SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

M-star BRONZE said...
on Jul. 29 2011 at 12:12 am
M-star BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you."- Richard Brinsley Sheridan

This is beyond amazing! And I understand that this is only about 1/5 of the full book? So how am I going to read the full version? I'm really excited to do so!

on Jul. 19 2011 at 12:59 pm
Laura_Oliver GOLD, Manchester, Connecticut

This is really great and exciting! It is hard to capture that kind of writing.

Plus, check out my other book, "The Keathwe Chronicles: Part One" and leave some feedback!

on Jul. 16 2011 at 7:17 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
It was really great! good job and keep writing! :D (Sorry for advertizing) I just wrote two stories called the beast and nightstalker. If any of u could check them out, that would be appreciated. And please post comments saying if u liked it or not or if i should change anything. Thanks! :)(:

on Jul. 1 2011 at 1:05 am
Kvothe28 SILVER, Temecula, California

Excuse me while I prepare my impromptu remarks. -Winston Churchill

Tell it like it is, not how it was. -Jonathan

Break it down like a fine English double-gun. -R. Bitoni

This is really good.

on Jun. 30 2011 at 6:40 pm

The full, finished manuscript should clock in somewhere around 120,000 words. Thanks for your comment :D

DanielorDan said...
on Jun. 25 2011 at 10:54 pm
DanielorDan, Temecula, California

" Toasters toast toasters that toast toasters that toast toast..." - Youtube Poop: Toast!

A neat style of writing, I love it. How long will it be though? Are you going to make it book length or just keep it novel style?

on Jun. 11 2011 at 3:25 pm
ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

Your welcome :)

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:22 pm

I agree, but I'm biased :P

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks, you rock!

on Jun. 9 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks dear, I love you. <3

on Jun. 4 2011 at 5:12 pm

You're writing style reminds me of James Patterson.

on May. 12 2011 at 6:58 am
wow. This is awesome! It has grown so much since when I first read it.  You've come such a far way, and I eagerly await more! Seriously, fantastic!

SJ_101 said...
on May. 11 2011 at 6:18 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York
This book is definitely 5 stars. :)

Horrid_G said...
on May. 11 2011 at 2:07 pm
Horrid_G, San Lorenzo, California

this book ishorrid

on May. 10 2011 at 10:07 am

Well, SuperNOVA has been around in one solid form or another since January 2010, though formal work on it began in September 2010. I began work on the final draft in March, and it should be completed by either July or August. A year and a half is roughly an accurate estimate.

SJ_101 said...
on May. 9 2011 at 4:32 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

I'm sorry to bother you, but I have just one more question. How long did I take you to write the novel? Like, when did you start writing this novel?

Everyone says it takes at least a year to write a novel. That's so long! :(

on May. 9 2011 at 3:20 pm

Thanks a ton! I should have a lot of free time this week and some major progress on the final draft will be made!

SJ_101 said...
on May. 8 2011 at 2:53 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

Good luck! I understand that the first draft may not be the best. :) I can't wait to read the full version!

Seriously, this plot is way interesting. It's definitely worth reading!

on May. 8 2011 at 11:52 am

SuperNOVA fans, today we hit two big milestones in terms of comment count and ratings, thank you to all of my fans! The author interview will likely be going online tonight, tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for being patient.

In the meantime, if you're interested in reading a short opinion piece I've written about Charlie Sheen, head over to the Opinion > Celebrity/Entertainment section of TeenInk.

on May. 8 2011 at 11:50 am

I understand why you're confused-- the 10 chapters currently posted on TeenInk were only the first 1/5th of that draft! The full version should make things much more clearer.

The word count for the final draft should be just over 120,000 words (roughly 10,000 words per chapter). I have not selected a publishing company yet, I'm currently looking for an agent to represent me.