Woods

By , Yardley, PA
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Lost

They yelled, they cried, they screamed, nothing worked. Their parents were far from them probably just finding out their kids weren’t with them. They were lost in the Honshir Woods. They attempted to go back the way the came, which only lead them farther into the woods. They made their way into a clearing. It was a semi-big clearing with one actually looking living tree in the middle. No trees were in the way so the sun shone down in the clearing. Darkness was falling upon them quickly and they needed shelter quick if they were to live through the first night. Hunger etched at Brian’s stomach and he knew somethings in the woods aren’t very nice and might not like them. The three words in his mind was, “Keep Felicity safe”.
Last summer, Brian had gone to a camp that taught him camping skills such as survival food tips, what is good to eat and what is not, and animal safety. He knew what to do. He decided to set up camp in the clearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian spent the next half-hour thinking about setting up a so-called campsite. He looked around the clearing to see what area would be the best place to set up. He walked and thought as Felicity went over to the tree to think. Felicity said, “Hey, Brian come and look at this”. Brian treked up the hill to the big tree in the middle of the clearing. She was standing near a hole in the tree. The hole looked small at first, but as he approached it, he saw it was a huge hole inside the tree. It looked as if someone had taken all of the wood from inside it and left the inside hollow. It definitely would hold two people. Brian declared this their temporary camp ground.
He started finding sticks, barricading the opening of the hole. He hoped this barricade would act as a door. Then he looked inside the hole. He expected see rotten, blackened, noxious looking wood but to his surprise he saw fresh, natural looking wood. He guessed this tree is an oak. He squeezed into the hole and once he was in it, he crouched inside the hollow tree. He invited Felicity to join him so he could estimate how much room they had. They had enough room for the both of them. He began making sure everything in the hole was sanitary by scooping bugs out and cleaning the floor. Once he was done with that, he begins to think about a fire. He had not learned to make a fire at the camp, but he kind of had an idea of how to start one. He began to collect firewood. He knew one thing about fires. The wood needed to be dry and frail so that it would catch on fire easily. He found the perfect sticks because it hadn’t rained. One of the rumors of the Honshir Woods that both his sister and himself had heard was that the Honshir woods never rained and won’t rain in a thousand years. By looking at the wood Brian thought this rumor must actually be true. He then piled up everything and got ready to start it, looking for a starter. Brian and Felicity all calm and still. Until the first threat came upon them.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

HufflepuffKeeper said...
@DvidCurzizz hi

DvidCurzizz said...
much wow. daz cool. much cool