Holmes Academy

Author's note: I had a dream! Literally. I woke up and I wrote what I had dreamed. It was weird. And okay...do...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had a dream! Literally. I woke up and I wrote what I had dreamed. It was weird. And okay...do not even remotely copy what I've written please. I'm very protective of this idea, and if I have to go Anne Rice on you I will. :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Strange

We were escorted to our rooms by the older children, up the staircase we had seen earlier which led to a much bigger corridor. This one equally as dark and equally as ugly but at least you could move without bumping into someone. There was a grand staircase at the end of the hall which led to yet another grandeous corridor.
"I'm going to get lost in here." Someone whispered.
After many twists and turns and several what I felt was a little bit of back-tracking we entered the
So it's short but I just wanted to get my brain juices going for this story.
students quarters. Much brighter then the rest of the school, the student quarters almost made my eyes burn. The large four walled room was as tall as it was wide. Various couches and chairs, all of which mismatched in design, lay sprawled over the room. Tables were set up for what looked like studying. The carpet was maroon and spotted in various stains.
"Ladies, we are this way." An older girl student said and pointed to a door on the left side of the room.
We followed her and the other older girls. I tried to count how many of us we were but being my height all I saw was the back of the persons head in front of me.
The various rooms in this hallway had names engraved with a plaque on the door. At the end of the hall was a bathroom that I assumed had our showers in them as well. I walked past the girls looking at the names on the doors and found mine toward the middle of the hall. I looked at my roomate and to my dismay it was exactly who I didn't want.
"I figured we would be roomies." Angie said, coming up behind me.
"How?" I asked turning to her.
She shrugged, her bony shoulders showing through her shirt.
I walk in to our room with two large four poster beds, a window overlooking the courtyard oustide the manor, and a wardrobe for clothes. My suitcase and Angies lay on the floor. I pick mine up and pick the bed furthest from the door. I feel Angies eyes on me but choose to ignore her.
A bell rings, loud and clanging and from the rush outside I know it's dinner time now.
Angie is still staring when I turn around and continues to stare when I meet her eyes.
"What?" I cry.
"You don't want to be here."
I blink. "So?"
Angie frowns. "It's just, strange to me."
"You should talk." I say, feeling slightly offended. "You are the definition of strange." I know this is the part where I make a dramatic exit, slamming the door behind me, but I can't bring myself to do it. She helped me throught the woods after all.
"Sorry." I say. "I didn't mean it."
"Yes you did." Angie scoffs. "Youre a terrible liar Brevies. Its alright to say what you think." At that she turned on her heels and walked out.
I stay there, stunned for a minute then follow the rest of the girls toward dinner.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

laughterpalaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:16 am:
very interesting! your character is really unique and i like her. keep writing, practice makes perfect. best of luck! by they way, i like the names. i always have trouble naming characters

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
nightstalker part three, four, and five is now out! Go check it out if you liked the first and second! :)(:

A.C.Worsham said...
May 30, 2011 at 9:10 am:
Im trying to rewrite this from a different angle now. The story has kind of gone stale so Im re writing it a little. No worries though, Im still writng it. I love this idea. Sorry I havent posted anything in so long :P

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2011 at 9:02 pm:
This is really good! I can't wait till you post more! The characters are really interesting, and I've always been a fan of mysteries. Keep writing :)

IluvJesus said...
May 27, 2011 at 7:36 pm:
Good job so far! I love it. Like all things it could use a LITTLE work. But nice job!

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm:
great story really interesting  could you please take a look at and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really appreciate the feedback

Chans247 said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 2:17 am:
This is such a great story! I love the plot.Please write another chapter asap, I can't wait to read it:)

Thinker said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:49 pm:

I love this.  Good plot, nice POV changes, and something I would definately buy at a store.  Your story inspired me to continue with an idea of mine, similar to yours(but not the same, so don't worrry)

What're you waiting for? post more!

Sammi_love said...
This was sooo good! I loved it all! please write more :D

LilybirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This is really good, I love it! Please write more!

peanutbutterlove said...
This is really super cool! write more please :)

Aspiringauhor said...
Write more! I loved it! :)

AaronLawrence said...

This is so good, hurry up and write more

Medina D. said...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:22 am:
this idea sounds like a REALLY cool mystery novel!! Good job!!

AngelOfDarkness replied...
Sept. 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm :
Oddly enough, this reminds me of ths book about an all girls spy school, the Gallagher Academy. Did you get inspired by that book? :)

A.C.Worsham replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 10:30 am :
No lol. Sounds like a book I would read though. Never read it. Never heard of it actually lol :)