The Bringer of Awes | Teen Ink

The Bringer of Awes

March 29, 2019
By Ethan44, Hollywood, Florida
More by this author
Ethan44, Hollywood, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I do not write as much adventure stories so it was fun to learn all the aspects about how to do it.

The small murmur of a voice asked, "Could it be true?”

A stronger voice responded, “Let us bring him back to headquarters first.”

A golden aura cast over the sleeping child making him lethargic and put into a trance. The orbs lifted the aura and the child elevated. The orbs then carried the child out of the house window into the cold air. It was snowing very lightly but it was windy. As the wind whipped the snow everywhere, the orbs opened a trapdoor that seemed to be invisible. The orbs brought the child into the very talk room with light walls. And, they put him onto a bed where he slept.

“He could be the one,” the stronger orb spoke.

“I just hope we picked the right one for the boss,” the smaller voice murmured.

It was about noon and all the snow was melted off. It revealed a light brown grass below. Birds were flying and chirping across the evergreen trees. And, squirrels were hopping around, wetting their paws with every leap

The boy woke up and glance around. Then he shrieked, “Where am I!”

The small orb responded, “Hello, Jason. How do you feel?”

“H-how do you know my name,” Jason croaked.

“We have been analyzing you for a long time now,” the burly orb responded.

“A-analyze?” Jason wheezed.

Before Jason could speak, the orbs conjured their golden aura Jason felt the warmth and started to feel queasy. The golden aura made him feel weird.

“Whoa, what are you doing?” Jason questioned

“We are bringing you to the exercising testing chamber,” the small orb responded.

The orbs transferred Jason to a very plain room. All the walls were a perfect white and the floor had perfectly aligned tiles. In the middle of the room, there was a treadmill-like machine. The orbs lifted Jason onto the treadmill and ordered him to start to run. When Jason took a step, the treadmill took a revolution going the opposite way.

“Is this some kind of magic?” Jason asked.

The orbs did not respond. The treadmill started to move faster and Jason matched it. Jason felt his body becoming more strong with every step. The treadmill started moving extremely quickly. Jason was very surprised that he could match these speeds. Then, the orbs abruptly halted the treadmill and Jason tumbled forward.

“Well done, Jason. Now, you need some rest,” the small orb spoke.

Jason did not feel a bit tired but when the orbs brought him next to his bed and retracted the golden aura, he immediately collapsed. The orbs turned away and moved through the chambers.

“He did some very fast running, the small orb spoke, “Do you think he could be part of the runner species?”

“Maybe”, the stronger voice responded, “ We will have to do some more tests to be certain.

The orbs turned off the white light in Jason’s chamber and went to their designated areas around the corner.

The next morning, Jason stirred awake. He tried to move his legs but he gasped in pain. His legs were extremely sore. He felt like they could snap at any second like raw spaghetti. The orbs came to assistance when they heard Jason scream. They conjured the golden aura and cast it over Jason. When they did, Jason immediately felt better.

“For today, we will be practicing strength,” the stronger orb spoke.

The orbs lifted Jason back to another bland room. This time, the room was a light orange with a wooden floor. In the room, there was nothing but a barbell and a bench. The orbs ordered Jason to lay on the bench and to lift the barbell. Jason wedged himself between the bench and the bar and put his hand onto the cold bar. With the golden aura still around him, Jason tried to lift the bar. He put his shoulders into it and did not feel the barbell even bridge. He put all his strength into his arms but he could not lift it. He started to scream and lift the barbell only an inch. After all that lifting, Jason collapsed from exhaustion. The orbs carried Jason back to his bed where he rested.

“He is obviously not a lifter, the strong orb muttered, “He could not even lift one ton.”

“But, he is just a child. You cannot expect him to lift all of that,” the smaller orb responded.

Jason did not sleep. He lay on the bet looking up at the bland ceiling. He overheard the orbs talking about a one-ton barbell. Did he really attempt to lift all that way? He was surprised he was actually able to lift it a little bit. After about an hour, the orbs rounded the corner again to Jason’s room.

“Would you like to try that test again?” The strong orb asked.

“Definitely,” Jason responded.

The orbs picked up Jason again and brought him to the same weightlifting room. Jason picked up the same weight that he dropped and placed his hands firmly on the bars. He lifted the barbell with as much strength that he could and a sudden surge of strength came of him. Then, he lifted the bar way above his head. The orbs stared at each other but said nothing.

“What does the golden cloud thingy do?” Jason questioned.

“It replicates the condition of how out homeworld is,” the small orb responded.

“You display an amazing amount of strength for our world,” the bigger orb added on.

“The is a legend that there will be a human from planet Earth that will save our planet and out kind,” the small orb spoke.

“Is your world currently in that danger?” Jason asked.

“Certainly,” the small orb said gloomily, “the son of the king killed his own father. With all of the power from him, he used it to enslave our people. He is like the pharaoh from your world.

“I learned about the pharaoh in school and it sounds harsh, how could I help?” Jason questioned.

“Yes, but the journey will be strenuous,” the small orb said.

“Well, I’m up for the job!” Jason exclaimed.

“You first need to rest,” the big orb butted in.

Jason went to his bed in his bland chamber. He could not rest. He was excited to go onto an adventure from another planet to save innocent people. He just could not wait.

The next day, the orbs woke up Jason and brought him to their spaceship. The spaceship was steel colored and looked as smooth as glass. Jason admired the spaceship until the opening of the door made him jump. The orbs took Jason into the spaceship and buckled him up onto the leather chair. During lift-off, Jason became very nervous. Once the spaceship was in orbit, Jason admired the wonders of space. Then, the spaceship lurched forward from the thrusters to the orbs’ planet.

Jason glanced down at the yellow planet and asked, “What are those?”

“Our people,” the big orb responded.

Once the spaceship landed, Jason was jumping with excitement. He was ready for his journey. When he got out of the spaceship, he felt the same feeling when he was in the golden aura that the orbs cast. He felt much stronger and more powerful than on Earth. He tried running and he ran with extreme speed. He started running laps until he saw a gigantic orb. It was easily thirty times bigger than the orbs he knew. He ran up to it with extreme speed.

The huge orb boomed at Jason, “Who dares come near my throne?”

Jason shouted back with such force that is startled the king, “Me!”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.