The Devils Eye. | Teen Ink

The Devils Eye.

By thegallbros, council bluffs, Iowa
thegallbros, Council Bluffs, Iowa

-narrator p.o.v.-
It was September/27/2013 7:00 am and this is the time that our hero wakes up. Our hero's name is Jake Nicholson he is 15 years old going to TJ high school in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He has somewhat dark brown hair same color eyes he is short about 5'4'' he has some freckles on his face with a very light mustash and white skin. Today he is wearing gray with one skinny white and one wide black stripe sports shorts. He is also wear a white with gray short sleeved shirt and he is also wearing his black with orange striped Nike Air shoes. He is wear his two winter hoodies wearing one on top of the other the outside one is a gray with black inside with laces to tighten the hood and a zipper hybrid threads medium sized. the inside one is black on the inside and outside helix zip up now that is enough with the description now on with the story.

-Jake p.o.v.-
I had just got to school opening the door to my dads car "see you when i get home" he said "ok dad" i said.I shut the door and walked over to my friends the first one to greet me was my best friend Roman he was tall about 5'7'' blond hair cut short brown eyes like mine. Regular blue jeans white and gray Nike shoes large orange hoodie. He turned to talk to me i was the first to speak " hey man how's it going" i said " good how 'bout you" he said "fine i guess" i said.Then every one knew i was here and said "hi" simultaneously there was about 6 people in front of me the two on the far left of me was Braden and his girlfriend Caylan. Braden looked about 6'3'' farmers tanned skin wearing jean shorts with a black T-shirt and black tennis shoes. Very dark brown hair with hazel eyes. Caylan was a little taller than me 5'5'' dyed black hair that went down to her mid-back and brown eyes and she has size A breast and her skin was a milky white and black lipstick. She wore a black long sleeve shirt under a black with gray sleeves jacket and blue jeans with a hole on the left knee also white and black tennis shoes.
The couple next to them was Jeremy and Caril they were holding hands. Jeremy was wearing a cameo hunting coat with no hood along with a plan gray shirt and blue jeans with some old brown shoes. He is kinda tall about 5'6'' or 5'5'' he had brown hair like mine and same color eyes. He also had a mustash like mine but more noticeable because it was a darker shade of brown than mine he also had a very small beard on the end of his chin . Caril was wearing a nice over sized t-shirt that showed her shoulder it had a black flower on it with with splattered colors of green,blue, and yellow. Along with blue jeans that had a flower made of little plastic gems and had a cameo jacket that matched Jeremys. She was about as tall as me if not taller she had blond hair that went down to her mid-back. She also had brown eyes pale white skin along with nice pink lips and she had A size breast.
I turned my head to the right to see Randy and Isasia they were looking at cars and planes on there chromes. Randy was the same height as Jeremy he had light drown hair with hazel eyes he was wearing a blue shirt that had mustang written in white letters. On top of that was a orange with white striped hoddie and blue jeans along with Nike shoes. Isasia was just as tall as me he was wearing his dark blue shirt that had the army corp symbol on it. Regular blue jeans that had holes showing the threading and drown boots he had very short brown hair with hazel eyes.
but then i started hearing foot steps behind me i turned just to get a hug from my friend.

= Jake's p.o.v =
That friend was the girl of my dreams Yuno but i am pretty sure that she thinks of me as a friend so i have always been afraid to ask her. Yuno was just a bit shorter than me like 5'2'' and white skin but a little pale. Nice blonde hair that flowed down to right above her hips nice white teeth and brown eyes nice curves and she had plump B-size breast. She's wearing a small white winter hoodie with a blank white shirt and blue jeans with brown high boots. Yuno transferred here a few months ago she came from Denver Colorado i was the first person to talk to her and she has been my friend ever since.

Yuno: "Hey Jake how have you been doing?"
Jake: "Good i just hope that i do good on my project for art"
Yuno:"Me to i know you have been working on it a lot in your free time"
Jake:"Yea with baby siting my little brother 3 out of the 7 days of the week"
Yuno:"How much have you gotten done on it?"
Jake:"Here let me show you" i said as i started getting my art work out it was a black and white outline of a peacock with it's feathers standing up and spread out acrossed the paper.
Yuno:" It look pretty good i'd give it an A"
Jake:" No your just saying that"
Yuno:"No i am serous"
Jake: "ok i will believe you" and as i said that the bell rang telling us to get to class. Me and Yuno stared to walk to our class i took Yuno to her class first it was history. then i walked to my art class and started the day.
=time warp=

I am just leaving my 4th hour class it's P.E. and i am walking to my next class and i hear people talking about some shootings that have been happening recently. I just ignored it and continued to walked to my next class it was English and it is on the second floor of our school. I reach the stars and start to clime them until i feel some one pull my backpack making me stop i turn to see who it was, it was Yuno
Yuno: "hey Jake how was P.E. ?"she asked handing me some water.
Jake: "it was ok we played some soccer and thanks for the water"
Yuno: "sure no problem"
Jake:"come on let get to class we'll talk there" about 2 minuets later we reach our class and take our seats in the front of the class Yuno when she came to this school chooses to sit next to me in our classes. At the time we were the only one's in the class the teacher was out in the hall so me and Yuno talked.
Jake:"so Yuno i have been wanting to ask you something?"
Yuno:" what is it Jake?"
Jake:"i have been wanting to know why you wanted to sit next to me in our class?"
Yuno: then her face turn a slight red but she hide her face so i could not see her"b-because i kinda like you"
Jake:the response kinda shocked me because i was not expecting it"r-really?"
Yuno:"yes" then there was this awkward silence between us.

Then i start to hear gun fire out side so does Yuno we both go up to the window and we see people in camouflage armor and with assault rifles. They start shooting people around the school and around the street, blood painted the sidewalk and cars with bullet holes in them. Then i see one of the solders point a R.P.G. at the school towards me and Yuno. Immediately i grabbed Yuno's and started to run for the door but we were too late and the rocket hit the wall and there was a massive explosion. Sending me and her flying in to the wall knocking me unconscious.

=yuno's p.o.v=

i wake up in a room where all around was darkness, i fell like i am falling but i am not moving. I try to stand up, i manage to stand on the non-existence platform i looked around for any thing that would tell me were i am and how to get out of here and i see a person to my right liying on the black nothingness. I start to walk up to the person to realize it's Jake, i kneel next to him and pick up his head and held him in my arms.
yuno:"Jake.JAKE.JAKE!!!!!! please wake up."
jake: "AHHH" Jake shot up feeling his body parts making sure they were there. After that he let out a sigh and fell on his back.
yuno:"jake are you ok?" i asked concerned about him
jake:"ya i'm fine but were are we?"
yuno:"i don't know"
????:" i can answer that"
A voice came out of nowhere, that startled me and Jake so we both stand up and look to see were the voice came from.Then a shadowy figure came out of the darkness the only distinct characteristic was that he had angel wings and blood red eye's with slit pupils.
jake:"who are you?" Jake asked while stepping in front of me
????:"i am the god of fallen angels or dark angels, my name is Dexus"
jake:"ok dexus where are we?"
dexus:" we are in the place between life and death or spirit realm"
yuno:"ok why are we here?"
dexus:"i am here to help you two, i am guessing that you have already noticed that there are soldiers invading your homes"
jake:"ya what about it"
dexus:"well me and the other gods want to stop them, so we have summoned you here to talk more specifically you jake"
jake:"w-what!? why me"
dexus:"because you are special, you,yuno, and 13 other's have a power that was given to them it is know as the devils eye and i want you to be the leader jake"
jake:" you not giving me a choice are you?" he shook his head at me to tell me no."Fine i guess i'll do it"
dexus:"ok i must go and remember i am watching"
jake:"what! how do i use the power?"
dexus:"i will let you find out on your own"
Then i started to get dizzy and my eye lids became heavy my legs became weak and i started to fall but jake caught me before i hit the ground and then i passed out.
=jake's pov=

After dexus left i still had many questions to be answered but i gave up on asking and turned my attention back to yuno only to find her falling. I manged to catch her but she passed out soon after i tried calling her but i didn't get a response from her. That's when my body felt weak and my started to close i fought for as long as i could but in the end my body won and i fell asleep.

= Jake's pov =

I slowly start to wake up after the talk with Dexus every thin is kinda blurry but i becoming more clear as i wake up. I started to look at were i was, i was in some sort of cell because there were bars on the concrete window and i was lying on a bed sticking out of the wall and there was about 10 more beds along the wall with people in them.The room size in total looked about 20'x10'x8' square room of concrete. I sat up in my bed and groaned as i did because my back was stiff probably from the explosion and siting here so long.When i finally sat up i heard some one call my name and start to walk towards me. I turn my attention to the person it was my friend Brian and i saw some one hiding behind him it is his girlfriend Kayla. Brian was about 2" taller than me he had pale white skin, short blond hair with hazel eye's. He was wearing a blue and black jacket, a plain white shirt, blue jeans, and black and white sports shoes. Kayla was wearing a purple zip up jacket couldn't tell what shirt she was wearing. She had blue jeans, white and pink sneakers she had a very light brown hair it almost looked blonde. She also had light brown eyes and she had A-cup breast and she looked kinda scared. After Brian had said my name i noticed the people lying in the beds had gotten up to see me and to my surprise they were my friends from school Jeremy, Caril, Braden, Caylan,ect.

Jeremy:" Jake are you ok?"
Jake:" ya my back is just stiff, how long was i siting here?"
Brian:" about 3 days"
Jake:"damn that long-what? where's Yuno?" Caril pointed to the bed next to me where Yuno was just waking up
Jake:" Yuno!" i yelled in relief to know that she was alive. She turn her head to me and the rest of our friends.
Yuno:" hey guys. where are we?" she said looking around the room like i did when i woke up
Bradan:"we don't know all we know is that were by some lake"
Jake:"let me see" i said getting up and walking towards the bard window and looking out.

i looked out side and was shocked at what i saw the place looked like a battlefield there were craters were missile and bombs had gone off ,we looked to be about five story's off the ground. The ground around them looked chard to a crisp there was guards around the building.As i looked around i noticed the lake that Bradan was talking about but next to it i saw what looked like a sine it was chard so the words were hard to read. I looked more closely and i made out the words "big" and "lake" those two word told me exactly were we where. we where at big lake park or whats left of it the park looked almost completely destroyed. There was only the end of a slide and a very chard swing set i back away from the window and turned to my friends to talked.

Jake:"i know were we are"
Jeremy:" where?"
Jake:"the prison by big lake park"
Kayla:"how are we going to get out?"
Jake:" i don't know yet i have not thought that far ahead"
Brian:" by the way what were you and Yuno dreaming about?"
Jake: that question made me stop my train of thought, i froze thinking of how i could answer. I could tell them about Dexus and that me and Yuno have powers or i could hide it from them. i chose to tell them the truth that me and yuno have powers but i chose to hide the fact about dexus for now. Though they did not seem surprised or laugh at us they just smiled.

Jake:" why are you guys smiling?"
Jeremy:" i think that i speak for everyone when i say that we knew that you could be a leader. But we did not expect you to have powers"
Jake:" your just going to except it just like that?"
Jeremy:" yeah, we saw the people taking over act weird"
Jake:" hmm, ok now back to how were going to get out of here, what have the wardens been doing recently to the prisoners?"
Brian:" every now and then they come to take people away they come back later with cuts and bruises all over there body's"
jake:" thats it" he shook his head in a yes motion " ok here's the plan"

=Jake's pov=
Jake:" ok guys here's the plan on how we are going to get out of here. First when the guards come to take one of us away the person the take will distract them so someone else can take the keys from the guards. Then once they return then that is when we will open the door with the key, got it"
Jeremy:"yep"
Caril:"got it"
Kayla:"sure"
Caylan:"roger"
Bradan:"yep"
Brian:"yup"
Yuno:"i'm with you"
Randy:"roger"
Isasia:"sir yes sir"
Roman:" your like my brother so i'm with you all the way" he said putting a hand on my shoulder.
Jake:"thanks guys, i am glad that you believen me"
Roman:" sure bro we will be out of here and with our family's soon"
Jake:"ya your right" i said with a smile growing on my face
=time warp=

It has been about a 3 day since i woke up in this hell hole the day has come to were the guards is picking one of us to torture. Right now the guard is opening the door to our cell , every one is terrified and so am i , i don't fear for my self getting picked to be there b****. I fear that they will pick Yuno , i don't know what i would do if yuno left and came back bruised and cut or something far worse , for me it would be horrifying. But the guard did not pick her in stead he picked me i stood up and took off my jacket and gave it to Yuno then i turned and stuck my hands out and they locked me up in cuffs and we walked out the door. On the way out the door i pretended to fall and trip on my shoe lace, in it i ended up making one of the guards fall with me i tilt my head to look behind me to see yuno grab the key from the guards belt. They didn't even notice, after they picked me up and got there bearings back they started to drag me down the hall. Once we reached the end of the hall we turned right the hall ways were tall cement walls with cement ceilings. There were serial bared doors with people in side they shot me a face of worry as i walked down the hall. At the end of the hall i could see a giant steel door with two guards standing on ether side of the door. Once we reached the door, one of the guards opened it and inside i saw two polls sticking out of the ground with chain handcuffs on them. The guards told me two stand between the two polls, i did as they said they uncuffed me and attached me to the poll. Then i saw one of the guards pick up a wipe off a try he stood behind me and started to swing
=Yuno's pov=

after the guards took Jake away it took a few seconds but then i started to hear wiping noises and screams of pain. The sound of him getting hurt like that made me want to cry, i felt alone with out him here , all i could do was pray that he will come back alive.

=time warp=

After about an hour i heard the sound of the steel door opening and started to hear foot steps coming down the hall. I was sitting in then corner of the room when i saw the door to my cell opening and then i saw jake walk through the open door way. His shirt was now torn and had cuts showing cut skin and his pants did not look that bad with a cut or two here and there. I was reveled to see that he can still walk, after they closed the cell door i ran up to him and hugged him. This caught him by surprise and he blushed a little and turned his head trying to hide it making me giggle.

=Jake's pov=

"did you guys get the key" i whispered
Yuno:"yeah"
Jake:" great, now can you let me go?"
Yuno:" just a bit longer ?" she said giving me the puppy eye's
Jake:"fine"as i said this i hugged her back, we stood there hugging one another for a few minuets
Jeremy:"ehem" jeremy coughed at us making me and Yuno let go of each other
Randy:" ok, what do we do next?"
Jake:" lets what till night thats when we will make our move"

=jake's pov=

It has been a few hours since yuno got the key, it was about midnight or later and now was our time to escape for this hell hole. i checked the hall there was no one there except the two guards at the end that have been drinking a lot there were bottles up and down the hall. Both guards were wearing a clothing i believe is called a dish-dash. One of them was in a char completely wasted passed out, one was talking to no one with his back to us. I nodded to every one that it was time to go, Yuno gave the key and i opened the door slowly to not make the door squeak. I got the door open and grabbed a broken bottle the glass was sharp.

Jake:" jeremy come here" i whispered, jeremy obeyed and came to me and i knelled down and cut his shoe lace off. Then i started to walk down the hall crouched to not alert the guard once i was right behind the guard i took the shoe lace in both hands then put my hands over the guard. I slung the lace around his neck and kicked him in the back of the leg to make him fall to his knees and started to choke him. Then the other guard started to wake up but yuno grabbed his head and slammed it one the neck rest of the char making a loud crack sound he fell to the floor dead after that the guard i had died as well.

yuno:" you ok jake"
jake:" ya thanks yuno" i checked to make sure there was no one else around then grabbed the pistol that guard had. "guy it is safe to come out now" they all came out. " roman check that guard over there for a weapon" i said pointing to the guard dead by the char.
Roman:"ok" he when searching he came back with a shotgun in hand
Jake:" good now let make our way out of here, Mack read them map of the prison on the wall over there to find us a way out me and roman will watch the hall way"she nodded and started to read the map

Mack:" it looks like we just need to take a left and there should be a door that will take us to the garage we can take a car from there."
Jake:" good now lets move" me and roman stood at the end of the hall on ether side. I used my hand and held up 3 fingers and counted down once i hit 0 we turned facing opposite directions there was no one in site. We started to move down the hall we reached the door i signaled every one to wait and opened the door and there was nothing but stairs.I signaled everyone that it was ok and we made our decent, when we reached the bottom floor there were two hallways going left and right. "Mack i thought you said it was a straight shot."
Mack:" i did not see this on the map,sorry"
Jake:"it's ok" i looked at the wall ,there were two arrows pointing down ether hall, the left one said armory the right one said garage. As soon as i read the words armory i knew were we were going. "ok guys lets go check out the armory for some weapons before we leave ok" every one nodded in unison and we went to the armory. When we got there no one was around which i thought was strange before going in i opened the door slowly to check to see if any one was there. I did not see any one so i thought it was safe and walked in only to get hit in the back of the head i fell to the floor and rolled over to see a gun barrel in my face. I immediately put my hands up, he was about to pull the trigger and kill me but roman came in and put the barrel of his shotgun to the back of his head.
Roman:"drop the gun and get on your knees" the man hesitated a bit but dropped the gun and got on his knees.After that roman hand cuffed him with the cuffs the guard had and then ripped of some of his clothing and tied it around his mouth."you ok man " he said extending a hand to me.
Jake:"ya that bastard really hurt" i grabbed his hand and he helped me up." ok guy grab 'A' weapon and as much ammo as you can carry of it" after about a minuet or two every one was ready. Roman kept the shot gun- Remington pump action ,i found two swords- katana and a pistol- m1911 i also carried a duaffel-bag of ammo and roman had another. Yuno had a metal bat, Kayla got an smg-UMP, brian had a AK-47 assault rifle, braden had a lmg- FN minimi, jeremy had a M40 sniper rifle with a serpresser , randy and isasia both grabbed a glock. After that we headed to the garage there were two guards at the door there back to us having a conversation i could not under stand me and yuno snook up on the we grabbed there necks and suffocated them.
Jake:"ok were in, randy do you think that you can drive one of those military vehicles"
Randy:" ya" randy got in and started one up
Jake:" alright every one in it wont be long before they find out we are gone"once we were all in randy started driving out. we were heading out and the i heard the alarm of the building go off that is when randy kicked it into high gear, we left the area but some trucks were following us.
Jake:" randy drive to or school i will take care of them" i took Branden's lmg and got on the roof i started shooting took out one of the cars it swerved and hit another one. we were coming up on a bridge and randy gunned it. i handed the lmg back to braden i was about to get in but then randy hit a bump in the road i fell of and in to a hole in the destroyed bridge i grabbed the edge and held on for dear life.
Yuno:" JAKE!" they drove away because there were cars still following them. I manged to pull my self up when the cars left, once i did i started walking down the road they were heading. But i decided to make a stop a my house to see if there was any one was there. I walked about 4 blocks then i started to hear crying coming from a house to my right it was a house that 'had' a 2 floor cause it got blown up. The house was white color as far as i could see, i walked in side to see a little girl no more than 6 years old. She was crying on some ones chest i walked a little closer to see it was her father they saw me and he looked at me and spoke.
Father:" come here boy" i did as he said when i was close i saw that he was shot through the chest and bleeding fast.He put a hand on my shoulder and spoke again."boy, i am not going to make it and i would like to ask a favor from you"
Jake:" yes any thing sir"
Father:" i would like you to take my daughter and raise her for me"
girl:" no dad i don't want to leave you!" the little girl said in tears
Father:" asia you have to go with this young man or else you'll get hurt like me you don't want that to happen do you"
Asia:" no"
Father:" then will you go with him?"
Asia:" yes"
father:" good girl" he started to cough up blood, after that the girl started to cry again "don't cry asia i will always be with you at heart" he smiled and calmed the little girl down after that he tilted his head back and closed his eyes and that's when i knew that he passed.
i walked over to the little girl i just stared at her crying on her fathers body. Then i headed to the back yard and grabbed a shovel.
Asia:" sir what are you doing" the little girl said wiping her eyes of tears
Jake:" your father die protecting you so i am going to give him a good grave"
Asia:" thank you sir what is you name by the way"
Jake:" jake. jake Nicholson"
Asia:" thats a nice name, can i help you dig"
Jake:" sure"

=Jake pov=

After me and Asia finished burying her father i made a cross out of some of the wood from the destroyed shed. I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my hand and let out a sigh of relief that we were done. I saw Asia on her knees praying at the end of the grave i slowly walked over to her and got on my knees and prayed along side her. When i was done i saw a small flower out of the corner of my eye it was a pretty light purple flower i picked it and walked back to asia.

Jake:" here you can put this no his grave if you want" i said handing her the flower that broke her prayer she saw the flower and took it from my hand and very lightly put it were her father was.
Asia:"(softly crys)" seeing a little girl cry never made me happy so i pulled her in to a hug and she just cried on torso.
Jake:" it's ok Asia you can cry as much as you want" she cried a little harder now, this went on for about 10 minutes.
Asia:" what are we going to do now?"she said removing her head from me and looked up at me.
Jake: i looked up at the sky to see the sun just starting to come up " do you know were your dads car is?"
Asia:" ya it's in the garage"
Jake:" ok good now lets go in to your room and get some of your cloths and some toys"
Asia:"ok" she walked to her room and i followed her her room was just down the hall from the front door. It was a small pink room she packed her cloths and i kept watch, "ok im done" she had a small light blue backpack on.Then i heard the front door open there were two men in cameo clothing on but had a different flag. The flag had three strips on it one was red then white last was black with strange markings in the middle.

Jake:" asia stay here and be quiet ok" i whispered, she nodded her head yes. I took out one of my swords that i had on my back, crouching , i slowly walked up behind one of the solders at the end of the hall i covered his mouth and stabbed him trough the chest and waited until he stopped moving before i let him go i put him on the floor softly to not alert the other one. When i put him down i heard the other walk into the room that asia was in i heard her scream, i charged at him ,crashing into him , i made him fall to the floor that is were i brought the blade of my sword to his throat. "aisa please cover your eyes and ears" she did as she was told. Then i covered his mouth and shoved my blade through his neck he fell to the floor dead in a pool of blood.
i looked at my blade and swung it to clean as much of the blood off and put it back in my sheath." ok asia you can open your eyes"
Asia:" are the bad men gone?" she asked scared
Jake:" yes i took care of them they are just going to be sleeping for a while ok"
Asia:" ok ,are we going to leave now?"
Jake:"yes we are going to take you dads car and go meet my friends"
Asia:"ok"
Jake:" now lets get to the car before more show up" we headed to a door that lead to the garage i saw a red ford F-150 in the garage i open the door for Asia then closed it. Then opened the drivers side door and climbed in and started it up i looked up at the the sun visor and there was a button i pushed it and the garage door opened. I pushed down on the gas and the car moved forward i drove to the first place i would go my house. after about a half hour of driving we made it to my house i pull up in the drive way, i saw my moms black Shevie cruises was in the drive way it had bullet holes all over it witch had me worried my house was a small white two story house (including a basement) i walk in side and was happy to hear my dogs barking one was a white and brown German short hair named Alex , the next was a black and brown Minpin named Opie. they were in there kennels before putting them in the car i went looking for my family i lived with 4 other people my older brother Jordan,younger brother jay, mom and my dad i checked there rooms no one was there, i called there names but no one answered then i walked down my stares then i saw it down stares was a blood bath" Asia don't come down here" i looked in my brothers room no one was there i looked in the closet that had my dads gun safe; it was still there. it looked like some one had tried to bust it open with a hammer there were dents on it but it looked like it has not been open. then i looked at the floor there was a blood trial that lead to a different closet that had a couple holes in it , i walked over to it and it smelled very foul i about vomited when i opened it. in side were the people i have been looking but they were the ones that caused the blood they had holes all over there bodies like they have been shot. i fell to my knees with a expression of extreme sadness i tried to holed back the tears but my feelings were to strong and i started to cry. i cried loud enough that Asia heard.
Asia:" jake, are you ok" i just sat there and continued to cry " it's ok daddy it going to be alright"
Jake: i looked at her with curiosity and with tears in my eyes " why did you call me daddy" by now i had calmed down.
Asia:" your like my new dad right?"
Jake:" yeah i guess your right" after that i walked up stares to check on the dogs i let my little dog Opie as soon as i opened the door the dog ran out and started to run around me and asia. Asia just giggled when he calmed down i keeled down and petted my dog then he ran over to asia and started licking her face.
Asia:" stop it tickles" she said in between laughs
Jake:"ya he'll do that keep an eye on him i am going to look around for a bit"
Aisa:" ok daddy" i walked down my hallway and went into the third door on my right my parents door. I turned the knob and started to look around.

sorry it took me so long to update my story i hope you enjoy and leave a comment and share this story please it would really help me thank you.

=Jake's pov=

When i walked in to my parents room i saw the king size bed that was in the middle of the room stretching out from the wall the sheets looked like the usually do. I looked in my parents dresser and i knew that one of the draws had my dads safe in it. When i found it it was a small black box with a key pad nut i always knew the pin but never told my dad. I entered the pin and then the box opened and i could see some papers there was a picture at the bottom of the box. I picked up the picture to look at it , it was picture of me and my family smiling and having fun at the amusement park down in Missouri. I felt a tear start to run down my cheek as i looked at he picture "NO. Now is not the time to cry i have to figure out a way to open the safe down stairs. Then i have to get Asia and go find my friends" i thought. i went to put the picture in my pocket, the picture flexed and flew out of on to the floor it landed face down on the back of the picture was a number "2004 hmm"i thought. I walked back down stairs and to the closet with the safe in it, i looked at the safe and then at the picture i tried putting the number on the back of the picture in as the code after i hit enter the safe had a high pich beep sound. Then i tried turning the handle on the safe and to my surprise it opened there i could see all of my dads weapons that were in side. There were a total of about 14, 3 pistols,5 shotguns,1 Winchester rifle,4 snipers, 1 assault rifle and plenty of ammo for all of them.

Jake:" oh HELL YEAH, now lets get these packed up" i walked into the laundry room and grabbed my dads big hunting duffle bag. I walked back to the closet and Asia was there.
Asia:" daddy what are you yelling for?"
Jake:" nothing Asia i just go excited"
Asia:" over what?"
Jake:" nothing you need to worry about. Don't get to comfy we are going to be leaving soon"
Asia:" ok daddy"

= time warp =

After i got the gun and ammo loaded in to the truck i walked back in side to check on Asia and tell her it's time to go.

Jake:" Asia! it's time to go" i said as i walked in side
Asia:" ok daddy" she was down the hall playing with my dogs. when she came running to me the dogs followed behind her
Jake:" you got all your stuff?"
Asia:" ya"
Jake:" k, lets go. come on Opie, Alex" i said calling to my dogs they followed me out side and i opened the back door so they could jump in. After that i opened the door for Asia then got in and started the car.
Asia:" where are we going daddy"
Jake:" we are going to go find somewhere safe ok lets go check my school"

= 5 minuets later =
As we pulled up to my old school that got destroyed at the beginning of all this. most of the walls got destroyed but strangely some of them were boarded up as if some one had been here before. Then before i knew it heard a loud BANG! A bullet had hit the hod of the truck as soon as it did i drifted the truck sideways.
Asia:" daddy what was that!?"
Jake:" Asia stay here and if any one tries to comes to the car thats not me run"i said getting out of the truck and going to the side behind a tire with my pistol out.
Asia:" ok dad"
????:" who ever is behind the red ford come out with your hands up and we won't shoot"
Jake:" god damn it they have me cornered i have no chose" i thought " alright i'm coming out" i said holding my hands up with the gun still in my hands. After i did a woman in military cloths came out form her hiding spot behind a bush aiming a AK-74 assault rifle at me. She was about 5' 2'' she had blue eyes, blond hair and C - cup breast. She got about four or five feet away from me and stoped.
????:" who are you?"
Jake:" my name is Jake Nicolson i came here looking for a safe place to stay i don't want any trouble"
????:" Jake Nicolson. Were you with a group of kids that had just escaped a prison?"
Jake:" yes, why?" i asked raising an eyebrow.
????:" Your friends have been looking for you. They have told me a lot about you, my names Alice Vonrow by the way." She said extending a hand out to me, I took her hand and shook it.
Jake:" Nice to meet you Alice"
Asia:" Daddy is it safe to come out" Asia said poking her head out from the front of the car.
Jake:" ya it's ok Asia you can come out" After i said that she came out and hid behind me.
Alice:" Awww, who's this cute thing?"
Jake:" Alice i would like you to meet my new daughter Asia" i jestered my hands from Alice to Asia.
Asia:" H-H-Hello" she said poping her head out from behind me.
Alice:" Hey Asia my name is Alice it's nice to meet you" she said sticking here hand out to the little girl. When she did Asia quickly hid behind me.
Jake:" I guess she's a little shy" i said then both I and Alice let out small laughs. "so do you have a group that you with?"
Alice:" yes and your friends are with them" that gave me a bit of relief that they were ok. She put her hand on the walkie-talkie that was on her shoulder. She pushed the button and spoke. "all clear guy it's ok to come out"after that a sniper that was on top of the school showed himself and some people that were hiding in the school showed them self's as well.
After that i go back in the truck letting Asia in first since she has trouble with the doors. I started the truck and Alice started to walk to the Hyvee groceries story acrossed the street. She walked over to the doors and I parked the truck in the parking lot and opened the door for Asia and my dogs after they were all out i grabbed the ammo and guns I had in the back and headed to the doors. Once i was inside i could see people lots of people and many tents i was surprised to see so many people alive and not imprisoned.

"JAKE" i heard some one scream behind me i turned to see Yuno right before she tackled/hugged me to the ground.
Jake:" Yuno... it's nice... to see you... too... but I can't... breath" I managed to wheezed out.
Yuno:" I'm sorry Jake but i thought i lost you" she said loosening her grip on me.
Jake:"it's ok i thought you didn't make it or i would never find you"i just kinda sat there hugging her"
Asia:" Daddy who's that?"
"DADDY!?!?" i heard Yuno and a group of people to my right i turned and that ground was the rest of my friends. At this point Yuno had got off of me to talk to my daughter.
Yuno:" What do you mean by daddy?"
Asia:" my real daddy die and put him in charge of me, he's been treating me like my real dad did so i call him daddy."
Yuno:" what's your name?"
Asia:" Asia Vermule."
Yuno:" my name is Yuno Shapiro."
Jake:" Asia i would like you to meet your aunts and uncles." while they were talking i was getting up" this is Roman Allegro, Randy Fillips, Jeremy Jacobson, Braden Weber, Caylan Shup, Caril Richardson, Isasia Knickerbocker, Brian Charilson, and lastly Kayla Wilson.
Asia:" h-h-h-hi" she said nervously and from behind me.