Woods

By , Yardley, PA
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

The Second Threat

Berries, berries, berries is all the ate for the next 20 minutes. They ate till they were full. They ate more when they were full. But then, after that solid, yummy, delectable 20 minutes, thirst rose in both of them like fire. They needed water. It was not mandatory now, but it was still important, and would get worse the longer they waited. Again Brian set out in another direction, out of the clearing. As he walked out of the clearing, he decided to eat the berries, they must have water with them, to take away the thirst. Thirst Berries. “Yes” thought Brian. “That's what i’ll call them, thirst berries”. As he thought the name he came up with was brilliant, he heard the most, beautiful, crisp sound. Water. Water. The word swam through his mind like jelly. For a few seconds that's all he could hear in his mind. He felt woozy and trance like. Then a voice in his head just like his own said, “Should I go, or shouldn’t I?”
Another voice, raspy, bitter, and evil sounding said, “Water is ahead. Don’t you want it?” Brian's feet started moving automatically. He couldn’t stop them. He willed them to stop, tried to move his hands to make them stop. Nothing worked. His vision blurred. Then his feet stopped again, the first voice speaking to him in a stronger voice, “No, no I won’t.” The first voice won the battle of the argument, and as quickly as the trance had come, it was gone. He found himself, dangerously close to a cliff, a cliff with no visible bottom. The bottom to him was nothing but mist. He stood there dumbstruck, then wheeled around, and started sprinting back to the clearing. Once he reached it he sat down thinking. He thought this might be one of the forests tricks. He remembered the voices taking over his body. He remembered the pure, crisp sound of the water. He knew that the forest was trying to hurt him. The wolf, and now this. He realised now, he was even thirstier now than he was before. He found Felicity. He told her everything. Once he was finished they sat there, wondering what would’ve happened if the trance hadn’t risen.
Sunset was falling on them fast as if it was rain. They were still parched, and Brian had not found water. He knew to survive, they needed water, soon. They climbed into their tree hut, and got ready for bed. Felicity fell almost instantly to sleep, and Brian sat there thinking. They were still thirsty, and they had food. But the only problem with the food supply they had was that it made them unbearably thirsty and not having water was a problem. In order to have this food, Brian thought, they needed water. If there was no water, there was no food. Brian knew next time tomorrow, he had to find water. He had to. He just had to. He knew that to find water, he needed to block out the voices, which surely, would come back. He also sadly knew, that if Felicity wasn’t given water or food, she would die sooner that he would because she was a little smaller and more vulnerable. He fell into a deep sleep thinking of these thoughts. They survived another day.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

HufflepuffKeeper said...
@DvidCurzizz hi

DvidCurzizz said...
much wow. daz cool. much cool