A Theives Journey Part 1 | Teen Ink

A Theives Journey Part 1

By AWRITERSTORY, Mentor, Ohio
AWRITERSTORY, Mentor, Ohio

“Darkness can not drive out darkness, only love can do that.”

Author's note:

The vampire diaries inspired me to write this story because in the show there are huge plot twist that many never see coming. And I hope peope will get that sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to.

“Get back here,” the familiar voice of the baker yelled. I hit a left into Trough alley, a right on Salane street, and duck behind the oversized city dumpster. The baker walks onto the the streets, looking left and right in confusion of my whereabouts. “I’ll get you thief!” I smirk in my glory of escaping the baker. But more importantly, I’m Elijah Thorn, your city’s thief and soon to be vampire. And this is the story of a low life thief to a city’s killer.

“Hey Raven, look what I got.” Raven is another one of the city’s good thieves. Also my best friend. “Bread,Potatoes,and grapes. You could’ve gotten apples to.” “Well I didn’t exactly have the time. The baker chased me this time. Didn’t know he ran so fast.” As I finish my sentence I see Raven tearing up. A tear runs down he face. “Raven you okay. I’ll get the apple's next time.” “Elijah you idiot it’s not the apples. It’s the stealing. Why do we have to live like this? There has to be another way.” I put my are on her shoulder. “I promise one day we’re going to be rich and give back everything to everyone. But stealing is the only way we can survive. We’re too young to work and no one's going to offer help to use. I know that this hurts you but everything will get better, promise.” I remove my hand from Ravens shoulder. The tears fade away and vanish. She begins to give a slight smile. “I found you thief!” I looked to the left of me where the sound came from and there he was. The baker standing in the alleyway by the oversized dumpster. I turn around and was getting ready to dash but then I realized. It’s a dead end.There’s a huge brick wall guarding the escape. The baker smiles realizing that I was trapped. “It’s bout time you learn you lesson, the hard way.” The baker reaches into his back pocket and takes out a two barreled pistol. “Wait, please. He’s sorry, he doesn’t know any better.” Raven trembling in fear. I couldn’t move. My muscles restrained against me. The baker aimed the gun towards me. And before I know it a heated bullet hits me in my stomach. Blood immediately gushes out of my stomach onto the gravel. “No!” Raven screams, tears flooding down her face. I fall onto my back.

I’m doing my “books” like episodes. So technically every “book” I make is an episode. So this is episode 1.

I see the baker dash away as Raven comes to my aid. “We’ve gotta get that bullet out before you lose to much blood.” She has a cloth in her left hand. She pulls up her sleeves and dig into my stomach. I felt her cold hands pulling the bullet out of me. I screamed and yelled. She held my hand as she was pulling the bullet out. Then suddenly the bullet came out. “Okay Elijah, I need you to be strong for me. This is going to hurt.” I see a bottle of Alcohol in her hand. “No,no, I can.. i can wait for help.” She takes off the cap to the bottle. “No you can’t. I can’t afford to lose you.” She pours the alcohol into my wound. That had to be the worse pain I felt ever. She puts the cloth over my wound. “Okay hold it down and keep presser on it.” My arms were weak but I still had a little strength left to hold my wound. “Don’t move I’m going to find help.” It’s not like I could move but my sarcasm wasn’t needed at the moment. She runs away and hits the corner. I lay on the ground holding my wound. The bleeding had slowed. But the wound still felt horrible.

A heard a man’s voice coming towards me. “I see you’ve been shot, near death. Must be so scared. You don’t want to die.” This man sits down by my body. I had no idea what was going on. He had been watching the whole thing but why didn’t he step in? Does he want me dead to? “Who...are you? Di...d you see me g...et shot?” I could barely speak. My wound even stopped my speech. “Yes Elijah I did. But I’m here to help. Have you heard of vampires boy?” I was scared. How did he know my name? And why would he ask me about vampires. Vampires didn’t live in this part of the town. The Krasion army was fighting the vampires over in Teoyan, which 3,000 miles away from here. My speech soon became clear. “Who are you and how do you know my name?And why did you ask me about vampires?” The man moved my hand and my cloth. “That’s one nasty wound, I could heal you instantly you know.” I didn’t understand what he was trying to get across. I still was wondering why he dodged my question on how he knew my name. “How?” He smiled like he was waiting for me to ask that question. “I could make you what I am, and you could do anything you want to anyone you want. Like that baker man.” I didn’t want to be what he was but I felt my life leaving me by the second. “And what are you?” He bites into his wrist, causing blood to come out. He hits me in my throat and puts his wrist in my mouth. “A vampire. Drink my blood.” His blood ran down my throat. It
was the best thing I ever tasted. It was like honey. He moved his hand away from my mouth. “Now what?” He looked at me with a smirk. “I kill you.” He bites into my neck. I feel the blood leaving my body. His teeth let go of me. “See you later Elijah.” I die. No joke. I died, well for a while.