The Chronicles of Everson and Dravedin | Teen Ink

The Chronicles of Everson and Dravedin

By WriterZ, Indiana, Pennsylvania
WriterZ, Indiana, Pennsylvania

Author's note: I made this with my faithful partner, Josh .

Dravdein a born, swore warrior of his people. Though he was abandoned by his father, Vulcan. Vulcan had hated Dravdein before he was even born because the god of fire already knew his baby wouldn’t have his fire powers. So for that, he cannot carry on his father’s legacy. His wife didn’t want him to kill the innocent baby, so she ate a powerful fire orb, stolen from Vulcan which was a gift from Hades, giving the child what seemed like fire powers even though it was just next to him. The orb didn’t dissolve but did get to the child. It tricked Vulcan’s keen senses. His wife died anyway because there was no way a human could bare the orb, especially inside.

When Vulcan saw the baby, and the orb he thought only that his wife tricked him and showed absolutely no pity to the baby. Vulcan let the baby there along with the orb to die. Minutes and hours have passed, not one soul came. Until the day, an old woman along a trade route spotted a bright shiny, glowing bright red and orange orb. It was beautiful; the magnificent wisps of colors inside almost mesmerized her into a deep weariness. She crept slowly and found out that there was something else underneath the silk cloth right beside the orb. The old merchant slowly turned over the silk cloth.

Her heart stopped in an instant. It was a baby! Tears started to form in her blue bright eyes. W-w-was it dead? No, it wasn’t it was breathing. A sigh of relief went through her body. She spoke to the baby quietly, still shaking her emotions, “Don’t you worry.” She thought for a moment, “Mommy is going to take you home.” She picked the baby up and walked back home.

Gloria has never been a mother. Her also slow and old moving and doing habits will have to adjust to the baby, too. After years and years, the baby was now a boy. Twelve year old Dravdein was already as smart as anyone. Gloria was so happy for him, there were tears in her eyes. She watched him grow, but she knew she would have to die sometime. She was already in the death ages and weakening fast. That’s when she had to tell him about his birth. She hacked and coughed at each word. It was hard for Dravdein to listen.

He was scared, he was afraid, but somewhere back in his head he knew he had to get revenge. First priority get revenge, second priority get the immortal drink for himself and his mother. But how could he get revenge on a god he thought? That’s when at Gloria’s dying breath, she showed Dravdein the beautiful Orb, of Fire.

He told him how to kill Vulcan by maxing the orb to its full potential. But there was one dangerous thing, how could he even get close? Or, he could die to! Another surprise, she brought out a shield and some carefully designed armor along with a long spear. She told him to avoid death himself, he had to kneel down behind his shield and place the spear right next to him. She also told him, that she knew he was going to turn out to be one of the best warriors ever. Gloria’s eyes fell on the boy that held the shield and spear in front of him. Just as she imagined, a fierce warrior, and relentless spirit.

So at that, when he turned older and more fit to wear and do stuff. He set out on his journey. Putting on his armor made him feel, well, different. On his first day already he encountered many ferocious animals like hyenas that laughed in the cold brittle wind. From his bad encounters with the unyielding beast, he was badly bruised, but he couldn’t give up not now. His “mother” told him it was a day and a half journey and to travel only during daylight. She also said let the sun, wind, and your own senses guide you to the right place.

When he saw the magnificent palace he gasped! It was huge built out of beautiful shining marble, stone, and granite. Surprisingly there were no sounds or guards out at the door. The warrior slowly crept to the door. It was about 30 feet tall. He knocked slowly and could hear it echo through the vast space inside. What else could he do?

Meanwhile Vulcan inside doing nothing slowly pushed himself off the table. Sluggishly, he opened the door and found out it was his son! Vulcan had nothing to say. He made a fake smile and welcomed Dravdein inside. Dravdein refused kindly purposely showing his father no slight expression of gratitude, “I know what you did father. The time of lies is over.” Slowly he showed Vulcan the fire orb. It was Vulcan’s only weakness, but the ignorant Dravdein didn’t know its special powers by death himself Hades.

“You wouldn’t dare?!” spoke the god of fire slowly and stunned words getting in choked up when they came up his throat.

“You know I will.” Dravdein replied with a smile of delight on his face, not knowing what the orb would do to his cruel father. No, rather his enemy Vulcan.

“NO!” cried Vulcan his voice trailing off with the wind and bouncing of the white marble walls that were slightly enlightened by the fire orb.

“Yes.” The boy muttered. Dravdein activated the orb and did exactly what he was told to do, by his mother. ‘Drive the orb toward Vulcan’s mouth and make sure you see it ride down his throat and then and only then will you be assured that the orb had done its job.’ It worked; he had defeated his evil father as the orb was bright as it rolled down Vulcan’s throat that produced vile words in the moment of pain. Knowing how evil his father was he still cried. But what about his mother? He didn’t have time for this. So he went back, to the mother’s corpse’s house. And said to the lifeless body, “I killed Vulcan.” He looked slowly at the pale body, as tears covered his grief stricken eyes, “And as I said I will get you that immortal and life water.” Dravdein brought himself together and stood up. He was determined to save his mother and himself from death; he was a warrior as his mother would have told him.

On the way to finding the immortal water, he encountered an old man with a staff that looked like it was made by the gods. It was beautifully designed with golden stripes and titanium jewels. At the top was a bright red sphere. Quickly the warrior got into a defensive stance and used his bold voice to face the comer. “HALT!” The person didn’t answer. Perhaps he didn’t speak English? No it cannot be.

“Tell me who you are!” the man kept coming closer and closer.

“I mean you no harm.” The stranger said mumbling.

Dravdein relaxed and put his spear down. “Who are you?”

“That will be none of your business.” The stranger replied coldly.

“When I ask something YOU will answer me!”

“Oh, who are you?”

“I am Dravdein, son of Vulcan and Moania!” the man said proudly!

“Hmm, well, I was just passing by.” As the older man rudely pushed Dravdein away. How dare the “wizard” treat him like that. With all his anger built up he was so angry and took his spear and stabbed it with all his strength right in the back of the old man.

“ARRRRGGGG!” the man let out a horrific cry.

“THAT’S WHY YOU DON”T TREAT ME TH….” Said Dravdein yelling but he stopped right in the middle realizing what he has done. A puddle of blood piled up on the dirt road staining it red.

His anger and pride took him over. Now, he could never find the way. Not with a heart like his anymore. He kept wondering around and around.

The warrior was now almost starving and dehydrated. Regretting his mistake of killing the wizard. Every moment he is desperate, exhausted, and remember the scene of him killing the innocent man and his mother’s words, to find the way home he had to have a pure heart.

Only hours to live left, Dravdein or anyone knew that they would die. Looking around for something or someone, he spots a young girl. Quickly, he dashes to the girl dripping constantly. “Ma’am, please, wait… I, I need that water your carrying.” Said Dravdein quickly when he staggered trying to make his way to the woman.

“Who are you?” the woman said in a nice soothing voice.

Dravdein was thinking of saying he was the one in charge, but at this point there was no point in playing dumb. Huffing, “I’m, uh.” For a second Dravdein didn’t even know his own name, “Dravdein.”

“Oh, hi, Dravdein.” She slanted her head, “Of course you can have my water, but how are you, I mean how did you end up here?”

“Where’s, here?” said Dravdein
while gulping down water.

“This is the bottom of the mountain that me and my son live on.”

“Who’s your son?”

“Everson.”

“Did, did you just say Everson?” Dravdein is now shocked.

“Yeah, why?” she asked slowly.

“Never mind, so what’s your name?”

“Aitna.” The woman replied wamly.

“Oh okay, where did you get this water?”

“The river was right there she pointed where he came from.”

“How did you not spot that?”

“Oops.” Dravdein now embarrassed. He didn’t want to tell the truth. But rather his thoughts returned back to his thirst of water
Quickly realizing his great hunger “Please, can you help me? I’m starving.”
“Yes of course”

“Thank you.” Aitna turned around, signaling with her hand to come to the entrance.
The starving man followed. She led him into a tunnel, which led to her house. “Here we are.”
Gaping Dravdein stares at the expensive furniture that lined the home.

At the back of the corner was a man. He looked furious. “WHERE WERE YOU?” “AND WHO IS THIS MAN?!”

“It’s a guest and I’m sorry I had to help him he is about to die.”

“Oh, I’m sorry mother, I didn’t know, I, I, was just, I don’t know.” Said the other man quietly, apologizing. Then the man stared at Dravdein.

“Uh, thank you sir.” Dravdein said once the man looked at him.

“I heard you defied the gods? How?” he said surprised. “As a matter of fact, I also hate the gods.”

For a long time the man looked at Dravdein then said, “You sure know something about me. But, you don’t know the best of it.” So after a nice meal they talked for a long time. An quickly Everson and Dravdein were friends.

That night in the guest room, Dravdein couldn’t sleep so he got up wandering around thinking about his life and his future here.

When he got up from his restless sleep, Everson was screaming! Having a headache Dravdein thought it was something stupid so he went back to lay down. Just has he thought, the screaming stopped, just about he was going to get up Everson started screaming again! What in the world? The warrior opened the door and found out that Everson was also crying, but no sign of his mother. Not knowing what to say but the scene itself showed it all, Aitna was dead. Her blood was all over the whole living room. Staring at all the blood Dravdein was paralyzed. How? How? Could this happened?

After days and days Everson never did anything. But one day he got out of his room with a smile on his face.

“You look happy.” Dravdein somewhat unsure of his expressions.

“Yes, I know who did this, the gods did.” the man said mumbling. “I also know what we are going to do.” His smile grew even bigger.

“What?” was all Dravdein could say.

“I’m getting revenge, again.”

“How do you that the gods did this and what is your plan?”

“ I know it was them because they are the only ones that knew about us two meeting,” Everson replied pointing at the two of them, “ I also know this to be true because only gods can kill each other so Aitna was killed by a good or gods. And I plan on stealing. Stuff.”

“I can help you.”

“How? And why?”

“I am a warrior myself and the gods didn’t save my mother and didn’t help me through my way.” “So, I will help you.” Dravdein grabbed his armor and everything needed for an all-out fight, but Everson stopped him, “No today we are just stealing, next time is when we are fighting.”

On their way to Mount Olympus they stopped at many rivers to drink and ate there packed food which was stale bread but to the hungry men it was the food of the gods. “Here we are.” Everson cheerfully looked at the mountain in front of him and sighed with relief.

“How are we supposed to get up there?” Dravdein said confused. “Bring a ladder or fly up there I’m assuming? Though we have neither.”

“Hah!” Everson laughed, “No, I can make rocks bigger, so all we have to do is stand on a rock and I increase its size so much we reach the top!” Nothing Dravdein would have ever expected.

As Dravdein stood on the rock it began to increase in size he heard a crumbling and rumbling noise. Yelling over to Everson on the other rock, “HOW MUCH LONGER?”

Everson replied yelling back, “NOT MUCH LONGER!” and as Everson said it wasn’t much longer, they were at the top. It was beautiful, the whole kingdom.

Zoning all the noise out Dravdein never had seen anything like this, he found himself staring and admiring the kingdom. “Hey, HEY, are you ready?” Everson waving his hands in front of Dravdein to get his attention. Shaking his head Dravdein nodded, “Yeah.” He said in a whisper.

“How do you expect us to get in?”

“Oh it’s not just us, I have got allies.”

“Where are they?” said Dravdein nervously, “I don’t want to wait up here to long, and let them spot us.”

“Relax they are coming up right now.”

There were three of them, all looking muscular and powerful. They all greeted one another and introduced themselves but didn’t say any names. Then they set off going to steal the food of the gods and the drink of the gods because Everson and Dravdein both knew that these items would make them and their families immortal.

Even more things surprised Dravdein, like, how could they walk on clouds? Or everyone on Mt. Olympus is immortal. How could they get passed even the gate? When they reached to the gate the guard yelled at them with a strong, bold, commanding voice, “WHO ARE YOU AND WHY HAVE YOU COME HERE?”

“Let me talk to them.” Everson whispered and stepped forward. “We have come here to, uh.” Walking closer to the man. Then jabbed a knife right inside his stomach, and lowering his voice putting his face right up to the guard’s. “Getting revenge and you are immortal but you can feel pain so feel pain for the rest of your life.” And Everson let go and opened the gates. He signaled for them to come in. However, Dravdein was frozen in his tracks, it reminded him to much of his killing of the wizard, and now, what mess as he gotten into. Slowly he started to follow.

“Okay listen up, guys.” Said Everson, his voice now a whisper, “Dravdein you have to distract them.” “Lemerinine, you go and try to steal stuff from the second floor in the alley of golden riches.” He sighed, “I on the other hand will have to stay here because all the guards no me and they WILL kill me on the spot.” “Okay, now Nouriot, you will stay with me in case we get into trouble.” “And Gargas, you are fast so you wait on the cloud floor where we get in and make sure you signal when it is clear.” “We meet back here at the set of the sun.” “Anyone who is late will be abandoned.” “This mission is dead critical.” “We cannot fail or we will be punished.” “Am I understood?”

“Yes.” Everyone said in unison. No one said anything more, they knew what they had to do.

Dravdein was nervous, but he conquered hit by saying he was a tough man, but not to an immortal. “Hello.” Dravdein cleared his throat, “How are you?”

He got a grumpy reply, “Good, who are you, why are you here, and how come I wasn’t informed about your entrance?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that I would know everyone here who enters or lives here.” “You on the other hand I don’t know.”

It’s like the man’s playing with him, like he knows he doesn’t live here. “I am, uh.” Thinking wildly, “Athena’s child.”

“Athena had a child?”

“No I was just kidding.”

“I am actually.” Taking a few step backwards seeing the signal from Gargas to come back, “Bye!”
Dravdein ran as fast as he could out. He met Everson, Nouriot, and Lemerinine. “Where’s Gargas?” Everson said.

“He should be right b...” a scream interrupted him. Gragas was killed. “LETS GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!” now Everson said yelling.

Once they got back to Everson’s house they divided the treasures. The gods were informed about this and they were infuriated! They could easily punish them but they wanted something more. They wanted to have fun with them. They wanted to break up Everson’s and Dravdein’s friendship together, first. It was unbreakable both of them would just forgive each other, eventually. How could they break the unbreakable? But the gods found out there weakness, it was their possessions.

So the gods took away Dravdein’s shield and Everson’s prized medallion. They made each other think his friend took it, so they would get in a big argument and it did.

“WHY THE HECK DID YOU TAKE MY SHEILD?” both yelling at each other

“I DIDN’T I SWEAR! BUT I KNOW YOU TOOK MY MEDALLION!”

“DON’T EVEN LIE, RETARD!!!”

Thy both took weapons, Dravdein took his spear, Everson took his sword.

They both yelled, “DIE!” a ferocious battle took place right there right now. Dravdein took the first blow, taking his advantage of the range he lunged at Everson with his spear straight at his chest. Everson moved to the side and took a swing at his spear. It immediately changed the force of his momentum and it drove Dravdein to the side against the wall knocking him down. “Heh.” Says Everson, “IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN MUSTER???!” Taking the advantage once again Dravdein kicks Everson right it the middle of the fork of his legs. Quickly, he took his spear and jabbed it through Everson’s chest. “You friend.” Dravdein said slowly and quietly, “I, I see it now.” “The gods did it to us the gods did!” at Everson’s dying breath he jabbed his sword into the calm Dravdein.

“Oh, yes I, I, see it now, I’m sorry.” “They did this intentionally.” Everson speaking scratchy.
“I am also sorry.” Dravdein said slowly, “But we die as…” and they both fall to the ground, not one word coming out of any of the both of them. They died as enemies, but also as friends. And their vision went black.

It was a long dark journey, the air was thick and smelled like death itself. It whispered and hollowed as it moved through the rough concrete labyrinth. There was no life just souls creeping in cages that held them forever , in an everlasting blood curdling time, that never cease to burden even the lightest souls the kindest and drag on for the heaviest souls.

This journey was taken by many, but not by someone with an extensive past, not like Everson. Everson walked down the dinghy, dirty walls. Spontaneously, his guide turned to a door that looked like it was as old as the earth, handing on the cracked walls gray walls with only one hinge take creek profusely as the guide opened the door. As Everson walked, the threshold creaked with agony, as he entered into the space which he knew not if it was a room or a hall he could feel death, like all the evil things in Pandora’s box was thrown into spaced and as hope came out at the bottom the evil overwhelmed it and strangled it and it ceased to exist. A feeling and a place Everson had never experienced.

Farther down into the hopeless space were cages in the back left corner. There standing before Everson’s eyes where two cages, side by side.

Why two?

While he was thinking he was pushed into the cage that rubbed against both walls in the corner leaving the second cage.

Then the whole experience dug into his very soul as he thought where he was and the journey that he had taken. A journey that is only to be taken once in a life time or rather in an afterlife time, the journey to the underworld. Later he would find out that he was contained on the bad side of the underworld.

Why by himself why with this cage? He was sure that in the underworld every bad soul was contained in one room.

As his thoughts slowed down, he finally realized that although the door that led to this dungeon (as it would have been called in life) that any light that tried to sneak though was killed. Everson was very surprised it seemed that everything ceased to exist, even light, even the very sound that he would like to emit ceased. His soul couldn’t physical talk but rather think.

For all eternity he would think, deeply going into the darkest parts of his mind. The thought didn’t settle in his soul well, but rather like reality. Pushing it way where it is not welcome and making you welcome it.

Minutes and hours were no different, neither day and night as Everson sat in his cage thinking about his past life, thinking about his family. Think about his friend. Dravdein. How he had wronged him and how this one wrong think led to his dead, which led to this.

Then his thoughts were interrupted by a sound. That sounds familiar? He thought for a second. He wondered how long it had been since he heard any kind of sound days, months, even possibly years. Then another more important thought overcame Everson, where had he heard that sound? A different but familiar sound was released and he realized it was coming from the door. A silhouette. Another soul; preceded into the room.

The man as it seemed had a more restless soul then Everson, maybe it was because where he was a little faster than Everson. Then as the man fully entered the dark space he looked straight into Everson’s eyes, like he could see Everson’s silhouette as he could see his. The stare lasted for eternity. Only broken by the swift movement of the man as he was pushed into the cage beside Everson, then the stare preceded.

As Everson stared something in his mind clicked, I have seen this man before, he thought thinking more. That just at that moment the man’s eyes grew big like he had been enlightened but how in such a dark and hopeless place. Then as Everson thought more something clicked in his mind, his eyes grew as big as the silhouette of a man in front of him. At that moment they thought exactly the same thing.

Everson finally figured out that the man in front of him was Dravdien, and he knew in his very soul that Dravdien knew that he was Everson. There was an awkward silence as they learned more so Dravdien learned that in the underworld sound ceased to exist in this room. Neither them communicating but know without a doubt in their hearts what his friend was thinking.
The stare that had lasted between them stopped as Dravdien sat down Everson realized at that time he was standing. And did the same as Dravdien and leaned against the wall, both letting the experience set in. Both in deep thought.

Suddenly, both the darkness and the silence were shattered with the sound of the dungeon door opening, creaking as before which was followed by a torch that light up a face, the light not hitting the his eyes which were in the shadow. This site and sound made both Dravdien and Everson wonder and stand. They curiosity grew as the man as he seemed came closer and spoke.

“This is quiet hilarious if you might ask me, the two most powerful men in this place, wow!” The man’s stature and face puzzled but happy to see these two men. “I would suppose you might be wondering why you are hear,” lifting his hands to the space around him, “but that is another matter. If you might know,” pausing “I am Hades,” Hades let the words hang expecting no questions because he knew that souls can only think. “god of the underworld.”

Everson looked at Hades wondering why he was here, why he was meeting these them but most importantly why he referred to them as the most powerful men.

Gliding his hand through his dark black hair he look at the two men, “This is quite unpleasant that cannot have a conversion with you, I must do something about it,” as he said this the doors of the cage opened in front of the Everson and Dravdien, who kept asking themselves questions that they felt would be answered in the near future.

“Beyond this door is your physical body,” with that Hades left through the door leaving it open.

Everson was sure that he did it on purpose. With hesitation in their steps they went through and past the door where a man in a black robe that covered every part of his body pointed and spoke not. Quickly the friends understood and interpreted the gestures and followed the person that would guide them to their physical bodies.

They went through the gray dark halls of the underworld going left and right and down halls, neither of the two men being guided memorized the way they came. Suddenly, they stopped by a door that looked as bad as the door that occupied the threshold of the dungeon that they were first led to.

The speechless guide pointed at the dead bodies of Everson and Dravdien lifeless and still able to see the stress in the bodies, but their wounds were healed. As Everson was thinking through the whole situation he was pushed into his body on the ground and reunited with their bodies. After getting used to their bodies they finally noticed that they were alone.

“Do you understand what we can do, there is a reason Hades said we are the most powerful people,” Dravdien looked at Everson breaking the silence that was thick in the air. He stood up with the confidence that Everson had seen many times before, it felt like old times, times when they would go on great odessys and conquer.

“Let’s break out of hear.” Everson looked at the open door before them

“Now you’re talking,” Dravdien looked at Everson eager to get out of the dark place.

They exploded out of the room running through the halls turning left and right spontaneously and wished they had been paying attention when they were being guided to the dungeon. They ran for what seemed like an hour through the dark halls that never ceased. As they were running down a hall Dravdien saw a light down the length of the hall, for a second he thought he was hallucinating as every muscle twinge in excitement. “This way,” Dravdien gestured.

As they neared the end of the hall they saw a figure that cast a shadow from the light behind. When they were close enough to see the figures features they were astonished.

“Oh, here you are, leaving so soon I see.” There standing there before Everson and Dravdien was Hades holding a gold cup in his hands that Everson assumed contained wine.

How? Like he expected us to escape, Dravdien clearly defeated

Everson looked at Dravdein with fierce eyes and nodding and gesturing his to say ‘we take him lets show him up.’

Dravdein nodded.

As Hades drank from his cup which covered his eyes for a split second, Dravdien struck out at him with a side jump kick, which would’ve taken a regular man down but then he remember he was a god. Following the kick, Everson gave a fierce punch that hurt him more then it seem to hurt Hades.

“Your work is futile,” Hades looked at the spilled cup of wine on the ground somewhat annoyed with their behavior. But there was a reason why he chose them and that was exactly why he chose this pair. They had persistence and now he kind of liked that last punch from Everson, it showed them his relentless spirit, which would help him in his grand scheme.

“Quite shameful to punch someone who has helped you so much, isn’t Everson.” Hades looked at the men in front of him with a slight smile, ”But if you real want to go then we could make arrangements.”

“What kind,” Dravdien said as he looked at Everson still will to fight.

“A deal.”

“What kind,” Dravdien repeated.

“A win, win deal,” Hades looked at them with a clear smile.

“Let me put this a different way, what do we have to do to get out of this place,” Everson replied seriously and quite annoyed.

“Ok, I see; well all you have to do is get Cronus.” Hades said in a matter of fact way, like it wasn’t a big thing. No one even knew where Cronus was held and if they did they’re dead.

Everson knew very well if he found Cronus let alone free him he would be hunted down by Zeus himself. “You know very well we can’t do that.”

“Exactly. You can’t do it but with my help you can, so what do say?” Hades looked at Dravdien and back at Everson waiting for any answer.

“Where’s the map?” Dravdien replied as he looked at Hades with disgust.

“Wait a minute we can’t just let Cronus go,” Everson mumble to Dravdien.

“What would you suggest we should do?” Dravdien asked Everson, as he looked at Hades in the corner of his eyes.

“There has to be something in for us,” Everson said, then paused and turned to face Hades, “What in it for us?”

“I could make sure that you are not hunted down and killed by Zeus. Personally I think that is sufficient. Oh, and don’t forget after your task you can leave the underworld.”

“Ok, where’s the map?” Dravdein repeated for the last time.

“To Mt. Vesuvius?” Hades asked with a pause then started again, “Right here,” Hades pulled out a rolled cream colored paper from his side that Everson or Dravdein had failed to see.

So that means he had already expected us to take the deal, like a puppet master and we were the puppets, Everson thought, as Hades explained the guidelines they had to follow.

“…oh and lastly you have to complete this journey within five days.” Hades looked up at the two men in front of him and found out that they were already running past him to start the journey.

The two companions ran with great vigor and determination.

“So where are we going to?” Everson asked, breaking the silence of the forest that they ran through.

“First we are going to your mother’s mountain. Then we go to Mt. Vesuvius and get out of this stupid deal.” Dravdein replied with a slight anger in his voice.

Both wonder why Hades had made the deal with them and what kind of plans he had in store for Cronus. But neither expressed their feelings. But one thing that was unusual is both had bad feelings about the whole idea of the journey, and surprisingly both saw the feeling in his companion’s eyes. But as before they said nothing, and so it was for most of their journey to Everson’s mother’s house.

As the sun glowed orange and shadows grew long Everson and Dravdein got to their destiny. Exhausted and filthy they lay at the base of the mountain where Aitna, Everson’s mother lived.

“We must be going,” Dravdein said clearly exhausted but gritty. “Everson? We need to be going,” he repeated. With frustration he noticed that he was a sleep and he would just have to get the supplies by himself.

Everson woke up, astonished at what he saw in the dim light of dawn Dravdein lay still in the lush green grass, with the supplies he had vaguely heard Hades talk about.

But why did he bring armor down from the mountain, if we were just supposed to free him not subdue him. The uneasiness in his gut grew ever so slightly. But eventually he shook of the thought and went back to sleep in the soft green grass that rapped him in warmth.

The second time Everson woke up was a disturbance, when his groggy eyes came to focus he saw a stern face look at him in slight disgust. He must be angry at me that I didn’t help him get the supplies, Everson thought to himself.

“If you haven’t noticed sleep eyes we are behind in our journey,” Dravdein spoke, pointing at the map. Where does he get his insight on what time we should get where? Everson thought for a moment but then abruptly stopped, he realized the map Dravdein had pointed at was glowing a reddish tint. He hadn’t seen this before the whole time they were going to Aitna’s mountain. When Everson finally got himself to open the peculiar map he noticed that there was a red dot a few miles from where they were on the map, then it clicked.

“Did this map tell you where we have to be and realize if we are behind?”

“Hades told us all that, if you had cared to listen,” Dravdein tried say nicely but his disgust was seeping through his tone of voice and his facial expressions. “But let’s not dwell on your stupid ignorance just get have of the food and your armor.”

“which one is my armor?” Everson asked as he picked up the supply that Dravdein had taken from the mountain.

“A man can’t recognize his own sword and shield when he see it? Those ones over there.” Dravdein almost at the point that Everson was a nuisance.

At that moment Everson recognized his shield and sword, they were the one that he had used to defeat Zeus twice. Great memories flooded his mind as he picked up his shield, but as he picked up his sword he remember that dreary night when he tried to kill Dravdein. Could it still be possible that Dravdein is still is wrathful about that night? Impossible, he had tried to do the same think to me, Everson thought, as he picked up the light weight diamond sword that he had made, with his godly powers. He had total forgotten about his powers which came from his mother’s side of the family who had married a human. I’m surprised we haven’t used our...” Everson mumble the last couple of words that were not audible. He watched Dravdein heating up his sword and sharpening it. (Dravdein was the sun of Vulcan who married a mortal woman.)

Finally noticing that he was staring Everson took his sword and started to shape it with the powers that he got from his mom who was the minor goddess of the mountain, who could shape boulders into triumphal arches and mountains into castles. After five minutes of silence and occasionally a metallic clang as either of the two demigods sharpened their swords, both of them felt the air was thick. Then an audible word came from Everson, but he quickly thought better of it. Everson stood up and gestured to Dravdein he was ready and it was time to go. He walked over to Dravdein and picked up the map, he looked and they were about five miles behind. As he looked at the map Dravdein stood up and they left.

They ran, and every so often Everson would check how far they were from the red dot that magically moved along the paper. Slowly but surely they caught up with the dot on the map and it magically disappeared.

“So I see we have caught up,” Dravdein said, with a happy tone for the first time the whole journey.

“Yeah, we have,” Everson said with relief.

“So, how far until we get to Mt. Vesuvius?” Dravdein asked, looking at Everson then the serene green rolling hills, then seeing a mountain in the far background.

“About twenty more miles.” Everson was happy that they had gotten this far but slowly he was getting very tired and he was showing it. Although his sword was light his shield was made of pure granite rimmed with diamond. “It might be good if we rest for about maybe an hour,” Everson paused looking at the sun which was half way in the sky, “Then we run when it is cooler in the day.”

Dravdein nodded and gestured to a tree were they rested and ate the stale bread and water that was in there supply bag. At this point hunger called and scratched at the empty stomachs of Everson and Dravdein. Hunger made the stale bread taste like fresh jelly filled pastries and the water as fermented wine. After their stomachs were filled they closed their eyes and rested under the shade of the tree, which protected them from the scorching sun.

Everson woke up and saw his friend packing to get ready for the twenty mile trek that was ahead of them. As he got up his back hurt a little from lying on the tree, but rather than showing the pain he picked the supply that he was carrying before and his sword and shield, looked at the sun then at Dravdein who was ready to go and started a little jog, in the coolness of afternoon.

As they approached their destination they heard a low growling sound. Dravdein pulled out sword from his sheath instinctively; Everson followed his lead and did the same. As they walked closer to Mt. Vesuvius they saw Cronus at the top chained down screaming. As they looked at the agony stricken god a shadow overcame them, they looked behind them in the dark forest they had just come from. As they looked in the shadowed forest something moved, the low growling sound continued. In curiosity Dravdein took a step forward at that exact moment a blood thirsty beast emerged from the forest, getting Dravdein of guard.

Dravdein fell on the soft green grass quickly protecting his friend Everson jumped in between the beast and Dravdein, Everson looked into the anger stricken eyes of the beast, he quickly recognized the beast. Its heads swayed back and for striking with great precision it bit Everson, creating a big gash that gush blood. Looking at the lion that bit him and the dragon and goat beside it. It was the Chimera. An ugly but dangerous beast, with three heads that hissed and roared and four legs guide very precisely.

As Everson held his shield clear unable to yield his knife, Dravdein ran past him and swung fiercely at the beast. Putting pressure on the wound by tying it Everson took hold of his sword and got on his feet to help his loyal friend. Right as the Chimera struck at Dravdein Everson came running in on the unsuspecting beast jabbing his clear clean sword into the neck of the lion, smoothly going through the flesh and tender muscle. Withdrawing his red stained sword he struck again making another gash.

Then Dravdein came in by stabbing his sword which was on fire into the very heart of the Chimera.

As the adrenalin in Everson lowered he thought, why hadn’t he used his power early, but thought better not to say. Truly he was just happy that was over and his journey was almost over, as he thought this the reality came in like a piercing sword, as he felt the pain of the gash on his thigh still seeping blood. At least for now, it was okay

Everything comes from another thing, life, death, anything between the ways of it. What you see is what you don’t see, and what you don’t know is what you know. And it can’t be forgotten, but it will be. As the life after death comes to start.

It has been days since Dravedin and Everson killed Zeus; or so they thought. The spirit of Zeus now banished them from the skies and moved them to another faraway place on Earth. A place where man has not yet been, or maybe isn’t even a place at all!

“Uh, where are w-” Everson was interrupted by a loud clang. Sounded like maniacs fighting with swords. He slowly touched his aching head and looked around at his dull surroundings. Dravedin was nowhere to be seen. There was a candle in the room, which was not enough to suffice the warm radiance of the sun. He also saw a book on the small wooden desk and a door.

The clanging has not stopped and it began to annoy Everson, in rage he pushed himself off the bed violently and ran to the door. He tried his hardest to open it, but it wouldn’t budge. Exhausted with fatigue, Everson sighed and gave up. He slumped sadly down on the floor and began to think.

I wonder where I’m at? Where is Dravedin at? Did we really kill Zeus? Was it worth it?
His own mind pestered him with many questions in the lonely room. Eventually, Everson was wiped away into an uncomfortable sleep.

As he woke up, he slowly opened his eyes and found out that a man was sitting in front of him. Hurriedly, Everson stood up and put his fists up, “What are you doing here!” Everson demanded. The man did not reply and only stared.

“You better answer me, now!” Everson said with a little quiver in his words. The man still didn’t reply. “Okay then…” Everson landed a kick right on the man, but the man disappeared. Everson had a stunned look on his face, and then sighed again. Hallucinations are so real.

Every day that passed, or the days he thought had past, he would scratch a line on the wall. It has been five days so far, and nothing. Oh, I am mistaken, the door finally opened and Everson sat up surprised. A young woman; slim and good looking walked in. Something to catch Everson’s attention. It wasn’t Persephone, though.

The woman smiled kindly smiled and held something in her right hand. It was a sheathed sword! Her thick brown hair covered her eyes and half her face. Slim body, broad cheeks and a beautiful face was all Everson looked at. Then she spoke, “Hello, before I will answer any questions, I will have to tell you this,” Everson nodded his head to show he was listening.

“I am your executor,” she said. All the excitement drained from Everson’s face. He had no interest anymore. “But you must also understand, that I won’t kill y-”

“I have heard enough, what are you going to do? Huh? Torture me? Okay, go do that, and I thought you were nice! Guess not, maybe the world has gone mad! Life hates me; I hate it, go die! You die, I don’t care!” Everson interrupted rudely.
The woman trying to ignore his comments said, “Ah, I see, so maybe you don’t want me to help you, how do I put this, since such rude manners have been shown. Escape this horrid place,” one vile word, and it changed Everson’s reaction again.

He swung his head over, “What did you say?”

“Escape, I would help you escape.” She replied

“Didn’t you just say you were my-” She bended down on her knees and put her finger on his lips.

“Shh, don’t you hear the people coming?” silently waiting, they could both here the steps and words.

“Wonder why I didn’t hear screaming from the kill?” said one of the two guards.

“Everson’s or Dravedin’s?” the other man said. At that Everson’s gut twisted! What if Dravedin died? Then all the sadness inside Everson turned to rage, he growled. The two guards just walked around to the door. Everson ran at them with full speed and rammed into one of the guards down on the floor. He then side punched the other standing man in the gut and kicked him.

“Where is Dravedin?” Everson said, holding the man by his shirt.

“Ha!” the man grinned, “He’s dead!” Everson doubted that, and punched the man again.

“Tell me, where he is!” Everson said again.

“Ah, too ba-” Everson punched him again until the man was knocked out. He slowly turned around to see the woman. She was still casual.

Then she is the one who broke the silence, “We have to go, more will come.” They ran out the door and turned left. In the hallway, there were many torches and the floor was made out of rocks. On the run, she continued between her gasps for air, “The exit is on the next floor! We are underground now, but once you get to the top you will have to do-” And she was shot by an arrow, “Arrg!” she cried in pain.

Everson turned to her and saw her kneeling down on one leg and her hand covering the shot. The pool of blood trickled down the cracks of the floor. Turning around even more, he saw the guards and this time they were armed so, he had no chance. He ran as fast as he could.

The stairs! Quickly, Everson climbed the stairs to the next level of floors. He could still hear the shouts of the guards. On the other side was a door, he rushed to hit tripping, but finally managed to get there. He opened the door and a burst of white light blinded them all.

Once Everson woke up, he saw a man on a throne. What! He could hardly believe his eyes! He saw Dravedin there, too. Everson looked between the man on the throne and Dravedin. He ran at Dravedin yelling, “Hey, it’s me! Everson!” Dravedin didn’t respond or even look his way.

“Hello,” Everson said again. This time the man on the throne spoke.

“Who dares not talk to an elder first?” his voice was heavy and strong. Everson turned his head to the man.

“I do not care who you are, what have you done with my friend?” he said as he closed his hands into a fist of fury.

“Well, then…” The man shook his head slowly and sighed, “Guess you don’t want to live again!” Live again? That was music to Everson’s hears.

“Of course I want to live again, but not here, this place is a deathbed!”

“Halt,” he growled, “Do not forget to whom you speak to. Now you can make a choice,” Everson was listening, “You can die here, or you can do a quest for me, all which incredibly easy, for a man like you. I will provide the common necessities, and a room. However, there’s an exception! Once I call for you, you will serve me well. Now decide quickly I will only give you an hour. Oh, as for your friend, his course will be different, Maybe you will see him another time and in another place, but for now, that won’t be happening.” Everson groaned.

“Okay, yes master. I will accept your generous offer to live again.” Everson finally managed out, “But, will you tell me where I am at?”

“Ha! Son, do you really want to know? Well, I suppose you do, this is life after death.” At that the man on the throne disappeared in to the thick air. Everson cursed under his breath, and turned his head to the oblivious Dravedin, “What did you do?”

In his new room, Everson took a relaxing bath in the river that goes through and took a long nap. After a few hours, he received his quest, kill Vulcan and his mother, it says on the bottom why Everson should kill his wretched mother. She lied to you and used you since you were born, that was her plan. A broad statement, now actually letting Everson wanting to do this quest.

Everson set foot to the solid ground, as he walked slowly out of the building, it was nearing dawn, and the birds were all receding there beautiful songs. Everson only had two pieces of stale bread, five pieces of dried meat, ten apples, a sack, and his crude sword, poorly made, but should suffice.

Walking through all this land is rather familiar, like a long journey he had taken, but that was with another ally and friend, Dravedin. Night was falling fast, and Everson knew how to take care of himself well. He created a fire by taking two stones and creating a spark, which then set fire to the dry leaves and twigs. Then he laid down and rested. The morning dew trickled down from the leaf of the tall tree, waking Everson up suddenly. He carefully packed up all his items, counting slowly and carefully. When he was done, he stood up, dusted himself down and continued his way southwest.

On the way, were neat things like a river and some exotic animals. Others not so much, there were ferocious bears and weak creatures that would randomly attack Everson. By the end of the tiring day, he and his sword was covered in dried animal blood. Luckily, there was a river nearby. Therefore, he took a bath and then washed the sword. Another day gone, and two hundred more miles to go. Once he woke up, it was mid-morning, once again, he stood up dusted himself off and continued.

Just when he was about to rest for a little bit, he saw a small cottage. It was rather small, made out of stone, and had a chimney. Everson was hesitant to walk to the cottage, but then decided to. Stumbling over the last few roots of the trees, he picked himself up and knocked the door twice. No one answered, so Everson walked right in. There was a couch, the fireplace, a table, a kitchen, and a small twin sized bed. It wasn’t night, but Everson decided to just stay here. He tossed himself on the bed and sighed. Eventually, he got swept away into a sleep.

Once he woke up, he couldn’t move. He panicked and begun to squirm around in the bed, only he wasn’t on the bed anymore, he was tied to a tree. Then Everson saw the man, “What were ye doing in my house?” he said with one of his crooked eyes opened.

“Sorry, didn’t know it was your house.” Everson replied, “Would you let me out?”

“Aw, shut up stranger, ye better tell me what ye doing in my franeroo, house.” Franeroo? What kind of word was that?

“Well, you see, I’m a traveler and I just wanted a place to rest for the nigh-” Everson was interrupted by a howl of a Triguna. A Triguna was a huge vicious wolf, double the normal size of a regular wolf. Its claws could easily rip a man in two by a pounce, and its teeth could go throw the stump of a small tree. Indeed, it was deadly. The man ran and left Everson tied to the tree.

Everson panicked and looked to the right, about a few yards away was the Triguna. Its mouse was shaped in a vicious smile, all three rows of teeth showing, as the drool swooped down on the old moss. Forgetting for a moment Everson reached for his sword, but it was gone, that old fool took it! And everything else, too! In rage and fear Everson used his arm to push against the rope. He let out a yell. His veins on his neck popped out. The rope finally snapped open, and Everson escaped. The Triguna, was only short sighted, so he could not see movement as far as Everson.

Everson ran the way the man ran, hopefully finding the house and his equipment. Instead, there was a long waterfall. From the front he could see there was a cave behind it and ran parallel to the flow of the water and then behind the water full. Inside was a huge door. On the door was a sword, Everson definitely needed that, so he greedily pulled the sword off its carrier. The door made an ominous noise, then opened suddenly. It jerked for the first few feet and then swiftly opened. Everson gaped at what he saw.

The room was warm and had a stench of pond water. The air here was also certainly different. At the change, Everson covered his face. However, that wasn’t the point, what he saw was. It was Vulcan, and his mother. Everson’s first though was that Dravedin lied to him about killing Vulcan, but then gods good come alive again and they were powerful. Everson gripped his sword tightly and yelled, “Surrender, or else I will have to slay you, which I will do either way.”

Vulcan grinned and then chuckled a scary tone, “Ha, you not in any place to be saying an ultimatum.”

“Then you leave me no choice! Prepare to die!” Everson yelled and charged at the same time. Vulcan shot a fireball at Everson, he rolled to his left and started to charge and yell again. He saw his mother’s sad eyes in the corner, but paid no attention to her. She was closer, so he ran to her first, he could then see there were tears in her eyes, but they had to be fake. People do anything to live. Everson raised his sword a slaughtered his mother. Then he whirled around quickly to face Vulcan, who was preparing another fire ball, it was too fast so the only thing Everson could do was try and block it. The steel of the blade and fireball collided and the blade won, it ricochet the fireball right back at Vulcan and he was burned, and then disappeared.

His mission was done. With so much adrenaline in his body, he didn’t realize that the fireball flayed his skin. And it was serious, he staggered a few steps and then fell down, among his mother’s death place, and what if he died, too? What a fool, dead among dead. During Everson’s unconscious state, that same white light again brought Everson back to the place with that man on the throne.

Once he got back to “normal” the man on the throne said, “Well, done, now you are free to go, back to your own world.” The white light once again shined bright and transported him to his own world. Before he left, he noticed that Dravedin wasn’t there anymore. Perhaps, he came back like Everson.

It was nighttime when Everson returned to his world. He was in the middle of nowhere, lost, with hungry animals awaiting here. Everson yelled out in anger, “Curse you gods, everyone, may the win kill you in pain! I hate you all!” Suddenly his vision became dark, knocked out by a swift blow to the head.

“Fools,” the mysterious person muttered.

It was dawn before Everson woke up. Another aching head, this feeling is getting common already. The sun’s rays were light between the swaying trees. Everson curved his right hand and put it on his forehead to block the light as he looked in the sky. Somehow, in his senses, heading north from here was the right way to his destiny.