Pirates Vs. Ninjas

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

The Road Less Traveled...

There in a field of grass, was a man asleep with a triangular black hat to cover his eyes. He wore a tattered brown vest, the ends held down by a black sash tied to his waist. He also had on a pair of tan pants torn at the ends. On his sash was a scabbard, carrying a scimitar. He snored loudly, and the hat flopped off his face, revealing black hair nearly covering a pair of glasses and an eye patch. The eye that was not covered with a patch was the color of amber, and was clear as his eye snapped open.
He did a little flip into the air, and landed on the pads of his feet. He looked around cautiously, and leaned down to pick up his hat. That was when he had heard a yell. He raised his head quickly and spotted a figure in a panda hoodie up in the air, with short sword in hand.
He threw his hat, blocking the figures view as he jumped to the air also, pulling out his scimitar and readying himself for the blow. Then the figure slashed through his hat suddenly, straight towards his head. He dodged in the nick of time, rolling to the side saying, “That was my favorite hat. Now it’s serious.” He pounced forward, spinning the blade in a complex fashion.
The mysterious person raised their sword and blocked just in time, as there was a ring of clashing metal. But they were not faster than he, as he twisted his scimitar as it hit the person’s blade, slipping past and slashing a deep gash in their arm. The stranger pulled back, and said, “Dammit Pi. Why did you have to cut me so deep?” And with that, the figure sat down and started pulling gauze from some pockets.
“Well, Pan, I wasn’t the one waiting to kill someone right after they woke up.” Pi replied, sitting down as well. Pan pulled down their hoodie, revealing shoulder length crimson hair, and electric blue eyes that told you she would start forest fires because she felt a bit chilly.
Pan stood up and said defensively, “Hey, I was planning on killing you in your sleep, I just wasn’t on time.”
“Oh yes, that makes all the difference,” spoke Pi sarcastically. “You still owe me a new hat.”
Pan reached for his hand and helped him up. She put her hoodie back up to cover her face, as most outlaws try to do, and pointed to the west. Off in the distance lay a large town, the next visit in their journey. She told him, “I’ll buy you a new one when we get there. What’s the first stop there anyway?
Pi looked in the distance and mumbled something incoherent. Pan asked to repeat himself and he replied, “We’re going to a place they call the Vampire Club.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is interesting.  The character names are a bit ridiculous, but that's fine.  I didn't catch any major grammar/spelling errors either.  All in all, good job!

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:50 am

Well, the names were supposed to be silly, to counteract the seriousness of some of the plotline...

In other words, my sister was giving us nicknames by asking us what our favorite animal is. I said zombie, so she said my nickname is Zom. I didn't like that, so i made it into Zom-Zom the zombie raver.

My friends said Panda (Pan), Pirate (Pi [yeah, he's a guy]), and vampire (Vamp).

Oh yes, when i  post the next part of the story, Vamp's name will be different. I have ... (more »)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:53 am

Hmm...

Seems that something odd happened when i last posted...

Either that, or i've gone insane again...

Oh well, i guess we'll never know. (Cackles malisciously)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 4:05 am
Hilarious and entertaining! I haven't quite finished this yet (I'm swamped with work), but I love what I've read so far. :)

ArchimedesWhite replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 8:52 am
Thanks. I actually got the inspiration of this story from Vampire Club by Voltaire. Have you heard of it?

Horrid_G said...
i liked it alot keep writing. also check out my book and give it some tips please

DinoNugget said...

This story is AWESOME!!!  I absolutely love it!  You are a fantastic writer.  Keep up the good work.  (Maybe check out by work?)  Write on!

-  Dino

ButterflyKiss replied...
Ok this plot is just silly! xD It makes me smile! The names are kind of silly, but it makes the story even more entertaining to read! :) Keep on writing, my fellow INKIE!!!