Who Will You Save?

Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of my closest friends. My one friend told me to base the main character off of me. She has my personality and looks, but a more exciting life. That's what you get with books.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 Next »

Men...

We arrived at Greg's about five minutes before six. I rang the doorbell and Greg answered so quickly, I thought he was standing by the door waiting for me.
"Now listen here, I don't know why you got over your little hissy fit so quickly, but I'm not----"
I couldn't finish my sentence because he pulled me to him and kissed me. It was so familiar. His tongue knew what to do with mine. We've kissed so many times before.
I wanted to keep kissing him until I heard someone clear their throat. I knew it was Xavier. It had to have been awkward standing there watching us kiss. He kissed me before and he loved me too now. I doubt he would want someone kissing the girl he loves.
"I'm really sorry, Sades. I want to believe you, but it's hard. You're everything to me and I can't lose you now. Every guy would be after you if I let you go," Greg said,
"I highly doubt that."
"I don't. Have you ever actually looked at yourself?"
"Not really. I like being simple which means not observing myself for half an hour just to make sure my hair is perfect," I explained.
"You should though. You're beautiful. I've thought that ever since the first time I saw you."
"What is this? Is he going to start a confession rant?" Xavier asked.
"Really?" I asked, ignoring Xavier's remark.
"Yes. When we were little and you fell off your bike. I knew when I saw you that you were beautiful," he answered and paused for a moment, "When we entered high school, I was scared to talk to you. Every time I brought you up to a friend, they said they barely knew you. I didn't know what to do, but I did know I wanted to be with you. I needed you. When I came up to you, I had no idea what to say."
"Which explains why I thought you were some ignorant pig who just stared at my chest."
"Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, you looked amazing. I wasn't planning on asking you out but I started rambling and it came out. I'm glad I said it too. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have had the most beautiful, smartest girl in the school who I'm sure will be prom queen," he said with a smile.
"Oh, stop it. I think being prom queen would be degrading to my well-being. It's all a pretty contest."
"Hm, then you will definitely lose."
"Can I punch him? That was very rude and inconsiderate. Why did you date this guy?" Xavier asked.
I didn't mention the fact that Greg and I were still dating. Xavier would become very angry after that.
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"You said it was a pretty contest. You aren't pretty. You're beautiful so obviously you would lose," he explained.
"Ah, yes. Now I get it. That was a very smooth move, Mr. Brooks."
"Pshh. Ignorant oaf," Xavier insulted.
He was becoming a little annoying now. He seemed so irritated. He needed to calm down. He was so up for this before and now he acted as if he wanted to puke all over the carpet. It isn't that bad. Greg and I have been together for a while. Of course, we would flirt with each other. Besides, I enjoyed it.
"So, we are supposed to talk so let's talk. This 'guy' is following you around and saying he's your greeter?" Greg asked.
"Yes. His name is Xavier. I met him when I died, in the meadow. You can't see him, but I can. He talks to me and I talk to him. He died a long time ago and he thinks I'm the reincarnation of his girlfriend, Lilah."
Greg raised an eyebrow and I knew he thought I was crazy. I had to tell him everything. He wanted to know, didn't he? I was only being honest on the fact that a dead hot spirit guide or whatever was following me around and he is in love with me and I kinda like him.
That does sound a bit crazy, I thought.
"That is, um, absolutely terrific. A creep is following around my girl." Greg said, sounding annoyed.
Xavier started advancing towards Greg. I knew he wanted to hit him. I could tell by the expression on his face.
"Xavier stop. He didn't do anything to you. He is only talking," I said.
"Easy for you to say. He called me a creep. I am no such thing. I only wish the best for you."
"I know you do, but so does he. Please don't argue with me."
"I'm not trying to argue with you. I just don't enjoy being called a creep," he complained.
"I know, I know."
"Wait, is he talking to you?" said Greg, interrupting Xavier and I.
I saw a shimmer of light and then I saw Xavier. He materialized right in front of my eyes. He looked solid and human, but still had an angelic presence. He looked at me with an expression of awe and then turned his gaze toward Greg.
"Yes, I am talking to her, and I am not a creep or a 'guy.' I'm Xavier and I'm a greeter. Sadie's greeter."
"Whoa, hold up. I thought I could only see you. You never told me you could just show up when you want. Talk about not giving details," I ranted, "Why didn't you tell me? This would have saved me a lot of trouble before and someone wouldn't have thought I was crazy."
"Yes, well, I am terribly sorry but it was the only way you would listen to me. I never intended any harm. He was supposed to listen to you."
"Hm, now that we're all good buddies, can someone explain all this to me?" Greg asked while waving his arms up and down at Xavier.
"Can we talk about this on, like, Monday? I really want to go home and tomorrow, I'm going to call Taylor and try to get her out of her house because I know she is stuck there."
Both guys said yes and that was my signal to get up and leave. I could sense the awkwardness bouncing around the room and I didn't want it to continue. It could free itself on Monday where I would be with both of them.

emilybwrites said...
great job! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm:
very unique  great story  please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  it's pretty short so it wont take long to read  i would really appreciate any feedback at all

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 12:26 am:

This is very unique! I can't wait until you complete it!

There are a few minor errors that can be corrected, though (guardian is not spelled with a "q").

Please read and comment on my novel SuperNOVA. Thanks :D

Lex2011 replied...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 5:42 am :
yea. its like being stupid. i have it spelled right but it cuts off the bottom of the "g"

Emmadilemma said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:21 am:
wow!! first sentence completely captured me in. Great plot and great job!!!

Lex2011 replied...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm :
thanks a lot. i've been writing this since june and i may add more. i