too awful for even the lowliest of people to want. So the gothic hordes took this land in the closest form of happiness possible for them.
“What is the name of this place again?” Asked Pan, trudging her feet, not wanting to be here. She would rather have been beating up some old people right about now.
Pi turned to her and said, “Nobody knows what it was originally called, as its name has been changed by the Goths. They now call it Aermaz- the city of the beasts.”
Pan looked as if she couldn’t care less, but replied with the question, “And why are we going there? To some club, no less.” At this, Pi paused and stood as Pan walked past before she noticed and did a one-eighty.
He looked grave as he said, “I’ve heard there was someone there, and it’s someone I want to talk to.” Pan knew that when he said “talk to”, he meant kill, or maim. She didn’t know much of his childhood, as they had met when they were teenagers. Whenever she tried to ask about his past, he snapped and walked away. So she finally gave up the questioning.
Before anyone could say anything else, there was the sound of a large explosion, far off past a large hill. Pi and Pan looked at each other, and ran towards the noise.
As they reached the top of the hill, something odd came to view.
There, where part of the road had once been, there was now a large pit. At the bottom of the pit was a strange creature. It was green, and as tall as a human, but it had no arms. Instead, it had four insect-like legs at the end of its body.
Pi and Pan ran down to the edge of the pit, when they heard “Don’t get near him!”
They turned as they saw a man lying near the other end of the pit. He raised himself up, revealing that he had lost his arm, apparently in the explosion. He walked around the pit, and found his arm next to Pi and Pan. He picked it up and placed it back to his shoulder, where it stuck. He looked at them and said, “Hey, I’m Zom-Zom. I’m a Zombie Raver.”
Now that he was near, they saw that his long hair had been dyed bright green, popping out against his pale grey skin. He wore no shirt, but had on faded jeans, with a rainbow belt, and green shoes. On his head, he wore thick goggles with green and yellow spiral lenses, and around his neck was a neon green scarf. He was truly an odd sight.
He stood next to them and said, “As I was saying before, don’t go near him. He blows up whenever someone gets near him, I call him Cree, cuz’ he creeps up behind me. Apparently, I’m the only person in the whole world that this living bomb wants to kill.” With that, Zom-Zom turned towards the pit, as Cree was not there. “Dammit! He always does that!” cried out Zom-Zom in frustration.
Pi looked at this whole scene in an odd calm, and finally said, “I’m Pi, and this is Pan. So why are you out here anyway?” He completely looked over the fact that a giant firecracker with legs was on the loose. He was like that occasionally.
Zom-Zom started walking in the direction of the city, while they followed. As he did this he began his story.
“When I was fifteen, I got run over by a car. This is where my story begins. At my funeral, a lot of people I didn’t know showed up. They all had pale skin and bright clothes, and everyone became angry at their attitude during a funeral. A few insults were thrown around, before those strange people picked up my body and left. This was mostly to piss off my family, but they also needed a new member.”
“So they took me to some creepy place, where some necromancer scene girl was making an army of Zombie Ravers. She brought me back to life and made me a raver. Then, before she could do her mind control mumbo-jumbo on me, I ripped off my arm and stabbed her with the bone sticking out of the end. It turned out, when she died, we could still live. So I left the city and have been traveling ever since, meeting people both good and bad.”
After his story, Pan looked at him for a moment and pulled out her sword, quickly stabbing him in the chest. He yelled out and asked, “What the hell was that for?!”
She put her blade back and said, “He’s telling the truth. That’s too bad.”
Zom-Zom turned to Pi and asked, “Is she always like this?”
“No.” Pi replied, “She’s usually much worse.” To which Pan did a spin kick to Pi’s head. He flew a couple feet, and hit the dirt road face first.
Pan looked and asked, “Were you saying something?”
“No, go on with what you were doing.” Pi said, picking himself up with a groan. He looked at Zom-Zom, as if to say, you see? Zom-Zom looked at all of this, and sighed. This duo seemed half-mad, and he himself was beginning to wonder if he was as well for joining them to the town.
After all of this had taken place, they had reached the edge of the town, which was much larger than previously thought. The dark alleyways and grey buildings loomed closer, revealing a dark forest, or Park, at the edge of the city. In the park was a figure that was oddly out of place with the people in the town. She was in a dress made of leaves, which matched her hair, as well as her pale skin. She was most obviously a wood nymph.
She was yelling at another girl, this one wearing the hide of a wolf as a cloak. She was surrounded by wolves, which were attacking what was no doubt the nymph’s tree.
“Stop it Pip! Get your mutts away from my tree!”, screamed the wood nymph, kicking in the direction of the wolves, trying to scare them.
“Yeah right Nym, you’ve bugged me for the last time.” The wolf owner, Pip, exclaimed.
Pan looked over in their direction and clapped her hands together happily, saying, “Well Pi, have fun at that club. I’m going to see if I can help that Pip person.” And with that, she walked away, a mad grin across her face. Pi and Zom-Zom both shivered.
Zom-Zom stretched and said, “Pi, nice meeting you, but I’m going to check out some of the parties here. Good luck with whatever.” He walked in the direction of music, waving goodbye with a salute.
Pi looked around, suddenly all alone. He decided to find his way to the club, before either of them came back.
After acquiring a map from a local shop, he discovered that the Vampire Club was one of the most famous places in Aermaz. He headed off in the general area, scimitar close at hand. He soon found himself thinking of a few weeks after his eighth birthday, twelve years ago.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is interesting.  The character names are a bit ridiculous, but that's fine.  I didn't catch any major grammar/spelling errors either.  All in all, good job!

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:50 am :

Well, the names were supposed to be silly, to counteract the seriousness of some of the plotline...

In other words, my sister was giving us nicknames by asking us what our favorite animal is. I said zombie, so she said my nickname is Zom. I didn't like that, so i made it into Zom-Zom the zombie raver.

My friends said Panda (Pan), Pirate (Pi [yeah, he's a guy]), and vampire (Vamp).

Oh yes, when i  post the next part of the story, Vamp's name will be different. I have ... (more »)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:53 am :

Hmm...

Seems that something odd happened when i last posted...

Either that, or i've gone insane again...

Oh well, i guess we'll never know. (Cackles malisciously)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 4:05 am:
Hilarious and entertaining! I haven't quite finished this yet (I'm swamped with work), but I love what I've read so far. :)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 8:52 am :
Thanks. I actually got the inspiration of this story from Vampire Club by Voltaire. Have you heard of it?

Horrid_G said...
May 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm:
i liked it alot keep writing. also check out my book and give it some tips please

DinoNugget said...

This story is AWESOME!!!  I absolutely love it!  You are a fantastic writer.  Keep up the good work.  (Maybe check out by work?)  Write on!

-  Dino

ButterflyKiss replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 12:05 pm :
Ok this plot is just silly! xD It makes me smile! The names are kind of silly, but it makes the story even more entertaining to read! :) Keep on writing, my fellow INKIE!!!