My Freaky Best Friends

Author's note: I actually made this story for a school assignment. I liked it so much though that I decided to share it with you guys.
Author's note: I actually made this story for a school assignment. I liked it so much though that I decided to share it with you guys.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

Chapter 13

After searching the base for Dr. Roberts, we stumbled upon a control room. “Hey Johnny, this is where Dr. Roberts sends his mind control signal from!” Said Damien as he ran toward the control panel. He unsheathed one of his swords and destroyed the control panel. Just then we heard a voice on our earpiece radios. “Hey baby, where are you?” Said Roxanne in a weak voice. “I’m coming for you right now.” I said to Roxanne over the radio. “Damien it worked! Roxanne is no longer under the mind control device!” I said to Damien with a happy expression. “Alright let’s go get her.” Said Damien as he sheathed his sword. After we arrived in the main hallway where we first walked in, I saw Roxanne sitting on the floor still dizzy from my shock. “Baby! You finally came for me!” Said Roxanne as she got to her feet. “I told you I would come get you.” I said to Roxanne as I gave her a big kiss on the lips. “Ok love birds, break it up. We still have to find Dr. Roberts and finish this thing.” Said Damien. Just then the ground started shaking. We ran outside to see a huge rocket preparing for takeoff. “Damn! We will never be able to shoot that thing down!” I said angrily. “Then allow us to help…” We turned around to find the army of test subjects behind us charging up their powers for a huge attack. “We need your energy too in order to make this blast powerful enough.” Said one of the test subjects. So me, Roxanne, and Damien charged up all of our energy into the vast pool of energy above our heads. The energy we stored above our heads shot out a huge beam of energy blowing the rocket up into smithereens. "Well, that’s the end of Dr. Roberts." I said to Roxanne and Damien. "Yeah. Our nightmare is finally over." Said Roxanne. “We must now live our lives knowing that we were a part of the greatest devastation this world has ever seen.” I said walking down the boardwalk of the pier hand in hand with Roxanne. After that day three years ago, I knew that my life had changed for the better. I had the love of my life, I had saved the world, and most of all, I had superpowers. Me, Damien and Roxanne continued using our powers in secret. Protecting the slowly rebuilding United States from terror. After that we continued our lives like “normal” people. We went to college and got great jobs. Me and Roxanne eventually got married and had two kids. Even Damien settled down after meeting his wife Mary a couple months after the incident. I think at times though that I got my powers for no specific purpose. Roxanne tells me that purpose was to rid the world of Dr. Roberts and I see that now. I also wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t met Damien three years ago. Oh well. All I know is that I continue to grow and live with my freaky best friends.

By: Jeffrey Boyer
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

CosmicHorse95 said...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 9:59 am:
Just an FYI...epilogue is the end...Prologue is the beginning