SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

on May. 6 2011 at 2:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up man, I appreciate it!

Zampanó said...
on May. 6 2011 at 2:46 pm
hey dude congrats on being today's #1 novel i will go and text you right now to let you know

on May. 3 2011 at 2:23 pm

There's only a few days left to submit questions for the author interview coming out this weekend!

on May. 3 2011 at 2:20 pm

Thanks, the final version is still under works!

on May. 3 2011 at 2:19 pm

Don't worry, the wait won't be much longer....SuperNOVA has been around in one form or another since 2009, and all the pieces are finally falling into the right places.

Akram_9 said...
on May. 2 2011 at 1:39 pm
Akram_9, O.B, Other
great work... i loved it

Quint said...
on May. 1 2011 at 10:18 am
This is some professional material but you are killing me with the wait for new content man!!!

on Apr. 30 2011 at 9:44 am

Thanks for your comment. As much as I would love for you to actually be M. Shadows, you're probably just another huge Avenged Sevenfold fan like me (or at the very least one of my friends). If by some miracle you're actually Matt, please contact me via the Project-NOVA website and let me know.

Thanks :D

A7X... said...
on Apr. 30 2011 at 1:22 am

I really enjoyed reading this piece of writing. Your style is new and refreshing, and it's awesome to see that in today's cliche, often boring world. Never stop writing,

M.

on Apr. 29 2011 at 9:23 pm

Thanks for your comment, and I'm glad you like the novel!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm sincerely doubting the amount of misspelled words you've found. Granted, this draft of SuperNOVA is a few years old and there are minor errors here and there (notably words that have been left out of sentences) but spell check didn't indicate any glaring errors.

Jameson wasn't the President Elect, just one of the frontrunning candidates. There are definitely bigger missions than one simple assassination.

John comes out of his coma roughly six months before the start of the actual story, and it wasn't necessary that he be told that his parents had died (though it is not particularly relevant to the story, his parents died years before the novel is set).

Of course, there's a lot to be said for what Project NOVA's interpretation of what's "best" for John may be.

on Apr. 29 2011 at 12:21 pm
Amor-Y-Palabras SILVER, Springfield, Illinois

"We must use the weapon of love. We must realize that so many people are taught to hate us that they are not totally responsible for their hate." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I really like the plot of this!  I found a lot of words spelled wrong though.  Also, it seems that assassinating the future president should be the highest case level there is.  And when he first woke up from his coma, wouldn't the hospital have told him about his deceased parents and his brother right away?

I like your writing style though. good job :)

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:52 pm

It's much higher, without a doubt. I'm really proud of how successful how the novel has been so far.

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:45 pm

Thanks for your comment! Of course I'll check out your work :) Thanks

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:45 pm

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it :)

on Apr. 27 2011 at 6:13 pm
MasterZone BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Then do you think the number is higher or lower than an average reader like me expect?

mlynch BRONZE said...
on Apr. 27 2011 at 3:53 pm
mlynch BRONZE, Summit, New Jersey

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it present."

This is really good!! I like your writing style!!! Keep up the good work!!! Can you please check out my work? My best one is, "Just Like My Mother" in the realistic fiction section. Thanks!!

alex198 said...
on Apr. 27 2011 at 3:01 pm
alex198, |, Other
This is really good! You're a great writer and I love the story you've come up with. :)

on Apr. 26 2011 at 4:15 pm

Hey, SuperNOVA fans, it's time for another reader survey! If you could compare the novel to any one movie, television series or book, which would it be and why? Please let me know!

on Apr. 25 2011 at 11:02 am

The official production blog has been updated with a few minor details about the plan for the next few months, as well as the first hint of what's in store for you guys after SuperNOVA hits shelves.

Remember you can find our official site via google and from our official Facebook and Twitter pages.

on Apr. 25 2011 at 10:37 am

At this time I don't feel comfortable divulging that information, but I will state that SuperNOVA is still TeenInk's #1 highest rated novel of all time and TeenInk's #1 most discussed novel of all time.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare