Following the Rabbits | Teen Ink

Following the Rabbits

By AlannaMiller07, Brimpaen, Other
AlannaMiller07, Brimpaen, Other

One summer morning there was a little girl named Hannah she asked her mother if she could go outside for a bit her mother replied “only for an hour then we need to go to town”. Hannah was walking though the field and she came past a rabbit she said “hello” to the black spotty  rabbit then all of a sudden a mother and baby rabbit hopped right between her legs she wounded where they had came from. Hannah tried to pick one of the rabbits up but she was not successful, the rabbits hopped as fast as they could away but Hannah really wanted to see were the rabbits go to. Hannah desisted to follow the rabbits but Hannah forgot the promise she made to her mother that she was going to be only an hour. Her mother was yelling out from the cottage saying “Hannah your time is up you need to come back all we will be late for your appointment at the hairdressers”, but Hannah did not reply to her mother so Hannah’s mother went racing outside to find her she was so worried about Hannah. Hannah’s mother finally found Hannah. Hannah’s mother said “where have you been?  I was so worried about you next time answer me when I call you name” Hannah replied “I was following rabbits to see where they go and I did not hear you calling out my name I am sorry for making you so worried”  “that’s ok we need to get going for your hairdressers appointment”.

Hannah’s appointment had finished and they where home Hannah raced in side knocking her mother’s favourite pot down Hannah’s mother came in and found it all over the ground. Hannah’s mother was very furies with Hannah. Hannah was sent to her room bulling her eyes out. Hannah was very annoyed with her mother she was not allowed to go outside for the rest of the day and was not allowed to follow the rabbits any more. Hannah was so disappointed but then Hannah came up with a great idea to get outside thought the window in her room, Hannah climbed out her window and sprinted to the forest before her mother could see her. Hannah saw the rabbits and followed them, then Hannah came to a fence her mother always told her to never go over this fence because on the other side was a very unhappy miserable old man named Mr Colin he was the grumpiest men she had ever seen before. Her mother always when into the forest and one day Hannah’s mother crossed the fence and Mr Colin saw her and tripped her over then slapped her across the face, so Hannah decided she would not cross the fence after remembering what her mother told her about Mr Colin, so Hannah stopped following the rabbits and ran back home Hannah was a the edge of the forest she saw her mum doing the gardening outside in the garden which was on the other side of the house Hannah rushed over to her window and founded that it was locked that her mother found out that she was gone Hannah’s mother walked over to Hannah not impressed. “Hannah you are in very big trouble you will go to bed with no dinner” said Hannah’s mother screaming at her. Hannah went inside to her bedroom looking for her pyjamas, Hannah found her pyjamas and slipped them on and curled up in bed. That night her mother was up until midnight cook for a birthday party at Hannah’s best friend’s house so Hannah had to get a big sleep before tomorrow. Hannah woke up early this morning to get ready for the party she wore a pretty pink dress with a pink bow. Hannah and her mother drove to the party when they got there all Hannah’s friends came racing out Hannah had not seen her friend for a week. Hannah jumped out of the car and gave all her friends a hug, all of the girls and Hannah went and played on the play ground. Half-hour later Hannah was getting bored and wanted to do something different but suddenly Hannah saw a rabbit they were the same ones she had been following there was the black spotty rabbit, and the mother and baby rabbit. Hannah was very immature and didn’t listen to what her mother had said and started to follow then. Hannah was getting tied and puffed out so she stopped to have a break she saw in the dissents a cottage she walked a bit closer to see who was there. Hannah had walked all the way from their friend’s house to her own house. Hannah new she would get into trouble if her mother found out so Hannah rushed back to the party before she got into trouble. Hannah finely got back but whirl Hannah was walking back she fell over and had a huge cut on her leg and all of herb dress ripped Hannah walked inside crying  Hannah’s mother came over and gave her a big hug “Hannah what happened why is your dress ripped and you have a big cut on your leg what have you been doing” Hannah said “I fell over on a stick and my dress got court and I landed on the stick and cut my leg I’m sorry mum I no I should have listened to you about not following the rabbits” Hannah replied. “That’s okay Hannah I’m more worried about you hurting yourself, but where did u go” “I’m sorry mum I went over the fence” said Hannah. “But you know you are not allowed over there you need to stop following those rabbits all your going to end up being in big trouble by Mr. Colin’s and you know that his the biggest lie and will get you into bigger trouble if you keep going over the fence, one day Hannah you will regret all of this I know I did.” “What do u mean mum” replied Hannah in a quiet squeaky voice “I mean I did it to I followed those rabbits and I went over the fence and I got in to big trouble Hannah I was locked up in a shed Mr. Colin’s locked me in there because I enter his land he tried shooting at me . But your grandma came over and started looking for me but two days later they found me they had police even looking for me I had to even  go to hospital if was so sick from being locked up in the shed. Mr. Colin’s was charged $452.00 and 6 months in jailed for child harassment and I was charged $50.00 for entering privet property, see I regret that big time.  Hannah those rabbits are no good they cause you a lot of trouble Hannah”. But Hannah didn’t listen to her mum and caped following the rabbits she caped going in to Mr. Colin’s privet property Hannah was determent to follow those rabbits and see where they had came from. A day later Hannah’s mum was looking everywhere for her but Hannah was nowhere to be seen in the morning her mum got out of bed and founded the window open and Hannah not in her bed her mum through she had gone for a morning walk but Hannah was somewhere that her mother does not know about. Hannah had been locked up in the shed at Mr. Colin’s house. She was not home for 3 days Hannah’s mother was getting very worried but then she through that Hannah has been following those rabbits again and has gone on to Mr. Colin’s property so Hannah’s mother drove to Mr. Colin’s house and said “where’s my daughter you have her locked up in that shed the one you locked me up in when I was little” “tack your daughter I have nothing to do with her” said Mr. Colin’s. A few days later Hannah was never going to follow those rabbits again. “mum will never follow those rabbits again, cross my heart and hope to die that I will never do that again, now I know what you mean when you say that was your biggest regret because that’s my biggest regret to and I am very sorry for making you so worried I should of listened to you when you said not to follow those rabbits they are no good”, said Hannah “Hannah it okay I’m just so happy you have leant from your mistakes I am so happy you are home i love you so much Hannah i am so glad you are my daughter and my daughter only.