I am Sol | Teen Ink

I am Sol

March 13, 2018
By Anonymous

I heard my dad yell “Sol! Run! Now!” I yelled back “Dad what's happening!” He replied “Sol I don’t have much time to explain, you will understand later! Remember the word Denšroar! It’s what will keep you alive my son! Now there is a sword in the basement go down there pick up the sword and hide! Do not come out!” He threw me down the stair well and I yelled “Dad Wait!” The door closed and I was alone in the dark. I mumbled to myself “I never said good bye…” I curled up into a ball and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I saw myself alone with nothing that I knew left. Everything was gone, and I was the last one there… I didn't’t know how much time had passed in the stair well. Enough that the gnawing pain in my stomach was irritating but not enough for me to try to get out. I was still waiting, waiting for my father and sister and brother and mother to come in here after me. Nothing, I finally walked down the stairs and lit a candle. I heard a feint sound of scuttling and breathing. I turned the candle and saw my younger brother and sister. I said “Colter, What happened?” He replied with a shaky voice “I don’t know, daddy told me to take Bridger down here and then I heard screams and the door closed.” I said “I’m sorry Colter, but you guys have to eat. So we have to break out of here no matter what may be waiting for us.” Colter said “Wait!” I turned around and he said “Does the word Dragneel mean anything to you?” I said “No why?” He replied “Dad told me to remember that word and to not let go of it.” I nodded and said “Do as he asks now come lets get out of here.” I walked up the stairs and got to the door. It was hard, made of steel and it was stuck. I infused my hand with a little bit of lightning and punched the door. It went off its hinges and fell down. Colter looked at me and said “Sol, please be careful we don’t know what we might see…” I grinned and stepped out of the door and I stopped. I heard Colter say behind me “Sol, What's wrong?” I didn't’t say anything and he said “Sol!” He stepped beside me and saw what I saw. Around us was nothing but a pile of bones and blood. I turned around and saw the only thing standing was the door to the basement. I turned back and I noticed one thing, my dads old medal that he got for defeating a high king of the under world. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I heard Colter say “Sol… Look at this…” I walked over to him and looked down. Written in blood were the words ‘Were here again, now what are you going to do about it” I said “Colter… take care of Bridger, go to the Tower you will be safe there.” He said “And you?” I replied “I’m going to find the son of a b**** who did this…” Colter said “Sol your 12 what are you gong to do?” I replied “What I need to…” I started walking away and turned “One last thing Colter, no matter what I will find you. When it’s all over I will find you.” I started walking away again.

 

4 years later

 


I ducked under a demons claw and punched its main inner body. I activated my arm sword and stabbed through it. I pulled out the sword and wiped off the blood. The area around me was a city, it was overrun by demons 2 years ago and no one had done anything about it.
I got a distress signal coming from a leader who got stuck and is keeping around 250 people alive, I got it last month and I haven’t heard anything sense. I heard more growls and yelps coming in my direction. I jumped on top of a building and started jumping from roof top to roof top. I heard the war beasts screams behind me. I turned around and there were about five of them surrounding there fallen brother.
  I turned and kept on jumping. I put my finger to my ear piece and called out again “This is Felix, is anyone out there?” I heard a buzzing sound then it went off. I tried again, this time I heard something “6144 Colegozz lane” I used the ear piece to create a holo map in front of me then it marked out a clear path to the designated area.
  I jumped to the right and started running over there. When I got there there was a tiny house, with the door tightly closed. I heard the sounds of more war beasts and I knocked on the door quickly but quietly. No answered. I did it again then I heard “What’s the passcode?” I said “I don’t know your freaking pass code let me in Im here to save you!” I heard a lock go off then a voice said “come in.”
I did as he asked and it was pitch black. I heard the door shut behind me then the lights turned on. I heard the metallic sound of a sword being unsheathed. I felt it against my neck and someone said “What’s your name!”  I replied calmly “My name is Felix, I got a distress signal from your leader asking for help. I have been in this city for three and a half weeks now. I can not use elemental power and yes I am the only one.” The kid replied “How did you know what I was goanna say?” I replied “It’s what everyone asks first.” I turned around and said “So how bout you put that sword down before things get ugly.” I made my arm sword construct out of my right arm and he said “Fine” He put his sword back in his sheath and I contracted mine.
  I said “So what's our problem?” The kid replied “We sent out that message last month but sense then there has been 244 causalities.” I said “Wait, where are the others?” He replied “There downstairs” I said “bring me up here now, were goanna get you out.” He nodded and walked around the corner opened a door and disappeared. I waited for them to come back out and there were four girls and two guys. I said “Hello everyone nice to meet you my name is Felix… good introduction is over, now listen up.”
They stayed silent and I said “Can any of you use an element?” One of the girls raised her hand and I said “Okay what's your name and element?” She replied “Briana and I can control water” I said “Okay, I have an idea” The one who opened the door for me said “Okay lets here it then”
  I nodded and I used my ear piece to create a holographic map of the city. I said “Okay guys this is us here” I pointed to the blue dots. “And our enemies are all the red dots, now this city is covered in war beasts and nothing else right?” The kid nodded and I said “Okay, so the red dots are the war beasts. I have a portal set up over here.” I moved my hand to a white dot on the map.
I said “The demons can’t go through it but we can. It’s a couple blocks away there is just one problem.” The kid said “Which is?” I replied “They have it sealed off on all sides, 24 hour watch never ending.” The kid replied “Then what are you saying we do?” I said “If we can break through there middle line we can get to the portal. So here’s what will happen. I will make a diversion when I give you the signal, run to the portal, if I’m not through in 10 minutes shut it.”   The kid said “But I thought the demons can’t get through.” I said “They can if it was recently used by someone with noble blood in them see Briana here is of noble blood.” The kid nodded and I said “Good now lets get moving.” I opened the door and we all ran out.
  I told them to keep running in a straight line to the war beasts. I myself started running to flank them. I got to one of the higher buildings and looked down at the array of war beasts. I turned my head a little to the left and I saw the survivors. I took a grenade off my belt. I took out it’s pin and threw it down into the mob of War beasts. Then BOOM! there was chaos everywhere. I heard the kid yell “Go Go Go Go! Come on let’s move!”
I smiled I stepped back a couple feet then I started running forwards. I vaulted off the edge of the sky scraper and started free falling. I screamed and the war beasts turned to look up at me. I Heard one of there yelping growls then as I was about to hit the ground one of them jumped at me. I put myself in a horizontal position and pushed off its stomach. I hit the ground and did a back roll. I heard a splat sound as the War beast hit and died instantly. Many of the heads turned to look at me. I smiled and launched myself towards the portal. I heard the yelping sound behind me. Then I jumped and in a flash of light I was back to the farm where one of my safe houses is.
I yelled “Close the portal!” One of the kids hit the device and the portal started closing. Just as it closed a beast jumped out of it. This one looked different then the others. It still had four legs and red scaly skin but it had golden plating around its head and its forelegs. I looked directly into it’s black eyes and it bared it’s teeth at me.
It pounced forward up onto me. I put my right arm up and I heard someone yell “Look out!” It bit the long sleeved jacket around it then it realized no real damage was coming to my arm. It looked confused and let go. It yelped in confusion then I said ‘Wondering why that little bite of yours didn't’t work?” I threw off my jacket. The kids and the beast looked down at my arm and where there was supposed to be human flesh there was a prosthetic arm. I said “Auto-mail, one of a kind. I lost my right arm and left leg to a Phanlax couple years back. Made out of pure steel and modified with all sorts of weapons.” It started stepping back then I activated my arm sword. I launched forward and stabbed it right through the gold plating. It made a screeching sound then just stopped. I pulled the sword out and retracted it back into my arm. 
I turned and said to the kids “This is where we part way’s, there is a road about a mile north from here, go there and follow it. It’s about a two days walk away from the nearest town. The kid nodded and said “Thank you Felix” I turned and said “Get a move on kid…” He started walking and I said “Also your not fooling anyone with that act…” He replied “What do you mean” I said “Anyone smart knows you all have elemental power, that town will bring you to the school, good luck.” I heard him about to say “Wait what?” I smiled then I teleported myself to the top of a mountain.
  I said “So, good enough?” I heard a familiar coughing sound and a raspy voice say “Sol, you did well but you almost revealed your secret” I nodded and said “Yeah I know Gramps it won’t happen again.” He said “Good, I have a new mission for you. But this time no one must find out what you truly are.” I nodded and he said “Go to the Tower, become a student. A crippled someone who can’t use elements. Who got there because of there fighting prowess and other skills. When you come back at the end of this year I will have a new student you must teach and then the next year you will go back and you will become a second year student. Do you understand?” I nodded and said “Yes Gramps,” I started walking away and I heard him say “Oh one more thing. Again don’t let anyone find out what you are and say hi to your brother for me” I nodded and said “Okay Gramps” I smiled started running and jumped off the side of the mountain. I yelled “Wooohooooo!” I got ready to teleport and then I said to myself “A Dragon Slayer. That’s what they say I am. In reality… I am Sol…” I grinned then everything went black as I disappeared in a flash of light.

I walked up to the front desk and said “Felix Grace, new student.” The lady looked at me and said “Okay Felix, welcome to the Tower. Your first class is in 15 minutes, when you get there your teacher will explain everything.” I nodded. I grabbed the papers out of her hand and walked into the designated room I was supposed to be in.
  I was expecting something nice but instead the place was a mess with kids about my age everywhere. I took the sack I had off my back and placed it next to me as I sat down in one of the corners of the room. A little while later I heard a bell ring and a man that looked to be younger then me stepped into the room.
He said “Hello class, I am your teacher you may call me lieutenant General Grace. My eyes went wide as I saw him walk in. He turned to a girl younger next to him. He said “This is my assistant lieutenant Grace as well” The class stopped messing around and turned to listen. He said “I will be our squads teacher and your element teacher throughout this year. I will start off with role call then I will make squads based off of abilities.” I nodded and so did all the other kids. He started calling out names and what kids elements where.
He finally said “Felix Grace! Is there A Felix Grace! I stood up and said “Here Sir!” He got close to me and said “Cripple huh? Well I guess I will have to take that into account. You said your name was Felix correct?” I nodded and said “Yes lieutenant General Grace.” He was about to turn and I said “Or should I just call you Colter?”He looked at me with wide eyes then shrugged. He said louder then before “I don’t care how you know my first name kid. You think you have power over me!?! Thats actually kinda funny.” I said “If I do think I have power over you?” He replied “Then we can have an official match just you and me.” I said “Okay…” I heard a kid pipe up “Wait! Sir! I would like to see a full pledged and anointed Elementeler in battle!” The General laughed and pointed his thumb at me, he said “Against a cripple, don’t you think thats unfair!” He started laughing and so did the other students then I said “I accept” The General looked at me and said “What?” I said again “I except this request to fight against you General.”
He looked at me with sharp eyes and said “Very well, Class looks like you will get to see what a full fledged elementeler can do.” I heard kids saying “Yes!” Under there breath. I smiled and said “Shall we meet in the arena?” He said “No need” We disappeared in a flash of red light. We were suddenly standing inside two corners of a circle arena. A table appeared in front of me from the ground with weapons and other gadgets. I didn’t pick anything up. The general picked up a spear. The tables fell and he got ready to attack.
A voice said “Battle begins in 3, 2, 1, Go!” The General launched forward and stabbed at me. I dodged barely. I spun and did a spinning round house kick to the general, it hit and he went flying into the wall. He got up and launched at me again. I ducked and did an upper cut. I expected to hit but instead he was not there. I grinned and jumped up. I felt the spear fly under me, I landed and punched the general. I heard the clang of metal hitting metal. I looked at him and he was holding a sword. It was gold with gems around the hilt. I said “A scared weapon? Really?” The general did a small laugh then he slashed at me. I did a back hand spring to dodge. He said “So now that were done warming up, how bout we get started” I heard cheering in the stands and I rolled my eyes. He launched a blast of void light at me, I put my left hand out and it absorbed the attack. I said “You really think they would let just a cripple in to this school?” The general attacked again and I absorbed it once again. I felt the ground moving then, BOOM! A jagged stone came up and ripped off my left arms sleeve. I yelled “Hey thats my good arm!” The General looked at me strangely. He said “That arm… Those tattoos. What are you?” I smiled and said “You can see them?” I smiled jumped up onto of the rock and put my sleeve up a bit to cover the tattoos on my arm. I activated my arm sword and said “You said you want to start really fighting.” The General tightened his grip on the sword. I teleported behind him and slashed at his back. He parried my attack with his own sword and kicked me. I went flying back then he yelled “Fire Forezone!”  A little ball of Fire appeared around his hands and it started spinning. I launched forward and slashed the area around him with a sword. The fire stopped then it blew up in his hand. I said “The fire needs the wind around it moving around at the speed it was I was guessing it was a combustion attack, so if I changed the way the air particles around you moved. I would change how fast it would combust.” The general looked surprised and I said “So ready to call it quits?” He made a ball of void light and hit my stomach with  it. It hurt a bit but not enough to do real damage. I said “What was that supposed to do?” I tried stepping forward but nothing happened. The general said “That so how do you feel now?” I said “Well one thing, my arm hurts this sword is weighing it down. The General said “not my problem now ready to submit to me?” I said “Well I would say yes except you see, the fights not over yet.” I teleported above him and pointed my sword down. He heard it and dodged and my sword got stuck in the ground. I heard the General say “I win Grace” I rolled my eyes and he took the paralyzation attack off of me. I retracted my sword and he said “You did well for a cripple you almost had me a couple times, thank you for the examination Corporal Grace” I said “What?” He replied “The rules state you can not be a sergeant unless officially evaluated or have an element of some kind and you done neither.” I said “Okay?” He said “Just shut up and accept it, if you had one of those things I would make you a sergeant. What did you say your full name was again?” I said “Felix Denšora Grace” He nodded his head and said “Okay, as you can see we already have a couple Grace’s so your name will be Corporal Felix for now” I nodded. He teleported us and the class into a new room and said “So are you all happy?” They all nodded and he said “That was a rather close fight if some of you could tell, so based off of this evaluation he will be the 6th highest rank for the first years. He can not be top five because those belong to sergeants. Speaking of which…” He looked at us and said “Simone Gail,Castle Winstead, Maine, and Sain Colheart please step forward.” Three girls and two guys stood up. He said “These are your sergeants so listen to them there data has been updated to there ear pieces and so have yours. Sergeants you may leave all others stay back to get ranked and placed.” The sergeants left and he said “Okay Privates for Sergeant Sain, Grover, Sin, Cole, and stone. Corporal for Sergeant Sain is Cast. Privates for Sergeant Maine, Ulheart, Elric, Kubera, and the corporal will be Luca. For Sergeant Castle, There will be Kin, Sone, Dawn, and Roul The Corporal will be Lilly. And finally Sergeant Simone, The privates are Morgan, Locus, Ben, and Stella. Your Corporal is Felix.” We all nodded and he said “Good so your current test is unbeknownst to your captains. You have to find a way into there shared room and steal one weapon from each of them, the team who can do so gets 5000 CP (Combat Points) CP can be used to buy things at the Tower. If you do not do it within three days you all get to go on a 45 mile hike with no food and stay at the top for three weeks” I nodded and said “Team Simone to me!” The privates huddled around me and I said “Wait one more thing” I yelled out “Guys before we start can you listen to me really quick?” Everyone turned to me. I said “Before we start guys lets think, there room probably has security cams and based off of there abilities there the strongest ones here, this isn’t just a test of skill. it's a test of team work right?” Some kids nodded others didn’t. I said “So look at it this way, he said the team who can do it gets the points right?” They all nodded and I said “What if we make a temporary alliance creating one big team that way we all get the points! So Corporals what do you say? Want to give it a shot?” Cast Lilly and Luca said “We will try it, we win together we loose together.”  I nodded and said “So three days to get this done, thats enough time” Luca said “Okay look here” He brought up a map of the school then he clicked into the captains corders area. He tried clicking again except all that showed up was static. He said “Okay so for now we can only see the outside I will start working on hacking it now. Everyone else should distract the captains and find other ways in.” I nodded and Cast yelled “You heard the man now go!” I smiled and jumped up to one of the vents in the roof. I heard someone say “Jesus Christ how does he jump so high?” I rolled my eyes and kicked open the air vent. I crawled into the tiny space and was instantly surrounded by blackness. I started army crawling through and I called Luca. He answered and said “Corporal Felix what do you want?” I replied “I have an idea for how to get a weapon right off the batt, I need you to pin point my location now and tell me where to go.” He said “Okay I’m looking at you now, go straight then take a right.” I did as he asked then when I turned right he said “Now go forward about five feet there should be a cross roads. Take a left then move forward” I did as he told me to then he said “Okay take another left here then you should be right above them. I did as he asked and I looked down. The vent had bars so I could see through it. I ended the call then looked down. I saw the captains sitting down on the couch. I grabbed a speaker module from my pocket about the size of a pen and I let it down loosely but just enough so I could here what they said. I heard Castle ask “So Maine why are you here?” He replied “My family forced me here so Im stuck in it till the end.” I started pulling up the module and I put it in my pocket again. I put on my hood and my face mask so only the area round my eyes was showing. I heard someone nocking on the door. I saw Simone get up to go answer then seven kids barged in. I smiled and kicked open the vent. Everyone looked down as it fell and made a big clanging noise then they looked up. I hid my head so no one could see me then the captains said “Eh well fix it later” I smiled then dropped down. I called Luca again and he said “Im in now… Hold up someone called me private” I said “Hello?” He replied “Corporal your in the room now?” I said “Yea” He said “I got access to the security cameras, look to your left there should be a door labeled Maine. Go inside and grab one of his knives they should be next to his closet.” I ended the call again and went inside the door. I saw a knife grabbed it put it in one of my pockets turned around then I saw the door close. I heard someone say “I was wondering who it was when our vent got thrown to the ground.” I turned again and looked at Maine dead In the eyes. I said “When did you get in here?” He replied “As soon as I saw my door open I walked in. Ah you know the ability to control light is very helpful sometimes, you know but mostly invisibility.” I said “Okay well if you don’t mind I will be on my way out now” He launched forward and held me against the wall. He said “Who or what are you? An assassin?” I said “Agent Maine of project Xavier, you cant hide anything from me. Or him?” Maine said “What? Who?” Locus stepped out of the shadows and elbowed main in the head. He said “Long time no see Felix, you’ve gotten c***y.” I said “Eh its what time does to you.” He nodded then said “So you were stationed here to?” I nodded and he asked “Why?” I replied “To get a better hold on the Dragon Slaying stuff” He nodded and said "Same here for me” I said “So lets get out of here before this guy wakes up.” Locus smiled and said “But we only ave two weapons left” I replied “What do you mean?” He pulled out a knife and said “Snagged it off of Castle when I walked into help you.” I smiled and said “Well then you get Simone and I will get Sain” He nodded. I launched out of the room and dove behind the couch. I saw Simone room and I launched forward again. Into Sain’s room. I went in took out a knife placed it in my pocket ran out of the room and jumps dup into the vent. I started crawling back to the area in which the large room where most of the alliance was. I heard someone yelling “There is somebody here they took our rank knives!” I heard scrambles then I heard somebody jump up into the vent with a big crashing sound. I started moving faster then boom I fell through and landed right onto the training room floor. I heard the doors open, I turned to see Maine and Simone walk in. I heard someone landing softly next to me and I turned to see Locus with his hood on. Simone and Maine walked onto the training room floor. I heard the doors behind us open then Castle and Sain walked through. I called Luca and said “Requesting immediate back up they found out that we stole the knives! I repeat requesting immediate back up!”  The captains surrounded us and then Sain said “Who are you two?” I said “Just two people on a mission” Castle repeated "Who are you two!” I took off my hood then my face mask and said “This give you a hint?” Locus did as well then the captains got into a fighting stance Maine asked “So this is some sort of test? Then bring it!” He launched forward with his scythe, I dodged out of the way and kicked him. I heard someone say “Battle begins between Captains and Corporals, safe guards are set” I said “Locus back up is inbound we need to hold them off for at least ten minutes” He nodded and got into a fighting position. I activated my arm sword then launched forward myself, I slashed at Sain, he dodged then I heard a whistling sound behind my back. I turned saw an arrow then boom it stopped covered in ice. I looked at locus and nodded at him. He nodded back then I jumped up to dodge Castles Axe. I heard Someone behind me I did a role to avoid the sword Sain was holding then I did a sweep kick. He fell down then I tired to stab him. He created a portal and fell right through it. I rolled my eyes and parried Castles Axe, I heard Locus yell “Switch on my mark!” I nodded then he yelled “Mark” I replied “Sync” then he said again “Mark!” He jumped to my side and I jumped to his. I cut an arrow in half then spun to block the scythe. I retracted my arm sword then kicked Maine. I heard the whistling of another arrow coming at me. I did a back flip over Maine grabbed his scythe out and over his hands and held it to his neck. The arrow changed directions and went straight into Maine. Then he disappeared in a flash of red light. I heard the announcement call out “Sergeant Maine Eliminated” I heard the whistling of another arrow and I cut it through with the scythe. I hit the scythe to the ground creating a crevice in the earth. I smiled then threw the scythe at Simone, it hit her and pinned her against the wall. I heard the machine again “Sergeant Simone immobilized” I smiled and walked over to Locus, I activated my arm sword and blocked Castles attack. I jumped up then Locus threw a knife right through her. The voice went again “Sergeant Castle killed” She disappeared in a flash of red light. I turned to see Sain fighting with Locus, Sain stabbed and Locus dodged. I went to attack Sain then I felt my Arm sword retract. I looked up to see a camera but not just any camera, the kind Gramps uses. I launched forward and kicked Sain’s blade out of the way so it wouldn’t hit Locus. He turned to stab me with it and Locus punched him in the gut. I heard him couch then he stabbed at Locus. He scrambled out of the way of the sword. I stood up and he looked at me. He stabbed at me with his long sword. I smiled then looked at the way he was holding it. He was using one hand to stab. I side stepped took the part of the handle he wast holding onto spun around with the sword and stabbed him. I heard the voice say “All captains eliminated Corporal Felix and Private Locus win” I smiled and fell down.

I heard clapping sounds and saw everyone from the alliance and I heard Luca say “Good job guys!” I said “What happened to that back up!” He said "Come on you had to think of betrayal I mean rank wise Simone is the best so its only fitting her team mates are the best. I can’t believe that you didn’t think of us playing you.” I got up and said “What do you mean!” He replied “Give us the daggers and we wont kill you… is what I mean,” The rest of the alliance jumped onto the field. The privates from Simone's team huddled up behind Locus and I said “Draw your weapons, were not leaving without a fight.” I heard Luca yell “Leave no survivors the Sergeants are still being regenerated in there room we have five hours before there back up and running so, that is much more then enough time to do what we must do! Now charge!” I said to the privates “Leave no survivors, remember we wont die in this room we will just be regenerated in our quarters. Now keep a defensive line! All earth users create cover for us, ice users prepare cover fire long distance range, anything else attack!” I looked at Locus and he nodded. I launched forward and he launched backwards creating icicles and shooting them at the mob of at least 30 people. I punched one of the first people in the stomach then did a heel kick to his knee. I dodged a spear and jumped over a sword. I heard someone scream and they threw a tomahawk at me. I caught it by its handle turned around and slashed two people with it. I spun and threw it at another. I saw flashes of light around me everywhere, I saw Luca and started walking to him. I saw someone throw a spear at me. I saw it stop midair then fly into my hands. Locus gave me a thumbs up. I started walking again towards Luca. He pulled a sword off of his side then started running at me. I kept on walking then when he was within range I jumped up. I spun midair and threw the spear down. It was about to hit then I heard doors open and someone yelled “Thats enough!” The spear went into the other direction and I looked up to see General Grace. He boomed “2 hours! Thats all it took for you to take the daggers eliminate the sergeants and decimate almost this whole team. Simone’s team may leave, everyone else…” He spawned everyone back in. Then he said “Is going to get to have a talk.” I started walking out then he said “Wait! Leave the knives!” I dropped them and started walking again. I walked out side of the room and heard someone yell “Corporal Felix and Private Locus, what was that!” I turned to see Simone, she yelled “You betrayed me!” I said “Not quite, look at you CP,” She brought up the screen and it showed the new transaction added to her. I said “it was a test and we passed. Now your turn how are you awake you still have two hours before you fully regenerate.” She responded “I don’t know couple minutes ago I just woke up. No one else was so I suspect it has something to do with the screaming coming from in there. I heard the Generals voice boom and I said “Yep…” I started walking again and she said “Wait! Private Locus I’m promoting you to Lance Corporal! As for you Corporal Felix, Stay good at the game.” I nodded then walked to my quarters with Locus. We bumped in and Locus threw his stuff on the top bunk. I saw my stuff already on the bottom and I went into the restroom. I changed into gym shorts. I came out and saw Locus in gym shorts to, and with no shirt as well. I looked at his arm and he had the tattoo like me. He threw me some sort of sleeve that I put over my left arm covering the tattoos. He started staring at my right arm more intensely and said “Auto mail?” I nodded and he said “What happened to the real arm?” I replied “The Xabatican Uprising” He said “You were there too?” I nodded and he said “So tell me the story behind this new arm of yours.” I said “I went there on a rescue op, some of our soldiers were under attack by the Xabatican’s. When I got there there was only 30 out of the original 345. I got them out safely but on the way out there leader came with the rest of there troops. I used the transmutation circle surrounding the city which was the intended trap for the soldiers, it was a holocaust. It took all of my power to activate it and in equivalent exchange I lost my arm and leg, in return I was gifted this arm, the arm of an awakened dragon slayer. I got the Auto Mail arm to help me get through. After that I met you and you brought me to Gramps. From there he trained me more to the point where he can’t do it alone without me realizing the true potential or whatever it is of this arm. So I’m here with you now” Locus said “You were the one that ended one of the bloodiest wars in history, I should have know it was you when I found you and saw those tattoos I knew what you were and you were the same thing as me.” I nodded and said “Well were here now.” He nodded and someone said “So how come you can’t use your elements?” I turned to see Bridger standing in the corner of the room. I saluted her and she said “I remember you could use lightning brother so why can’t you use it anymore?” I said “So you knew?” She said “Of course I knew! Your the only one I know on this planet that has blonde hair and is as small as you!” I yelled “Hey who are you calling so small that they could see a grain of sand better then me!” She said “Thats not what I said, now why can’t you use your elements?” I said “The transmutation circle thought my arm and leg wasn't enough…” She replied “So then it took your elemental power?” I nodded and she said “But you got a gift from it… The blood of the Dragon slayers have been awakened in you, unlike colter and I. So now Brother I out rank you… and I will tell you what to do so you and your friend here, Locus correct?” He nodded and she said “You two are going to be going through extensive, hard, and strange training. Are you ready?” I nodded and so did Locus then she said “Good now put on the uniforms and meet me outside in ten minutes don’t be late.” I nodded and went to grab my uniform. It was White all white with black stripes going through and my left hand had a glove meant for pulling up ranks instead of using voice commands. It also had a hood, I looked at myself in the mirror. I have red eyes blonde hair and am 5’3. I walked outside with Locus to meet Bridger, she said “You two are going to be going in the arena fighting Simulation Demons all night, in the morning you will reconvene with your captains for team sparring, if you can beat all 5000 demons tonight then you may be able to sleep, if you don’t finish in time then you two are going to be doing this every other night till you get it. Now once you step in it will begin grab your weapons now.” Locus went and picked up a sword. I went and grabbed a spear, Bridger said “Good now have fun, don’t mess up” I walked into the arena with Locus. I heard the speaker say “Corporal Locus and Corporal Felix, versus 5000 midlevel through base level demons, good luck Corporals,” 30 demons spawned in around us. I hefted up my spear and launched forward. I stabbed at the first demon and screamed “You guys will not beat me! I will destroy you all and I will get my revenge!” I launched forward and went to bring down my spear.

Simone

I heard someone scream something from the arena. I said to Castle “Wait hold up, did you hear that?” She said “Hear what?” I said “Lets go to the arena” She rolled her eyes. I walked in and I saw my Corporals fighting against simulation demons. I clicked on a tablet connected to the wall and said “Whats going on?” It replied “Corporals Felix and Locus, Felix Assassin Class, Locus Spartan Class versus 5000 midlevel through base level demons” I said “What? Thats way to many! Stop the simulation!” I heard foot steps behind me then someone said “Keep it going Fillis” I turned to see lieutenant Grace and she said “Don’t stop it, I have put them on this training regimen.” I said “Why! Your hurting my soldiers!” She replied “Look Sergeant, I don’t know if you have noticed except these two have something different about them. They have met before and are somehow a perfect team, I mean just watch and listen to them.” I turned the speakers on and looked down at them. I heard Locus yell “Switch on my mark! Mark!” Felix yelled back “Sync!” Locus said again “Mark!” Felix jumped away from the demon attacking him and went to stab locus’s and locus slapped Felix’s. Felix yelled “Locus ice shield!” Locus created and ice shield in front of Felix as the demon attacked. Felix turned around and threw his spear at the demon coming to attack Locus from the side. He ran pulled out the spear did a misty mid air and threw his spear through the ice shield and in between two demons heads. It shattered on the third. I heard Grace say “Fillis how many enemy combatants left?” She replied “It has been two hours sense simulation start and there are 1342 Combatants left” She said “Next wave increase difficulty by 7” It blinked green. Locus slashed through the last demon then he said “Tired yet Felix?” He said “Nah man I can do this all day…” A bunch of yellow lights appeared and I heard Felix say “Ummm why were the lights different colors?” I heard locus say “Ahhh s*** biscuits” A  giant war beast came and attacked him from the side and a Wyvern came and attacked Felix. They both dodged then turned and attacked the beasts, a swarm of war beasts came in along with devildens (Devil Bats). I heard Felix yell “Locus!” He nodded then they both dropped to the ground. All the things around them exploded and then I said “Woah wait! What just happened?” lieutenant Grace replied “There very smart,” I said “What?” She replied “War beats are the lowest mid tier demon. They would usually be higher up but they have a weakness very few know about, and if its used correctly it can be devastating. The only downside is that only half of the war beasts have it. ” I said “I don’t quite understand, could you tell me this weakness?” She replied “Its heart is naturally super heated based off its fire type affinity, when its exposed to air it explodes. Felix activated his sword for an instant and cut out the heart then kicked it up in the air, he told Locus to get down suspecting that it was an explosive heart. He’s a gambler, reminds me of a old friend of mine.”, I said “And these two are on my team why? Shouldn’t they be way higher then us?” She replied “Yes usually except we were given very specific orders to not do so.” I nodded and she said “You two may go” We saluted and said “Yes Sir!” We walked out of the room and I said “Well now I know what were dealing with, somewhat…”

Felix,

I kicked the heart up in the air and yelled to Locus “Locus!” He looked up and dropped to the ground. All the bats exploded then the blood started dissolving causing a chain reaction of explosions in the war beasts hearts. Every single thing that spawned in blew up because of the already going chain reaction. I head lieutenant Grace say “End simulation, Locus Felix get to your quarters, you took out more then expected. Its 1:30 in the morning you have to be up and meeting with your commander at 6:30 sharp. Take that door and it will bring you directly to your room” She pointed to a door with blue light coming around it. I touched its door knob and I was in my room. Locus appeared next to me and I said “Well, this is new” He nodded and said “So, I am guessing tomorrows gonna be easier?” I nodded and said “Lets just hope,” I took off my clothes and replaced them with gym shorts and a t-shirt. I went to my bed and fell there inside the comforter. I closed my eyes and let sleep over take me.

I woke up to the sound of my sergeant yelling into my com “Come on cupcakes move it! First day I want you all front and center in the training room in ten minutes!” I looked at the time and it read 5:00. I rolled my eyes and put on my uniform. I jogged to the training room with Locus trailing behind me. I walked in and I heard my sergeant say “Corporals step in line!” I did as she asked then she said “I am your sergeant, I am a student just like you. I am willing to teach you just like others have done to me and I trust you will teach others what I teach you, you will be a well oiled machine. A unbreakable team, you will not loose. We will be the best, we will be the strongest the fastest and the smartest, we will win this war and we will be the squad to win it!We are the soldiers of Fire team 2217! We are an elite team, meant to save this world! We will win this long and bloody war! We are soldiers! Men! Women! Friends! Brothers! Sisters! And I know we cant say that about each other yet but one day we will! We are Fire team 2217! We will be the best! We will be the saviors to man kind! WE ARE SOLDIERS!” The whole squad started cheering, I saluted her and she nodded at me. I looked up and saw the General nodding his head. Simone said “You may call me Sin for short! For those who do not know what to call me!” We all nodded then she said “Okay everyone tell me your name and weapon of choice along with elements! Private Morgan!” A girl about my height stepped up, she had blonde hair blue eyes and looked physically like a twig. She said “Private Morgan, I use spears! I can use wind and fire!” Sin said “Good to have you private! Private Ben!” A boy much taller then me with black hair and green eyes, he said “Private Ben I prefer tomahawks over most weapons and I can use space and light!” She nodded and said “Good to have you Private! Stella!” A girl with hazel nut hair with blue eyes and was about my height said “Private Vanover! I use Swords a lot of the time, I can use all Solar elements!” Sin said again “Good to have you Vanover! Now Lance Corporal Locus!” My friend stepped up, A black haired boy that was much taller then me with a very muscular frame. He said “Corporal Locus! I can use all sub-Z elements! I stick to bows most of the time!” Sin nodded and said “Good to have you Corporal!” She turned to me and said “Now for our last one, Corporal Felix!” I said back “Corporal Felix! I do not posses any element, as for weapons I will use anything put into my hands but I prefer what I have on me!” She nodded and said “Good to have you Corporal!” I saluted her and she said “Good now we all know each other! Im putting us into groups to train for today! During break! After every Class! During Lunch! I want you training with your partner! So the first group, Morgan and me. Second Group, Locus and Ben, Third group Stella and Felix! Good luck soldiers, halfway trough the year I want you to know your partner inside and out!” I looked to Stella and she looked at me. She held out her hand and I shook it. She said “So, no elements?” I nodded and she said “I can work with that.” I said “Its not a handicap for us, it makes us under estimated. We are a team lets act like one.” She nodded and then I heard Sin yell “One last thing 2217! Answer this question by the time you get evaluated by me. Whats the difference between a blade, and your soul?” I nodded and so did everyone else. I said to Stella “Well I know this is gonna come out weird but the best way to find out what the other can do is to test each other right?” She nodded then I said “So lets fight, no restrictions, no limits, only thing that is set is the respawn.” She nodded then I hit a button next to me and we were in the arena. I heard the voice say “Begin Training Test!” I smiled. Stella pulled a sword off her back. She took it apart and she was holding two swords. I got into a fighting stance then she launched forwards. I jumped left and I only saw a blur in the place where I was standing just seconds ago. I heard behind me the sound of metal slashing air. I teleported to the right and saw the blade move across the area where I was. I heard the sound again and did a front hand spring to avoid it. I barely say the blade in front of my face as I rolled down to avoid it. I heard her say “Huh your keeping up? Thats unexpected… I guess I will just have to go faster!” I heard the flashing sound behind me. I jumped up then felt the force of a side kick hit me in the ribs. I hit the wall then Stella appeared in front of me. She stabbed down one of her swords, I put my hands up and made a perfect clapping motion barely catching the sword. I felt myself losing my grip. I teleported to the other end of the arena. She said “Now this is impressive, your still going after everything I have thrown at you.” She set her swords on fire then I heard her say “Welp now its my turn to show whose boss.” I looked at her swords then a cluster of concentrated light bounced off and hit my eyes.  It hit my eyes and it burned. She laughed and said “Don’t worry its only temporary, you should be blinded only for a couple hours.” I heard her foot steps as she was walking towards me. I felt her sword moving around in the wind. I heard her feet leave the ground then I jumped up and I heard the sound of metal hitting metal. I heard the blade moving again, I teleported to the right and up to dodge the blade once again. I hit the ground and rolled to the side, I heard the wind move once again above my head. I finally stopped moving and took a moment to think.  Felt the wind stop moving and the blades everything. I said “She’s fast, and strong. There’s. Not a lot I can do in this state. I can only hold this time stop for so long, as well. This is bad…” I said “Welp might as well, just give it my all.” I transferred all the power I had left into my speed unit. Time started forwards again then I launched forward. I listened to the sound of the blade once again. I ducked then did a palm strike to Stella. I activated my arm sword then launched at her. I heard the sound of flames and I put my sword to the right to deflect one blade. I heard the other coming at me and I ducked. I did a sweep kick, I felt my legs make contact then I heard her hit the ground. I pointed my arm sword at her then she said “Okay okay…” I heard something then she sweep kicked me and I was on the ground. She pointed her swords at me then said “So partner, think we have what it takes?” I heard the blades go into there sheath. I opened my eyes and I could see her. I said “I thought I would be blinded for longer then that.” She said “No, I bluffed there. I kept light reflecting off of my swords so it was always in your eyes.” I nodded and said “Smart.” She nodded and then said “So lets get to our first class” She held out her hand, I took it and got off the ground. I deactivated my arm sword and said “So whats our first class?” She activated the holo map on her glove and said “Wow, thats unexpected.” I said “What?” She replied “Sergeant Sin made it so every class we go to were together, for all the groups. Other captains did what she did too. So we should be paired with one team of two for every class,” I nodded and she said “Follow me were going to advanced weaponry, after that were going to element basics, then we have element training, then we have lunch then you and I have to practice together for at least an hour.” I nodded and said “Well lets get started”

I followed Stella into our first class room and then I heard the sound of a cannon. I sat down and looked up at our teachers desk. There was no one there then about fifteen minutes later an old man walked in. My eyes went wide as I realized who it was. Gramps, I looked up at him and he winked at me. I curled my fists into balls and he said “Welcome class you may call me Professor Cain, I am your advanced Weapons teacher.” He said “In this class there should be six of you, Felix and Vanover?” We both stood up and he nodded to us. Then he said “Grover and Cole?” Two boys stood up and he nodded to them then he said “And finally Elric and Kubera.” They stood up and he nodded to them. He said “Now that we all know each other we will start, so I understand that there is a cripple in here.” He looked directly at me, then he said “But that does not mean he will learn any differently. We are here to become soldiers not kids who will go crying to there parents overtime they are hurt. So were going to start off with weapons mostly used by the army.” He hit a button on a wall and said “Back in the golden age we had weapons known as guns, they were cannons that were hand sized and would shoot metal projectiles. We have found those ineffective to demons for some reason. But we have found that all Melee and bladed weapons do work, we have also found out how to infuse these weapons with elemental power though it is not done often mostly because you must give up one of your elements to do so. So there are a couple main weapon categories we have, Knives, Swords, Scythes, Spears, Staffs, and Bows. Every weapon we use here is tied into one or more of these categories in some way. Today we will be learning about the first category, Knives. Knives are usually small but they can be used in all sorts of situations. They can get you out of traps, they can be concealed easily, they are small and easy to use. A knife can be our best friend in a war, don’t underestimate it because of its size. For the next month or so I will be teaching you everything you need to know about Knives, were going to start off with close ranged combat, then were going to move on to throwing them.” He pulled out a knife for each of us. They were all one sided and they all had something etched into the silver blade. I took mine and on the blade it read ‘Felix Fireteam 2217’ in black. He handed me a sheath and gave others the sheath and blade as well. He said “This is officially you first military state weapon, use it wisely.” He then went and gave us all a wooden knife. He said “Now who thinks they know how to use a knife?” I was gonna raise my hand but I knew better then that with Gramps. He picked out one of the kids, Cole I think his name was. Gramps said “I want you to come and attack me with that wooden knife.” Cole charged and tried to do an overhand slashing motion. Gramps put his arm up hit his wrist put him in joint lock, flipped him around and Cole was on the ground with a knife to his throat. Gramps dropped the wooden knife and said “See what a knife has the ability to do, or even just getting one in your hands and you already have a dead opponent.” He helped Cole up and said “Go back to your seat.” Cole started walking and he said “So, a knife can and will save you when you need it most.” He started pacing and said “Felix come up here please” I did as he asked and he said “Today I want you guys practicing the move I just did, I will demonstrate it once more for you. This move is called a Hisagi don’t forget that either” I did an over head strike then he side stepped to the right put his left hand up hit my wrist, I felt my hand go limp for a second then he got to my side put both hands under my own with his thumbs on top of my own, then he got my arm behind me flipped me over and held the wooden knife to my throat. He said “By tomorrow I want this done perfectly, you have one hour to practice this in my class.” He went over to his desk and Stella stood up. She said “So ready to give it a shot?” I nodded then she did an over head strike. I side stepped put my hands up hit her wrist got, got her into the joint lock then turned threw her on the ground and held the knife to the back of her throat. She did the same to me and as we went on we started to get faster then by the time the cannon boomed again I felt like we had it down pretty well. I walked out the door and I heard Gramps say “Also Felix, you didn’t do what I asked you to do, now I have to go say hi in person” I kept on walking and waved to him. I stepped out of the room and followed Stella to our basic elements class. We walked in and I heard someone say “You must be Corporal Felix and Private Stella, I am your teacher for basic elements my name is Donna and I am so exited to meet you.” I was looking at a lady who looked only to be 19 years old, she was very cheery and she was still shaking our hands. She said “I know I know I look very young and I am, I’m 18 years old, youngest element user to graduate from this school. So I’m teaching you guys now!” I said “Okay?” Stella whispered to me “How did she say all that without breathing?” I shrugged and sat down. Stella followed suit and Donna started off with “So I’m aware that one of us doesn’t have the ability to control the elements but it is still important to know so you can play to the strengths and weaknesses of your teammates and enemies.” She glanced at me then said “But today we will just be learning the main elements and there uses. So there are eight basic elements and fifteen advanced elements, from my understatement of you guys you all posses at least one advanced element. So the eight basic elements first. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, Dark, Steel, Plant Life. The advanced elements are ‘Solar Possession, Earth Possession, Wind Possession, Water Possession, Divine Light, Unholy Darkness, Mind, Void, Space, Ice, Lightning, and Ace. Now which two elements have been proven the strongest?” Stella said “Mind and Ace” Donna said “Very good Stella,” She turned to me and said “Can your team mate tell me there properties?” I said “Ace is the ability to have some sort of random power such as super speed, there spawn rate has been decreasing for the last 200 years. And the mind element, Mind Allows for telepathy at its lowest level, telekineses at its mid tier level, and Teleportation at its high tier level.” Donna nodded and said “Very good Felix, I would like to know something though, not one has been born in 500 years and word around the block is that you can teleport, it looked like it in the fight against the general.” I replied “If your saying I have the ability to use the mind element then your wrong, It’s just something I found out I could do a couple years back. Plus if I was able to use the mind element then I would be able to read your thoughts and move stuff with a thought alone so, no I do not have the ability to use the mind element.” Donna finally nodded then she stated asking us questions about element again to see what we knew. Finally the cannon sounded again and I walked out of the class room, I said to Stella “Good luck in element control” She said “Are you not coming?” I replied “No I am I’m just not gonna be allowed to do anything most likely.” She nodded and we walked into the training room for element control. It was huge with targets set up on one side of the room with a simulation battle arena on the other with a little podium in the middle surrounded by chairs. The cannon sounded again and we sat down. In this class there was just four of us, I looked to the left and it was Locus and Ben. They nodded to us and we nodded back. We looked up to the teacher and he said “Hello students, I am your teacher for Element Control I would do introductions but we all know each other here, my name is Scar thats all you need to know.” We all nodded and he said “Good.” He turned to me and said “Corporal Felix, I heard you can’t use elements.” I nodded and he said “But I also heard you had the ability to teleport” I nodded again and he said “While these guys are practicing there elements once I get them started I want you to show me everything you can do with teleportation.” I nodded then he went on talking to them then finally they stood up and started firing there elements at the targets. He walked to me and said “Okay kid tell me everything” I said “You already know Scar, or should I say Lance Corporal Fell?” He said “Your the kid that saved my squad aren’t you?” I nodded and he said “Your arm?” I put up both sleeves and he saw the tattoo and metal arm. He nodded and said “So how did you learn to teleport?” I said “After the transmutation circle I started falling asleep and waking up in different places, no one could find out what was wrong with me and I couldn’t control it. So I found someone who could and he taught me everything I needed to know about teleportation, I found out how to control it except if I want it to stay controlled I need to keep it short distance, about 18 feet is the max I can control it at.” He nodded and said “The arm gives you this?” I said “Im pretty sure it does, but at the very least it has kept me alive.” He nodded and said “So you my friend are going to be practicing control.” I said “What do you mean?” He replied “Meditation, mostly that, by the end of this quarter you will be able to read someones emotions at the very least.” I replied “So you think I have the ability to use the mind element?” He nodded and said “Now sit, I will have Stella head out when she needs to, but you are going to stay in here till very late tonight, prove to me your worth of this school.” I rolled my eyes went into the corner and sat down. I closed my eyes and relaxed, I cleared my mind and I let my emotions move through me, in and out, in and out. Thats all they would do, move in and out. I heard the sound of the cannon and I stayed sitting, I heard kids walking out and the rhythmic humming of different elements hitting there marks. I kept my eyes closed and then boom, I heard the sound of the cannon again and a voice said “All students head to there dorms, Curfew in ten minutes.” I got up and looked around expecting to see Scar but he was gone, next to his podium was a note, it was addressed to me so I took it and opened it. It read ‘Tomorrow is a open day for you, practice with your partner for half, other half come here and mediate’ I threw it in the trash can and nodded to myself, I started walking away and went into my dorm room. I turned to see Locus say “Hey, took you long enough.” I nodded and said “Yea, element control is gonna be a really really long year for me.” He said “He thinks you can use the mind ability doesn’t he?” I nodded and he said “Well you might,” I rolled my eyes then I heard something, a voice. I hissed “Shut up” His eyes got big and he said “Whoah don’t get hostile towards me” I whispered “Someone else is in here” He didn't say anything but he nodded. I heard it again, a voice it kept on saying the words help me then thank you then help me. I turned around and it stopped, I said “Whatever false alarm…” Locus “You heard something didn’t you?” I nodded and he said “Where was it coming from?” I said “It sounded like it was coming from me,” Locus said “Probably was, you know the key ingredient that activated the transmutation circle and awakened our Dragon Slayer blood?” I said “No,” He replied “Human and demon lives, it takes life force energy stores up all there souls and now we contain them all.” I nodded and said “So your saying that we have more then one soul?” He nodded his head and I said “Let me think about that tomorrow I’m going to get some rest now.” Locus nodded and I climbed into my bed.High School is hard… I guess


I stepped out onto the arena with Stella and she said “So you ready to start practicing?” I nodded and she said “Okay let’s do this, I went out of my way and found us something to do.” She held out a file and I said “What is it?” She replied “Its a rescue mission, we can get it done before we have to go to element control so we should try it. Plus it’s 15,000 personal combat points that we get if we complete it.” I said “Do we have Sin’s authority?” She replied “i haven’t asked her yet but you as a corporal have the ability to set us two off on the mission anyway.”
I nodded and said “Okay lets do it, I don’t have a problem with that” She nodded and I set it up. She hit a button and were standing in a city, she said “So this city was recently attacked by demons and we got a distress call from the survivors. We need to get out there and help them now.” I nodded and said “I have the coordinates in my HUD do you?” She nodded and I said “Okay here’s the plan, this cities teleporter can bring us anywhere we need it two so if we can get them to the teleporter then where in the clear,” Stella nodded then I said “So here’s what were gonna do, Im going to get to a vantage point and cover you guys while you get them to the teleporter if things go sideways I want you to pull back immediately.” She nodded and said “On it!” She started running towards the given coordinates and I hit a button on my glove, A bow appeared in my hands and a quiver on my back. I said “Well that was fast,” I heard someone say “You think I would let you leave this campus without back up?” I heard Locus’s voice on the other side. I said “Thanks Locus,” I heard some shifting and he ended the call. I teleported onto of a house then started teleporting to others till I got to a very tall business building just above the teleporter area. Just like last time this city was attacked by war beasts. I notched an arrow into the bow and I looked down to Stella, she waved at me and I saw a group of at least thirty behind her. I calculated about eighty war beats and I turned to them. I saw one of them with the golden skin instead of the black and red. I pulled back my bow moved it a bit and let my arrow fly. It hit its mark and I heard the screeching sound as it died. Every War beast turned to look at me and I said “Can I join the party mates?” I jumped off the side of the building notched five arrows and shot them at the same time. It hit five of the beasts then I took one more and shot down wards, it hit the ground then it exploded. I hit a war beasts heart and it killed about five of them. I got closer to the ground then last second I teleported upwards a bit so it was a much smaller drop. I landed then started firing away, any beast that got to close to me would get stabbed by my sword. I smiled as I kicked one and I heard Stella yelling “Go Go Go! Move it people!” I saw one of them break the inner circle and I tried activated my arm sword, it wouldn’t come out. I looked down and the part of my arm where my sword came out was rusted and covered with blood. I jumped up and two the side and tried teleporting, it didn’t work. I said “God damnit, why now of all times you fail on me!” I rolled down took an arrow and shot it straight between its eyes. I felt in my quiver for a arrow and there was only one left. I took it out and pulled back the string, I saw the leader of the all cry out its horrible yelping sound. It was green, adamant green with who knows how strong his armor was. It was buzzing it’s back fins and I realized what it was doing, “Power distortion, thats why I cant teleport,” I pulled back my arrow jumped up and shot. It flew straight towards it then, just like that I teleported into the air as the arrows entered the brain through its eye. I landed back down and suddenly a war beast tackled me. I put my arm up with the bow and it started chewing on that. It puts its claw down to try to stomp on my face and I dodged it. It did it again then I heard a yelping sound and it died on top of me. I felt someone push it off then Stella was there saying “Come on you couldn’t defend your self from that?” I didn’t say anything and I finally took in her features, She had hazel nut hair, green eyes, was a little bit taller then me and she was hot. I said “Yea thank you,” She responded “What type of response is that?” I didn’t reply then I said “Lets just get our asses through that portal.” She nodded as she launched forwards, she pushed herself through the portal and I got up. I teleported in front of the portal and threw myself out of it. Stella nodded to me then she closed it. She went over to the people and told them directions then she came to me and handed me a teleportation cube. I threw it at the ground and thought of the training room at our school. Stella and I appeared in the training room then I heard a clapping sound. I turned to see Bridger, she said “Congratulations you two, you almost got yourself killed on a small scale rescue mission.” I stayed silent as she scolded us. Finally afterwards it was only 11:30 so Stella and I still had an hour left to go before lunch then free training. She turned to me as Bridger walked away and pushed me. I said “What was that for?” She yelled at me “You idiot! You almost got yourself killed!” I said “And?” She replied “When you die you leave a hole in the hearts of those who knew you, Felix if you died that would have hurt me as your partner both emotionally and physically!” I said calmly “But I will not die, not until I kill him.” She said “Who? Kill who?” I shook my head and said “Whatever lets just get started,” She slapped me across the face and said “Stop! Stop doing that!” I said “What! Stop doing what!” She said to me “Acting like you aren’t afraid of anything being all high and mighty!” I yelled back “I am afraid Stella! I am afraid of my power! I am afraid of the demons! I am afraid of humans! I just choose not to show it and live like every day is my last! I will live before I die!” She stopped and I started walking away, I said “Thats enough for us today go get some rest…” I walked off the arena and went to my dorm room. I walked in and I herd someone say “Guessing off of what happened your not going to be coming to class today?” I shook my head and Scar said “Very well just mediate here, though this time think of something that drives you. Oh and for the record, Mind users know how to do a lot more then just read minds and teleport” I rolled my eyes and said “Okay,” He left my room and I went to my dorms bathroom. I took off my shirt then removed my metal arm from its metal base in my arm. I turned on the shower and put it there for about ten minutes. I then took it out when all the blood was out and I oiled it. I made sure the sword worked and that every gear was still turning and working then I loosely put it in the base. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes then I shoved it in. It was always the part I hated about cleaning it, whenever I did I had to reconnect it to all the nerves in my body and that hurt. I shoved it in and I made a slight whimpering noise. I heard a knock on the door and then I heard Stella’s voice, “May I come in?” I got up and opened up the door, she looked away and said “Your shirtless…” I replied “And?” She rolled her eyes and walked into my room, I got my jacket on and said “So what do you want?” She replied “Im sorry, for what I said earlier,” I said back “It’s fine, we were both a little heated at the moment.” She nodded and said “So can I make it up to you?” I replied “How?” She said “As Im sure you remember orientation, the general said there is a school dance that is mandatory for us too go to. I was wondering if you would like to go with me?” I said “There was a dance?” She said “You were listening right?” I put my hand on the back of my head and said “Yea, um totally listening. Sure I’ll go with you” Her face lit up then she said “Yay!” I said “So when is it again?” She replied “Tomorrow night… You weren’t listening were you?”  I smiled nervously and said “Details details, who cares?” She rolled her eyes then said “So what are you going to do now?” I replied “Focus, meditate really.” She said “Mind if I join you?” I replied “It’s not really something you ask you can join me if you want,”  She nodded and said “Don’t mind if I do” I plopped down on the floor and said “Okay you do you,” She sat down next to me. I closed my eyes and cleared my head of everything around me, then I heard something. Another voice, it said “Is this really how he trains?” I heard it again and it said “Well it’s how he is so good.” Then another voice came “He is super focused, what is he thinking about? Is he thinking of me? No, no those are stupid thoughts” I heard a clapping sound.  I got up turned around and saw Scar, I said “What are you doing here?” He replied “It took you two days and you can already read a person out going thoughts, your a quick learner.” I said “What do you mean outgoing thoughts?” He replied “So how mind users once described it there are different types of thoughts that one can here, Outgoing is the easiest because it’s what is being said in there head at the moment, Ingoing is when they are remembering something and you gain access to that memory, Incoming is when you can send your own thoughts too others, and finally there is trapped thoughts, thoughts or memories of secrets or a past one person doesn’t want anyone to figure out about.” I nodded and he said “So were changing your goal, not emotions but by the end of the quarter I’m expecting Ingoing reading.” I nodded and he said “Good,” I nodded once more and he said “Now you two, Stella go to your quarters tomorrow I believe is a fighting tournament before the dance,” Stella nodded and then Scar said “Felix come with me,” We walked out of the room and he brought me to his own class room. He said “So, Sol.” I nodded and he said “This is a gift from your Grandpa and I,” He handed me a tuxedo and he said “We know you didn't have one and you needed one.” He put it in a teleporter and sent it to my room, I said “Thank you,” I heard Gramps behind me “Don’t thank us, I want you to win tomorrow with that partner of yours” I nodded and said “I will do my best,” He said “Good, there is one more gift I wish to give you,” He handed me a white piece of metal that looked amazing. It had lines engraved into it in to some sort of circle, I looked closer and saw it was a transmutation circle, I said “What does it do?” Gramps replied “It should largely increase telepathy abilities assuming you have them,” He took the piece of metal out of my hand and place it onto my arm, It did nothing then it started melting, it went into the cracks of my arm and filled in all the metal spaces that weren't supposed to be there. I said “Thanks Gramps I will do my best, and thank you as well scar.” I started walking out the room then Scar said something to Gramps that I couldn't quite make out. I went to my room and fell asleep.


Scar

“You didn’t tell him the other thing it does?” Cain replied “Eh he will find out,”
Strength of Mind is the Strength of the Sword,


I got into my suit and I heard someone knocking on my door, I said “Come in,” Stella walked into my room with her all black suit on and she said “I see you got a new one,” I nodded. Mine was a white hoodie with short sleeves and white pans that looked like jeans but were much more flexible. I looked at her and said “So did you,” She was wearing an all black suit just like mine except she didn’t have a hood, instead she had a face mask that would cover her nose and down. She nodded and I said “Well you ready to win?” She nodded and said “So here is what we will do, I will try to handle all people with elements that could pose a threat to us while you defend and attack from close rage,” I nodded and she said “Also Felix, don’t mess this up for me please. It is the beginning of the year combat test meaning all of us with family members are going to have those family members show up.” I nodded and she said “Okay you ready,” She held out her hand and I shook it. I said “Yea I am,” We walked out to the arena and we stepped in, and lieutenant General Grace yelled “Final one’s are here, we are ready to begin combat trials” She yelled out, “Stella and Felix are going first against Maine and Kubera! Everyone else to the stands!” People filed out of the arena until it was just us four on the arenas concrete. I heard Stella pull a sword off her back, Maine took out his Scythe and Kubera pulled out a double sided spear. I looked up to see more people then usual. Some were students I haven't seen before, they were probably second through fourth years. I heard lieutenant General Grace yell out “Fight begins in 3! 2!” I took a deep breath and I got into a fighting stance, “1! Go!” Maine launched forward and sliced at me. A wall of concrete appeared behind me and I hit it hard when I dodged back. I heard the slicing sound of his scythe coming once more and I rolled down and under it. He smiled and said “You are going to be in a world of pain for making fun of us back there, and now that you don’t the person that actually did stuff, your screwed.” He started laughing then he it the floor with his foot. I went up onto a pillar and so did he, there was 18 pillars around us and we were high up. He launched forward and I jumped to one of the pillars, he then smiled and jumped off, a slide of ice came to meet him then he landed down there. He waved to me then hit the ground with his foot again. The pillars started collapsing and I was falling, I felt myself doing a free fall and last second I teleported behind Stella. I heard Maine say “I forgot you could do that, but there is one thing I have noticed about you, instead of playing it safe and teleporting when your still high up, you always do it last second if your falling, Meaning your either a show off, or you can’t teleport that far. And I am going to go out on a limb here and say that it’s the second one.” I gritted my teeth and he said “Oh right on the spot wasn’t I?” I said “Stella switch I  am going to take out that girl,” She nodded then we both turned around and I launched towards spear lady, She stabbed at me and I dodged. I did a front hand spring and hammer kicked her head down. She flipped over and absorbed the blow, she took her spear and stabbed up at me, I side stepped to dodge it and she jumped up. She spun it and hit my side with the bar part of her spear. It centime flying into the side of the wall, Everything went black and blurry for a couple seconds then I got up, I activated my arm sword and said “Big mistake… Big Mistake…” I launched forward and slashed at her. She stabbed back and tried to block my next attack with her spear, the spear got cut right in half then I teleported behind her and stabbed her in the back. She disappeared in a flash of red light then I turned to see Maine blocking Stella’s attacks with ice and earth walls. I yelled without even thinking “Stella watch your left side!” Maine looked surprised as Stella dodged left, I heard “How did he know I was going to do that!?!” I walked over to Stella then she started running towards Maine, I yelled “Stella move left!” A barrage of icicles attacked where she was, then I yelled “Jump up and throw a fire ball down!” She did as I asked as the earth under her retracted. The fire ball hit Maine and he said “How do you know what I am going to do!” I smiled and teleported behind him. I said “The problem was that you were too open,” I stabbed my sword through him and he disappeared. Stella said “That was just cold,” I shrugged and said “it was worth it though,” She just shook her head smiling and said “Well off two the stands,” I nodded and we climbed up there and we found two seats. Two people I haven’t seen before came up two us. One of them the guy said “Lance Corporal Case, Second year” He held out his hand and I shook it, I said “Corporal Felix, First year” He said “I saw you guys fight out there and you two make a pretty good team, so much so that if you keep it up…” His friend told him “Hey there not supposed to know yet, ask them after” He nodded and said “Actually you will find out later, just remember once you find out come find me.” I nodded and gave them a strange look.


About twelve fights later Stella and I were in the semi finals against two third years, we were the last first years in the fight to many’s surprise. The third years were both girls and they both pulled out a sword and shield. Stella said “Lets try to keep winning, we can go farther and these shield users could never beat us. I heard lieutenant General Grace yell “Semi Final Mods are, No basic element use! Ready begin!” Stella said “What does she mean!” One of the shield users came up to her and stabbed her and she disappeared. I just slumped my head and said “That is just rigged.” The girl turned to me and tried stabbing me, I parried then attacked back. Her shield started turning purple then a ball appeared and shot me, I got launched towards the wall and I teleported upwards so I didn’t hit it. One of the girls jumped over me and hit me down with her shield. Just before I hit the ground I teleported to the side to dodge.

Scar

“Wow, he is actually good” Cain said “I did not expect him to come this far, especially against these twins.” I nodded and said “Same abilities that they can share and a telepathic link, there almost unbeatable” Cain nodded and said “But my grand son really is something else,” I nodded and said “He has the blood of those that had the ability to slay some of the strongest beings.” Cain nodded once more and I looked down to see Sol teleport just before hitting the ground. I smiled and said “You ready to activate it?” Cain nodded and he Activated the transmutation circle.

Sol

I moved back wards to avoid another sword hit and I rolled under and tried stabbing one of the girls. She put her shield over her back and my sword hit that. I stepped back a couple steps then I felt it. Something new, something different. I heard every thought, felt every movement, knew everything about there attack patterns then it all stopped and I already knew everything I needed to know. I grinned and deactivated my arm sword. The girls looked at each other strangely then I launched forward. I punched one of the shield with my right arm and it cracked into a couple pieces. I then did a side ways 360 caught the girl with the shields neck. I spun hit the ground and I heard a cracking sound as she disappeared in a flash of red light. I picked up her sword and turned to the other. I said “You borrowed off of each others powers and looked through each others eyes, if I took out the one that held the better connection it would be easier to take out the other.” Her eyes went wide then I launched forward. I whispered in here ear, “Thought you had me, I was always one step ahead…” I ringed her neck and she fell down into a flash of red light. I heard cheers and screams and the announcer was screaming “One of the biggest upsets in Tower history, Felix Grace just single handedly defeated the Twins of Death!” More started cheering and I put my hands up. I picked up both swords and sent each twin a message “Can I borrow your swords?” Each one responded back immediately “You defeated us so the only thing we can do now is help you win, go get them Felix.” I nodded and both sheaths appeared on my back. I reposted back “Thanks,” There wasn’t another message from either of them afterwards. I went up to the stands to meet with Stella but she wasn’t there, lieutenant General Grace yelled “Final round now active!” I got teleported back into the arena and I yelled “Seriously!” lieutenant General Grace winked at me then I looked around for Stella, she wasn’t there. lieutenant General Grace yelled out “Corporal Felix against Kernel Sarge and Corporal Ishtar. Only modifier set in place is if your opponent died in the last round they do not move onto this one. Ready begin!” I took both swords off my back and said “Life is very much rigged” One of them came at me with a huge long sword. I blocked it with my left sword and the other sword I blocked the Girls Axe. I rolled down and both of there weapons hit the ground. I saw a blue burst of something and I teleported just in time to see a lightning bolt go through where I was. I felt the ground moving under me and I jumped to the side as a spear of metal shot out. I heard the boy say “You aren’t a cripple I can tell that much, we just have to make you start trying” I dodged his attack. I felt the axe move behind me and I did a midair misty and appeared behind the axe user. I tried doing my signature stab in the back but they blocked it. I teleported in front of her as I saw her teammates longsword protrude though her. I smiled and she dissipated in a flash of red light. The Kernel said “Whoops, now it’s just you and me… Are you ready?” His body started crackling with electricity and void light appeared in his hands. His feet lightly touched off the ground until he was at least five feet in the air. I said “Well s*** biscuits” Bolts of lightning went flying in all directions and I threw myself across the room. A void blast went off right behind me and I felt the heat of the explosion on my back. I saw another void attack coming at me and I dodged out of the way. I dodged another then a bolt of lightning struck me and hit the arenas side. He said “Huh, I thought you were special,” My vision started blurring and he said “But in reality, you are just a man who can’t save any of the people around him,” My eyes got wide then I blacked out.

Two years ago,

I shot forwards towards the transmutation circle. I launched a blast of lightning at a demigall running at me. I told the soldier next to me “Get everyone out of the city now!” He nodded and started talking into his radio. I heard the sound of elementalers shooting and killing the endless wave of demons. I kept on running until I got to the transmutation circle. I looked up and I felt the portal open. I put my hands to the ground and started activating the transmutation circle. I heard the slow clicking sound as it started to activate. I infused my tomahawk with lighting energy and threw it behind me. It went straight through a demons skull and kept flying till it hit a wall. I heard in my radio “Every Elementeler has been evacuated along with every human.” Another voice yelled “Who gave you that order!” The radio cut out and I looked up. There was a man, he was tall muscular and had blonde hair. His eyes were red as well. He said “I thought you actually could have done something, But in reality, you are just a man who can’t save any of the people around him.” He put out his hand and I screamed.


Present Day

I pulled myself out of the arena wall and spat on the ground. The kernel looked at me and said “You still have some fight left in you? Thats new” I deactivated my arm sword and just stared at him.


Scar

“This is what you wanted isn’t it Cain?” He nodded and said “If this doesn’t unleash his power I don’t know what will,”

Sol
I felt my body stirring, moving feeling for something that doesn’t there. Then it grabbed it and pulled it back. I saw something glowing and looked down and it was my left arm. I walked forwards and saw the kernel shoot a bolt of lighting at me. I put my arm up and it absorbed it. I kept on walking forward and teleported to dodge all of his attacks. His face grew one of sheer terror and I said “The problem with all the people with elements, is the fact that think we are so much better then everyone else.” He looked at me and I said “Sorry you were right there was something different about me that I didn’t even realize till just now.” I kept walking forward and he took a step back then fell. I said “I don’t have the mind ability like so many think I do, I have a different one entirely. I can absorb energy attacks and store them for later” He looked at me strangely and I held him by his neck. I put up my right arm then activated my arm sword then quickly deactivated it. It went straight through him and I said “Thats why you actually should try in these tournaments.” I walked out of the arena doors to see Stella waiting for me. She said “What was that!” I replied “I don’t even know myself, I am just really really,” I couldn’t finish the last word of my sentence as I fell down and everything went black. 

I woke up in a couch with Stella next to me. I said “Why are you in my room?” She replied “Our room, When you won the tournament you got our whole team 15,000 personal combat points. And 50,000 Team combat points, each. Simone bought our team one giant center hub so now the teams of two share a hub, we have a hot tub and a armory.” I nodded and said “So now we have a really nice base?” She nodded and said “but our captain doesn’t even live in it. But you and I now share a room.” I nodded and looked at her again and she was wearing a nice dress, it was black with a red band around her waist and she was wearing a neckless. I said “Wait what time is it?” She looked down at herself and said “Oh yeah, you have about thirty minutes if you want to meet me at the dance.” I said “Okay I’m on it!” She stepped out of the room and said “I will leave you to yourself now.” I nodded and changed into the tuxedo. I walked out and saw a note saying “Meet me at the dance, you took too long” I rolled my eyes and said “Women…” Locus stepped out of his room and said “You really re something you know that bro?” I said “I don’t even know what I did so lets leave congratulations for later.” He rolled his eyes and said “Well see you at the dance,” He walked out the door and I turned to grab one more thing. I took the pocket watch that I remember my dad always had and put it in my pocket. I walked out and went to the forum where the dance was to be held. I heard someone running up behind me and I turned to see the kernel from before. He said “Your Felix right?” I nodded and he said “You were pretty good out there, I have never seen something like you before.” I said “Thank you?” He just shook his head and said “Also don’t worry I wont let anyone know about the energy absorption thing,” I said “Oh yea… Thank you Kernel” He shook his head and held out his hand, he said “Call me Charon” I nodded and he started walking towards the forum and said “See ya later Felix.” I nodded and started walking to the forum as well. I saw Stella talking with some girls that I haven’t seen before and she motioned her hand to me. She said “This is my friend Felix,” The girls said “Hey!” I said Hi back. Stella looked at me then to them and she said “Would you excuse us please.” The girls nodded and waved good bye then Stella and I walked into the forum. She said “You good?” I nodded and said “Yeah Im just kinda tired from before.” She nodded and said “We can go if you want” I said “No its not that bad.” A song started playing and I said “May I have this dance?” She said back “You may,” I put my hands in hers then we danced to the music. About an hour later we sat down and the General walked in. He said “Hello students of all years. How did you like the placement tournament?” Everyone started cheering and The General said “Good so did I, but now we have the surprise. All first years please come up too the stage.” We all filed onto the stage and he said “So first years, every year after the combat tournament we have the fourth years pick you and add you into there team. So were going to start off with the Privates!” It went on like this until finally it got to Me and the Captains. Locus got picked onto the Kernels team and I couldn’t figure out where Stella went. All the captains were picked then finally the General said “And now for the number twelfth rank in this school, Felix Grace!” Nobodies hand went up then he said “Oh yeah I forgot,” He leaned into me and he said “Yeah Felix Im sorry to say this but earlier when every saw you, well lets just say we still have janitors cleaning up all the piss on the bleachers.” I looked at him and said “What?” He replied “You are a scary person,” I gave him a weird look and he said “Well someone has to take him!” Everyone looked around then I heard him say “if no one takes him then he is out of the school, come on seriously guys!” I looked at the general and yelled “What!” He gave me a shrug and said “There is nothing we can do about it. Any takers! Final chance!” No one stood up and he said “Start packing up buddy.” I said “What the hell! Are you serious!” He just said “I will see you on the battle field Felix.” I teleported out of the room and walked into my new room. My stuff was already on the floor packed and I changed into my suit. I said “That was so stupid and fast paced, I was so good!” I walked out of the room and went to the front doors of the school. I stepped out and I heard Gramps behind me, “Sol, get better I am going to continue teaching here.” I said “Two months of classes and I get kicked out Gramps, I will see you later.” I left the school premise and I heard “Shows over kids, time to head back to the dance.” I kept walking forward and I said to myself “At least I know what Im doing now” 

Two Months Later,

I walked into one of the five military schools in the country and I said to the person at the front desk “Hello, My nam is Sol Grace. I am new here, I was wondering where I should go.” She replied “It says you haven’t been tested yet, and you have the mind ability?” I nodded and she said “Before we go get you tested is there anything else we should know?” I replied “Yes, I can absorb energy and store it for later use,” She nodded and said “Step into that tube,” I did as she asked then I got teleported into an arena, I heard someones voice say “Any students who want to watch a ranking match come to arena three! The match will be starting in five minutes!” A person walked out to the arena, He was wide and exposed lots of bare skin and muscles. He had black hair and green eyes with tank skin. He said “I am Brigadier General Lance, Corpora Sol I am correct?” I nodded and he said “You lost at Lander cause no one  wanted you on there team?” I nodded again and he said “Okay Sol, well welcome to Sunlass Emilitary school.” I said “nice to be here,” He nodded and said “Off to testing, it is going to begin now.” I said “What am I going against?” He replied “I have heard you have extensive experience with war beasts.” I nodded and he said “50 War beast captains, 25 commanders, 15 legionaries, and 5 Demibeasts” I said “So it should be easy,” He gave me a strange look and I heard “Battle beginning in 3, 2, 1, GO!” I heard cheering from up in the stands and looked up to see tons of people in white, grey, and black suits.” The captains spawned first with there golden armor. They attacked me from all directions and I jumped up. I teleported onto of one and stabbed it. I heard the growling sound and I jumped up and sent a telekinetic blast into the ground. It hit straight in center quickly killing off all of them. I grinned as the commanders spawned in. I launched forwards and stabbed my hand straight into one of there hearts. I pulled it out then it exploded creating a chain reaction until there was one left. It whimpered as I stepped forwards and stabbed it. I heard cheers from up in the stands. The legionaries spawned in next, I spat on the ground and one of them launched at me. I side stepped and stabbed it. The next two that came I shot a telekinetic blast at, I turned around and created a wall of flame. As soon as they ran into it they burned and I stepped forward to the last two. They growled at me then I picked them both up with telekineses and started throwing them into the arena walls.

Lance

I turned to the General, “Are you sure?” He nodded and said “Send the real ones in, this is a test. If he passes let him be on the team of first years that are going against our team.” I nodded and said “Yes sir!”

Sol

I grinned as the last two disappeared then a gate opened. I looked at it strangely then the demibeasts came out. I felt the air around me twist and turn, it filled with heat with the scent of intense blood lust. I looked at the beasts then they came charging forwards. I deactivated my sword and rolled to the side. My eyes went wide as it turned around and hit me with its barbed tail. I looked down expecting to see a flash of blue light to appear in my leg but instead there was blood. I felt my body start to slip as I felt my body loose blood. I saw its claw coming down and I rolled to the side. I got up and jumped over the Demibeast. I then tucked down to avoid another ones attack. I created a shield of telekinesis and shot it at the one that landed a bit on me. Then I turned around activated my sword and stabbed it at the one that just tried to attack me. The third and fourth jumped at me and I rolled middle so they would hit each other. They did but when there bodies touched it made a horrible clanging sound then I felt a pain in my side. There was one of there barbs stuck in my stomach area. I felt myself cough out some blood. I looked  up expecting to see The Brigadier General to stop the match but instead he was intensely watching it not making a move to stop it. I moved my head back to the fight then BAM! I got tackled from my right side and I hit the wall. I heard the cheering in the audience stop and a horrible suspenseful quietness took its place. I slowly picked myself out of the wall and got up. I heard the yelping sound as they called out to each other. I spat blood on the ground and the first came at me. I flipped over it released my arm sword and it shot straight through its head. I tried teleporting over the next one but the amount of blood I had already lost and the amount of energy I didn’t have wasn’t enough to keep me going. The teleport bought me halfway then I started falling. I landed on top of it and punched down. Its head got stuck in the ground and it died just like the other ones. The last one turned to me and I slowly got up. I could feel my body slipping in and out along with my mind. I took a slow step forwards and I could feel all the breathing in the air stop, the sound of people tapping there hands and feet together because of there nervousness. Everything was out, just me and the beast. I took another step forward then another until I cleared about half of the gap. It snarled then started charging at me. I ripped out the barb stuck in my stomach did a misty over the Demibeast then I threw it down through its head and it died, disappearing in melting blood. I went over to the puddle of blood where I released my arm sword through and picked it up. Almost instantly all the blood went off of it and I shoved it into my right arm. I retracted it then I turned to see the doors open and medics walked onto the field. I looked down at myself once more, for the couple of moments after I killed the war beast the pain was gone. But now it came back rushing through me. I coughed once or twice then I fell down losing sight of everything around me.

I woke up in a hospital room, I looked around and saw hospital equipment all around me. I heard someone walk into the room, I turned to see Stella. My face went wide as I started smiling and she came up to me, I expected her to hug me then she stopped. She said “This is all you fault,” I looked down and she got stabbed by a sword and she started dying in a pool of blood. I heard my grandpa say “You could have saved us…” My grandpa froze then got shattered into a million pieces. Then Locus took his place he said “You gave up on us Sol, you left us here…” He burned, Then my dad appeared “You left us here to die, now its your turn…” He turned around and disappeared. I screamed then I woke up in a strange room. I saw a girl with a spear in her hand and pointed towards me. I activated my arm sword and jumped out of the bed I was in. She put down her spear and said “Im sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. You screamed in your sleep and… I guess just my reflexes caused me to do that.” I deactivated my arm sword. I said “Where am I?” She replied “Oh, you where put in my quarters as my team mate. This is sunlass military school, I am a mind user. I haven’t been truly documented yet because I do not have an official rank. Neither do you private. But besides that my name is Texas, your Sol right?” I nodded and said “You use mind as well?” She nodded and said “I was told you only recent came into complete control of it.” I nodded and she said “What a load of bull, I can look at your potential and you my friend have hardly reached any of it.” I said “What?” She replied “You are no where near being as strong as you should be, so my friend I assume you know what Project Freelancer is.” I said “What?” She said “Oh you don’t know… Well then your going to find out. Project Freelancer, a project to enhance human entities elemental power along with giving them something to channel the enhancements. Project Freelancer is the study of artificial intelligence units bring placed int human entities to enhance fighting capabilities, essentially.” I looked at her strangely and she said “There looking for someone other then me with the mind ability to place an A.I in. They need you,” I said “Am I still dreaming? I have to be still dreaming, there has to be something off.” I looked up to see Tex in front of me. She had a needle then stabbed my neck with it, she said “Sorry but once you found out it was real you would never make say yes.” Her voice started fading away then everything stopped.

Texas

The medics got him on the roller and started wheeling him down. I followed until we got to the surgery room. I looked up herring the voices of others coming down the stairs. Six people my age walked down, 3 girls and 3 guys. They lined up next to me and said “Hey Tex,” I responded “Nice to see you guys, came to check out the newbie?” They all nodded then I heard the same eerie cold voice that seemed strangely calm no matter what. He said “Agents,” We all saluted and he said “Nice to see you Agent Texas.” I nodded to him and he said “Agent York, Agent Washington, Agent Utah, Agent Cali, Agent Wyoming, Agent Kentucky. Are you here to see the new one?” They all said “Yes Director!” I said “Very well, a warning though it as a very gruesome process.” They all nodded, Agent York stepped up “Sir may I ask which A.I he is getting?” I said “He is getting the artificial intelligence unit Omega,” All the agents put there hands to there ears and there breathing became labored. My head was hurting a lot as well with my A.I saying “Kill! Traitor!” I turned it off then I said “Director, what was that?” He replied “Artificial Intelligence Unit Omega, the last part of the Alpha. Unlike all of your A.I Omega has his own mind, not just the mind of a super computer like yours. Omega is based off of a real human being, a defect among the A.I. Therefore as suspected the others would not like him but they should meaning there owners should show kindness first.” We all said “Yes Director!” He nodded and said “it is beginning, come back in two hours when its done” I started walking out of the room and I heard my own A.I say “I’m Sorry,” I nodded and said “I know you are but lets show the new guy some kinds alright Theta?” Theta said “Okay I will try,”

Sol

I woke up with a searing pain in my neck. I could here a voice inside my head, one that wasn’t my own. I heard someone open up the door and someone else said “Sol can you here me?” I looked up to see Tex, I got into a fighting position and said “Your the one who put me to sleep! Where am I!” A blonde guy came up next to me and said “My name is York, your in a training facility for people like us.” I said “People like us?” He said “Yes for instance I posses the ice ability except,” I felt my body get out of the fighting position then stay stationary, I couldn’t move at all. He said “I can control the water in your veins and make them cold enough to the point where you cant move,” I felt myself regain control of my body and I said “What the hell?” A new voice said  “Welcome to Project Freelancer Agent Carolina.” I looked to see a old man with glasses, he was bald and he said “I am the director, the leader of this project. We take people with extreme amounts of power and add something to channel there ability. You my friend are officially registered as Carolina now of the Lander military school program. I heard you were kicked out of the Tower because of…” He looked down at a tablet and said “Extreme amounts of power equivalent to a Slayer” I nodded and said “So now what! You have me trapped up in here as a ginny pig! What do you want me to do now! Live here working for you guys!” The director replied “Agent Carolina! Do not speak to me in that tone! If you want to know what you can do! There is a competition between schools soon, we have signed you up on the A team this year with the third years. If you must know one of those schools is The Tower, we Lander, have come in second every year next to them. We believe this year we can beat them with this team.” 2 Guys and 2 girls stepped out. The Director said “This is your team,” York stepped up and said “I am Agent York, I have ice abilities, Intellect Class” He was blonde with a muscled frame. The next guy was skinny with black hair, he said “Agent Washington, I have lightning abilities. Knight Class” Next one of the girls stepped up, she was about my size and had red hair. She said “Agent South Dakota, I have the ace element. Lancer Class” Finally the last girl with black hair and was taller then me stepped up and said “Agent North Dakota, I have Geostorm abilities. Knight Class” Tex walked up and said “And you already know me. Agent Texas, mind abilities. Fighter Class” I said “Agent Carolina, Mind capabilities. Assassin Class. I don’t really care for the introduction, what do you mean there is a competition between schools?” The Director replied “A Seven on Seven tournament between all the military schools in the country. It will be hosted at the Tower in two weeks. We will leave in twelve days to set up our rooms. Carolina, I have also looked at there starting teams line up has two old friends of yours, I hope this wont change your performance” I said “Trust me it won’t.” He nodded and said “Agents! You have now been officially chosen as Landers strike team in the upcoming tournament. So I suppose you will all be training vigorously for the next twelve days.” They all saluted and said “Yes sir!” He nodded and said “Agent York you were assigned as captain,” He nodded and said “I wont let you down,” The Director started walking and he said “Omega, you have a suitable and strong partner. Don’t let us and him down.” I heard some sort of whispering voice in my head and then it was clear. I believe the director was right, you are strong. I believe in you partner. I said “What!” The voice didn’t come again then I heard York say “When were chosen, we get to skip out on normal classes and we get a whole arena to ourselves. Lets start training.” We all nodded and jogged to our designated training room. When we opened the door we were not lead to the arena but to some sort of tailor area of Lander. We kept walking forward then there was a table with seven piles of  neatly folded clothing that had a name tag in front of each one. York said “These are our teams outfits, lets get em on and start working with each other soon.” I walked up to mine an put it on, it was shaggy and rugged, it looked like it was worn through many battles already. It was red and black, it had a hood and a face mask that was a piece of cloth that went up to my nose. On its right arm it had a emblem closer to my bicep, it was three lines creating a non complete triangle. I looked to all of us and we all had a different color set and theme based on our class. I heard Washington say “Now we look… Bad Ass!” We all nodded and I said “Now were all ready, we ready to start?” York nodded and said “Our first training exercise, will be using each others abilities to play to each other.” We all nodded and we got out on the field. We started running out then I heard York say “Hey wait up Carolina!” I turned around and said “Yes?” He said “I hear you absorb energy and use it for later use?” I nodded and he said “This Is going to sound weird but I need you to go into that room for about thirty minutes.” He pointed to a door. I shrugged and walked in still now trusting him. I opened the door and walked in. The door closed and disappeared. I heard York yell "I lied about our teams first exercise everyone follow me!” I heard people file in above me and saw everyone spread out around me from high ground. York yelled “Carolina is our target!” I said “I hate you…” Blasts of all types started launching at me then I put my hands out and started absorbing it all. Kinetic energy, heat energy, electric energy. All of it was becoming mine to command. Eventually it stopped and I heard York yell “Okay Carolina were done with that now. It’s time for us to get started on the real training.” I walked out of the room and I heard someone knew say “Yes, yes it is.”

Two days before the Games

I walked off the bus along with the rest of the team and I heard North say “Hey York, were is our sleeping arrangements?” York replied with something I didn’t quite make out as I looked up at the once familiar campus. Everything was the same, the benches, the windows, the statues. I heard Tex say “Carolina! Come on were moving in.” I nodded and said “Sorry guys,” She rolled her eyes and said “So your ready to destroy them?” I nodded and said “Lets win it!” I heard South say “Glad to here you say that,” Then Washington stepped in and said “Hey these rules also play into our favor, pure battle, no restraints with no real penalty if we die.” York said “But we still have to fight like our lives depend on it,”  We all nodded as we walked into the building. I looked up to see the General say “Welcome Lander, I am General Grace. I have the honor of escorting you to your rooms.” I saw the teachers lined up across the walls as he Brough us to our rooms. We were paid in groups of two in the same hallway of rooms. Washington and I took the first door to the left. There were two beds a desk a door to a bath room and a weapons rack with all sorts of stuff on it. I put my stuff on the bed to the right, I then put on my suit and grabbed a spear off the wall. I used the magnetic setting on my suit and my spear stuck to my back. I then said “Hey Wash, Im gonna go train or something. Ill be back in about two hours,” He nodded and said “Okay I was gonna go hit up the mess hall so I wont be back anytime soon either,” I gave him a thumbs up and walked out the door. I walked down to the main floor and turned to the arenas. I walked into one of them and walked down to the bottom. I heard the clanging sound of two weapons hitting each other, I walked into the arena to see two people moving at speeds most people could never keep up with fighting each other. Eventually they broke off from each other and stopped. I recognized the two, Stella and Locus. I made sure my hood was up hiding my hair which was really the only feature that was easy to make out about me. I pulled my spear off my back and moved to the other end of the arena, I started going through some attack motions then I heard Stella’s voice behind me, “Hey Your from Lander right?” I nodded and she said “Would you like to be my sparring partner for a little while?” I said “Why not?” I turned around and got into a fighting stance, she pulled a sword off her side then launched forward with sea blinking speed she had the first time we fought. I sidestepped and she launched right past me, I heard the scarping sound of a sword escaping its sheath and I dodged the second sword she was now holding in her left hand. I changed my stance and she launched forward again, I rolled down and stabbed up. She repositioned her body midair and my spear barely missed her. I heard her feet leave the ground not even seeing her body at this point, I put my spear up as both of her swords rung against it creating a loud metallic noise that bounced off the walls. I ducked down did a spin and swept her feet out from under her with the spear. I kicked her swords out of her hands and held the spear to her throat. She stayed quite for a bit then said “That was a great fight!” I took off the spear and put it on my back, she went to pick up her swords and said “I hope I see you at the tournament but if you don’t mind, I was wondering if you could do one more match with me.” I said “What will be the difference?” She replied “I want to see if you can keep up with me when I’m trying… As a way to test how much of a difference of power levels we are.” I nodded my head and took the spear off my back. She smiled then set her blades on fire, she launched forward and I dodged barely. I kicked at the space where she was but she was gone already. I spun around and made a blocking motion with my spear as I felt the air behind me move. The sound of metal hitting metal rang out across the room. My spear glowed for an instant then it stopped. I let one hand off of it to see the scorch marks that made out the print of my hand on the spear. I looked to my glove to see it black and charred but not quite burned through. I smiled and then she appeared directly in front of me. No blade was pointed, there was nothing. Then her eyes glowed. A second later I was somewhere else entirely.


Texas

“South hold up,” She came back to me and I said “Look at that, Carolina has already made a new friend.” South looked down to see Carolina battling it out with a Tower student. She was fast but Carolina was keeping up in his own sort of way. A little bit later she stopped then appeared in front of him, afterwards he just fell to the ground. South said “What was that!” I replied “I think she used Solar energy mixed with Arc energy to create some sort of contacts that trap there enemies in some sort of dreamscape by looking at them in the eyes.” South said “You could tell all that just by seeing what she did?” I replied “No, I read her mind.” South nodded and said “She will be hard to beat then.” I said “Yeah, she will…”

Sol

I woke up to the sight of a fiery blade pointed directly at me. I looked up to see Stella with one of her swords pointed directly at my face. I turned to my side to see my spear a couple feet away from me. She said “Nice try, Kid.” I smiled. I felt my spear launch into my hands and I teleported above her. I threw down my spear and it hit a sword out of her hands. I landed and did a roundhouse kick to her face. I picked up her sword and disarmed her. I then held it to her throat and said “It wasn’t really a try,” She laughed and I helped pull her up. I gave her the sword and used my telekinesis to make my spear come to my hands. I then put it on my back and she said “So you can use the ability of the mind?” I nodded and said “Something I learned a little while ago.” She said “Well then I will see you at the tournament, also thank you.” I said “Why?” She replied “Because now I know the final problem in these contacts and I can fix them now.” I gave her a strange look then shrugged and walked off the arena. I heard another familiar voice next to me “We wont be that easy to beat,” I replied “Im counting on it Maine.” He gave me a strange look and said “Were going to win, Again!” I teleported up the stairs and said “You two enjoy the show?” South replied “It was pretty neat.” Then Tex said “But were going to have to watch out for that girl.” I nodded and said “She is something else.” There was a moment of silence as we stood in the white hall way and then I said “I’m going to get some rest before tomorrow. We do half to be up and at em pretty early for the opening ceremony.” Tex said “Don’t you think its super cool?” I said “What is?” She replied “Us, I mean out of the one hundred percent of people on earth twenty five percent of them have abilities, of that twenty five, ten percent has advanced abilities, of that ten percent two percent can completely control them. Were of that two percent, isn’t that pretty cool?” I said “I mean if you think about it, yes it is.”  She nodded and said “See you tomorrow…” I waved and teleported to the stairs. I walked up to my room and put my spear next to my bed. 
“Sir I believe we need to talk about what you say in that dream” I heard Omega in my head. The thing about A.I is when they speak its not like you here them its more as if you feel them. Its an overall weird feeling.
  “That girl didn’t give me enough time to understand it and I am fine with that.” I replied forcefully.
“Sir you are obviously not fine seeing as the moment I mentioned it there was a ten percent increase in your heart rate and a three percent increase in body temperature.”
“What did I say about monitoring my vitals Omega.” He replied “Yes I know sir but its a primary function of why I am here, it allows me to help work with your abilities.”
I said “Omega I know that but seriously, The dream was nothing and I am fine.” A holographic light of grey and black appeared in front of me. It showed a man in a suit of armor much like from the game halo. “Sir I fear if you fight her again and you go back in that dream, if you wake up you might become a loose cannon.” Omega said this with felled like genuine concern.
“Omega It’s fine, if anything wont that be a good thing? I should still register my team mates as team mates.” I said with contempt. “Very well Sol, I am not saying I agree with you but I do trust your judgement. But I am taking over full control of your vitals and in the event of you becoming a loose cannon I will determine how much elemental energy you get.” Omega said this like again he genuinely meant it to help my team mates and I.
“Very well Omega, thank you for the check in.” The little figure in front of me nodded then said “Ill be logging off now then.” He disappeared and I was once again alone in my room.

The Next Day

          I woke up to the sound of a bell ringing. I turned to see Washington jump out of his bed just like I had. He said “Guess thats our cue,” I nodded and we put on our suits. We stepped outside our room to see the rest of our team stepping out of theres as well. York came out last then he said “Okay everyone, all we have to do is go out there stand straight and tall and when they call out our names we salute. Very simple procedure that will be sure to win us some points with the current judges.”
“How does that win us points with the judges?” North replied. The black haired boy said “It is simple unlike what the others are doing we are showing respect to the judges and those who are watching this around the world.” North nodded.
We all started down the stairs to the main arena, there was a uncertain feeling in the air among our team. There was the buzz of excitement coming from those already inside the arena walls. I said “Live for glory!” Everyone else said “Die with Honor!” We then all stepped out onto the arena grounds to look up at the ever growing crowd of students, faculty, military personnel, and civilians.
Texas said “I am glad I was able to make this team with all of you,” We all nodded and I heard “Best of luck sir,” I smiled and nodded my head. I heard the announcers voice yell “And the last team of this years tournament is Landers team of men and women! Roger York! Grant Washington! Sol Carolina! North Dakota! South Dakota! Jessy Texas! Those are the names of this years batch of students from Lander!”
We all stepped forward and saluted the crowd and judges. York said “Lets win this guys…” We all nodded and stayed saluted until finally one of the judges said “Great now who wants to start off this competition!” The crowd started screaming and he said “That seems like a lot of people, well then all of you will be happy to know the first event will be starting in two hours. This event is a battle event. There are teams of six so there will be six rounds. In each round you can deploy as many soldiers as you want but they are not allowed to fight again. So for instance in the first round you could send in all six of your team mates but then the other team would win the other five rounds. In the event of each team having three points at the end there will be a tie breaker event where the crowd picks with two people to send out and they will battle it out. Understand?”
Every single team nodded there heads. The judge who was speaking then said “Then May the Games Begin!” Cheering erupted through out the crowd as the judge said those words. I said to myself “Let the Games begin Sol…”

I stepped into our waiting room as it became our teams turn to fight. We were going against Highrock, they seemed to be strong but not enough to beat us. At least thats what Omega thought. I heard York say “So we have to send in the amount of people we want the by the time that goes to zero.” He pointed to a clock running inside the arena.
There were thirty six seconds left then Washington stepped up and said “I will go first York, we might want to start this off with a win.” He gave us all a playful wink then stepped out on the battle field. The other team sent out a guy that was twice his size to counter him.
“Will he be okay?” I asked, York replied “He’s Wash, he’ll be fine.” I shrugged as the announcer yelled “Begin!” The other teams guy launched forwards at Wash, he sidestepped and did a hammer punch hitting the man who charged straight into the ground. The guy pulled himself out then made a motion with his hands, the earth around Wash started shaking, he rolled to the side just as a spear of earth attacked where he had been before.
Wash pulled out his sword launched forward got behind him and said “To slow…” I saw a blade protrude through our enemies back then he disappeared in a flash of red light. Wash smiled and waved as the crowd cheered for such an upset of a battle. He stepped back into our box and the timer started again, one minute to puck who we wanted to use.
Tex said “Sir I would like to go next.” York nodded and said “Best of luck Texas” She nodded and stepped out of our box. The other team sent in another guy to face her. She smiled and said “This is gonna be fun…”

Texas

I pulled out my two knives as they sent out someone to face me in the arena. He looked strong had black hair and had a giant war axe on his back. I smiled as the announcer yelled to start the game. I launched forward towards him. He got his axe and did a downward slashing motion, last second I teleported behind him and threw one of my knives at his back. It went through his clothing and stuck there but he didn’t disappear. Thats when I saw it, a flash of red light appeared as a different person lost the match. My knife didn’t hit him but It hit his partner, probably with the ability to use light seeing as she/he was invisible. The man turned around and charged. I barely had time to register it before I was teleported into a room with a tv that showed the hole stadium. The boy had struck me down with his axe, I hit the wall and said “Do not loose the rest of this guys…”

Sol

I said “Well that was a turn of events,” York nodded and said “North, South Your up.” They made no motion to disagree with him and they stepped out on the field. A girl about there height came up to meet them. The announcers yelled for the match to begin then both South and North darted off to the left and right to flank the women they were fighting. The girl pulled out a sword then slashed it at North, she slid under it and South did a flip over her. They both started attacking every movement was almost in perfect unison.
York turned to me and said “There sending out the powerhouse next most likely, I am going to ask you to do this next round,” I nodded and said “Which leaves you against there leader?” He nodded and I heard the crowd cheering “Finish Her! Finish Her! Finish Her!” I said “Sir you realize how much of a chance of loosing you have?” He waved me off and I said “very well,” The crows started cheering very loudly again then North and South stepped into our box. York said “good job you two,” They both smiled and sat down. I said “Well you two, wish me luck.” I stepped out on the arena before they could say anything and the door closed behind me. I pulled my spear off my back and hefted it in my right hand. The other person stepped out. I was expecting someone with muscles that was five times the size of me. Instead there was a girl smaller then me. With almost no visible muscle, and light pale blonde hair. I looked back to York strangely and he mouthed something out to me that I couldn’t understand.
I turned back to the girl and said “good luck,” She didn’t respond with words. Instead she pulled a sword off her back. I heard the Announcer yell “Begin!” Neither of us moved at first, waiting for the other to make the attack. Then BOOM! I dodged to the side as all the earth around me gave way to huge vines growing out of the ground. They surrounded me until I was in a cage then they started freezing and broke. Ice shards appeared all around me falling down,
all aimed for my head. I used my telekinesis and every shard stopped, I turned towards the girl and launched them all at her. She jumped up then one she landed it was as if she fell through the floor. I heard a scuffling sound next to me and I positioned my spear to block her incoming sword. The sound of metal hitting metal clanged throughout the arena. I did a 360 twirling the spear around me as I did then I hit the ground with it putting a tiny burst of kinetic energy into the hit. The ground around us cracked as a shock wave was sent into her direction.
She spat some blood in response to it hitting her. I smiled and launched forwards, she moved back and disappeared again. I heard a sound above me and I launched myself to the side. I turned myself around and did a spinning round house kick to her ribs. It connected and she went flying backwards. The crowd started screaming again and I smiled. She got up then put her hands towards me. A wall of void light appeared then it started sucking me in. I finally realized her abilities, I teleported backwards and I yelled to her “You know maybe don’t show off your mane moves at your first fight. Now everyone knows what you can do, Advanced Earth user, Long range ice user, and you rely on space to get you around.” Her eyes went wide as she realized I knew everything I needed to know to beat her. She portaled her self in front of me and stabbed. I dodged and did a sweep attack with my spear. Before she could portal herself out of there I stabbed at her chest, unfortunately I wasn’t fast enough and she beat me to it. I felt her sword slide through me and I disappeared in a flash of red light. I heard Texas’s voice say “You lost to?” I nodded and said “She beat me to the stab,” Tex nodded and said “So its tied now?” I nodded and she said “Now its all up to York.”

Nathan- Leader of team Highrock

I stepped out on the arena looking directly at my opponent, he had sunglasses firmly placed around his face as he held out his hand to me. I shook it and he said “May the best man win,” I nodded in reply. I created my axes of fire out of no where then the announcer yelled ”Begin!” I laughed forwards and the other captain dodged last second. I stopped myself turned around and attacked again. It went like this for at least three minutes until I said “Come on fight back!” The captain didn’t say anything until much later, “What if I already am?” He pulled off his sunglasses to show his eyes were closed. The whole audile was silent then I said in surprise “Your eyes were closed the whole time?” He didn’t say anything, all he did was open them showing me two golden blue eyes. The next second I saw a pillar of ice protrude through my skin. I smiled and said “You smart son of…” I disappeared in a flash of red light to see the rest of my fallen team mates.

Sol

I stepped outside of the room once York won, He met us in the hall way and said “We got past the first round!” I smiled and said “You did great, how much have you been practicing without us knowing?” He replied “Oh no your mistaking that for practice, that was all luck. I had my eyes closed the whole time.” Tex said “You what!” He replied “I had no chance of beating him by myself, my abilities make me more of a support type then anything else. I made a field around me that threw off good luck to those inside it, and a larger field around that that gave bad luck to those outside of it. Thats why there were so many confused stares and mad mothers because there children some how dropped literally everything they had, or maybe they lost some sort of game they were playing.”
I said “So you banked our sole winning on luck” York replied “You got it!” I said “I am with a team of highly trained idiots aren’t I?” Tex said “And your only realizing this now?” I said “Good point” I turned to North and South and said “You two did great as well.” They both nodded and I heard York say “So now were past the first round, the next round should be something more full team related,”
We all nodded and then at the same time we got a message on our ear pieces. We all opened it and it said ‘The next fight is a battle Royale between four schools. Lander, The Tower, Sunlass, and Gale. This round will not face in elimination but more of points. Each of your team leaders will be given an orb, once the game begins it is theres to decide who gets it. Each orb is five points, there will be one hour of fighting each other and there teams to steal one of there orbs for your self, the team with the most points wins this event and gets an additional 10 points, to get points for your orbs there is a lighthouse with a chest in it, during the last five minutes it will open, put your orb in the chest to win’ 
York said “Well lets get to the arena,” We all filed in quickly followed by the other surviving schools. Texas said “When you used to go here were you the big bad badass?” I nodded and she said “Well now they all are as well.” I nodded and said “Against this team, I doubt any of them will get through our outer line.” She just smirked and said “Okay there kiddo,” I replied “Hey Im Older then you!” She replied “But your also smaller!” In a playful voice. York said “Stop messing around you two” We stopped as he was handed the orb. He handed it to Tex and said “Your in control of the orb, Carolina guard her.” I nodded and said “I wont let you down sir,” He said “I hope you won’t.” The arena round us disappeared as they painted a new land scape for us. We spawned in a new area entirely, it was a jungle. I heard York say “Wash with me, North South go together. Carolina Tex, protect the orb.” We both nodded then everyone ran out into the shrubbery. I said “Stay here and hide Im going to get a lay of the land.” I stated climbing up a tree before she could answer. I got to the top and turned to see a huge battle field but right in the middle there was a red light. I jumped down and said “What time is it?”
“About 5:00” Tex replied. I said “Okay so were a fir distance away from the light house lets get moving.” She nodded and we started walking in the direction of the lighthouse. I turned around and said “Put the orb in your back pack.” She nodded and stuck it in her bag. She then pulled her swords off her back and I pulled my spear to my hand.
“BLAST!” A voice yelled from the bushes. I jumped backwards as a blast of ice appeared in the area in which I was standing. I said “He has to use voice commands to use his elements! Now!” Tex launched forward then she stopped midair. Two people stepped out of the bushes. Locus and Maine. Maine had his hands up and Locus said “Your mistaken, I don’t have to use voice commands, I only have to use commands if I want to give my opponents a fighting chance.” Tex fell to the floor and she scrambled back up. I said “Tex run I’ll hold them off for as long as possible.” She nodded and started running away. I gripped my spear, Maine pulled out his scythe then Locus took out one of his knives. Maine said “Ready to loose?” I replied “I was going to ask you the same thing,” Locus turned towards me and said “The Tower will win this again, we won’t let a team of people who barely got by the first round win this tournament.” I smiled then said “Then why haven’t you started the attack?” They didn’t need any more of an invite then that. I ran forwards create a ice bomb that combined ice and kinetic energy. I dropped it with three seconds before it hit the ground. I teleported behind the two charging as the bomb exploded. Locus created a shield to contain it while Maine turned around and put his hand out towards me. I felt the air around me change then everything was heavier like I was being dragged towards the ground. Maine said “even the tinniest amount of control over the space element lets you control gravity, you should have done your home work Carolina.” I replied “I should have, but I didn’t. So instead…” I felt another worldly force surge through my body, I looked up my eyes glowing another color most likely and said “I improvise,”

Texas

I climbed up the hill and turned around to the sound of an explosion. I saw a giant mushroom cloud in the area where I left Carolina. I said “Jesus Christ how much has he been holding out on us?”

Sol

I was standing in the middle of a crater as I heard the coughing sounds of another human. I turned to see Locus and Maine on the ground but they were still there. I said “Huh, you actually survived that.” With genuine surprise in my voice.
“You can’t count out some of the heaviest hitters in the school to go down so easily.” Maine replied. He turned back to me and picked up his scythe, Locus said “Now you made us angry…” His arm started glowing through his shirt then his eyes quickly followed. He had a blue dim all around him unlike me, my red dim of light interfering with his blue one. Maine said “To believe that there are two dragon slayers in the same time period, well more like three…” His right arm started glowing then his eyes started glowing green.
I felt nothing, there was no one there besides us. Three terribly strong forces of power getting ready to attack each other. Not a leaf fell from a tree, not a foot scuttled. Nothing. Everyone in the battle field was silent, everyone felt something that was different and terrifyingly strong on the field. I repositioned my self and threw my spear away. I activated my arm sword.
Locus took his spear off his back and Maine gripped his scythe harder. I heard the sound of camera moving themselves about in the trees and on animals trying to get the best view of this show down. Then I felt it, at least three more forces being unleashed. York appeared next to me, along with Stella jumping down next to Maine and Locus. She had a dark blue glow around her and York had a green one. I said “Welcome to the light show York,” He replied “Five dragon slayers battling it out. The audience is going to love this.” I just smiled as he took two knives off his belt.
That is when it stopped, everything just stopped. Sound, Pain, Time, everything. Then Maine, Stella, And Locus launched forwards. I went and intercepted Maine halfway through his attack. I dodged his wide arc strike with his scythe then slashed his legs. He somewhat dodged but not fast enough. My sword slashed through his achilles tendons and his legs gave out. I teleported up as I felt another person behind me. Stella’s sword was in the place where I was just milliseconds before. I landed and launched forwards towards Locus. He was creating a structure out of ice. I barreled through it and it was all destroyed. He launched a barrage of icicles at me, I put my hand up and controlled every single piece with telekinesis.
Locus yelled “Switch!” Stella appeared in front of me and I put up my right arm to block her sword. I made a blast of fire and launched it at Stella. She put her hands out and it all stopped. She smiled and said “I had my suspicions when I saw you, now I know.” She launched forwards and slashed at me. I teleported behind her and kicked her. She disappeared and I dodged to the left as I saw her sword coming at me from my left side. She made a blast of fire and launched it at me. I put my hands out and started absorbing it all. The only problem with that is the fact that all absorbers have there limits and the other fact that Dragon Slayers in there Dragon Force stage are extremely strong.
Fire blasted outwards in all directions. I was doing my best just to absorb the fire around me and York and even that was proving to be a lot of energy. After a couple more seconds it stopped an we were standing in a barren waste land with the jungle farther away then it used to be.
I said “Whatever your suspicions were… You should have made sure I was the same person.” Her eyes went wide then I protected York with a telekinetic shield and I put my hands up. I felt something new come into my body, I took a step forward and a shockwave went through the ground. Another step and another shockwave. I deactivated my sword and made my hands glow with electricity. Stella yelled “We have to go now Locus!” Locus just replied “He wasn’t in his Dragon Force form before…” I smiled. I let lightning strike all around me, little did I know that one of them accidentally hit the main machine that controls the allowed respawn’s. Meaning anyone who dies now really dies.

General Grace,

“We need someone in there… NOW! The respawn computer is down!”  My little sister walked up to me and said “This is true power isn’t it?” I said “I don’t know what this is.”
Fletcher

I felt the same force I had sixteen years ago move through the land. “He’s here…” I jumped from tree to tree narrowing in to the source.

Lucifer

I laughed as I felt the force of another slayer being truly born. I said “Feel that Denšora? That is the smell of our next hunt…”

Sol

I started absorbing there elemental energy down to the very drop. I stopped when they had a tiny bit left so they wouldn’t get permanently deprived of there elements. I said “Yield…” there was pure fear in everyones eyes around me. Then I heard the words “Team Lander wins this round…” I exited my dragon force form and said “I am not the same person…”

I slapped down a card on the table and said “21 I win,” York patted me on the back and said “Nice” I smiled said “Thanks for helping me out after… the thing,” Wash said “No problem, it’s what a team is here for.” I nodded and finally York said “Okay guys lets get some sleep.” Wash and I nodded then York stepped out of our room.
“You sure your okay?” Wash asked. I replied “Yeah it was my bad for loosing control, it won’t happen again.” Wash said “You know it’s okay right? I mean it can happen to the best of us.” I said “Wash I’m fine, It was a mistake it won’t happen again” Wash said “Okay Carolina, get a good nights rest.” I nodded and let my consciousness leave my body.

I jumped out of the way as the transmutation circle activated. I felt a great immense power enter my body then quickly leave me. Lucifer started screaming then he was swallowed  by the red light. I felt a pain again in my arm and leg then everything was off balance. I fell to the ground feeling my body losing lots of blood. I heard someone say “get a medic over here!” There were rustling sounds among everyone. I couldn’t feel much, or here much for that matter. I just felt that feeling of something leaving me, a part of me that has been there before now was completely gone.

I jumped out of bed and used my telekinesis to summon my spear to my hand. I looked around the room and there was nothing and no one there. Wash got out of his bed and yelled “Whats wrong!” He got into a fighting stance then I said “It’s nothing Wash, just a bad dream.” He nodded and I didn’t fall asleep again that night.

I stepped out of the room that morning and saw South waiting next to our room. She took my hand and said “Carolina, I know this is going to sound kind-of mean but I need to know if you can still fight.” I said “South I am fine,” Emphasizing each word in the sentence. South let go of my hand and nodded. We both got an auto message at the same time and she said “New event,” I nodded. We both opened it and there was a message saying, ‘The following contestants must report to the arena, Stella Voss, Maine Pulham, Locus Fraze, Roger York, Sol Carolina, Cain Saladin, and Fletcher Rose.’ South just looked at me and said “Good luck Sol,” I nodded and made my way down to the arena.
Once I entered I heard York say next to me “Whatever this is, keep your toes up.” I nodded then I saw the solute of General Grace in the center of the arena. He yelled “Fall In line soldiers!” We all lined up then he said “Stella Voss, Maine Pulham, Locus Fraze, Roger York, Cain Saladin, Fletcher Rose, and lastly Sol Grace or Felix Grace as many may know him as.” I gave him dagger eyes then York got into a fighting stance. General Grace said “Stand down Roger, We know all about your little project. We know about you two test subjects.” York got ready to pounce then I said “York listen to him, he has an Ace ability.” General Grace grinned at me “He can stop all elemental abilities round him if he wants to.” York got out of a fighting stance and said “This once I will take an order from you Sol,” I nodded then General Grace said “Good, now thats all that is all over. We can get to the real reason you are all here. It has come to our attention that all of you have an ability most other do not posses.” He kept his face burrowed into the same scrunching motion he usually wore on it. Then he said “No thats putting it to lightly.” He created a fire ball and launched it at me. I put my hand out and absorbed the attack.
Before I could say anything he continued “Slayers, is the right way to put it. Dragon Slayers, the first ones born in centuries.” At that point we were all in a fighting stance, except for the one referred to as Fletcher.
The General said “If any of you try to attack me then you will all be put down here and now.” We kept our guard up but went back into line. He said “Again your the first Dragon Slayers born in centuries, meaning that there is something big that is about to happen.” The black haired muscular man referred to as Cain Saladin said “And you want to utilize as as a weapon?” The General replied “Huh, Smart boy. Yes you are now the new secret weapon of Earths Military.” Maine said “Okay… and if we don’t agree we get killed on the spot?” General Grace said “Smarter lot then I realized.” I sighed then he said “The games have been stopped this year due to the respawn module being broken. You lot are going to stay here and train at the Tower. Get to know each other, by the time I am back and trust me that will be a very long time, I want you guys to know enough about each other to be a passing team.
He left the room then Fletcher said “Okay then… Well I’ll start, my name is Fletcher Rose, My elements are wind and Ace, my ace ability allows me to stop all surrounding objects from moving.” Locus stepped up and said “Locus Fraze, My elements are ice and Ace, My Ace ability allows me to change the density of objects I hold.” Maine stepped up then said “Maine Pulham, My abilities are space and Ace, my ace ability allows me to amplify the power of those with elements around me.” Cain stepped up and said “Cain Saladin, I have the earth, water, and Ace ability. My Ace Ability allows me to change my bodies chemistry.” Maine snickered. Stella stepped up and said “Stella Voss, I have the Solar and Ace ability. My Ace ability allows me to move at super sonic speeds… that is if I try.” I stepped forward and said “Sol Grace, I have the Mind, Ace, and Lightning ability apparently. My Ace ability allows me to absorb all types of energy and store them into my body then attack back with that specific type of energy.”
Maine said “Even that is better then body chemistry boy over there.” Cain said “Maybe you will want to rethink that.” Out of his arm spurted out a blade of bones. He then changed his hair and his eye color. Then he put everything back to how he was before. Maine said “Okay maybe not that bad.” Cain snickered this time. I said “Okay guys, now we all know each other were done.” I heard a laughing sound then we were all teleported onto a freezing, mountain landscape. A message all appeared to us that said ‘make it to the top of the mountain in five days or else you will be finding your own way home, in the event that you fall do not follow them, those who do fall must also find there own way home.’ There was a chorus of sighs as we read the message. We started walking to the mountain until we stood face to face of the mountains sheer edge.
Maine looking up at the flat face said “So anyone have an idea on how to get up this?” We all shook our head then Stella finally said “Sol can you use your telekinesis to bring us up there?” She avoided eye contact with me throughout the whole question. I said “no I can not, using my telekinesis on a human being is extremely hard, I could accidentally twist some organs or vibrate you to the point where your blood cells pop and explode.” She said “So who has an idea?” Fletcher said “Well lets try this.” I felt the wind around us pick up then my feet lifted up off the ground. We were inside a sphere, it stayed moving at the same speed for about thirty minutes before It died down. Fletcher yelled “The air up here is becoming to thin for me to control! Im going to take us down!” We landed on a ledge with a tiny cave on the mountain side. We all huddled into it.
It was dark outside and the snow blizzards started picking up so eventually Cain made a earth shield covering the door. Stella created a tiny fire inside the cave going us some light and warmth. Maine changed the gravity in a single area to zero so anyone that stepped into it floated to about halfway to the roof. We would use that for sleeping.
I turned to Fletcher and said “Hey can we talk?” He gave me a strange look then said “yeah sure, one second” He called out to Cain “hey can you let Sol and I out then close the door, after ten minutes could you open it again?” Cain nodded then Fletcher and I walked outside.
“Whats up?” Fletcher asked. I said with a hot contempt in my voice, “Who are you? I mean not just military wise I mean like, who are you?” He said “Huh?” I said “Don’t bullshit me, I am asking a question and you better answer. I used my telepathy to communicate with another mind user and they have done research on all of you…. But when it came to you the only things we could find was your registration form for the school. So who are you Fletcher?” He looked down then said “Maybe you will find out later, when I can trust you all. For now your going to have to deal with not being strong enough to deal with me.” I replied “What do you mean!” He said “Sol don’t kid yourself, we both know your the weakest one here. At least on paper you are, you are physically built up like a subtly user who somehow made it to an assassin. Lets be real, compared to these guys you are nothing, the only reason you are strong right now is because you were trained by one of the strongest war heroes of all time. Once these guys get some real training… Well we know you will be left in the dust.” I glared at him and then said “Very well,” Fletcher didn’t say anything for a couple more seconds then said “Ten minutes are up,” The door closed and we walked back into the cave.
Locus said in a steely voice “I am assuming we can’t get farther using Fletchers wind trick?” He shook his head then Locus said “Looks like its all manual labor from here.” We all nodded then Maine said “I'm going to get some sleep.” Fletcher and Cain quickly followed then Locus said to Stella and I “Don’t stay up to late you two… Got that?” We both nodded. Locus went into the gravity space then fell asleep.
“So…” Stella said. I replied “So…” She said “Look I’m sorry how you got kicked out of the Tower,” Before she could continue I said “Save it… I don’t want to here your pity.” She said “Hey I’m trying to be nice!” I replied “And I’m trying to get my ass off a f***ing mountain!” She yelled “Its not my fault were on the f***ing mountain!”
I was about to hurl something back at her then I stopped. I asked “What do you mean?” She glared at me and said “You think this is all about us! It’s not! You set something off in our blood and most of us had no idea about whatever this slaying stuff was until a couple months ago when you showed up! Something about you was off ever sense you walked into that class room.” I replied “What do you mean?” She had tiny bits of water dancing across her eyes then she said “You have seen what were up against haven’t you?” I looked down and she yelled “Haven’t you!” I said “Stella I’m not telling you guys for your own good, stuff like that. The real deal, its scary. People are too afraid to understand what type of situation we are in! More then three quarters of our race was killed! OVER NIGHT!” Stella gave me a look of pure horror and I said “No one knows the truth… Let me ask you, what year is it?” She replied “Year 3063” I said “Have you ever wondered what happened in year 2986?” She said “No… What happened?” I replied “Nothing,” She said “What do you mean”” With horridness in her voice. I said “There was nothing there, the only thing that happened was death, year 2986 December 29th at 9:30 PM there were 24 billion people on planet earth. Year 2986 December 30th at 6:30 AM there was less then two million people left on earth.” Her eyes now just showed a look of pure horror. I said “Now this is the truth, year 808 BC: is the first recored sighting of demons, where you ask? The first bible ever created… I will take you back to the time of Jesus…”

I said “Jesus you can’t possibly have trusted this?” My friend kissed my forehead and said “I am positive,” I replied “Its obviously a trap, that garden is meant for holy reasons and he is surrounded by unholy beasts.” Jesus said “Judos is still a human being, he deserves mercy.” I held my tongue before I said anything to naive.
“Very well…” I finally said. Jesus said “Thank you for trusting me old friend.” I stayed silent then eventually said “What if something goes wrong?”
“Well I will have you won’t I?”
“Yes of course you will,”
“Then I don’t have a lot to worry about.”
I didn’t say anything for a long while then eventually I brought myself to saying “it’s time my Lord.” Jesus nodded and we started outside of the tiny cottage home we were staying at. We walked over hill and river until we got to the gates of the garden. “Wait here Moses,” I nodded and he stepped into the garden of Babylon.
A good thirty minutes later I heard screams coming from the garden. I opened the doors to see Roman soldiers and Judos standing next to something else. Something strange, something people would only see in nightmares. Next to Judos was a man, everything was black except for his white skin. His eyes his hair his bulging veins.
Jesus stood across from him with his staff in hand. The roman soldiers drew there swords then the man I haven’t seen before held up his hand. He grumbled something I couldn’t here then a sword appeared in his hands. I put my hands out and the plants in the garden started warping around the soldiers, Judos, and the new man. They stopped for a second then the man in black burned all the vines around him.
My eyes went wide with shock. Jesus took the water from the plants in the room and created a bubble over the mans head. The bubble quickly dispersed and the man kept on walking forwards. Only one word came out of the mans mouth “DIE” there wasn’t any anger in it, nor was there any sense of emotion. The only thing in that word was a command.

Sol

I stopped myself from saying anything more and looked at a now sleeping Stella. I picked her up and carried her into the gravity field. I turned around not bothering to watch her float up into the field. I created a telekinetic shield across the ground and laid down on top of it. I let myself slowly drift away into sleep.

I woke up to the sound of earth shaking. I rubbed my eyes groggily and I heard Locus say “Time to start heading bak up,” He handed me two knives then said “Were going to use these like ice axes, stab them into the icy parts of the mountain and get to the top.” I nodded and grabbed the knives out of his hands.
“Okay guys door is down lets get moving!” Cain yelled. We all stepped out into the bitter cold, Maine took his knives stabbed them into the mountain and started climbing. Cain quickly followed, then Locus, then Stella, then Fletcher, and finally me.
I thrusted my knives into the mountain and started the long trek up. Occasionally I would here a curse word being screamed from one of my companions mouth as they lost there footing or cut themselves. After a couple of hours we found another space with another cave. The others started making there way in, I was almost to the little clearing before the cave before I heard a tiny sound. Something so small most people wouldn’t register it.
I heard it again this time a little bit louder. My eyes went wide as a crack appeared in the ice. Fletcher was already in the cave along with everyone else leaving me the only one still climbing. Another crack around the other knife appeared. I stayed perfectly still, not moving a knife and not moving anything else in my body. Another crack appeared, this time directly in front of me.
I started praying that I wouldn’t fall, then… my knife slipped out of my grip as the chunk of ice holding it gave way and fell. I counted the seconds before I heard a large booming sound. Twenty-four seconds, that was how long it took to hit the ground. I gulped in feeling a sense of terror shroud over my body. Another crack appeared this one a little bit deeper. I hoped someone would notice I hadn’t come up yet then a chunk of ice fell and I lost my grip entirely.
My body slipped into a free fall, the cold air around me whipped and slashed at my face leaving drops of water falling from my eyes. Judging from the rocks time it would take me at least two times its time to hit the ground. I pulled myself together and tried everything. I let out bits of fire from my hands trying to create some sort of thruster, the air around me was moving to fast and both try fireballs blew up as soon as I created them. I saw the snowy floor come into view as I continued my free fall.
I couldn’t concentrate enough to be sure I would be able to catch myself safely with my telekinesis so that was out of the window as well. I felt the wind change and I started spinning out of control. My eyes closed as my brain starts to lock itself.
I hit the snow creating a loud thud in the ground, surprisingly I didn’t feel any part of it. I opened my eyes and realized that nothing around me was hurt. I was already confused enough but this added to my confusion, why wasn’t I hurt? It’s obvious sir.
“What is?”
You absorbed the kinetic energy the exact moment you hit the ground, I am surprised you were able to do it at all.
“How did I do that? I wasn’t even thinking straight.”
My guess is the fact that your body did it off of instinct instead of anything else.
I finally nodded and said “Omega, the message said I would have to find my own way back to the Tower right?”
That is correct sir.
“Could you give me the fasted route to the tower?”
It is five states away sir, the fastest route is covered in cities, three of which are no longer active and are demon infested. If you stay fast it will take you two weeks to get there, and that also includes if you can find the portals in each city.
“So long story short Im screwed unless I can find the portals?”
And get to the cities, speaking of which the nearest one is eight five miles north west.
I sighed and started walking in the snow. By the time the moon was directly overhead I saw the lights of a town. I smiled and ran into the nearest street. After a while I stopped and hid I in a alley way. A couple minutes later I heard the foot steps of someone approaching, a couple moments later a lady about my age came into view. She looked at me and said “Are you okay?” I nodded and said “I think so, I need to get to the tower. Is there any place I can stay, a hotel perhaps?” The brunette women shook her head and said “No that won’t do, here come with me.” She stepped outside into the bitter cold. I begrudgingly followed her, she brought me to a house. She said “Wait one moment” She opened the door and yelled “Ma, Pa, we have a visitor!” Two elderly people stepped into view, the women with strikingly similar features to the girl in front of me said “Who is it?” The man said “Honey I swear if its another dog!” The girl in front of me said “There not dogs there mountain hounds! And no instead I found someone who needs help.” She stepped out of the way revealing me. The older women said “Oh my lord quick quick let him In, he must be freezing,” I gave her a strange look and said “Oh no, I’m fine… Really.” I didn’t know why they were treating me so weird then finally the older women said “Son you have holes and slashes all over your clothes, now quick come inside!” She made it sound more like a command then anything else.
I stepped inside there home and the older man said “Honey can you go get some spare clothes out of your brothers room. The girl who found me went upstairs and disappeared from sight. The mom said “Whats your name? Are you okay? Why are there holes and slashes in your clothes? Do you have any family?” Before she could keep on asking the endless parade of questions the husband stepped in and said “Honey maybe we should let him talk first,” She nodded and eventually I said “My name is Sol Grace, I just need a place to stay for the night then I will be on my way. I don’t want to intrude so would it be okay if you could point me in the direction of the nearest hotel?” The wife shook her head and said “Sorry son but your going to stay here until we are sure your okay. I was about to protest when the girl flew down the stairs along with someone younger then her but only by a little. The boy came into view then my heart stopped.
The boy looked at me with the same sort of contempt he had when I first met him, then the wife finally said “My name is Marie, My husbands name is John, Our daughter violet and our son Felix. Our last name is Murray but our son is adopted, we found him a couple months ago with no home.” The boy from the city a little while back starred directly into my eyes then held out his hand. I shook it and said “Sol Grace,” He said “Felix Murray.” I turned to Violet and shook her hand as well.
Sir I have found a minor issue.
What is it?
You stepped into a portal and now your on the southern border of our country,
Meaning?
Your right next to the border of what separates the demon lands from some of the protected lands. It looks like this place gets attacked frequently.
Omega power off for now get me as much info as you can when you come back.
I felt some sort of twinge in the back of my head as the voice disappeared. Violet handed me some jeans a t-shirt and a hoodie. She said “The restroom is the second door to the left, go change out of those clothes. I nodded and walked down to the restroom.
I changed out of my current attire nicely folded it on top of each other and put on the new clothes the family had so kindly given me. Once I stepped out the family had been sitting by the fire, waiting for my reappearance. I put my clothes down next to one of there desks and took one of the open chars around them and there stove fire.
I said “Thank you very much for letting me stay the night,” The wife shook her head and said “Don’t worry about it, though I doubt you will only stay the night here.” I asked “What do you mean?” Before th wife could say anything the husband interrupted and said “Welcome to the border lands Sol, we get attacked regularly and we don’t get any type of military support. Life here is hard and the only way to get anywhere truly safe is through a portal that we have to pay to use and the amount is ridiculously high.” Violet said “I’m sorry about that…” I shook my head and finally Felix blurted out “Thank you Sol,”
Everyone looked at him strangely and he said “I told you about the young man who saved me from the city right?” The family nodded then he said “This is the man who saved my life. Though he did go by Felix at the time.” I said “Which you clearly stole from me,” Felix just grinned and said “Didn’t have a name before, might as well take one from someone I admire.” I smiled and said “Thank you as well Felix.” The rest of the family stayed silent throughout the ordeal then eventually Violet said “Can you use elements!” With a fire in her voice. Mrs.Murray said “Violet! That is not something you ask someone! Its personnel!” Violet looked down then said “I know but…” Mrs.Murray said “No buts! Say your sorry!” Before Violet could say anything I said “Wait no it was a fair question and I am not bothered by it.”
She looked at me curiously then I said “Yes, I can use the mind element, the lighting element, and the ace ability.” Violet said “Can you teach me?” With a hot determination in her voice. Mr.Murray said “Violet you can’t blurt stuff out like that,” Violet replied “But he might be able to teach me… and Felix! And then we can defend the town!”
Sir I know you told me to log off but I found something out, the portal surrounding this town only affects you and the only way to escape it may be through the border lands, but someone might think of a portal meant to send all those with enough power into this town. Maybe you should teach them.
Before Omega could say anything else I shut him off. “Very well, I can teach you two. I think… I may not be the best but I can at least work with it. But before I know we can do anything if you don’t mind I need some rest.” Mrs.Murray said “Of Course you can take whatever bed you want.” I smiled and said “Thank you for your offer but the couch will suffice for me.” She looked like she was about to protest then I sat down on it and said “Thank you very much for your hospitality.” Finally Mrs.Murray was at a lost for words and said “Kids go to sleep,” The family went upstairs and I was left in the dark wondering what the hell was going on.

Stella

I sat down next to the fire wondering where Sol had gone. We checked farther down and it was obvious he fell, she could only hope he was okay. The boy referred to as York sat down next to me and said “Don’t worry about Sol, knowing him he probably is already back at the tower.” I just nodded and eventually let myself drift off to sleep.

Sol

I woke up the sound of a blaring alarm. My eyes went wide as I grabbed for my spear which was now no longer there. Mr.Murray came down to me and said “The demons are attacking we are supposed to get to the town hall as soon as possible, there are wards that will hold them off from there.” I nodded as the rest of the family came down stairs. I went into the bathroom and quickly changed into my old clothes. Felix had the same sword as the day I found him. I came out put my hood over my head and Violet came down the stairs with a vest surrounding her to protect her innards from being clawed out.
“You might need this,” I looked over at Felix as he handed me his sword and scabbard. I slung it across my back and we stepped outside. Mr.Murray yelled out “This Way!” We started running in the direction Mr.Murray lead us. I heard the sounds of yelps, and laughing sounds, then quickly followed by a roar. Everything happened at once, every light In the town square turned on at once revealing at least a hundred people who have yet to make it into the town hall. Everyone stopped as they looked towards it. It was surrounded by Sylva's, (Mid-sized monkey ice type demons). Behind us appeared two ice golems. Everyone was still as the demons stood there ready to attack. Then one of them launched at a stray toddler. Without even thinking I launched my own body in front of the boys. I put my hand out and let out a torrent of flames. The Ice golem stopped then stood there. I turned to the boy and said “Quick get out of the way,” He ran to the side with presumably his mom and dad.
Sir that was the last of your fire reserves,
I know, now what did I say about the info come on Omega.
Omega shut up then I tuned back to the ice golem. I said “don’t like fire very much do you? Or maybe you just got confused because someone actually got in your way.” It grumbled then icicles appeared all over its body created a spiked armor. I pulled Felix’s sword off my back and said “You want to go… lets go mother f***er.” It launched forwards and slammed down a heavy fist. I dodged slid under it and cut its leg out from under it. It fell down then I jumped onto of its body. I beheaded it then looked at the second ice golem, this one was much larger in scale and looked smarter as well. It waited to make its attack then just as I felt a sprinkle of ice on my back it launched forwards. I put up my sword to deflect its own icicle shaft, they hit together then the sword I was wielding cut in half.
My eyes went wide then I took the remaining half of my sword and threw it into its body. It stuck there but did no real damage. It roared in triumph then made a move to launch forward and finish things off. I smiled then let a blast of electricity shoot from my hands and into the ice golem. It first hit the remaining part of the sword then it spread through the whole golem killing it in instants. I turned towards the Sylva and let loose another electric attack. They all disintegrated. I turned around to face the reinforcements, there were two war beasts, these ones were blue and white in color but still had the same shape as the ones I was used to. I shot a blast of electricity at one of them killing it immediately, the other with more brains started running away. I made a move to shoot another blast of electricity then my lighting went and hit a metal pole connected to a building.
I lowered my hand and the towns people stared at with shock at first, then they started cheering. A gust of wind blew off my hood and the town turned to see the boy with blonde hair who they would soon come to know as… Sol. 

Stella

We reached the top of the mountain with little surprise to see a note and a portal. On the note it read ‘Find Sol’ I didn’t make any emotion come onto my face as I stepped into the portal. When I find you… We are going to have a very long talk… and he is going to explain what the f*** Is happening.

“Felix, Violet, tell me what you two can do.” Violet turned to me and said “Well we kind of have two very different ways of our abilities.” I stared at the brunette in confusion, her hazel eyes scanned my body for a reaction. “Let me guess, you can use an element and Felix can use transmutation circles?” A look of surprise grew on her face then she nodded.
“What element can you use?” I asked. Violet held out her hands and a couple seconds later electricity shot through her hands and hit the ground. My eyes went wide and said “Wow, thats a sign to behold. You said you never had a teacher before?” She nodded and I said “Naturally gifted then, well this is going to be a lot harder then expected.”
“What about me?” Felix asked. I replied “Felix you can use transmutation circles, that is something else entirely. In fact…” I took my bag off my back and pulled out a book. I handed it to Felix and said “Find a rock and try using some of these on them, at the end of each day I want you to have some sort of part of something done, at the end of each week I want you too have a full machine or weapon or something. Also the runes in that book, if you make a weapon and decide to put ruins on it, make sure you know the full properties… otherwise… Well lets not get into that.”
Before anyone could say anything else I said “Violet come with me.” I started walking away and she quickly followed.
Sir I have a training site in mind, its a tiny water fall followed by a cave and a open clearing.
Good can you send the location to my HUD?
Already on it sir.
Two miles later and lots of questions from Violet we landed in the clearing. I turned around and said “Are you ready?” She nodded and I said “What can you tell me about elements?” She replied “They are what control almost everything, we can use them as weapons to protect us if we need to…” Before she could continue I interrupted “You are completely and totally wrong.”
She gave me a strange look and I said “Elements aren’t something we can control. Nor do they control anything, elements are forces that are free flowing, constantly moving but never in control of themselves, for instance.” I made a bubble shield stopping the waterfall wit my telekinesis. “Some are more controlled then others, and for the record I can use the lightning element I just have no idea on how to… use it.”
“What?” Violet asked. “I guess I know how to summon it but were going to be learning together, but if I know anything about electricity its absorbing and releasing, So if this is anything like the way I am used to using it then at least we have a base.” I replied. She nodded and I said “Now if we want to get anywhere then we better get started.”
We walked into the middle of the clearing and I said “See that tree?” I pointed over to a spruce tree that was quite close to us. She nodded and I said “Shoot at it, see if you can hit it.” She lifted her hands and fired away, instead of a single burst of lightning it cracked into smaller bolts much like a real bolt.
I tried using it to hit the tree and while mine was a great deal more powerful it had the same effect. “So, we have run into our first problem. We can’t use it accurately.” Violet nodded and I said “Well, lets start brain storming on this. If we can’t use it at a long range safely it could be effective short range.” A new voice said “Or maybe you can start thinking of it like a circuit, maybe cause you know maybe thats how all controlled electricity works,” I turned to see Stella with a sarcastic vibe all around her.
I grinned and said “You found me!” She nodded and said “Maine spotted the portal as soon as we got close to it, York did some tinkering to hone it on to your location and we ended up here. Now we need you to come back to the Tower.” I frowned and said “Sorry, I can’t. Not until I know this village is safe.” A look of hot frustration appeared on her face and she said “Sol come on it’s only a small town it won’t affect anything.” I looked up at her and with a hot feeling roll up into my chest I said “Maybe I wasn’t clear, I am not leaving until I know this town is protected.”
The staring contest went on after that then she put a hand up to her earpiece, “Come in command, come in command.” She stopped for a second then said “We found the objective, it says it won’t leave until this town is protected… yes… thank you command.” She turned to me and held up one finger. “One month, you get one month to train whoever you chose to train with my help.” I was about to protest then I bit my tongue and nodded.
“So who is this?” Violet asked. A dawning of realization appeared on my face and I said “Oh Stella this is Violet, Violet this is Stella.” They shook hands and I said “Violet here has the ability to us the lightning element, I thought it would be a good learning experience for me as well so I decided to teach slash learn with her.”
Stella nodded and said “So how about this, we both know I am better at control then you but you are better at battling.” I nodded and she said “So I will teach her how to use it and you teach her how to attack with it.” I said “Very well, Want to switch off every week?” Stella nodded and I said “Okay I will go catch up with the other one.” Stella shrugged and I left the two girls to train by themselves.

Violet

I turned to the dirty blonde haired girl named Stella as Sol walked out of the clearing. The muscular blonde that was only a tiny bit taller then me winked at me then disappeared in the tree line. I turned to Stella and she immediately pulled a sword off her back and handed it to me. I picked it up then she said “This sword was given to me by that boy. I met him before we both went to the same school and trained together under the same captain. He doesn’t remember me but he saved me, he gave me the sword and told me to go somewhere safe. Days later I was found, I am the sole survivor of the Xabatican war. Sol saved me… he’s just the type of person to try and save everyone.”
“How does this tie to me and my training?” I asked. Stella replied “This is how I control my elements, a memory that I can hold onto to control the output of my elements. Maybe it will work for you as well.” I nodded and said “Shoot it like a circuit right?” Stella nodded and said “Remember small at first and don’t completely let loose.” I nodded and held out my hands. I focused on a memory, a strong one. A bolt of lightning shot out of my hands and hit the tree I was aiming at before. I got shot backwards after the shot.
“Good job, but don’t focus on something so sad next time.” Stella said. “How did you know?” I asked. Stella replied “The force was more then you expected and the bolt was completely controlled as if you were aiming for something that would hurt someone or something…” I nodded. I’m sorry Jade, I will avenge you.

Sol

“Hey kiddo” Felix turned to see me as I said the words. He finished drawing a circle then said “Hey,” He put his hands on the transmutation circle and the rock melted. He sighed and looked down. I smiled re-drew the circle he was using on the rock except this time in the right way. “Look at me as I activate it,” I clapped my hands together then hit the transmutation circle. The rock glowed for a second then it was a perfect crystallized circular stone.
“Woah, how did you do that?” Felix asked. I replied “When you draw a transmutation circle it has to be perfect, if you mess it up the object you use it one will inevitably melt, but for future reference that could be a life saver, if you think about it a transmutation circle has the power to create and destroy, and it believes in equivalent exchange, if its a big one it can take body parts or something like that, these smaller ones will take a second out of our life force or just require the elements of what you used it on.”
Felix nodded and I drew another one. “Now try to activate this one.” Felix clapped his hands together then hit the transmutation circle. The rock shifted and broke into a perfect cube. He looked dow at his hands and said “Did I do that?” I nodded and said “The book itself, that is what will keep you afloat. It has every circle that has been proven to work made by humans, I have a couple of my own notes in there and there are some of my masters notes. Just be careful Felix,”
The young boy nodded me and went back to work. I sighed as I heard another voice say “Your master?” I turned to see Fletcher and I nodded. He walked over to me and waved to Felix, he waved back then Fletcher said “Take this kid,” He handed him a bag, I glared at Fletcher and said “Those are Elf-stones aren’t they?” Fletcher nodded and said to Felix “Hold them in your hands and they will project the image of any transmutation circle you want, but it has to be drawn perfectly in your mind so don’t use them until your completely ready.” Felix asked “Um… Sir? Do they still have the same toll?” Fletcher nodded and said “It still takes equivalent exchange, but it reduces it greatly. Don’t loose them okay, they are rather hard to obtain.” Felix nodded.
“Will you come walk with me?” Fletcher asked. I nodded and we started away from Felix. “Why are you dealing with these people?” Fletcher asked. I chuckled and said “These are the border lands, the last people to have been born here to have elements was the first God Slayer, why do you think I’m here training these kids.” Fletchers eyes sharpened as he realized why I was doing it, “You think she is the descendant of Gaül don’t you?”
The first God Slayer…
Fletcher stepped in front of me and said “You realize the power of those people right?” I replied “You think I don’t?” He was about to reply when I said “Fletcher what is a slayer?” He said “Us, Sol I don’t have to tell you this…” I shook my head and said “Whats the difference between the Five slayers?” Fletcher sighed and said “i doubt you actually want me to answer this except there are five Slayer classes, the weakest being Demi-Gods, then it goes to Pluto Slayers, Then it goes to Satanic Slayers, then Dragon Slayers, then God Slayers. The five classes vary in types and fifteen are born every two centuries. Recently there numbers have been dwindling for some reason. There happy about your history lessen?”
“No, you see Fletcher I know your smarter then that. You know what a slayer really is.” He shook his head and said “I guess you got me,” I grinned and said “So why are you really here? Your really no stronger then a Pluto Slayer at most, which is still incredibly strong but we are on a completely different level then you.”
Fletcher turned away from me and said “Spar with me, ten minutes, No physical weaponry. You win I will leave, if I win you can’t tell anyone the reason I am here. Oh and you will see why I am here.” Without answering I launched forwards and did a spinning round house kick to his face. I was expecting to feel a force on my foot as it hit his face but he was no longer there. I jumped up to dodge his jab and landed with one knee bended and other straight out away from me. I teleported behind him and punched. I hit a wind wall and jumped out of the way as a shimmering whip of air grazed past my side.
I grunted as he kicked me in the stomach. I felt the wind direction around us change and suddenly we were both launched up into the air. We started a free fall fight. I teleported on top of hit and surged lightning into his bones. It went right through him and his body disappeared. I looked up and he was above me.
“Illusions?” My words didn’t make it to him from the ripping loud force of the wind. He skydived onto of me and planted me so I would hit the now incoming earth first. I tried teleporting but again I couldn’t keep my concentration with this much noise and so much stuff going on around me.
I got ready for impact but then nothing happened. I felt Fletcher jump off my back and I dropped into the ground. He had his arms crossed when I got up. “You have two separate ace abilities don’t you?” He nodded and I said “One allows you to amp up others around you and the other…” He finished my sentence with “The other amps up my power depending on how strong my opponent is.”
“Why are you here?” I asked. Fletcher replied “Sol, anyone with an ounce of strength felt that a couple weeks ago. I Sol am a God Slayer in terms of skill and ability. I knew instantly a true Slayer was born the moment that you let loose that much power. Your first time in the Dragon Force and you almost killed everyone around you, you are someone who won’t get that far at the rate your going. In fact almost everyone here can beat you if they truly tried. You Sol may be winning now but unless you can get some real training and soon then you will be left in the dust.”
I didn’t say anything after that. We walked in silence until we came back to the town. I turned to Fletcher and said “I will go back to the current place where I am staying, go meet up with the team.” Before I could get a response from him I went back to the Murrays house hold. When I got there I saw Violet out in the trees and Felix walking inside. I walked over to Violet and said “Figure out how to control it?” Violet nodded and said “A tiny bit, what about you?” I held up my hand and let electricity dance across it for a couple of seconds. “Control is what my first element was based off of. Why not the second?” Violet rolled her eyes and said “Glad to know you have mastered it…” I laughed and said “I wish, your probably a lot better then me right now, I just know how to use it when it is touching my skin itself, otherwise Im not having a lot of luck.”
Violet grinned and said “Well… Lets learn together.” I nodded and patted her on the back. I heard the loud screeching and cawing sound of a Falcon overhead. I pointed up to it and said “Where I come from Falcons were always a sign of good luck.” Violet smiled and said “Like Stella…” I didn’t here the last part of what she said and I asked “What was that?” Violet blushed and said “Nothing, Nothing, lets get inside now. Dinner is probably ready.” I smiled as she ran into her home.
Omega, do we have a confirmation?
The hair sample says that there is a 99.99 percent chance of her being a God Slayer,
Thank you Omega, Log off
As you wish sir.

Twenty-Seven days later

I blocked Violets electric charged sword with my own, I dodged her blast of lightning by sidestepping. I slid next to her and held my blade across her throat, “Death blow” I smiled as she put her own ruin engraved sword back in its sheath.
“Next time I will win,” Violet said. I replied “Maybe you will.” I heard Stella’s voice ring out across the clearing “Sol it’s time to head out, say your good byes. Its time to head out past the border lands!” I turned away from Violet and yelled “One second!” Violet turned to me and I said “Can you get Felix and come back here with him?” Violet nodded.
A little while later I heard the two coming towards me. They came into view and I said “Listen you two, my team has talked the general into sending military guards to protect all areas around the border lands. Because of this you two no longer have an immediate need to stay here and protect your town, both of you have grown quite a lot in the past month and I wanted you two to know this.” I took a deep breath in and said “You two have been officially invited to join our team and get specialized military training, Violet you are strong in many ways… you can adapt, you are fast, and you have a great knack for learning quickly. And Felix, your ability to memorize transmutation circles has been surprising and makes you a formidable opponent to anyone who fights against you. You are both very strong so we as a team agreed that we would have you and the general Ok’d it. So we would like you two to join us.” Violet and Felix looked at each other then finally Violet spoke, “were in, thank you for the offer.” I let a big gasp of ir escape me from all the suspense. I nodded and said “your parents have been notified we are leaving at once.”
They both nodded and my team came into the clearing. I turned to Maine and said “We have a package coming, right? If I heard correctly.” I heard North’s voice behind me said “Already here actually, they thought my ability as a tracker would help you. Why do we need to go past the border lands anyway? Isn’t that making us head straight into what used to be Zorokle?” Maine nodded and said “Straight through the demon lands, Command got a high elemental reading about 78 miles into Zorokle, they think its more Elf-stones.”
Fletcher nodded and said “Everybody ready?” There was a chorus of “yeah” from all of us. “Then lets move out!”. I smiled as we all started running. We passed the border and we were now officially in demon territory.
We continued running for a long while, Violet and Felix were surprisingly keeping pace with us. We stopped at a river and Fletcher said “We will take a ten minute break here, Sol I need you to get a lay of the land. North I need to know how close we are to the objective. Maine secure the perimeter.” We all nodded and I teleported across the river. I saw a hill in the distance. I ran to the top of that, when I looked down at the land in front of me my face fell into an expression of horror. All around me was death, not a tree to be seen, a barren waste land.

Fletcher

I looked at North and beckoned her to me, “How close are we?” She closed her eyes then opened them again, “eight miles away from the objective, wait seven miles, now six,” Her eyes went wide as she realized something. I asked “Whats wrong!” Her voice shaky when she answered me “It’s moving, the source is moving at a great speed.” My eyes went wide, I yelled “Maine get back here!” Maine came crashing through the bushes and I heard Stella yell “Where Is Sol!” I looked around and realized he wasn’t back yet. I was about to yell for Sol to come back when we heard it, a boom so loud wind came through and brushed our clothes and hair. A red light appeared in the sky right after the sound. I yelled “SOL!”

Sol

I stared over the wasteland frozen in shock. I took a step back then I saw it, a human it looked like. It was flying at speeds I could hardly comprehend, It was getting closer by the second and It was aimed directly at me. It had a red aurora around it and it was getting closer by the second.
“Fear my return…” were the only words I heard before I felt a great pain enter my chest and I was launched backwards. That was all I felt as my body crashed through the trees and the booming sound came through the sky.
Healing unit is running… Sir are you Okay?
I felt Omega saying something in my head, probably something about the healing unit. I felt my mind slipping. I looked down and there was blood all over my clothes. I heard more screams over the wind, I felt my consciousness leave my body and I closed my eyes. “Sorry dad, I wasn’t strong enough…”

Three Years Ago

I hid behind a tree as they brought out the ashes of my mother and father in there coffins. I could see my friends, the military was there as well as my siblings. When my uncle went to speak he said “I didn’t know Martha very well, but I did know Jake. He was a great man, a great friend, brother, and soldier. Jake was a guiding light in the war, the only thing that he would ever do is get back up. Jake was the man who would help every body and everyone if the need arises. Heh… In fact if Jake were here right to say something I bet he would be saying ‘get back up, a new days arises and a new you will as well, so get back up…”

Present day

“Get back up! Get back up!” I opened my eyes expecting to see my father after hearing his voice. “Protect them Sol! GET BACK UP!” I heard the voice again “YOU ARE SOL! PROTECT THEM!” I pulled myself up onto one knee. “I am Sol!” I heard a rustling sound not expecting my attacker to be so close to me. The man said “What was that? Your not dead?” I said again “I am Sol Bane Grace! And I WILL GET BACK UP!” I felt energy course through my body, a red tint grew to everything around me. I could see lines of energy flowing around me, little words in a language I couldn’t read appeared on the ground. My arm started glowing as well.
“A Slayer… Well this is certainly new… My name is Sam, I am a God Slayer and I will wipe out the entire human race!” The man had a serious yet crazy look in his eye as he said it. I launched at the man with no further notice. A blast of wind appeared from my own attack as I punched him. I released my arm sword, a red energy covered the blade part of it. Sam summoned forth a spear made of pure light.
I heard screams from my friends as they arrived on the scene. Sam and I both launched forward at the same time, I blocked his own spear attack with my sword. I now noticed everything the spear touched it burned, but the red light around my sword was protecting it from being cut. A blast of wind launched away from us as our attacks connected. I took my free hand and launched every bit of electricity I could muster up at the moment and shot it at him.
He went flying backwards as the attack hit him. I heard a laughing sound as he said “Wow, that tickled… Now its my turn…” I heard someone yell my name, then it happened. A beam of energy appeared from out of sky and hit Sam, his whole body absorbed it then his body got a red tint along with his eyes glowing red. He said in a deeper voice then before, “Red is the color of Chaos, an ability we both posses. Sol you said your name was, I want you to join me! Together we can rule!” In response to that, I put my hands forward. I started absorbing all the energy around us, I knew the transmutation circle Felix had drawn around them was shielding them from all attacks. Now I was hoping it was strong enough.
The light around us instantly disappeared and the ground started freezing, along with the energy radiating off of Sam’s body. The amount of power I was intaking was painful, it felt like my body was being teared up then sown up again over and over. I let out a scream of pain as I took more of the energy, then it all stopped. Sam launched forward, I raised my blade to counteract with his spear, I put all the energy of all the types I had into my sword then a sonic boom left us and hit everything around us.
I felt my body get launched back and I landed in the dirt. I looked up expecting to see Sam hovering over me with his spear over my head but instead I felt more energy gathering up, I saw my team standing over me, all of them in there Dragon Force state, Felix had transmutation circles floating around him, and Violet… her body was switching in and out of some state, letters were appearing over her hands as her eyes were switching out of blue then back to there green color.
Then it happened, a beam of light struck all my companions and standing over us was  girl I have never seen before. She took out her sword then launched forwards, she said something and my team followed suit. I closed my eyes hoping everything would be okay and let sleep over take my soul.

A couple minutes later
“Sol wake up!” I heard another voice, “He’s awake, give him some time.” I opened my eyes to see Stella hovering over my face. I sat up and said “What happened?” Locus said “This girl right here,” He gestured to a girl standing to my right, “Was hunting down this Sam and helped us fight him off.” I asked “Did we get him?” Locus shook his head and said “Everyone but Stella the girl and I were knocked out, were hoping they will come to soon. That guy was crazy,” I nodded and said “Whats your name?” Looking over at the girl. “Jade, I’m a God Slayer, I have been hunting down the entity known as Sam for a month, I have been given orders for General Grace to bring you back to the Tower.” I looked at her and said “You work for the military?” She chuckled and said “You think your the only secret weapon there raising?” I didn’t say anything after that.
After a while Stella piped up and said “Jade… Violet mentioned someone with your names a couple of times before, said something about you dying once durning one of our meditation lessons.” Jade laughed a bit then said “Violet over there? Yeah she’s an old friend, girl never knew when to quit.” She shuddered then said “Thinking of it if she knew I was alive and didn’t come to find her then… Well that would be a sight to behold,” I asked “What do you mean?” Jade replied “Lets just say she would loose control and trust me when someone like her looses control that is just a disaster waiting to happen.” Locus said “So how are you going to hide yourself from her?” Jade replied “I’m not…”

Violet screamed for what seemed to be the one millionth time to let her out of the lighthouse cell, I turned to her and said “Violet were sorry and whatever back story you have with Jade will have to wait for a bit, then you can knock her skull out.” Jade turned her head towards me and glared. Violet yelled “God Damnit Sol! Let me out!”
“Maybe you should cut him a break, I mean come on Violet he taught you how to use your power.” Jade looked at me dead in the eye as she said it. Violet screamed “YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! You stupid…” Her voice shuddered and tears ran through her eyes and she finally fell down on her knees in defeat.
I nodded to Violet and caught up with Locus, “Hey” he said. I replied “Hi,” Locus looked at me and said “Rough going over there?” I nodded and he said “Why do you try to resolve unresolvable conflicts?” I smiled and said “Dude come on, we’ve been over this. For people like us nothing is impossible it is just extremely hard. Which means no thing is unresolvable if I try,” Locus looked at me with a sense of hopelessness and said “Sol you realize that is not the most perfect mind set?” I hummed a tune and in a happy voice said “Yes I do, but that does not mean its not okay for me to try.” Locus sighed and said “Your hopeless dude,”
“Eh he could be worse,” We both turned to see Cain come walk to us. “I mean he could be thinking every thing could be saved, for instance he could think that if we stepped on a single blade of grass the world could end.” Locus looked up and said “Your right, that could have happened.” I feigned a look of hurt on my face and said “Im not that gullible,” Locus ruffled my hair and said “Keep on telling yourself that…” I glared up at him then Jade said “We will stop here to rest for the night, everyone unpack.” Violet said “Can someone let me out of here now?” I looked over at Jade and she finally nodded her head. I smiled and let go in my grip of the lighthouses.
Violet fell to the ground then started charging at Jade, I sighed and said “Come on seriously Violet.” She kept on charging, Jade side stepped and Violet tripped onto the ground. Jade said “Now as I was saying everyone unpack and get some rest. I’ll take first watch.”
We all put our our sleeping bags and Stella lit us a fire. I moved my sleeping bag closer to the fire and pointedly closer to Stella. The moon held high over us and the sound of snores filled the night, even Violet was asleep alas it did take a lot of freezing cold ice in her hair to sleep closer to the fire.
I got up to go commune with nature, once I got back Jade was sitting next to the fire writing in a book. She looked up at me and said “You couldn’t fall asleep?” I nodded and said “Not after what happened in the past two days.” Jade nodded and said “You know putting up that act will tire you out and hurt you eventually,” I shrugged and said “Someone here has to brighten the mood.” Jade looked down at the fire, I said “Whats the book?” She blushed immediately and said “If I tell you will you promise not to tell anyone?” I nodded and she said “its Violet and mines old diary of sorts, we would write down stuff about each other and let the other read it. Even if it was something horrible it helped us get through the rough and good times of our relationship.”
I grinned and said “For some reason I’m not that surprised,” Jade looked at me and said “What do you mean?” I looked pointedly at her and said “Someone like Violet doesn’t come clean well with words, she is usually very cheerful I would say, I may not have known her for long but I do know that she will understand that whatever it is that you did you did it to help her.” Jade stared off into the night sky and said “it was a long time ago, on a night just like this one,” I put my hands up and made a moving motion back and forth with them, I said “Woah woah woah, wait one second. If were going to do flash backs then I want you to know I can be really good or bad with this stuff so just in case your looking for help I’m the wrong guy to go to.” Jade chuckled after I said that and said “No, you have it all wrong. I just need to tell someone this and If I’m being honest your the only person who has shown me kindness in this group.” I eventually nodded and said “go on…”

Jade
Seven years ago

I turned to Violet and said “AHA! I am the mighty princess of poodle-vill! I shall defeat you!” I hefted up my wooden katana and she hefted up hers. We clashed blades and laughed as we spouted taunts at each other.
Violet snapped her sword down at my leg, I jumped up spun in the air and brought my sword down on her left shoulder at a slant so if it were real it would have sliced right through her, I smiled and said “Death blow!” Violet turned to me and said “no frat you used your elements!” I laughed so hard my stomach started to hurt, Violet just stared at me as if something were direly wrong with me and after a minute she started laughing to. Eventually I said “Violet there is no way I could beat you without my elements. I hope you know that, your just too strong for me to beat.”
Violet shrugged and said “Must be because Im so awesome,” I used the wind to push my body back up then said “But just before I say anything else I want you to know something,” She looked up at me with a loo of wonder in her eyes, I tapped my toe on her stomach and said “tag your it!” We ran and laughed for hours after that.

Two years Ago
Jade

Violet turned to me and said “Whatever happens promise you won’t leave?” I kissed her and said “What do you think my answer is babe?” Violet sighed and said “Same as always,” She kissed me and I smiled. Violet handed me the book and finally said “But we both know that has to happen, your leaving tomorrow and there is nothing we can change.” I said with a little less bit of playfulness in my voice “Thats why we have to make the most out of what we have now,”
Violet sighed again and said “I want you to have our book, and don’t you go dying on me okay? Swear to me.” I rolled my eyes and said “I swear to my lord Violet that I will not die on my quest to save the world.” Violet hugged me and said “Good enough.”

Seven months ago
Violet

The military soldier came running through the town, I looked to the town square as I heard the scream. The soldiers was holding a knife to one of the elders of the town. “Stop right there! Not another step!” He had a scary shakiness in his voice as he said those words, “Not another step or she gets it!” Then it happened, A katana protruded through the soldier and he slumped to the ground, as well as the elderly women. The elder died almost instantly and I turned to see the persons face who committed the deed.
She flashed in and out of the light but I could make out the slightest details, “Jade… Why?” Jade flashed me a look of pity then amplified her voice and said “The nearest town to the east has fallen! This town is now what marks the border lands! For those of you who were wondering why I did what I did to the soldier I will have you know that this man kind napped women and raped them! He also committed several accounts of treason!”
I screamed “And the elder!” Jade turned to me and said “Collateral damage,” I almost flew into a rage of fury after those words were spoken. “Go kill yourself” I practically spat out those words. Jade shook her head and disappeared.

Present day,
Sol

“Oh,” That was all I could say after she told me the stories. Jade nodded her head and said “I was kinda of a dick at the end of it all. The elder I didn’t mean to kill, she was just in the way and I value the lives of many over the life of one.” I looked at her dead in the eye and said “Violet will eventually under stand, I am not saying she will understand now but she will understand eventually.” Jade nodded and I said “Get some rest I’ll take the next watch.” Eventually I heard her snores and she fell asleep.
“Never allowed to get some rest,” I whispered to myself, “Just like the rest of us.” I looked up at the starry night. “Omega begin informant transfer,” “Right away sir, all data of entity 0007, given name Sam, is being uploaded to your HUD.” The screen in my left eye glowed then it covered my whole face, I was looking at every instance of someone like Sam being alive or instances of Sam showing up himself. There was never direct contact but the more Omega hacked into military files the more I found out and the more I found out the more I began to know my enemy. There was never much but eventually I found stuff like a city wiped out over night, by a single entity. Other instances of a Divine Light and Unholy darkness user wiping out whole military squads in seconds, something too fast for the eyes to see.
“Omega shut down running sequence save all data collected, any non encrypted files that you have found keep in an open folder, everything encrypted I want sent to my personal HUD, anything you have not finished yet continue working on it.” “As you wish Sir,”  My HUD disappeared and I was left back to stare at the starry night.
The slow realization of loss
Sol
One week later

General Grace turned to us and asked “How was your experience?” To none of our surprise Maine piped up and said “I freaking hate you, the mountain first then finding Sol then letting him stay and train them for a month FOR NO GOD DAMN REASON!” General Grace calmly replied “Well look at it this way, you have two new strong editions to your team.” Maine rolled his eyes and stayed quite after that.
“Who the f*** is Sam?” Stella yelled after that. General Grace made a service chuckling kinda of laugh “Um… long story short he is what we call a God Slayer working to fully restrict the being known as Lucifer. We think at least, someone last week hacked into our database and stole a lot of files on him. We don’t know who it is but they are currently one of our largest threats if there on the wrong side.” Locus asked “how many is a lot?” Bridger walked in and said “All of them, which if we counted down would be 43 files, 36 of which are encrypted and hopefully the hacker will not be able to de-encrypt them.”
York looked over at me and I kept my head staring at the two soldiers who were lecturing us. Bridger continued and said “Now we do know this entity is preparing for something big, like we need multiple armies to stop him big. Thus you will all be staring special training with different instructors to make you better and stronger, All of you should have just gotten a message from your HUD saying who you need to report to. Sol and Jade hang back we need to have a talk with your two.”
As soon as the team left the room General Grace turned to us and said “You two need a different training regimen. Jade he can sense your power because of the fact that your a God slayer, Sol he can sense you because your power mixed with your determination makes you someone who can get in his way, now he knows both of you so you two are going to be on a much more different training regimen then every one else. You two will fight each other, I want each of you to give it your all. Once one of you fail I want you to train like hell until you can beat the other, You two are one of our greatest weapons against the incoming threat, we expect you to be ready to defeat it when the time comes. Now after you fight do whatever training necessary to beat the other because both of you, I will have you know he is much stronger and alone you have almost no chance of beating him. Two weeks is what you get, if your training takes you off campus then so be it. Just be ready for the next mission we send you out on. And Sol I will have you know you are the weakest, if you can’t figure out a way to get even close to beating her then your getting kicked out of this military.”
We both nodded and the General said “Good now get into positions the arena is yours for however long it takes.” Again we both nodded. We both walked down to the arena, weapons were all over the walls in the waiting room. I picked up to tomahawks and put them in sheaths on my belt. Once I stepped out into the arenas light Jade was waiting for me, full clad in a glowing blue armor with a giant katana drawn in front of her.  I pulled out both tomahawks and got ready for the incoming attack. We both nodded then the room flashed for a second and the fight was on.
I launched forward taking the offensive before she could think of reacting. Before I knew it she was in front of me bringing the katana down. I teleported to the side of her and tried striking with one of my tomahawks. It hit her armor and bounced off ineffectively. I gritted my teeth and she smiled.
She side stepped, spun and made a strike at my side. I deflected with both tomahawks and sent a bolt of electricity running down in her weapon. Once it hit her armor it stopped and disappeared. “What the hell is with your armor?” She round house kicked at me and I dodged under then she said “My elements allow me to create it…” She made to jabs both of which I deflected then she said “combining water and air, the two elements most used for neutralizing attacks it makes quite the shield.” I sweep kicked at her and she jumped up then I punched at her stomach. “Any chance you will tell me how to beat it?” In response she took her sword and stabbed at me.
I side stepped just in time then I heard “Sir her armor has a weak spot, for it to allow her to move it has to create small air pockets around her body in the libs that are moving, if you can hit one of those at the right moment the whole shield will come down.” I nodded and did a back hand spring to escape her next attack. I started backpedalling to make it seem as if though I were running away. She launched forward and I got in a position to throw one of my tomahawks. “Aim for her stomach… NOW!” I let the tomahawk fly into her stomach and instantly the shields went down.
“You found out a way to beat my armor, thats a first. No one has been able to see that weakness yet.” Jade said in amazement. I smiled and said “Who says it was me who found it?” I spun and threw my remaining tomahawk. It buried into her shoulder and I said “I won’t be the one loosing this,” Jade’s face turned blank then a expression so horrifying appeared on it for a moment I was actually scared. Her eyes glowed with green light and she said “Might want to rethink that,”
She launched forward and I jumped out of the way of her now incoming sword. She slashed again and I dodged barely evading each strike that was now coming at me. I yelled out “Sü Feeła Hałâ Aśtałø!” A new energy entered my body as I summoned my dragon force form, Jade looked genuinely surprised and she said “You can speak eleven?” I nodded and said “I was reading one of there books a couple months ago and realized I could enter my Dragon Force form with a simple spell.” Jade nodded and said “So you can use eleven magic?” I said “A bit, for instance.” I started speaking rapidly and elven words appeared around me. “Aßkałœ fāłtô šālžo Gene Saßįlø Kãtørçė!” A ball appeared in front of me then it launched forward and hit Jade,  it exploded on impact destroying everything around us.
Jade appeared from the smoke nodding her head and said “nice,” My face grew a look of horror realizing she wasn’t even scratched “What the hell?” Was all I said before her feet left the ground and there was an aching pain in my stomach. I looked down and her sword had been stabbed straight threw me. My body slipped out of its Dragon Force form after the excess amount of force on the spell. Jade pulled her sword out of my chest and said “You know they didn’t have the respawn in on this room right?” My eyes looked at her in shock and realized thats why my body was feeling so much pain, this wasn’t a simulated battle. She pulled her sword out of me and I let my body slip into the now cascading view of darkness.

Felix

“Holy s***!” I looked at the screen as Sol launched the array of an elf spell. The whole screen was down for a couple seconds before it got back up staring directly at Jade who seemed relatively unscathed by the attack. Violet turned to me and said “So what she’s strong, she had the fight in the bag from the beginning. Im surprised Sol even knew how to take out her armor but surviving her in her God Force form is something no one at this time can do.”
My face no doubt had an expression of awe as she struck Sol down, the microphones were blown out from the explosion but we could see her say something to Sol before he passed out on the ground.

Sol
The next day

“You sure about this?” I nodded and signed the forms. Jade shrugged and said “Okay well good luck with whatever your going to do.” I nodded again and limped out of the school. I was on my way to the elven village Forsakêr, a place I grew up in. They taught me how to read write and speak elven. And the best mage I know lives in that town, It’s time for my road trip. I called out the words hoping the spell would work “Cáin Salo Portæłià! Forsakêr!” A portal appeared in front of me. I stepped through and found myself right in front of a giant mountain. I recognized it seeing as I had climbed it many times before. I grinned and looked up at the shining sky, I was on the border of the elven human lands.

I climbed over the last part of the mountain my chest aching from the sword wound I previously achieved from fighting against Jade. I heard a bell ringing and I looked up at the sun, it was well before there apprentice meet and greet time so the only real assumption I had… I sighed as I heard a familiar voice yell “Hands on your head human!” I turned around and said “Really Chuck? Thats how you treat an old friend?” The elf smiled and said “Ah Sol my friend!” He came up and hugged me, “Why have you come back? It’s been so long!” I chuckled and said “Ah you know me just wanted to say hi to some old friends, maybe get some training in… the usual.” Chuck shook his head and said “And here I thought you were finely going to do something with Miriam.”
My heart grew with a pang that hurt quite badly after I heard that name. I smiled anyway putting my memories of the nice, hot, white haired, elf behind, “Come on Chuck, we both know that was a thing of past. I doubt she still likes me at all after I left.” Chuck shook his head and said “Dude come on, you two would have been a great couple, I mean you spent every day with her anyway. Everyone thought you two were a couple its just you never pulled through and grew the balls to ask her out.”
“What about you and Sasha?” I asked trying to move the subject away from Miriam. Chuck said “Bro you should already have that figured out by now,” I felt someone ruffle my hair from behind, I turned back but there was no one there. When I looked back at Chuck I saw the Dark brown haired elf named Sasha kissing his cheek. “Good point” I said. Sasha hugged me and said “long time no see Sol!” I patted her on the back and said “Yeah it has been, you figured out how to control that teleportation spell yet?” In response Sasha spat out a few words and she teleported behind me. I smiled and said “Well thats cool and all but…” I teleported behind her ruffled her hair then teleported behind Chuck.
Sasha muffled “No fair! I worked on the teleportation spell for two years! And you can just do it!” She was eating a biscuit then I said “First off where did you get that?” She looked at the food in her hands and said “Oh I keep a stash os biscuits on hand just in case I ever get hungry.” I slapped my hand to my face and said “of course you do.” She flashed me a smile then said “Actually though how did you do that?” I replied “Elements, turns out I have control over some of them. And for some reason I can use elven spells so life works out most the time for me.” Chuck slapped me on the back and said “Most the time dude, most the time.” He pointed over to a guard tower that was yelling “PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR OR WE WILL SHOOT!”
I turned to Chuck and said “Watch this,” I yelled back at the guard tower “IM GOOD! YOU CAN OPEN FIRE IF YOU WANT!” Chuck laughed then I said “Pròtèčtö!” A shield appeared around all of us as the fire balls rained down, I yelled “Good to see you haven’t lost your touch Jason!” I heard a laughing sound over the voice amplifiers then Jason's voice rang out “Sol is that you!” I lifted up a rock and put it up and down. A couple minutes later a couple of horses were riding towards us with Jason leading the charge.
When he reached us he said “Sol it really is you, good to see that you still like to move historical and special objects.” I looked at the rock and realized there was elvish writing all over it, I put it down gently. I rubbed the back of my head nervously and said “You know me always a handful.” Jason rolled his eyes and said “I believe you might want a ride,” We all nodded mounted up and Jason brought us into the city gates, Jason dismounted jumped up excitedly and said “i’ll go tell the Princess we will have a friends night out feast type of thingy… IN YOUR HONOR!” I laughed patted him on the back and said “Have fun dude,” As he ran way I turned back to Chuck and Sasha then said “Wait did he say the princess,” The blonde muscular elf nodded and I said “Ahh shoot.”
Chuck shrugged and said “I assume you would like to go talk to Samsonnite?” I nodded and he said “he should be teaching right now, you should go drop by before the town knows you are here,” I nodded and started running towards my old school.
Eventually I reached the sphere shaped school and stepped foot inside, there was a class of kids a little bit older then me being taught by my old professor, he looked up and saw me standing in the door way. Samsonnite smiled and said “And spells like that can allow things like this to happen,” He walked up to me and said “I’m sure you all remember Sol,” They all nodded and one of them called out “Wait thats thee Sol! The one that passed all three placement tests with no magic!” Samsonnite nodded and said “The one and only, also the only human to learn how to use magic in centuries.” Some of the elves I didn’t recognize looked at me with a great wonder, others looked at the ground and a very select few stared at me intently waiting for me to say something. Samsonnite said “BUT! He did interrupt our class so how about he demonstrates the next spell we will be working on today!” A magic box appeared around me and Samsonnite said “This is one thing Sol was able to work perfectly with. The art of double casting spells creating new spell that we have never seen before. For instance the attack spell known as ‘Black Hole Sphere of Light’ is one of his own creations! Sol would you please demonstrate how to use that spell in a small space without hurting the user?”
“Not even a hello how are you?” I half joked. Samsonnite said “You did interrupt my class and you know how it is eye for an eye giant explosion for walking into my class.” I sighed and put up my hands, Golden accent Elven words appeared around me as I got ready for the block spell as I called it. “Aßkałœ fāłtô šālžo Gene Saßįlø Kãtørçė Šprëmà Čaśało Pròtèčtö!” A black orb appeared in front of me and hit the wall of the box. Instantly everything around me turned hot then the protection plus healing spell I added in there kicked in and did there work.
Once the dust cleared the class stared in awe at what I had done, even though I was the weakest of my friend group I was still pretty damn good at magic. The box went down and I landed safely on the ground, “That class is a damn good block spell by the looks of it, Sol here specializes in two things. Combing spells, and deciphering then using ancient magic. Sol here may suck at all basic Elf Magic but somehow he can stay afloat with all advanced magic thus the reason we took him in in the first place.” He turned back to the class chanted out a few words then each students was put in a individual box.
“Chant the words Sol used until you have the spell right, it two hours class will be dismissed use a light spell if you have a question for me.” They all nodded then started chanting the words I used. He turned back to me and said “So what do I owe the pleasure?” I smiled and said “Lying and small talk never works with you so I’m going to be straight forward here. I need help, There is a being known as Sam and judging from the files I have read it seems like he is trying to restrict Lucifer. On top of that he is a God Slayer, one of the strongest in existence mind you.” Samsonnite lost his happy go lucky face and put on a serious one, “That technology doesn’t work inside our borders if I assumed correctly,” I nodded and said “Not even my arm sword will work, but that aside from the point.” Samsonnite put up a hand and said “tomorrow we will get you re armed with some elvish weaponry. This time I will allow you to keep it.” I turned to him and said “Sir again thats aside from the point,” All I got after that was “Tomorrow, meet me at the armory at eight o’clock sharp, got that then we can start training you to be stronger. We have some weapons and items that might help you get past this wall of yours, for now take this.” He handed me a dagger, I looked down at it and it had the share runes on the blade as my old dagger. “You kept it all this time?” He nodded and said “Never know when some elf might jump you right?” I was about to say thank you but then he made a moving motion with his hands and said “Now shoo! I have classes to teach and I believe you have a get together to get ready for, go up to your old room I am already having one of the imps bring you a pair of clothes.” I nodded and ran up the stairs.
I eventually found room 204 and stepped inside, it was the same as how I left it save for the new change of elvish clothes left on the bed. There was still my old ancient elf magic book on the table and in my book shelf I noticed every single one of my personal diary’s about demon magic mixed with elf magic. Something I would no doubt continue my research on in my time here. Above my old bed hung my first elven weapon, a one sided blade with a slight curve towards the top. I walked over to my bed undressed and put on the array of brown and silver outfits. I looked at myself in the mirror. It was a warriors outfit, a sheath on the back which currently held no sword, it had one long sleeve covering up my tattooed arm and one short sleeve showing off my metal arms. It had long pants and combat boots. It didn’t have a hood either. Much to my disliking. I chanted a few words and the illusion surrounding my hair disappeared. My blonde hair went back to white as my illusion magic wore off, something in the air when I first moved here changed my hair color and it never changed back so eventually I gave up on using hair dye and started using illusion magic.
I heard Chuck say “You look nice,” I turned back around and he was wearing his own Elvin garments. He had his spear slung across his back and I said “Are we all bringing our weapons?” Chuck nodded and said “It’s been two years, almost three. We have some catching up to do, we get to see who is the strongest now.” I rolled my eyes and said “Frigging Dragon Slayers,” Chuck put his hand out in a wide arc and said “The strongest in the land… So now we get to test who the strongest is!”
“You aren’t winning this time Chuck,” Jason voice said as he walked into the room. Chuck laughed and said “Oh we will see about that, magic and everything is allowed. Of course Sol will be the easiest to take down,” I smiled and said “Come on guys give me some credit, I may not be the best at magic but I still have some skill.” Chuck patted me on the back and said “Right buddy, the girls here?” Jason replied “Miriam, Sasha, and Alice are all waiting outside for us, Sol grab your sword lets blow this joint!” I took my sword off the wall and placed it in my sheath. Jason with his war axe said “Your still going with the sword?” I nodded and said “And this time we will all be fighting our strongest,” Chuck rubbed his hands together and said “Ohhh sounds like someone has a secret power,” I grinned and said “You will see, when you loose of course.” 
 We all walked out of my door and made the trek downstairs where the girls were eating for us. The moment I stepped outside the black haired tiny elf with green eyes jumped into my arms and said “Sol your back! They weren’t lying!” I smiled and said “You got it,” She let go of me and went back to her normal calm demeanor. I turned to Miriam and said “Hi,” She replied “Hi,” After a couple seconds I said “Umm… its nice to see you,” She replied “You too,” She looked over at Sasha for help and then she spotted out “What the hell? Come on guys you both know each other better then that! That was so awkward it practically killed me!” I looked at the white haired elf standing in front of me, her golden eyes practically glowed as she scanned me, I took her in as well. Finally I stopped and hugged her and said “Sasha’s right but first order of business I have to tell you all,” I took a deep breath and then said “i’m sorry for leaving without saying good bye to most of you, I know I left a letter but It was still a dick move and I am truly sorry for it.”
There was a chorus of ‘it’s fine’ from everyone but Miriam, I stared at her then she walked closer to me and slapped me across the face, “That was for scaring me!” Then she grabbed my shirt and kissed me on the cheek, “And that is for coming back to me…” She blushed and then said “Us I meant us,” She looked down and Sasha said “Oh does Her Royal Highness still have a crush?” Miriam stomped on Sasha’s foot and said “it’s not like that!” Chuck said “Okay whatever you say princess,” It seemed impossible but Miriam's face somehow got redder then before. “Fine, same place?” Chuck nodded and said “I have the food, we eat we drink then we test each other.” 
We all nodded then started out for a special clearing in the mountains, it was surrounded by ancient elven magic that would once six members entered it would stay locked in a magical barrier until everyone but one fell asleep or was knocked out. We eventually reached the clearing and we all sat down and ate dinner. We talked, laughed, joked, and had a good time.
Alice looked up at me at one point and said “Hey Sol?” I responded with “Whats up?” She replied “I wanted to ask you about your arm,” everyone quieted down after that. I said “Well it’s one of the reasons I came here, out in the border lands and in human territory there has been reports of demons attacking more aggressively and constant. There is a man out there named Sam who is a God Slayer, unlike you Dragon Slayers, he is a very strong and capable being and he is trying to revive Lucifer. About two months after I left this city I got called upon to save a military squad in the Xabatican Uprising, it was interrupted by a major demon attack, they summoned Lucifer back from the dead if only for mere seconds. I used a giant transmutation circle surrounding the city to kill him before he could regain any of his power. But you know transmutation circles and there costs, I lost my right arm and my left leg because of it.”
They all nodded and said “Got any gadgets hooked up in those?” I replied “nothing I can use right now, being around lots of magical energy puts machines in a kind of haywire state so as long as I don’t force anything with them were in the clear.”` Chuck nodded and said “Is everybody ready?” Everyone nodded then he added “To loose to me, Winner has to heal everyone no lethal shots either” We all smiled and then pulled out our weapons.
Jason drew his Axe, Chuck took out his Spear, Sasha took out her knives, Alice drew an arrow into her bow, Miriam took her spear off her back which was technically a sword with two ends, and then finally I drew my sword. Chuck threw up the coin, once it hit the ground we all launched ourselves at each other.
I slid under an arrow and slammed my blade at Sasha’s legs. She jumped back only to be caught by the flat of a running Jason’s war axe. They both tumbled into the ground then immediately god back up. I heard the whooshing sound of an arrow flying, I put my sword up and deflected the arrow. I heard Chuck chanting a spell, I instantly recognized it as a combustion spell. I yelled “Pròtèčtö!” A shield went up around my body as Chuck exploded the battle field. The others followed my lead and made a shield before the explosion got to them.
I teleported behind Chuck and sweep kicked his legs out from under him, he fell then I heard the sound of a blade attacking my eleven o’clock. I ducked as I saw one of Miriam’s blades pass over where I was just milliseconds ago. I turned around jabbed t her stomach then kicked Chuck back down. I heard more chanting as Alice drew back her bow. I let a torrent of lightning out of my hand aimed directly at her. She stopped chatting and dove out of the way.
She smiled and said “Well then now that were all done warming up lets get serious,” All there eyes started glowing and all I said was “S***…” Everything around me flew into instant chaos as they started firing off spells at each other speaking the verbal incantation under there breath. Eventually me teleporting away from there attacks made me seem like too much of a hard target to hit so they moved on to eventually it was just me Miriam and Chuck left in the stadium. I used my telekinesis lifted Miriam and flung her into a tree where she momentarily passed out only to wake up seconds later with her fallen comrades all silently watching the last two fighters.
Chuck smiled and said “Ready to show that trump card?” I panted and said “Maybe… later…” hardly getting the words out. Chuck smiled and launched forward. Last second I side stepped and Chuck flew right past me. I twirled the sword in my hands as he came for the next attack, I meant to block it but instead I flew back into a tree. I panted “You know what, looks like you do get to see it…” I chanted out “Sü Feeła Hałâ Aśtałø!” My body entered its Dragon Force form and energy coursed through my veins, Chuck said “No way, Your a Dragon Slayer.” All I did was smile and launch forward.

Thirty minutes later
Sol

“What happened?” I turned my head to Chuck as he slowly said those words.  Sasha retorted back “You just got your ass handed to you, by Sol.” Sasha the only one still awake after I healed her. I put my hands over Chuck and chanted out “Sönö Bâńè Čoń” Chuck instantly fell asleep and his wounds started healing. Sasha kissed Chuck on the forehead and then turned to me. She playfully punched my arm and said “How long have you been holing out on us? That much power? And you hit a wall?” I nodded and she said “Maybe your the problem then,” I gave her a strange look and she said “I mean that in a good way, or as in a good way as it can be. I think if you hit a wall it must be your mind set, and possibly weaponry. But we as a team decided that before you leave again were going to buy you something very special before your on your way. Even Samsonnite is going to let you pick any weapon from the royal armory I heard, thats crazy. There has got to be some crazy stuff in there, just make sure you pick the best one, oh and don’t make it be a wrist related item.” I gave her a strange look again and she said “you will see later for now its about you, what else can you do? Besides the lightning the teleporting and the moving stuff with your mind,” I smiled and said “if I’m being honest thats pretty much it,” Sasha smiled and said “Right, actually though tell me. I won’t tell anyone I promise,”
“Well there is one thing I saw from that” We both turned to see Miriam’s father the King named Rozon, We both went on our knees and bowed. He laughed and said “None of that, we know each other well enough for that not to be necessary,” We both got up and he said “it’s been a long time Sol,” He held out his hand and I shook it, “It looks like you have perfected your elements, am I correct?” I replied “Perfected is a strong word, more of I learned how to use them safely.” Rozon continued “And you mixed Eleven and Demon magic?” I looked at my hands and realized they were still pulsating with a red color, I said “In a sense yes, I combined elven and demon magic into a spell that will jumpstart the blood in my body making it feel as though I need my Dragon Force form, It’s a win win.” The King nodded and said “Your arm?” He was guesting towards my metal arm, I replied “War scars, the Xabatican uprising.” The King nodded and said “I see you guys tested each other, and you won. I must say that is rather unexpected.”
Miriam got up and said “Ohh, that hurt.” I smiled then she realized who we were talking to. “DAD!” The King looked at her daughter and said “If you will so kindly excuse me I will head back to the palace, see you kids later.” Miriam looked at Sasha and I and said “What… was that!” I said “Don’t be so angry he just checked up on us, and watched us fight and stuff…” Miriam slowly calmed down and said “Im assuming you won,” She tapped Chucks asleep body lightly, I nodded and said “First time for everything right?” Miriam grew a smile on her face and said That thing with the tree, that hurt.” I myself smiled and said “but its all better now right?” She glared at me and replied “in a sense, your healing magic still sucks.” I said “Hey! I’m not that bad,” Sasha wrapped an arm around me and said “keep on telling yourself that Brother,” I rolled my eyes and said “Well at least I have gotten better, it looks like you guys use the same tactics,” Miriam replied “Actually we all agreed we would hold back to make you feel as though you had a chance, turns out your on our level now.”
“Actually I believe he is on a much higher level then you,” A new voice jumped into the equation. We turned around to see Samsonnite, I said “how many people were watching?” My mentor replied “Well I had every one of my classes fallow you all here to watch as real warriors fight each other. And some other teachers followed you all as well, oh and most of the place courtiers.” I sighed and said “They left after the fight right?” Samsonnite nodded and said “That was quite the amount of magic you released there, it was rather inefficient to use so much in one spell.” I nodded and said “I thought the attack was going to be a lot stronger then it was so I put a lot of magical power into the protection spell. It turned out I put far to much but the excess amount of magic anergy in the air allowed me to teleport and guide my attacks more freely.”
“At the expense of a large amount of energy that you could have used in extra spells later on.” I shrugged and said “I can rely on my own non magical skills every once and a while.” Samsonnite replied “I’m going to get through that thick skull of yours, be real tomorrow. Bring what your wearing now leave your weapons,” I was about to say something then he disappeared into the shadows, I hear Jason’s voice say “Dude you have two weeks of personal training with Samsonnite!” I nodded and said “If you don’t mind I would like to ask a favor of you all, can you tell them it by the time I leave, its up to all of you though if you want to pull through.”
“Of course dude, what is it?” I took a deep breath in and said….
Next Morning
Royal Armory
Sol

“Welcome Sol, we have been awaiting your presence, please step inside.” The doors opened and the two stone soldiers stepped aside. I walked in to see Samsonnite waiting for my presence. All he did was say “Take two weapons, keep in mind you will keep these forever… as a gift from the Elvish people.” I nodded and scanned the room. There were spears, war hammers, axes, swords, knives, bows, and array of other weapons. I browsed around for a couple minutes before I saw a weapon that caught my eye, it was a shot broadsword of sorts. It had Elvish ruins written all over it, I picked it up and felt it’s weight. It was surprisingly heavy and the blade itself glowed in the dark, I sheathed it and said “Can I have this blade?” Samsonnite took it from my hands and said “The Kusanagi, an elvish Claymore gifted to us from the Gods over three hundred years ago to fend off the original wave of demons. Take it it’s yours,” He handed it back to me and I slung it across my back.
“Now pick your second,” I kept walking around and said “Will this work?” I picked up a knife and Samsonnite nodded once more “Huh the Cursed Blade of Muramasas, A knife that Prince Solomine once used, the blade drives those crazy who touch it and do not have the power to wield it. Your lucky, that could have killed you…” I looked at him with wide eyes then he laughed and said “Nah I’m just messing with you The Cursed Blade of Muramasas is really a knife that would slay all those who were stabbed by it unless the user deemed them worthy of its attack.” I sighed sheathed it and put the now sheathed blade across my belt. Samsonnite nodded and said “You certainly have some sort of sixth sense, you just picked two of some of the strongest weapons in here, they are yours now.” He chanted out a list of words then I felt a strange feeling in my body, He said “Using your old notes from demon magic we mixed it with some Elvish magic and we came up with a spell that can bind weapons to a soul.” I nodded and said “Good to see they were put to good use,”
Samsonnite nodded and said “Now come with me your training begins now, you said we have two weeks?” I nodded and he said “Welcome to the hardest two weeks of your life…”

Two hours later
Sol

I hefted up my sword once more and launched forward. Samsonnite held up his own and blocked it without a problem. I spun under and slashed my blade intending to cut him in half but he blocked that as well. He took another sip of her tea and I growled, I charged forward and stabbed at him, he parried spun my sword in the air which disarmed me then held his blade to my throat, “Death blow” I sighed and went to pick up my sword.
“Lets change tactics, you keep on fighting like your trying to get on my blind side. Your relying on your brawn more then your brains, if you want my advice we need to make you faster, I can have some servants change your clothing weight for when you get back to the human territory. Meanwhile we need to train you to get faster, so where these.” He put to gauntlets around my arms, as soon as they were on I felt my arms start to drop, then he did the same to my legs with shin guards.
“Now attack me, don’t hold back.” Samsonnite said. I yelled then charged, I was considerably slower then before but I just had to trust his training, I did a upper cut slash and he blocked easily, I stabbed and again he blocked. “Connect to your inner self, soul and all, these weapons are a part of you now, you must become a part of them.” I slashed again and he blocked once more. He disarmed me and held his blade to that again. “You are only mortal, never forget that. Your strength will never match to the God slayers but your skill can surpass theres, you must become the controller not the controlled. Now get up! Were still training!”
I pulled myself off the floor and got into a fighting stance, I launched at him again he pulled up his blade to deflect but then I feinted and jabbed at his stomach, he disappeared from sight then from behind me I heard “Death Blow” I turned around to see my mentor with his blade pointed at my back. I sighed and said “Is there any way I can beat you?” Samsonnite replied “Not in this state no, but thats why were training.” I got into another fighting stance and charged one more, today was going to be a long day.

Five hours later
Sol

We finally walked off the mountain clearing, once we reached his school and we walked inside he said “I need your arm and leg,”  looked at him strangely and he said “Im going to remodel them with Elven Steel so it will become much lighter, and I imagine you haven’t gotten your height adjusted yet.” I nodded and said “one second” I rolled up my pants and unlocked the locks holding the leg together, I screamed in pain for a moment as it dropped from the nerves in my body. Hurts like a b**** every single time. I then moved to my arm and the pain came again I bit my lip to prevent myself from screaming then it unlocked itself completely and I felt my body slip away from all the pain.

I woke up half way through the next day with a new arm and leg installed. They were bright and shiny with new Elvin Steel know as Celestial Silver, it had runes written over it to, no doubt to enhance and add magic stores into non living parts of my body. I instantly reached ut for Omega then realized he wouldn’t come, the Elvish lands has some sort of border that interferes with machines.
“Looks like someone finally woke up,” I looked at Miriam and Chuck who were standing by my bed, “We thought you mike like the new gifts by the way,” I looked at them strangely then realized what they meant, The knife was next to my bed side table but my sword was nowhere to be found. I looked around and saw the handle by my spell books. I tried activating my arm sword and it worked, it was the same blade that The Kusanagi had. I smiled as I realized what they did entirely, The took the blade off the handle and inserted it into a spot for my arm sword.
I got out of the bed and said “Thanks guys it means a lot,” Chuck said “it was the least we could do after beating you for so many years.” I rolled my eyes and said “I wasn’t that bad,” Miriam said “Keep on telling yourself that Sol,” She winked at me and said “I think I will,” I heard Samsonnite say “Ready to get back to training?” I nodded and Chuck said “Already?” I said “Yeah I have to get better, it’s the only way I can save whats left of our kind.” Chuck shrugged and said “Good luck,” I nodded and Miriam hugged me, “Don’t forget to not over exert yourself, see you soon.” I nodded and waked out the door.

Chuck

“You like him don’t you?” Miriam looked at me as if she were about to protest then said If I say no you won’t believe me right?” I nodded and she sighed and said “Yes I do, that doesn’t mean you can go around telling him!” I laughed and said “it’s fine, your secret is safe with me.” She rolled her eyes and said “you think he is going to hurt himself? With all this training, I mean when he gets out there do you think he could die?” I was about to say something naive and gullible then thought better of it “I think he could, this best seems strong. And it sounds like its trying to restrict Lucifer himself. Sol will eventually be given a choice, that is what will decide the fate of the universe.” I heard the sound of another voice enter, “He was just born that way,” We both looked at Sasha and she said “What? It’s true, we could all sense it the moment we met him. I mean come on, a human who can use Elven magic! That is just something else entirely.” Jason stepped in and said “Everyone could feel his power when he first came here, Sol is extraordinarily strong, he was born with the fate of the universe on his shoulders. Now it’s his job to decide what to do with it.” We all nodded then Sasha said “So are we all just going to stand here or are we going to watch them?” Chuck chuckled and said “Lets go, we might learn something. For when we get out there,” Jason said “Speaking of Sol asked me to tell you all guys something…”

Eleven days later
Sol

“Stop here,” I stopped as Samsonnite ordered me. I dropped my bags and he said “Come attack me, this time you should have your comfortable weapon set. I nodded drew my knife with my left hand and activated my arm sword. I changed to underhand wielding with the knife then launched forward. He deflected my first sword attack then I spun and slashed with the knife. When I spun instead of stopping I kept moving even when I did my foot plant to grab power. I tripped and fell down a little far away from Samsonnite.
“What was that?” My mentor smiled and said “That my friend was elven steel, your body probably feels a lot lighter, those runes on your arm and leg builds up kinetic energy in the field and things around you if you want them to, meaning it launches you off a lot faster and adding the light weight metal… I had the runes turn active last night so now they should work on command.” I nodded and got ready to attack again already devising a new plan.
I launched forwards and slashed at him from the front, he moved his blade up to block then I teleported behind him and slashed with the knife. I saw a flash of white hair then golden eyes then the silver blade deflecting my knife. I jumped back before he could attack.
“Smart that stack was, but when you use your element to teleport there is a small flash of light showing your opponent where you teleported.” I nodded and launched forwards again, he instantly deflected my incoming stab, I ducked under his own attack and slashed at his chest. He dodged then I stuck my foot in the ground released a blast of kinetic energy launching me at him in a close proximity and just before I hit him I slapped with my knife. He blocked then I smiled spun midair and held my sword to his throat. I smiled and called out for the first time in the two weeks “Death blow!” I fell on the ground and laughed.
Samsonnite fell down next to me and said “good job Sol, your ready to go back now I assume?” I nodded and said “I have to, Thank you for teaching me again Samsonnite.” My mentor nodded and said “You were the first student I enjoyed teaching in ages, I believe you earned these though.” He handed me a exact copy of my old cloths except it was woven with eleven fibers with a couple runes on the inside to make me faster and a tad bit stronger.
I put them on immediately and waved to Samsonnite, I got ready to leave then I heard Chucks voice say “your leaving without saying good bye? Again? Now that kind of hurts.” I turned around to them and said “Sorry guys, I just didn’t want to worry you.” Jason said “What if we wanted to accept your offer?” I smiled and said “Look you guys are good but to be the first full blood elves in the military. Thats a stretch and I feel as though you guys wouldn’t want to do it.” Miriam rolled her eyes got close to my face and said “Maybe you should ask us first,” I looked into her silver eyes with her minty aroma surrounding my face. She got up closer and said “Maybe some of us want to be near you,” She looked like she was about to kiss me then pulled back.
“Are you all sure about this?” I asked. They all nodded then Jason said “The King sent word to your military and the First General agreed to the idea, they talked for a while and came to the conclusion that we were put onto your team,” I said “it will be dangerous,” Chuck said “Isn’t everything?” I sighed and said “Your sure? There’s no going back after this.” They all said “We know thats why were joining you.” I said “Very well then lets get moving, there is just one more promise I have made to someone in Forsaker and I intend to keep it,” I turned to Miriam and said “Can we talk?” She looked at me strangely and nodded.
We walked out into the forest and told the others to go ahead. She said “Whats up?” I replied “Remember when we were younger? The day before the test?” She nodded and said “The night before…” I continued for her “We promised each other that we would still be friends after that, or whatever came after.” She nodded and I said “There was one more promise we made…” Before she could say anything I kissed her, we lingered there for what seemed like hours. Her lips touched mine and at the moment it was one of the greatest feelings in the world.
Eventually I pulled away and said “We would find Love here in Forsaker,” She smiled and said in a playful voice “Thank you, you idiot!” I got confused and it obviously showed on my face and she said “These whole two weeks I have been trying to show you that I haven’t given up on you and look where it got me! Looks like luck really is a thing…” I replied “Don’t you all do spells for luck?” She nodded and said “I think there BS though.” I shook my head and said “Of course you do.” She smiled and said “Off to The Tower!” We ran up to our now waiting friends at the mountain pass and started the long trek back.

I turned to see the new members of my team enter our teams common room. I said “You guys will all be sleeping in my room for the time being, I have already bought expansions so we all have our own bed, desk, wardrobe, and tiny armory. From what I can tell the king collaborated with the military to make you all specially designed uniforms.” They all nodded and then I said “Now if you will all excuse me I have to go kick someones ass.” Chuck said “Who?” I replied “A God Slayer on the team, she beat me last time and now it’s my turn to beat her.” Chuck asked “Can I come with you?” I thought about it for a second then said “Sure anyone that wants to come watch can,”
I stepped out of the room and every singe one of them followed. I showed them to the viewing room where some of the team was waiting already. I stepped down the stairs with my knife and knew limbs. I heard Jades voice “You ready?” I turned my head to see the black haired women. I nodded and said “I have trained like hell for the past two weeks so don’t expect this to be so easy.” Jade smiled and said “I wont, in fact I will bring my A-game.” I smiled as she stepped out to the elevator that brought her to her side of the arena. I stepped into my own elevator and hit the button to make it start getting up.
I always thought that everything in life would always turn out alright, but now looking at how my whole job and future career depended on this fight I was kinda of freaking out. I activated the runes inscribed on my arms and then the elevator door opened. I heard the General’s voice yell “Rank fight between Sol Grace and Jade Pulse, Begins… NOW!” He yelled out the last words and we both launched forward.
I noticed she didn’t put up her armor this time, she was going to take the offensive. I smiled put an extra burst of speed into my run, I drew my knife with my left hand and then just as she drew her Katana and meant to slash me in half with it I slid, then I stopped myself once I passed her and ran at her from behind. I saw her eyes follow me for a second before I struck, she blocked my knife with her arm gauntlet then turn and tried to slash me. I blocked it with my metal arm and went on my hands grabbed her head with my legs and flipped her over me. She hit the ground with a loud thud, I gripped the knife and tried staying her, her eyes glowed for a second then she was gone.
I heard from all around me “I don’t think I ever explained the nature of my true abilities to you,” I gripped the knife and she said from what still seemed as all directions, “The instructors called it shade stepping, I can temporarily teleport through all shadows.” She appeared in front of me and slashed. I jumped left head first and rolled to control my landing.
I heard the sound of her giant katana again and ran forwards. It missed me by a inch, and I turned myself around. Omega!
Yes sir?
I need you to transfer all remains energy into kinetic energy then I want you to transfer all kinetic energy to my legs.
As you wish Sir,
I felt all my energy stores deplete and I was left with Lightning and the Mind element. Then I launched forward with a burst so strong I whipped through the blade Jade was getting ready to attack me with. My knife in front of me in the charge I turned around to see Jades Blade seared in half.
“How? WHAT!” The katana that she grabbed from the bottom was suddenly non existent, or at least it couldn’t do anything to me. She pulled two Chinese Hook swords off her back. I recognized them as the two swords she wore all the time, I always assumed they were for ornamentation but I guess not.  I smiled and sheathed my knife. I grabbed out for all the energy around me then I felt it. Everything around me glowed with a red dim light. I activated my new arm sword and said “You did say you were brining your A-Game, now its my turn!” I ran so fast I barely knew when I had reacher her, I spun around and brought my sword to slash her, she tried blocking but instead it hit her anyway and blood started welling up in he place I hit her.
“How are you doing this? It was two weeks and you have gotten the much better!” I said “In a way of sorts,” I finally pulled off my hood and revealed my hair, it was white and I decided to keep it that way for the time being, illusion magic was to long for me to put it back on again. She said “Your Elvish!” I smiled and shook my head “No no you have it wrong.  Have just lived with Elves for two years of my life and something about the air or energy in there territory turned my hair white, illusions are what I have been using to make it seem blonde for the past couple of months.” Jade spat on the ground and said “That still doesn’t explain how you have gotten so good.” I replied “I’ll give you a hint, the sword is just an extension of my body. Quite literally in fact,” A dawning of realization appeared on Jades face and she said “Your using hand to hand combat as a base but you have just added a weapon to it.” I nodded again.
She laughed and said “it’s been a long time sense ei have met a worthy opponent!” She got into a fighting stance and we both smiled. Then to everyone else time stopped, for us we were attacking each other with everything we had. After a while of the blocking, parrying, and striking we were both cut and tried. One of her swords was stuck inside a wall and she held the other with her hand in a straight up and down fighting stance. Both of us tired and both of us were slipping out of our other worldly forms. I wiped a bit of blood off my lip and got into a slanted position. I started charging all the electricity I had in my body and in the air around us into my sword, it started glowing with a white light. A razor blade of water and air appeared around her sword.
We both ran at each other for one final attack and non surprisingly we both screamed as we charged. Then our blades connected. We both were launched backwards and a ball was in the room. It looked like it was made out of pure energy then I realized what was happening. We were both out of our other worldly from now and we were both much weaker. With all the power I could muster I thought of me and Jade and yelled the word “Pròtèčtö!” A shield appeared around me and Jade separately then a explosion rocked the whole Tower. Holding the spell against all the power, I was loosing it and eventually the world faded to blackness.

Felix

“HOLY S***!” Was what we all said at the same time. We looked at Jade and Sol both enter there Dragon Force form and the only thing left around them was a cloud of dust and a couple craters in the ground. Sol and Jade both started summoning all there extra energy into there blades. The new comers which I haven’t talked to yet or seen could be heard saying the word “CALET SAT!” I turned around feeling confusion running through my brain and then I saw the Elves. “Who are you!” I yelled. The rest of the team turned around and looked at the new comers, Maine got into a fighting stance instantly and said “Elves, Stand down now!” One of them a boy with white hair said “Dude’s come on we could take you all out in seconds don’t kid yourself.” An elf with brown hair stomped on the white haired Elf’s foot and said “Were trying to make friends among our new team mates not enemies.” The white haired boy elf rolled his eyes and said “Whatever lets get back to watching,” We all turned back to the glass showing the arena room. They both ran forward then there blades connected. I felt pure power and energy run through my veins, then it all left and a explosion broke the glass.
I put my hands up then I heard the white haired Elves voice yell “Pròtèčtö!” The burning heat I was expecting to feel wasn’t there at all. I turned back to see the white haired elf with his hands up and his head full of sweat trying to contain the blast. The other Elves followed his lead and the white haired elf slowly started calming his breathing, we all turned to the glass which had now been replaced by a glowing whit energy. Once the smoke cleared the elves deemed it okay to collapse on the ground in a fit of coughs.
We all looked over to the arena expecting to see shredded bits of shrapnel everywhere but that wasn’t the only thing. Jade and Sol were… ALIVE! THEY WERE SOMEHOW ALIVE AFTER THAT EXPLOSION! Jade seemed perfectly fine except for the exception of Sol’s attacks. Sol on the other had his shirt entirely burned off revealing his old scars and a Nasty burn on the right side of his body. I winced looking at the steaming flesh. Medics instantly stepped out onto the field and started working with the medicines that they had to heal both of them.
I heard foot steps behind us, “Is everything okay in here!” We turned around to see Bridger. We started to nod then she continued “The Tower has shown a major structural issue in one of our training rooms!” She looked around and realized all the gals was broken, “HOLY S***! WHO WHAS IN THAT TRAINING ROOM! THAT GLASS IS MEANT TO WITHSTAND WHAT WOULD BE EQUIVALENT TO A NUCLEAR BOMB!”
I shuddered and pointed down at the arena showing the two soldiers who were on the ground. Sol and Jade both with there eyes closed, it looked like they weren’t breathing. I looked closer and saw the steady rise and fall of there chests. I let out a gasp of air that I was holding for quite a while I now realized. The white haired Elf got up and said “So… my name’s Chuck, whats yours?” I turned back to Chuck and said “You can call me Felix…”

Sol
Two days later

I slowly opened my eyes and turned my head to see Stella and Locus waiting at my bed side table. “Hey,” Stella said. I tried saying Hi back but my throat cut out on me as her face turned and transformed, Locus disappeared and standing in there place was Sam. He sat down in the chair and said “Im going to assume that you brought me into your dream.” I said “What!” He said again “Im assuming you brought me into your dream, were both sleeping right now and that leads me to think that you connect your brain to mine so we could talk.” I shook my head and said “I don’t know how to do that.” I got out of the bed and said “Can we fight in here?”
Sam shook his head and I sighed. “So why exactly are we seeing each other in a dream?” I asked. Sam replied “Who knows, all I do know is that were both here and were going to have to bare each other until one of us wakes up.” We both sat I silence after that then eventually I said “So why exactly are you trying to revive Lucifer?” Sam looked at me and said “Isn’t it obvious! Our world is already destroyed! He has many followers and I lead them until he comes here, and he will return no matter what. Im just speeding it up, and then he will give all the human followers and me a rightful place in his new world!”
I started slowly clapping then I said “If he doesn’t?” Sam shook his head and said “He will, I can feel it.” I rolled my eyes and said “So your basing off this whole revival and attacking the surviving races of Earth because you have a hunch and a Demon Lord told you to?” Sam looked at the ground and said “it sounds dum when you say it like that,” I shot back “Because it is, he is going to kill us all.” Sam looked up with a fire in his eyes and said “Or he will save us! Were already falling down into a total and complete economic down fall! This is what the world needs! To be cleansed from the parasites humans are!” I said to him “Just think about what your doing! Your ending millions of lives! Elf! Human! Dwarf! Orc! All of us!” Sam laughed and said “Maybe thats what the world needs.” I balled my hands into fists and said “We will stop you!” Sam said “I’m counting on you trying” “Go DIE IN HELL!” Sam laughed then the world around me turned black and I truly opened my eyes.
“Your awake,” I turned to See Miriam and I nodded. “Obviously” I heard Stella’s voice ring out. I sat up and said “What happened?” Miriam and Stella said at the same time “You blew everything up,” Then they glared at each other. I tried standing then I felt my legs break down under me. Stella helped me up and put me back on the bed. “Your still weak” Stella said, it sounded like she was going to say something else but Miriam said “So don’t push your self to much, you are going to get hurt.” I said “Sense when have you two been my mom?” Stella and Miriam yelled together “WERE NOT!” I laughed then the door opened revealing Chuck, Jason, Locus, and Felix all talking among themselves. They stopped when they saw the two girls glaring at each other, Chuck said “You know what Ima go back outside,” The other boys all nodded and walked outside.
I said “So ummmm… Ima go as well…” I tried getting off my bed and standing up again and I instantly fell again. They went to pull me up and I half yelled “I’m fine! Let me get up… I can do stuff…Ish…” I pulled myself back up and made a slow but steady step forward. I took another step and grabbed onto the wall. I kept on moving until I opened the door and met the boys on the other side, Chuck said “Hey you doing okay?” I said “Im good, but you know something like a crutch or staff would be nice.” Felix created a transmutation circle hit the ground and in the wake of a tiny crater a little spear appeared.
“You know General Grace is going to be mad about that right?” Locus said. Felix shrugged and said “Meh, I don’t care.” Locus sighed and I asked “How long was I out?” Chuck answered first and said “Two days, I got to meet some of the people here. Everyone seems to be getting along, except for Miriam and Stella. Those two…” Felix continued for him, “Are a very interesting couple,” The boys nodded and I said “So not the best two to be put together?” They all nodded hurriedly then Locus said “They seem to have some sort of competition type of thing going, they have already done a match against each other, which was a tie surprisingly. I lost one hundred dollars on that to Chuck.” I said “And I suppose he didn’t tell you that he can use magic to see the most likely probability?” Locus shook his head and said “oh no he did I just didn’t listen, magic doesn’t exactly make sense…”
I sighed and said “I am surrounded by idiots,” They all smiled then I started walking and they kept pace with me to comfort me… I think. “So where’s Jade?” I asked. Locus said “She left on her own, told command she was going to find and kill Sam. She said something about a dream… anyway what about you? Have any weird dreams?” I was about to say ‘yes’ then I thought better of it. I shook my head and said “Same ol me.”
I felt a twinge in Felix’s mind at the mention of Sam, I was going to have to ask him about that later. After a while all the elves bunked up into my bedroom and I snuck out to Felix’s new workshop, I walked in and saw him studying a book about dark magic.
“Thats some dangerous stuff, you know that right?” He jumped up and held out his hands ready to attack. I stepped forward and waved them away. He sat back down and said “Demon magic, I think… I think I found a way to kill Sam. It requires a blade with significant magical power and three individuals to add there ace abilities into it then theres a series of ruins I’m still trying to crack but once I get it… it should have the ability to kill immortals.” I smiled and grabbed my knife from by sheath. “The Cursed Blade of Muramasas! That’s an Elven weapon gifted from the great angel Raaziel!” I nodded and said “a gift from my mentor… Felix, I need to find Sam. He can… no will kill everything if we don’t stop him now.” I was expecting a flat out no then he said “Okay, I will come with you and we can figure it out on the way, for now lets tell the team and get moving.” He got up then I put him back down and said “no, this has to be a solo-op, I cant keep track of them all and keep them safe.” Felix stayed silent after that then finally nodded his head.
“You know they have security cameras everywhere right?” I turned back to see York and Maine standing in the door way. “If your trying to stop us from leaving then your going to get no where, and don’t plan on coming either, two is enough as it is.” York grew a more serious face on his look and said “No, we will give you three days then we will pretend that Delta found the deleted security camera footage from tonight,” Felix said “Deleted camera footage?” York grinned and made Delta materialize in front of us, “There crazy things once you put them to work.” York said. Felix looked at it an awe then Maine said “But thats not the only thing, if we can find something to kill Sam and Lucifer then we will help, even if it means giving up our elements.” Felix said “Are you sure?” They both nodded and I said “Me too, then I can help you find the runes on the way to wherever were going.” Felix nodded and said “I believe I know where the strongest intro planetary connection is from Heaven, Earth, and Hell. And there is something else, Sol for this work I need you to give up your mind ability as well, and infuse it into a compass. This one specifically.” He held up a normal looking compass with a single rune on it. I looked at it and read “Power… how did you put a rune of power on a compass?!?” Felix shrugged and said “the metal is crucible steel, I made it out of some of the metal and other materials here at the Tower.” I eventually just stopped asking questions then he drew a transmutation circle around the compass and the knife.
“Sol do the compass first,” I nodded put both my hands on the circle and thought of giving up my power, letting it flow into the compass, the pain of it leaving me being forgotten, everything silent as I gave up what had been a part of me for so long. After at least five minutes every part of my ability over the mind element disappeared. They all looked at me worriedly and I picked up the compass. I connected the chain hanging from it onto my belt loops and said “Lets get moving onto the next one.”
They all nodded and we put our hands on the transmutation circle, the same feeling I had before, something that had been a part of me for a long time leaving my body and entering into the object, after a good twenty minutes it stopped as all of our Ace abilities entered it. “I don’t know if we should be clapping or something or feel in a celebration mood.” Maine said, Felix nodded then said “How about we re name it,” We all nodded and then Felix turned to me and said “It’s your weapon what do you think are new weapon should be named?” I thought about it for a long time then said “The Holy Water’s Blade, it fits the name seeing as how all of our abilities cobranded should have just made some monster weapon. Just like Holy Water, it burns demons right? So two great holy weapons.” They all nodded then Felix held his hands out too it and said “I found out what your abilities do combined. Maine makes it so the wielders elements become amplified tenfold in times when the user is in great danger, York’s allows it to effectively create tiny time distortion jumps through a face time continuum so you can hit an opponent, this also only works when the user is in a lot of danger. And then Sol’s allows it to take the kinetic energy out of other things in the area and store it then release it in the blade, Those abilities does make it seem like a great weapon, Holy Water works for it.”
I nodded and said “I assume you have a bag of clothes, foods, and other items already?” Felix nodded and said “A mage must always be ready, also I kinda expected you to stop by so I got ready.” I nodded chanted out some words and I knew all my clothes and some food from the tower pantry went into what I call my time vault. I looked at York and Maine and said “Thanks you two, the moment you release the information then you will be sent out to retrieve us, you know that right?” They both nodded and said “Maybe we will catch up with you, but thats worst case scenario. Now get going, you don’t have all night.” I nodded chanted out a portal spell and Felix and I disappeared from sight.


Two days later
Sol

I shot a blast of lighting at the Stone golem hoping It would shatter it. It went through and stopped not even fazing it. It brought down a stone hammer and I jumped to my right. I activated my arm sword infused it with lighting jumped up, spun up midair and beheaded it. It’s body fell to pieces and Felix said “You already beat it? I really expected it to be stronger. That took me like, a week to make!” I shrugged and said “Trial and error,” Felix said “Thats enough resting for today lets get moving again, there should be a town up ahead, about two miles.” I nodded and we started walking.
The last two days have been hard, I have been reading through books trying to figure out what runes needed to be put on The Holy Water’s Blade, I read the notes that Felix wrote on them and figured out that the runes had to be six runes that showed who or what the true user really was. Three on each side. I already have five down and each one was accepted instantly. ‘Fearless, Scared, Lost, Destroy, Energy’ The sixth couldn’t come to me but it had to be something about my name. The first had to be what I thought of myself, the second had to be my true feelings, my third was what I truly felt like, my fourth was what I had the capacity to do, the fifth is what I am, and the sixth is supposed to be who I am.
“It should be around the corner…” He stopped as he turned from the mountain pass. I ran up to him and looked at the view below us. Fire was everywhere, the remnants of a town was left in the flames, I balled up my hands into fists and said “The compass?” Felix pulled the compass from his pocket and said “We are on the right path, now we know exactly where he is, or going to be to revive Lucifer.” I said “So where are we headed?” Felix looked at me dead in the eye and said “Were off to the Gardens of Babylon, or now it’s referred to the Demon Castle of Babylon…”

I yelled “Hey I think I found something!” It’s been almost two months sense I have last come in contact with the team, Felix and I were still making our way to the Demon Castle of Babylon. I looked down at the metal trap door as Felix ran over to me. I brushed the dirt off of it bit revealing a universal symbol known as the first true rune made, it meant unity.
“It’s a golden age military base… I think” Felix said. He drew a transmutation circle incorrectly around it and the metal instantly melted. We both jumped down and were submerged by our new surroundings. The base itself seemed more like a single giant room, to our left there was a bunch of broken computers and to our right there was a golden age plane, it was black with blue lights running around it. It was a model three Pelican, kinda like the vehicle used in Halo to drop off spartans.
Just in front of us was a rack that looked like it use to hold Golden Age weapons, now it held one weapon with mags all around it. I walked over to it and pulled it off the rack. I brushed some dust off of it only to reveal the name of the man who once owned it. Jackson Bryson was what it read.
I placed it down onto the table with the mags and kept exploring, I yelled out “Lets camp here for tonight! I’ll fill up the Pelican with as much electricity it can handle, then we can leave tomorrow and get to the Garden in two days,” Felix nodded and said “Have you found the last rune?” I shook my head and he said “I’ll see if theres anything I can repurpose here for it to work,” I nodded and said “Im going to go to sleep, good luck.” Felix walked away and I laid down on my sleeping bag.

Felix

I looked around the Golden Age military base hoping to find something that we could put to use. I went through every single computer seeing if one turned on, eventually on the 15th computer I heard a large power sound emulating through it. It turned on to reveal hundreds of documents. I read the first page and it said ‘Year 2944, December 27th, by Jackson Bryson.
Three quarters of the human race are wiped out…’ I kept on reading eventually realizing what he was saying, I whispered under my breath “The Earth didn’t fall into a economic downfall killing everyone off… It was Demons from the beginning!” I took some of the computer parts and transmuted them into a working flash drive. I downloaded everything on the working computer to the flash drive. I put it safely in my pocket and continued my search looking for more clues.
Everything in the base was covered with metal, I saw a couple weapons here and there from the Golden Age but I didn’t think anything would come to use, but then I saw it. A shotgun layer out on the table with a name imprinted into it that read ‘Jackson Bryson’ and under it, it said something I couldn’t make out from all the fading. I picked it up and looked down the sights. Then it hit me, what if I could transmute something into it to make it work against demons.
I racked my head for possibilities then I thought of something that may work. I took the shotgun and every single mag surrounding it, I ran over to my bag and pulled out a pouch full of Elf Stones that I stole from the Tower. I started transmuting each Elf Stone into a separate mag keeping the first three I had received from Fletcher in my pocket.
Once all the mags were transmuted to be half Golden Age technology half Babylon age technology I moved to the shot gun. I drew down a transmutation circle and put the ten Elf Stones I had left around it. I pulled out my book and whispered under my breath “Verhołn here my call, create me a weapon worthy of Gods! Fàłgē Sœć Čêátė!” I clapped my hands and put them on the circle. It started glowing blue then silver blinding my eyes.
A flash lit the room then it all died down, I looked down to see the new shotgun made of the same components as it was before just with no gunpowder and a weird shimmering silver type of color that seemed to dance across the surface. I put a mag in and then it locked. I tried shooting it but nothing came out, I took the mag out and looked inside it. Instead of bullets in each mag it looked like there was just a pool of pure electricity standing in it. I tried putting it upside down and none of the stuff came out, then I took a pen and put it in the pool, it melted instantly.
“The hell is that?” I heard Sol’s voice from behind me. I turned around with a wide smile on my face and said “I think I just made the first Golden Age technology weapon that will work on Demons, if someone can put an electrical discharge into it then it will be able to fire!” I picked up the gun and put it in Sol’s hands. “Can you put a significant amount of electricity in it and see if it will shoot!” I said excitedly. Sol picked up a mag and put it in the gun. He let his hands build up with electricity then shot it all into the gun. The gun’s silver flowing kinda of skin glowed for a second then Sol pulled the trigger.
Eight separate shots of pure energy fired out of the weapon and through the wall. He pulled back the pump and it shot again, he did it ten more times before the shotgun stopped firing. He pulled the mag out to see nothing in it. “What happens once we loose all the mags?” Sol asked. I held out my hands and used the new skill I found out I could do to examine the weapons properties, “It’s a twelve round now energy shot gun, no name, the mag themselves refill once every twenty four hours. There are six mags total so you have seventy two shots that can split into eight pieces every twenty four hours.” “So how do we know it works on demons? And also have you been awake all night working on this?” I looked at him strangely and said “its the morning already?” Sol sighed and nodded. I shrugged and put my hands out, I summoned forth a tiny demon a Fál (Earth Imp), it tried moving out of the circle but it kept him in like a cage.
Sol put the mag that was out in a duffel bag and picked up a new one, I said “On the count of three shoot it! One! Two! Three!” I let go of the transmutation circle and Sol pulled the trigger. The shots fired into the Fál and it died, instantly. I cheered and Sol looked at the new weapon in amazement, he asked “Your turn to name a weapon, what do you want to name it?” I smiled remembering the nick name I heard so much from the last nights files “Perfect Paradox,” I said. Sol said “I like it, but now we have to get the hell out of here. We have one month until Sam begins the revival sequence and its going to take two weeks to fly there, using portals is taking to much out of me. I nodded and said “Is everything loaded up?” Sol picked up all the mags and my stuff went over to the Falcon and said “Now everything is,” I nodded and he said “Go to sleep dude, I’ll fly first.” I said “Do you know how to fly it?” Sol shook his head but then held out his hand “I don’t…” A figure that glowed with a grey and white light appeared in his hand and it said “but I can,” I sighed and said “i’m going to pretend that didn’t happen.”
Sol shrugged and said “You do you, now get some sleep.” I nodded and laid down letting my sleeping bag cushion my fall. I closed my eyes and let sleep over take me.

Sol

I said “So Omega, what can you tell me about the new Gardens?” The figure appeared above the mainframe and said “The layout it undetermined but we know the portal should be at the highest point of the castle. Also sir you are aware were being tailed correct?” “WHAT!” I yelled. Omega replied “Were being tailed by a ship with cloaking, the heat signatures inside suggest that our team has been following us for at least a couple of days, they found us I can tell you that.” I yelled “these are why we have protocol procedures God Damnit!” “Once we left the Tower all procedures are thrown out the window.” “Activate our good damn cloaking!” I yelled. “Sir that is not going to happen there on the radar and even if we make it to the Garden they probably have found out where were heading so it is pointless to run.”
“GOD DAMNIT OMEGA!” “What?” “I took the two people I know we could take to get there on time and if we die then we won’t be a great loos to the military and they may still have chance!” “Do you want me to make a jump? If we do we will loose over half of the power we have left and they can follow us through the portal,” “F*** it! I’m taking control!” I shot lightning out of my fingers and put them into the input buttons. I felt my body come into complete control of the Pelican. I shot flares out and I heard on a microphone “S*** he saw us!” The little firework type weapons fired all over there ship, the cloaking system turned off as its shield activated. The flares exploded then I yelled “Omega take control!” “Right away sir” The lightning tendrils disappeared back into my body.
I activated our microphone and yelled “Do not come any closer! This is my fight” I heard a voice from behind our ship “Actually no it’s not! It’s humanity’s fight!” I ran to the back of our ship and saw a giant hover craft with . “Land your ship safely on the hover craft or else you will be shot down, Immediately!” I sighed. “Omega you heard the man,” I shook Felix awake and said “hey buddy, we got caught. Be ready for one hell of a fight if there is one,” Felix groggily nodded and I started attaching my weapons to my body.
I slung the shot gun across my back and I had mags running across my belt along with The Holy Water’s Blade attached to it. “Sir were landing in ten seconds, I will reconcile back to your HUD now,” I nodded and I heard the ship hit the Hover Craft. The door opened and I heard “Come out now slowly!” Felix and I both walked out taking each step with surprising care.
We stepped out to not see the team but instead thousands of civilians all up on the ship, there was a line of what looked like some non uniformed soldiers, I heard another ship land behind us then four people stepped out in the line and walked to the door it was pointing to. They passed someone that looked like the captain, they kept walking forward then the man walked up to us.
“I am General Fraine! The leader of this ship, we need you two to come with us, if you even think about attacking us you will be killed immediately,” He started walking and I followed the black haired man with the muscled frame. As we walked forward the soldiers fell in line behind us until we got into the inside of the ship. We went by what looked like quarters then eventually we reached a giant room in which all the soldiers were running in to.
Fraine stepped in front of the door and said “Before we go in I will have you both know that you should think wisely before you say anything. We do know of the incoming threat of Lucifer, and we do know that your trying to stop it. Or we think you are…” He sighed and said “Look I know we just threatened you and I know we may not seem the most friendly but everyone on this Craft wants to live life to its fullest, we can’t do that if Lucifer is resurrected… If I’m being honest your this worlds last chance at life, we need you.” He was about to open the door then I held his wrist, “How do you know were searching for the person trying to resurrect Lucifer, or stop him?” Faine replied “Are you kidding? The security camera footage is everywhere, you three putting your abilities into the knife, you thinking you found out a way to kill Lucifer. And your motives are suggesting you were already putting the weight of the world on your shoulders without knowing it, maybe you need a team to help you, even if not. I’m going to ask you for a favor, I want you to go in there and I want you to help these people. You two alone aren’t enough to stop him.” I was about to say ‘no’ then Felix said “Give us five minutes”
Faine nodded and went through the doors. “What are you thinking! Thats more lives on us!” I basically yelled. “Sol, we need to think about this. He is right, once we get there we are not enough to get through the army of demons protecting the Garden. Maybe an army is what we need, So please Sol. Do this for Humanity… No do it for Earth!” I sighed and said “What do you want me to say?” Felix patted me on the back and said “Your a beacon of hope for a reason, the past two months a lot of stuff has probably been said about us. Say what needs to be said.” I eventually nodded and walked through the doors with Felix in my wake. All the soldiers started whispering when they saw us, we walked to one side of the room with a podium and I got ready to speak. Omega I want you to broadcast this to every computer screen on Earth,
You are connected sir, everything you are saying right now is going to be broadcasted on every screen connected on Earth, Good Luck sir.
Thank you,
I projected my voice and said “Hello!” The microphone in front of me fuzzed with a loud noise then it stopped. I made my face move away from the microphone, then I said “Hi, my name is Sol. I personally don’t know what you had heard about me lately, and frankly I don’t care. I’m not a war hero, I’m not strong. I’m just a boy who got stuck up in the middle of a war…” I stayed silent and let the suspense build “My family was murdered by the demons, thats the only reason I’m in this line of work. I don’t do this for the good of all of you! I do this for myself! Because it is my job to avenge those who were lost under my control, For all of you people out there who think I am something more important then you, let me tell you. You are all wrong! I am a loser! Someone who can not be trusted! I can not guarantee any of you to survive! I cannot promise you any of that! But…” I took another breath and said “But I can promise you this… I will have your back in this fight if you have mine, I am not saying I want any of you there, but if you want to come then come! I Am Calling Out To All Of You! Humanity! Elves! Dwarves! Half-Bloods! You are all part of this Earth! So let me ask you… WILL YOU HELP SAVE IT! IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR THIS THEN MEET US AT THE GARDENS OF BABYLON BY NEXT WEEK! FOR OUR RACES FOR EARTH!” The soldiers in front of me stayed silent for a long time then they all started cheering.
“I told you you would know what to say, and now we have an army.” Felix patted me on the back. I looked back with a serious and disappointed look on my face, “I really thought that would make them turn around and never come back to this place.” Felix shrugged and said “You do have a knack for speeches. No one can disagree with that.” I sighed and said “Thanks…”

Five Days later
Sol

“Sir we have reached the spot where the races are meeting up,” I nodded and said “Lad the ship prepare to unload everything we got, all small air vehicles are to be used for drop offs once the attack starts.” The soldier nodded and went to go tell the General. We landed the hover craft and soldiers started piling off along with small air ships. All civilians were to be escorted somewhere far away, unless they wanted to stay and fight.
Faine came up to me and said “The other leaders and there five man teams have called for us,” Felix came up behind me and said “Very well, our team of me and Sol will suffice. Lets get to the other generals.” Faine and I nodded and he guided us to the Generals. Once we reached the giant tents I saw many eyes glaring at me and Felix.
Faine said “May Introduce General Sol and Felix, This is the King of Elves, The Leader of Man kind,” He pointed to General Grace then said “Over there is the Lord of the Dwarves, and that is our team. Each leader has selected five members from there race to represent them in this fight and those will be the ones sent into the castle itself. We will leave you among yourselves to talk and figure out the best plan of attack.” The Generals left and I turned to see a bunch of dwarves that I have never seen before, and a group of humans and Elves staring daggers at Felix and I.
The Dwarves walked away instantly not bothering to talk to us, The Elves and the Humans staring at me were all part of Fire Team 2256 betterly known as the Agents of Project Freelancer. Stella, Locus, Jade, Fletcher, Violet, Chuck, Jason, Sasha, Alice, and Miriam staring daggers at us still.
Felix looked like he was about to say something then stopped himself. “Look, we did what was necessary and we think we know how to kill it, plus we got a lot stronger…” Miriam and Stella yelled “Shut it!” Miriam continued “That is not fair leaving on us!” I replied “I was trying to protect you…” Stella yelled “We can protect ourselves dumbass! Did you even find the last rune!” I said “No but…” Stella said “Just because were on the same team now doesn’t mean were going to like it.” She walked past me and hit my shoulder with her own.
The others followed her until it was Chuck and Miriam. Chuck walked past me and put is hand on my shoulder “Find out the rune, or else were all dead.” He walked away then Miriam said “Well get to work,” I sighed as she hit my shoulder as well. Felix said “I’ll go talk to them, just keep on working on the rune.” I nodded and said “thanks.”
Felix ran past me and I went to the Falcon Felix and I found. I pulled out a book and said “Who am I?” I heard a voice behind me “Alone,” I turned around to see my Dad, “What!” He smiled and said “If you think I’m really here I’m not. I’m just a pigment of your imagination, everything that your father ever told you that you have forgotten I have, like your name. Sol, you are Alone, Forgotten, Lost. Never forget thats who you are.”
My father faded into the wind and I said “Dad…” I took out my knife and created the next and last rune. On it, it read ‘Sol the forgotten’. The knife glowed brightly then it stopped. I sheathed it took my shotgun and slung it across my back again.
I stepped out of the Falcon and I saw North and South. “Hey Sol, don’t loose this for us. We will provide with outside support, good luck.” I nodded and kept walking. The dwarves looked like they were fighting with some elves then the leader called out and the dwarves left immediately.
I didn’t do anything about it though, my brain felt like it was melted. As if too much was happening at once, I heard someone call out “Sol! Get over here! We need your opinion on how to launch the attack!” A ringing in my head that I only now noticed was so loud it hurt.
I then heard it, “Come tribes of humanity! Prepare for your death! We are ready! Lucifer is coming!” I looked around seeing if anyone else had heard it but everyone was acting normally. I walked over to the people at the table and said “Screw it we need to get there now!” The Generals looked at me and I yelled “Lucifer’s revival sequence has begun! Lets get moving! Get people in the ships and we dive bomb ourselves into the Gardens areas!”
The teams were looking at me strangely and I yelled “Pilots get moving! Were loading up! Soldiers get ready were out in thirty minutes.” General Grace said “you don’t have the authority…” I pulled out my knife and said “if you want to fight me for authority then we can go right now.” The General backed down and I said “I need whats left of the team right now!” They all appeared next to me and I said “Lets get moving!” They all glared at me except for Felix then I said “I don’t care if you don’t like me right now, this is for the good of humanity.” A soldier screamed in fear having a mental break down. Others looked at him and started feeling the same way he was.
I yelled “THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE FOR HUMANITY! THE WAR HAS BEGUN!” They all looked at me like I was crazy then slowly they all started nodding. Then cheering. “NOW MOVE!” I yelled.

I heard our pilot say “Were in the drop zone! Get ready to jump in one minute!” Everyone put there parachutes on except for me. Fletcher looked at me then said “For what it’s worth… I believe in you Sol.” I nodded and Miriam looked at me with sympathy. “GO!” The back bay opened out of the Pelican and they all jumped out. I launched forward and flew into free fall. I passed all my team mates as they activated there parachutes.
I got my shotgun ready saw the demons charging at the now incoming army of Elves and Humans coming to attack them from the ground. I infused my body with lightning then I hit the ground with a loud thud. The ground around me instantly disintegrated along with at least twenty demons.
A phanlax behind me growled and I turned and shot it. I jumped out of the crater I created and charged forward shooting all the demons in my way. I reloaded and used all my mags creating a path to the castle. I heard Locus yell behind me “Sol your left!” I pumped back my last shot held the gun with one hand jumped up to avoid a fire breath attack and took out the last remaining demon in our path.
There were still millions of demons around us but the path to the castle was cleared. My team around me all nodded and I opened the door then quickly closed it. There were two hallways, one going left and one going right. I said “Left goes down right goes up,” Stella looked at me skeptically and said “How do you know this?” I replied “I don’t know, I just do. Now are you going to trust me on this?” Eventually she nodded and we all started running down the hallway. I dropped my gun and all the mags on the floor to make me faster. We turned the hallway to see two giant snake mixed with a human type of things. Miriam took her double sided spear and slashed through both of them.
We all kept running up the stairs. Once we reached the top of the first flight I heard the writhing sound of Warbeasts. I heard Locus Yell “We got this keep on going!” I nodded and the rest of the team kept on going. Once we reached the next flight of stairs there were two golems waiting for us. One was made of pure energy and the other of fire. They both shot at us and we barely ducked behind cover. I heard a scream of pain and looked at Alice and Felix. They both had burns over them and I heard Fletcher yell “Take those things down! I’ll stay here and heal these two!” I nodded activated my sword and launched forwards. The blade cut through the energy then it absorbed it.
The surviving Golem growled in surprise then Miriam shouted out a spell and water doused over it. It instantly became encased in stone. She said “Keep it moving!” Jason yelled “I just received word they need help outside! Were loosing!” I yelled back “Get out there and turn the tides! Were almost to the top!” They both nodded then disappeared into a portal.
Violet and Stella yelled “Sol we have a problem up here!” I hurried up the stairs and then I saw it. A door that was giant and in front of it… It made a deep grumbling sound as it stood up. “Me hoping humans come, Me love taste of humans!” I looked up at the giant and Violet yelled “Sol Miriam Go! We can take on this dumbass beast!” We nodded then stepped through a portal Miriam created.
I turned around and said “Thank you for coming with me,” She kissed me and then she said “I can’t go beyond this point, my blood will freeze.” I nodded then she said “I will help them out, humanity’s fate is on you!” I heard Stella yell “GO SOL! WIN THIS FOR EARTH!” I nodded and blasted open the door. In front of me was Jade who seemed to come through the window. She was on the ground battered and beaten and before her was an even bigger door.
The door behind me closed and I said “What happened!” She smiled at me and said “he was too strong for me…” A tear dripped down her face and I said “Jade don’t go!” She looked at me dead in the eyes and said “You know I can’t promise that,” She let more tears dripped down and said “it’s all on you Sol, don’t let humanity down. Now SHOW ME SOL! SHOW ME YOU CAN SURPASS ME!” I said under my breath with more sadness then I realized “Jade…” Then I screamed. It was so loud it seemed like the world could here it, Lightning struck me and my body glowed with fizzling electricity.
“PREPARE TO DIE SAM!” I launched forward through the door to see a now opening portal and Sam in front of it. He was waiting for me and summoned his spears forward. “Good to see you Sol, are you ready to die?” I yelled “YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS WAR!” I pulled out the knife which was now glowing with a blue light. I entered my Dragon Force form and launched forward. Sam smiled then entered his God Slayer form.
The fight was a scramble of slashes and attacks as the knife amplified my power to levels most people could only dream of, it was absorbing all ranged attacks he threw at me and it teleported me around into his blind spots almost hitting him every time. Then it happened.
I got launched backwards as Sam yelled “ENOUGH! YOU WILL DIE MORTAL!” He launched forward and lifted me up by my throat and started choking me. I felt my air slowly leaving me then I heard it outside from the windows a call so loud everyone in the castle could here it. “For SOL!” The human armies called. Then I screamed out “NO! YOU! WONT!” I took the knife turned it around and stabbed it at his chest. Then an explosion shook the top of this Tower. The knife was in pieces on the floor and Sam’s armor was also broken around him, but he himself was fine.
My eyes went wide and he started laughing “You thought that would work! Humans can be so funny! The portal is connected to me directly! I have only a quarter of Lucifers power and that knife couldn’t kill me! Loss is inevitable human!” I closed my eyes feeling the darkness taking my soul.
“I did not raise you to be a quitter Sol! Get your ass off the ground and show us proud!” The darkness around me was lit up by my family members, dead and living. “Save this world!”
I put one hand on the ground and got up onto one knee. “No…” Sam looked at me surprised and said “What was that?” I stood up and said “No… We won’t loose!” I ran0 forward and got ready to punch. I screamed “AHHHH!”

Miriam

I launched the final attack on the Giant and it fell down dead. Stella looked at me and said “Can you feel that?” I nodded knowing the energy in the room was full of darkness, Violet said “I can’t go on, the God Force form still isn’t perfected, were most affective back outside. We can’t use anything at this point. I have also received word that every team member is back down there fighting for there lives. It’s on Sol now.” I yelled “But he’s loosing! He needs help!” Then I heard it! A scream so loud it quite literally shook the castle. The dark energy in the room started to cascade, Stella said “I think he’s got it, she looked worried but I finally nodded and created the portal.

Three years Ago
Sol

“A Dragon Slayer has Five main forms, The first being there normal state, the second is also passive but its there ace ability, then its there first form the Pluto Force Form, then the Dragon Force form, and finally although still a theory they have a form known as a Dragon Light Form, the reason this is only a theory is because anyone who we think has achieved it dies within Five minutes of entering it. But in a fight between to major forces it is usually the only option if something like Earth is on the stakes.” Samsonnite said. I nodded along with my classmates as he continued the lesson.

Present Day
Sol

My fist connected and he went flying backwards. His eyes started glowing and then he yelled “Now you have made me mad!” He went to attack me then I side stepped easily. He growled then I did it again. Then he screamed, his eyes dilated then it was all black. “How do you like it? God Dark Form!” He launched forward and we were both put up into the air.
I concentrated on everything around me the energy, the wind, the ice, the elves, the humans. That was what I protected. I then did it, so much energy flowed into my body it hurt at first. I was like an empty pool before, now I was full of hot lava.
Sam looked at me as my eyes grew a deeper shade of red until they were completely that color. “The Dragon Light Force Form!” Sam yelled “What are you! No WHO ARE YOU!” I said back now floating as well, “Who am I? I have been asking that myself for a long time and now I finally know, I am Sol!” I launched forward and blasts of red and black rode through the sky as our fight dragged on.
“To even kill me you need a massive amount of power in an explosion right next to me! You don’t have the means to do that! And even if you did it would kill everyone around here!” I said “I know… and I’m sorry everyone.” 
Omega…
“This is for Earth! For everything!” I grabbed him and started flying upwards. We were just below Earths outer atmosphere and then I yelled “WELCOME TO DEATH!” I started building up all the electricity I could muster. “That will kill you…!” Sam said with sudden fear, I yelled “Did you just flinch! Because the other guy never flinched! No matter how bad things got! You know him! The Paladin that you killed!”
The energy was at its max and I felt my body dissolving. Then the darkness came and I exploded…. The last thing I heard was “Congratulations Mortal, you have surpassed my expectations, you are worthy of your lords praise, I wish you strength in the after life.” My body let out a blast so large and I felt myself loose everything I had.

The Baptism of Pain
Miriam

The torches were held high as the names of the dead were called out. There were flowers all over the Tower grounds each one representing a person but there was a casket for the broken shards of a weapon, a compass, and a shotgun that worked on demons.
“And finally we commemorate the strongest of us all, Sol Bane Grace. The one who saved us from the impending attack of Lucifer, he was the one who saved our souls. May he rest in peace, and I am honored to declare Sol as one of the Ten Mortal Saints!” The Elves started chanting a spell and the field set on fire devouring all the flowers and the casket.
I wiped a tear off my face as the battle scarred Jade said “For what it’s worth Sol was a great leader, did more then any of us could have imagined…” I nodded along with the rest of the team, Jade moved one of her crutches and said “He surpassed us all,”
I nodded again not feeling like speaking. I watched the casket burn down along with everything else. I felt a pat on my back as my father said “It’s okay honey, all living things were meant to die, it’s just the time that was always changed. Sol was amazing, so were you.” I nodded and felt his arms wrap around me. “Don’t hang on it to much, maybe this is what will make us. Us.” He walked away then I heard Felix say “I have to show you guys something,”
Locus and his burned body looked at me sympathetically and said “Not now Felix,” Felix shook his head and said “it’s about Sol,” That got all of our attention immediately. “Follow me,” He lead us out of the room and into Sol’s old room. He went onto Sol’s computer and opened it up. He brought the mouse over a file that was labeled ‘Bleeding Out’ “I was looking through his computer last night looking for any clues to find his ashes or anything of his then I saw a new file on it, when I opened it there was a single video.” He opened the file and then clicked on the video labeled ‘Before Watching Show Whole Team Felix!’. He clicked on it and it opened. Sol’s silver hair appeared on the screen and he said “Omega are we recording?” A voice said “Yes Sir, Video record is on.” “Thank you Omega, send this to my computer once its done.” “Of Course Sir” Sol smiled and said “Hey Guys, its me.” He sighed and said “Look I don’t have a lot of time but I wanted to say something poetic or clique before I die so don’t count me out just yet.” He took a deep breath and said “I can’t kill Sam in the state I am, he is driven by Lucifer’s power. The only way I can kill him is if I destroy myself in the process. See if I let out a blast of energy so large it would reconstruct the energy surrounding Sam creating a temporary blind spot then the explosion would kill him.” His eyes flashed for a second then he said “But that kills me in the process. But the only regrets I have is not really living with you guys, my family. But for you guys to live I have to give up myself. And it’s funny but it’s actually Colter who made me realize this, in every story when a hero makes the ultimate sacrifice…” He cracked his neck and knuckles then said “He never knows if his sacrifice ever really meant anything, he never knows if the good guys win, the bad guys loose, or if there friends got to live along with his legacy. I guess in the end, you just have to have faith.” The screen flickered black then a red figure in the shape of Sol appeared in it “Ain’t that a b****…”
The screen went black and nothing else happened. The Team stayed in perfect silence for a long time then finally I sputtered out shakily and slowly “God damnit your such an idiot,” I cried but laughed at the same time. I wiped away my tears and left the smile on my face. Felix shut the computer and said “He’s such an ass sometimes…” He laughed to then said “Seriously what kind of guy makes something that clique then mentions its clique.” Chuck grinned and said “Sol I guess,” We all started giggling at first which soon turned to uncontrollable laughing. I heard in my com “Fire Team Legacy! We have great energy readings thirty miles away from here! We think it’s a non human entity, some sort of beast. Response level zero!”
We all looked at each other then Fletcher stepped forward and said “I like the new name,” We all rolled our eyes then ran to the nearest drop ship.

Two Years later

I opened my eyes trying to take a good luck at my surroundings except everything was blurry. I heard someone call out “Hey I found something! Get over here!” I heard a new voice this one was feminine “A boy? In the middle of a crater?” I heard the other one say something then the girl said “Whats will the electricity sparking off him?” “I don’t know… maybe an Elementeler? More importantly look at his arms, ones metal and the other is… gone.” Whats an Elementeler? I asked myself that then I slowly let my body drift off into sleep.

Sol
Three Days later

I woke up in a nice comfy bed, I heard a voice say “He’s waking up,” The person who said it seemed to have a male origin and sounded like he was saying it more to himself then anything else. I opened my eyes and the black haired chubby boy said “Who are you? Are you okay?” I replied “I don’t know if I’m… okay?” The boy nodded then said “Whats your name?” “My name is…” I racked my brain trying to think. “I think my name is Sol” I said. The boy replied “My name is Will, my sister Belle is at her element training right now.”
“What do you mean element?” I asked. Will replied “Are you serious?” With a bewildered expression on his face. My face trumped his though with a down right straight serious look. He said “Oh wait your serious. Well an element is something some people have control of, like fire, or water, or light, and dark, and tons of other stuff.” I nodded and said “Where am I?” Will replied “This is what we call the Leviathan its an element training school. Only two remain on the face of the earth seeing as every school was invited to join with The Tower except for us. This whole school has a total of forty people. Thirty Three Students and seven teachers.”
I asked “Why is there military schools?” Will was about to answer then I heard a door open “Hey bro I’m home!” Will looked up and said “Thats my little sister Belle, she helped heal you.” A cute black haired lady stepped into view. Her eyes glowed with an amber light, she had a sword connected to her back which she unclipped then she said “He’s awake?” Will nodded and said “Woke up ten minutes ago, he’s having some trouble remembering stuff.”
Belle nodded then she said “Hey can you give us the room?” Will nodded then walked out of the room. Belle turned to me brushed away some of my silver air and stared into my blue eyes. “Whats your name?” She asked. I replied “I think my name is Sol,” She nodded then said “Sol… my name is Belle. I’m going to ask you some questions and would it be okay if you answered them with complete honesty?” I nodded then she said “Sol, what year is it?” I replied “It’s year 3276, November twenty-seventh.” She looked at me and said “You got the year right but it’s December right now. Sol you have been asleep for a month. Sol can you use an element?”
I said “I think so? I remember a lot of red and black light, and a lot of pain. Then something about a message to…” She looked at me expectantly then I said “I can’t remember…” She nodded and said sympathetically “Hey it’s okay, we all have our moments… Thank you for cooperating.” I nodded then said “What is this place?” She replied “The Baptism of Fire is what this place is commonly called.” I was about to say something then she said “Get some rest Sol,” I instantly felt sleepy and eventually let the world of sleep over take me.

Sol
One week later

I stepped out of the room for the first time after Belle determined me okay to start training. About halfway through the week when they put anything metal towards my body it instantly was electrocuted so I was starting training today. Belle basically demanded that I followed her to the room where we were heading.
Once we stepped in I heard a voice say “Belle and Sol?” I looked up to see an old man who nodded his head as he read our names. “Sol I understand that you are new here?” I nodded and he said “So first off were going to do a power test, may you step into the room over there, and please put on this suit?” He pointed to a metal door which opened immediately, and gave me a suit. I slipped it on. 1
I stepped in then I heard on the speakers, “Sol the area around you is designed to absorb power as it hits the wall. I want you to release as much lighting as possible right now as hard as you can,” I nodded and put my hands out.
A static feeling started filling up the room then my hands started glowing blue, then white, then red. Soon sparks were running up my human arm and not my metal one. I thrust out my hands to my sides and lightning launched everywhere. It was a torrent of electricity, and chaos every where. The lightning ripped around the room breaking everything. The walls were burned at first being scorched in black then suddenly turning red as they melted.

Belle

I looked at Sol as he charged his hand up. It turned red then I said “What level of electricity Is that?” Professor Pendleton replied “It goes from yellow to blue to white, red is unheard of.” I looked at Sol as he stood in the room, then he let loose. The walls scorched with the lightning as they started to melt around him. The glass room we were in was starting to get really hot, “What’s wrong with the force field?” I asked calmly trying to not show my panic. The professor replied “It was broken when the first bolt hit it, we need to get out of here. Now.” He said with a strange calm.
I opened up the door and he quickly followed. Then a lightning torrent hit the door as it closed. “What the hell!” I screamed. “He broke the f***ing glass!” Professor Pendleton nodded and said “We got out just in time, now we need to see whats inside.
We waited outside for at least ten minutes until the sparks around the room subsided and it was safe to touch things. I put my hands on the door and stepped in. Electricity was sparking off Sol hitting everything in touch, a bolt of lightning ripped off his body and was aimed right at me. I took the metal around me and built up a wall to absorb the attack. More bolts of lightning sprung off of him, they were all red in color.
I broke the wall back down and walked to Sol, he looked at me and his eyes were glowing red. He whispered like he was scared of something “Help me…” his voice was shaky and his body was shaking, I walked closer to him and he said “No! I don’t want to hurt you!” Another bolt of lightning shot off his body, I created a wall just in time to block it.
I walked closer until I was close enough to knock him out. He whispered “Please don’t come any closer…” I kept on walking then I did what no one would expect. I hugged him, I rubbed the back of his silver hair and said “It’s okay…” The bolts of lightning hitting my body at such a close range felt like it was killing me. I felt burning through my body but I stayed like that until about fifteen minutes later his charges started dying down and he started slumping to the ground.
He was crying and I whispered into his ear, “Shhh, its okay buddy.” I went down on my knees and coined rubbing his back and hugging him until his eyes turned to there normal color. He said “I hurt you…” I looked down at my old suit that had burn holes in it with blackened skin showing. I smiled now letting some tears well up in my eyes from the pain and said “I’m fine… You shouldn’t be worrying about me.” He stopped crying and said “I killed them…” I asked “Who?” He replied “Jade… Stella… Locus… all of them. There deaths are my fault.” I whispered into his ear “Hey it’s okay, we all have moments when the hardest choice befalls onto us and we don’t know what to do.” He just cried openly into my arm then the doors opened and all the students entered,” They took a look at the area around us with a sudden horror. I heard someone put there hand on my shoulder and said “Are you okay?”
I nodded and replied “I will be fine just make sure he is okay…” The pain of the wounds finally becoming to much to bare I let my body fall down next to his, the last thing I saw was his hand reaching out to mine and saying “I’m… Sorry,” His eyes closed and so did mine.

Sol
The Next Day

I left the infirmary staring at Belle and headed to what I knew to be the training class room, I opened the door and three pairs of eyes stared at me. The first was Professor Pendleton’s then two kids I have never seen before. Pendleton stared at me and finally said “Sol, why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at the infirmary?” I replied with more forcefulness in my voice then I meant, “I need you to train me,” He looked at the students in the room and said “dismissed.” They both left and he said “Sol I can’t train you, you will become a danger to planet Earth…” I cut him off with this “I’m even more of a danger without control, I could rip this world apart on accident.”
Pendleton looked at me thoughtfully and finally said with some sort of regret in his voice “One week, thats all you get to prove to me that you can be trained at all.” I nodded and he pulled up a holo screen went to some sort of schedule and cleared out everything on it.
His face changed and said “Pick up a weapon were going to the arena, the area around us changed as we were teleported to a weapons closet.
I picked up a glaive and we were teleported again into an arena. Pendleton pulled out a sword and he yelled “Begin!” He launched forwards at me, I didn’t even see the blade until it was right in front of my face. My instincts took over and my glaive was up blocking the sword.
Pendleton jumped backwards then attacked again. I spun twirling the glaive around with me, he attacked again and I blocked barely. He said “Fighting is an art, just like an element.” He slashed his sword at me and I blocked then strikes with the blade part of the weapon. He easily deflected it and said “Your weapons isn’t separate from you, its an extension of you.”
I blocked another attack twirled and stroke back. He dodged got onto my blind side and elbowed me. I flew into the wall creating a tiny hole where I hit. My body was full of immense pain but I got back up anyway.
I flecked my fingers around the glaives shaft. Pendleton launched forwards and took at upper cut with his sword. I put my glaive down to deflect then flipped over him and hit him with the butt of the weapon. He took a couple steps forward being knocked off balance. In that time I ran with a blinding speed in front of him and put my weapon in front of his legs.
He tripped and I replied “Maybe I don’t know what you mean yet, but I’m sure I can figure it out.” He got back up and said “I would be surprised if you couldn’t, after all you do have the same name as a legend among man.” I launched forward and took a strike at him which he caught easily with his own sword “But your attacks are stilly sloppy, undefined, weak.” He spun around me slashed his own weapon which made contact with my skin then stopped immediately as soon as it touched.
“You lose, good first try.” He put his sword back in its sheath at its side. “We begin tomorrow thank you for trying today.” I nodded and dropped the spear like weapon to the ground. I walked out of the arena and went to my room which was now part of Belle’s and Wills dorm.
Once I got to my room Will was in our kitchen making dinner. He pointed to the tv set up in the room and said “I saw your match on the tv, got to say for a beginner your pretty good at that.” I nodded and went into my room. I changed into some street clothes and walked out of our dorm and went into the infirmary.
I walked into Belle’s room and saw another guy there who kissed her forehead and said “I’ll get you out of this, I promise, I wont let anyone hurt you.” He heard me walk in and said “Oh. Wasn’t aware that you were here, sorry about that my name is Roy, I’m Belle’s boyfriend.” I shook his hand and said “Nice to meet you Roy,”  
“So I here your the one who did this? And you destroyed the whole power testing room?” Roy asked. I nodded and said “An accident,” He said “Either way that must be one hell of a kick,” He nodded to me and started walking towards the door. As he brushed past me he stopped and whispered “Stay out of my way kid,” He kept on walking and left the room.
I didn’t know why he would say that but I didn’t intend for him to keep the temporary win for whatever it was that I did wrong. I walked over to Belle and said “Hey, I hope you wake up soon. I wanted to say thank you for taking me in, and everything else.” The unconscious Belle turned on her side and I walked out of the room.
I walked to our dorm and got out two plates for Will and I, he said “Just in time for dinner!” He put some steak on both plates along with baked potatoes. I smiled at him and said “She looks lie she is getting better, in a way.” Will nodded while eating some food and replied “She’s always been strong, this is something new to all of us.” He smiled at me as I started eating the food.
“So today Professor Pendleton told me about this legend of a boy named Sol, I think? Could you tell me what it’s about?” I asked. I shoved a mouthful of food into my body and Will said “Sure,” He smiled at me again and said “People call it a legend but thats not exactly true, more of he was a living legend. It starts when demons overran his home town and his siblings and him were the only survivors. From there he was a freelancer for your years helping out whoever he could whenever he could. He lost his left leg and right arm fighting a treat no one could truly describe, they called him the ‘The Metal Traveler’ In Earths darkest hour he rallied up the tribes of man and the Kingdom Of Elves, he lead the charge into the Castle of Babylon and stopped Sam from reviving the devil, or Lucifer as many may call him.”
“Wait so he did all that? Is he still out there saving lives?” I asked. Will shook his head and said “To take out the man reviving Lucifer he had to take himself out as well, that was two years ago. But now the world is in better shape even though demons are still popping up quite a lot but we have people who will stop them now.” I nodded and said “So Sol is dead?” Will nodded and said “Some people said he wielded red lightning, killed demons with a gun, and his sword was a part of him. Now a-days he is betterly known as ‘The Traveler’ because of his lost life now he travels the spirt world helping humanity in strange ways.”
“How does he help people in strange ways if he is dead?” I asked. Will replied “He had a knife, it was supposed to be able to kill Lucifer except it was broken up into nine shards and was distributed throughout the world to nine different entities. One went to The Elves, One to the Humans, One to the dwarves, One to his old team, One to his family, One to a Soldier known as Locus and the other two were buried for others to find.”
We finished eating then I said “Is there any way I could find one of these last two?” Will said “Well one has been found but the other Is still lost.” I asked “Who found the first one?” He looked around to make sure no one was listening then said “Your looking at her brother,” I said in bewilderment “Belle!” He nodded his head and said “Keeps it in that necklace around her neck, Sol during his days when he moved around a lot saved lots of cities. Belle was in one of those when a demon attack happened, Sol stopped it and saved her. So she keeps it close to her as a talisman, she’s also the only one that hasn’t had it reforged into something like a elf stone.”
I nodded and said “So it’s a shard of a blade?” Will put a thumbs up as he washed our dishes. “Im going to get back to work, se you in the morning.” Will said after he finished cleaning up. I said “Wait! Can I help you?”  Will looked at me skeptically and said “Im working on deciphering Elvish and Demon runes. I think it will be kind of hard for you,” I followed him anyway and he opened up his computer to show a sword, one side was almost a silvery white and the other was a transparent red. Both sides had runes of different origins on it.
“That’s a sword used by Moses as he fought off the demon hordes for the first time. I am in position of it but I can’t exactly use it. It requires the wielder to have an immense power and you have to understand the runes on it.” I looked at the picture and the symbols seemed to make perfect formulas in my mind and I said “On the white side it says ‘Faith, Holy, Man,’ and on the other side it says ‘Death, Pain, Regret”
Will looked at me strangely and said “You can read that!?!” I nodded and replied “You can’t?” He looked up the runes and found them to all be correct. He jumped up from his chair and yelled “After a year of trying to figure it out you figure it out in less then a minute!”
“I don’t know if thats a good or bad thing” I said honestly. Will hugged me and said “it’s amazing!” He went over to his bunk and pulled out a blade of a weapon, he said “Even though I can’t use it I can finally give it to someone who can!” His voice seemed extremely happy as he said it.
I smiled at him and said “Hey while were at it I was wondering if we could get me a arm?” Will looked at my left side of my body and said “Of course, one second.” He put the blade back in the trunk tapped his ear piece said “Professor Pendleton can you clear the training for Sol until next week?” He nodded then said “Of course thank you.” His eyes practically gleamed and said “We will go in tomorrow and get you a new arm, do you mind if I look at what that arm is made out of so your not off balance in weight or anything?” I nodded and he picked up my metal arm.
He said “Woah, this is crucible steel!” I didn’t know what he meant except he started writing a report for the arm and copied the details exactly even the little slot above my. Hand that I was’t sure what it did yet. After about an hour he was done and said “Hey Sol I have a theory, could you do something for me?” I nodded and he said “I want you to cut this in half,” I was about to say ‘with what?’ Then he threw a knife at me.
I don't even know what I did, I put my arm up and suddenly the blade was it two pieces on either side of me. I looked at my arm and a long sword was coming out of the slot. I looked at it with a new sense of wonder then it went back in. “I knew it!” Will yelled. I sighed and said “This is going to be a long night isn’t it?” Will nodded and I asked myself “Is that what she would have said?”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Mar. 26 2018 at 1:19 pm
ElderGold BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 2 comments
SOOOO WHET, YES INDEED!

on Mar. 26 2018 at 1:18 pm
ElderGold BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 2 comments
THIS BOOK IS SO AMAZING!!! BE MY HERO SOL!!!

todd.bryson said...
on Mar. 24 2018 at 4:05 pm
todd.bryson,
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
Good story Jackson. I keep coming back to it and get sucked to see what happens next. Good luck "Felix" on your adventure.