Bete' Noire

Cory M.
Bete' Noire
Summary: The main Character, Gene Arch, was born blind as a purposely given abnormality that was used as a sacrifice to inherit the Sorcerer of Chao's blood and control him, however the Sorcerer of Chaos previously implanted a seal to break control and merged his conscience with Gene's. Gene kills his family because Chaos has forced him to believe they were suffering and death was a way to free. In order for Gene to see, he must enhance his eyesight with Chaos magic. When he does, Chaos manipulates his vision to see nothing but a destroyed land tainted with blood, and humans appear as savage beasts with flaming swords. Gene is oblivious to the reality and has made many enemies because of it. Throughout the story, he is ambushed by several reincarnations of previous people that succumbed to Chaos's wrath and seek revenge after being born with their Ancestor's memories. Will Gene ever find out the truth, or will he be doomed to release Chaos or die by the hand of his predecessors?

Tags: bete noire

156zcm said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm:
your a great writer and all i have to say is grammer and if you could could you check out my book its called Wizard Test Book 1 and i realy need someone elses imput. thanks.

Ebonykitty said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 6:58 pm:

I loved it! I can't wait to read more!

~Ebony~

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your grammar and word usage comes across as incredibly awkward, and is extremely offputting.

CoryMcIntosh04 replied...
Dec. 28, 2010 at 7:52 am :
Thank you very much for your input, if you have any advice, I would be more than happy to listen!

Jacob44 said...

Wow, what a great beginning, this is the kind of story that teen(and beyond!) fantasy readers have been waiting for(especially me).  I can't wait to finish reading  your book. I am also curious, what does Bete' Noire mean? I suppose it is french, but I am at a loss to the meaning. Thanks for writing and keep up the great work!

Jacob44

Jacob44 replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 9:09 pm :

i figured Noire out, it means Black i think. Correct me if im wrong

Jacob44 replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 9:10 pm :
Oops, how dumb of me, it says what it means at the top(i was nowhere close)!

CoryMcIntosh04 replied...
Dec. 28, 2010 at 7:53 am :
Haha, I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I do plan to continue with this story again in January. It needs some editing but I'm glad you're satisfied with what I have so far :D 

Jacob44 replied...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm :
Ack! I can't wait! Good luck and happy writing! :P :)