Twins in the Tower | Teen Ink

Twins in the Tower

April 13, 2011
By Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Welcome to the New World, where you'd better watch your neck."


Summary:

Hi, I'm Charlotte, the forgotten one. The disobedient one, the less loved one, and almost always the second best child, but that's okay, I guess. You probably have no idea who I am, but I know you all know my twin sister, Rapunzel. Everyone knows her. Everyone loves her, too, and I guess that includes me, despite the fact that she gets everything; she gets Mother's love, she gets all the attention, and she gets the boy of my dreams. On top of that, as much as I love her, she's a little pathetic. And dependant. And gullible... the list goes on and on. Oh, well, I guess that's just her: darling little helpless Rapunzel. Wish me luck, otherwise I might just kill her! Haha, kidding!... Kinda...

It seems Charlotte was born rebellious, so when Gothel kidnaps her and her sister, raises them in a tower, and tells them to stay put, what does she do? She sneaks out every night to join a band of thieves. When they rob a castle one night, Charlotte begins to unravel her past, but at what price?


Mary S.

Twins in the Tower


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 25 comments.


TheGoodTwin said...
on Apr. 26 2011 at 6:33 pm
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 70 comments

Favorite Quote:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

--Shakespeare

Great Story! 

The beginning sounds like something the brother's Grimm would write. The intro, where it switches to Charlotte is good.

The description is great, and the witty banter is funny. I like Vincent, he seems like the typical, (tortured), charismatic character that often appears in the best teen literature. 

I only have one comment: How does the mother know it's Charlotte? Is it because her silver hair is so distinctive? Or is it because the resemblance is remarkably identical? Or was it just mother's intuition? 

I just don't think it's too realistic for a mother to recognize a girl who she hasn't seen since she was a baby. I just feel like you should clarify that. 

Otherwise, well done. Great story, the plot sounds like it could really become something great, but if you're really willing to make it a book, make sure the plot is longer than you're probably intending. 

Good job, keep writing. 

btw, please check out my story, Away from Tragedy(realistic fict. novel), Among the Stars(romance novel), Hands Stained Red(adventure-action novel), or IN THE LIFE: A collection of Poems(other novels). Please and Thank you.


on Apr. 26 2011 at 12:42 pm
MysteryHeart GOLD, Thorold, Other
14 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
Usted es especial! AKWARD!!! (in an opera like voice), ohhh fasha', what the huh?,who in the name of what?, sanity now!

I love this ... if holy wood was smart they would take this idea and turn it into a movie.. cast.. cartoon... TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

on Apr. 17 2011 at 3:40 pm
Saphirra BRONZE, Auburn, Pennsylvania
4 articles 13 photos 109 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Falling is just like flying except there’s a more permanent destination.” -Some person on Tumblr

I really like the new twist in a classic story. Great Job! I hope you add more! :)

on Apr. 15 2011 at 5:48 pm
caludiaLeal GOLD, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Thirty minutes of exercise a day keeps the doctor away. Have a nice day!

Awesome, Rapunzel totally needs a sister and this one suits her perfect!  Great story!

Untamed said...
on Apr. 15 2011 at 5:14 pm
Untamed, Rincon, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else."
"The sky is the limit, you can do anything." - my mom

HAHA, I LOVE IT!!! keep writing ithis was so different and unique, absolutely perfect!!!