The Stalker | Teen Ink

The Stalker

By shay_marty, pasco, Washington
shay_marty, Pasco, Washington

The Stalker

Being a teen comes with many problems, the struggle to fit in or to have a good reputation are two major factors, that's why I decided to take my first risk as a teenager. It was twelve thirty and the silence of my parents became very apparent. It was a chilly night, colder than most nights, the fall smells filled the night air. Something felt off and gave my stomach a gut wrenching feeling, knowing my friends were waiting for me I ignored the feeling and continued on. Climbing out of my bedroom window I walked over to my car, which I had parked further away than usual to avoid waking my parents. I started the car and went on my way to the party my friends and I planned on going to. It was very quiet; I had never noticed how creepy the roads were at night. To my surprise, the directions led out of the city where the streetlights soon ceased and my headlights desperately hugged the wet roads. To my relief, I found the house and pulled into the very filled park way. I could already hear the blasting music and I called my friend to come meet me outside. As I walked in, I was immediately overwhelmed with the sticky hot air that accumulated in the considerably small house. At first I felt unsure, nervous and wanted to go home but after a while I was having so much fun I didn't even know what to do with myself. A bit tired from all the dancing I went over to grab some punch that was so graciously supplied at the party. As I lifted the cup to my lips, I felt huge budge push me forward, and the punch I had just served myself had split all over my shirt.
“I’m so sorry.” A tall young man said to me.
“No … it's fine… but my shirt…”
The guy was very handsome, he had long dark brown hair and blue/green eyes. He had overly apologized to me and then offered to serve me some more punch. Getting a somewhat off feeling from the guy I thanked him for the punch and made my way back to my friends. The younger guy said a small comment that I didn't bother to hear since I was already on my way back. Not even five minutes later I felt extremely sick, seeing as it was already three in the morning I decided to go home. Heading out to my car I heard footsteps behind me, whipping my head back quickly I only caught the shadow of whom or whatever was behind me. Getting the chills, I walked at a faster pace to my car, got in and locked the doors as fast as I could. Seeing the cost was clear I took a deep breath, started the car and made my way home. Several minutes into the drive my vision became impaired, I rubbed my eyes, they were still blurry. My body felt weird almost like I was starting to float. My skin was on fire like a million hot needles were poking at me. With my best efforts I tried to keep my eyes open as I slowed to pull over, when my headlights struck a tall figure. I stomped on the brakes! With all I had I used my sleepy muscles to swerve out of the way! The tires screeched and the car slammed into a tree head on! I was struck in the face with the air bag and everything went black …
I woke up in extraordinary pain, my head was pounding and my body was so sore I couldn't even move. Regaining my vision, I noticed I was no longer in my car, but was laying on a cold wet surface. The air smelt of wet stone and dirt, and I heard a faint sound, music? Trying to lift my hand to my head I realized I couldn't. Looking down I saw my hands had been bound together with duct tape and also my legs! My heart dropped and my body ran cold as if the blood in my body had made an escape without me. With all the air in my burning lungs I shouted!
“HELP, HELP, HELP!”
“No one will hear you … “A male voice spat out
“who are you...where am I”
“you’re safe... I’ve been watching you. for a long time” he said playfully 
Just then the man stepped forward and gave a smile that only a devil's child could convey. The light was just bright enough to outline his important features. Wait, I know his face. Dark brown hair, blue/ green eyes…
“You were at the party…” I said in a shaky voice
“Yes, yes I was, Might I say… I was really nervous about showing my face to you. I knew it was the right time because my plan worked out perfectly. You know… accidentally bump into you … offer you another drink… perfect opportunity to slip something in your beverage” he spat out 
I gasped.
“I thought you were smarter… didn't your parents ever tell you to never to take things from random people? You made this all too easy for me bonnie” he said
“HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME! WHO ARE YOU!” I screamed with despite.
The man spat out an evil laugh and walked away, BAM! A door slammed and it went silent. After a moment's rest I managed to sit up. I crawled over to a wall and leaned against it. feeling my body's pain more now since my adrenaline was gone, I noticed something protruding on my arm letting my eyes focus I saw that my bone was sticking out a half of an inch from my skin on my forearm. Trying my best to hold back my tears I let out a small whimper.  It wasn't long before exhaustion took over a darkness over overcame my sleepy eyelids. I woke up to the sound of Beethoven my favorite song. With a confused look on my face I heard a voice
“it’s your favorite song… you've got really good taste in music.”
I sat in silence.
“what no reply?... you should be grateful I fixed your arm, and this is how you repay me?”
I looked at my arm it had been bound with fresh bandage, and the bone had been pushed back into place. Before I could look back up I heard the crash of a falling chair and a sharp pain on my newly broken arm. He had a tight grip on my forearm and in a whisper that escalated into a scream he said
“say thank you...NOW!”
SCREAMING IN AGONY “I’M SORRY I'M SORRY!!!”
He let go reluctantly. Feeling my arm start to bleed again, fresh hot tears rolled down my face
“look what you made me do ...IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT…”  he shouted
“No, no, no, no she made me do it ...SHE MADE ME DO IT.” He shouted and clutched his fist and hit himself on the side of the head several times. He kicked a chair that was laying on the ground and the chair flew across the dome shaped enclosure and hit the wall with a huge bang. The room shook. My eyes were open wide with shock and my heart was beating abnormally fast, I took in heavy breaths. I thought to myself “This is my end. I'm going to die here in the nasty cell with the creepy guy and my parents will never know where I am or if I’m alive.” The guy walked out of the room in a hurry and slammed the door again. Just as he closed the door I noticed the room was more visible than before, and I could see all of the features around me. The room was small, which made every small noise seem louder than it really was. There was a wall of tools and a tool box on the far right side of the room. Thinking to myself there could be something to cut the tape that bound my arms and legs, I thought for a plan of escape. Studying my other surroundings, I saw a table, chairs and a rusty pipe that was sticking out of the wall. Knowing that there wasn't much to work with I began trying to come up with different plans. Time seemed to not pass I had no idea what day it was. I waited and waited for my kidnapper to come back into the room but nothing. I decided to make my way over to the tool box. Laying on my still workable arm I used my legs to push myself across the floor.
“Just a bit closer...there!” I said
I was now at the base of the tool box. I rotated my body around so I could make an effort to stand. Reaching my arms up as high as I could I reached for the corner of the tool box.
“Got it!”
Using my stronger arm, I lifted myself up enough to get my feet under me and gain my stability back. Opening the drawers as soundlessly as I could I heard a noise. Quickly grabbing the first thing I could find. Not even knowing what it was I closed the drawer. Hopping my way back to the original resting place I was in, I slid on my butt back against the wall, right as the door opened.
“I brought you some food...you must be hungry” he said with a grin
“I'm not”
“now now there, don’t be difficult”
Thinking to myself I was hungry, but I would die of starvation before I let this guy give me food or anything for that matter. The smell that as accumulating from the bowl was revolting. Yet he lifted a spoon to my mouth
“Open wide” he whispered
I refused and turned my head to the side. He sat back with a disappointed look on his face. We made eye contact.
“you’re going to have to get along with me you know… I'm not going to let you die from not eating with I have plenty of food…” He said with the most serious face.
I sat up. he moved closer with the bowl, picked up the spoon and lifted it to my lips. I looked him in the eyes and spit in his face. He closed his eyes and wiped his face with his shirt, he laughed. All too fast he reared his hand back and slapped me across the face! I let out a small whimper, my lip started to bleed. He grabbed my face and used his hand to push my jaw apart and shoved the spoon in my mouth. C***ing my head back I hit him right on the bridge of his nose with my forehead. He fell on his back, he screamed in pain. I found the item had picked up in the toolbox and realized it was a small Philips screwdriver. Making fast work I reached down and started to cut away the tape bound around my feet! Then worked on my hands, just as I cut the last bit off the man sat up and realized what I was doing. His nose was bleeding severely and the blood was all over his face. He reached his hand to his face wiped some of the blood off on the back on his hand and gave an evil smile, most gut twisting smile. We both stood up at the same time. He made the first move. Running directly at me, I ducted and fell to the ground, he slipped on the blood that split from his nose and hit his head on the wall. Grabbing his head, he looked at me and screamed.
“GET OVER HERE”
I ran toward the door and before I could open it he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me back to the ground. Falling on my broken arm I felt the bone pop back out. I screamed in utter pain. He sat on top of me and wrapped his hands tightly around my neck. Struggling to breath. I thought of only my mom and my dad. NO I have to try! Almost unconscious, I looked over to the left and saw the screwdriver and reached over as far as I could to grab it. My hand wrapped around the plastic base, and in an all too fast moment jammed the screwdriver right into his right eye. The man fell back shouting, blood was everywhere. Not looking back, I limped my way over to the door. I felt a hand on my arm, looking back I said
“you just don't want to die!”
Pushing him back against the wall the rusty pipe I saw earlier, it smashed through his abdominal region. He looked up at me, blood dripped from his mouth, he spat out blood trying to say something. Without even blinking I made my best efforts to get out the door. I opened the door to a small living room. Looking around in the dark trying to find an exit. I saw the faint glow of what I thought to be the outside. Limping over to the door, I swung it open! The light rushed in and my eyes burned so bad as if I hadn't seen the sun in years. Walking off the porch way my feet hit cold stone on the ground. Trying to regain my ability to see I heard the faint sound of children's laughter, and dogs barking. Finally having the ability to see I realized that my surroundings were all too familiar.
“these roads, these houses…” I said in a whisper.
Seeing a crowd of people starting to circle me, I finally realized and important key of the situation in was in. My kidnapper, he wasn't just some random guy, no he lived in my neighborhood. Looking down the street I saw my house. I heard a shout!
“BONNIE!?”