Chasing The Dealer | Teen Ink

Chasing The Dealer

January 30, 2014
By Sabrina100, jackson heights, New York
More by this author
Sabrina100, Jackson Heights, New York
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:
If you don't get it, it will make sense in the next few chapters, promise! If you are confused that's actually a good thing because that's what I wanted in this chapter.

8:24pm
New York City
A young man walked quickly to the middle of Times Square. The city was crowded with people walking, biking, driving, moving. It was a calm and cool evening, it seemed like the weather didn’t even know what was going to happen. He entered a building off the side near Times Square while checking behind him. All clear.
He walked into the awaiting elevator. He rode to the bottom floor and exited. He walked to the opposite side of the room checking carefully that no one was following. He approached a closet and entered in. He put his hand on the other side of the door, the computer quickly checking for a match.
Password.
The computer asked. He entered in the code and walked into what was suddenly a high tech office filled with small groups of people that were milling around for their missions. It was a 10 floor building that went both underground and and the the basement. He walked upstairs to the top floor knowing there is a office where it held the world’s most top secret agency.
He stopped in front of an office labeled Headquarters. He breathed in a sigh of relief and entered in knowing the boss would be expecting him.
A man looked up and smiled when he entered. It was a big, light room with two desks and comfortably stacked with chairs and snacks. The man matched the room, he was tall, big and was wearing a suit and tie. He was confused why only one boss was here today.
"Jim, what's the news?" The man asked motioning him to sit down.
"I got news you won't like Frank." Jim said sitting down in the office chairs, taking a coffee mug on the counter.
"What is it?" Frank asked curious, leaning in, elbows on the desk.
"She got away again Frank." Jim said looking at Frank.
"What the hell! How could this happen, we had every loophole closed!" Frank said, mumbling, he stood up and started pacing his office.
Jim took a sip. “What do we do now?”
“There’s only one thing to do. We start with what we know." Frank said taking a moment to answer.
"What?" Jim asked.
"Listen. We are going to take one step at a time." Frank replied.
He sat on his desk and pulled up a file from his Apple computer containing crucial information about a case. He opened it and began to read aloud.
“On July 25, 1995, four banks were robbed on the same day. They took place at 4am, 12pm, 4pm and 9:30pm. The robber got away with over $9 million dollars, in cash. It was suspected to be the same person, all doing the crimes the same way. Knocking the guard out, interfering with the cameras, and stealing money from the vault. Only one person was killed that day, at night because the robber was almost caught.” Frank told Jim.
Jim thought about it, “It seems the robber knew everyone who was supposed to work on those shifts.”
Frank nodded, “She lived in the town. Anyway, she disappeared. Probably into hiding. She was never caught. The point is that ten years later she struck again, after the police believed she was dead. She’s been striking recently.”
“She enjoys it Frank, you saw the tape. She does crime for fun.” Jim said.
Frank put the file down, and smiled. “She always knows where we are going to find her. So, we have to even the game out.”
“How?” Jim asked curious, he set the coffee mug down.
“We are sending in a new team, one she won’t suspect because they blend in perfectly.” Frank says, pulling another file from his computer. He showed it to Jim.
“Frank, that would never work. It’s too.....” Jim said, not knowing how to finish his sentence.
“Unbelievable? Crazy? Stupid even?” Frank finished.
Jim nodded, “But, it may be crazy enough to work."
“Damn right.” Frank said.

Sacramento, California
Western time: 5:30pm
Eastern time: 8:30pm
Ryan Watson ducked his head under the counter of the bank and watched the two robbers fill their bags with money.
He could never be normal. He realized. He came to the bank to take out money but instead, he's stuck in a bank with everyone hiding in the corner and 2 robbers getting away. Another day of work. He told himself.
As the robbers walked closer to the vault in the end of the bank he followed them quietly, slowly taking out his gun. People quieted down, watching him.
Two people with ski masks.
Two guns.
About 5 bags.
Piece of cake.
He smiled and slowly crawled closer to them. The robbers had interfered with the security system. Perfect. One of the robbers went inside to take the money while another kept watch.
Shooting them, would probably give the people in the bank a heart attack. He stood up and walked straight to the robber, who was to busy facing the vault.
"Hurry it up, the police could be here any minute." Robber 2 said.
"He's right you know." Ryan called.
The second robber held up the gun, "I will shoot you to hell, get out of here kid." He had a rusty voice.
Ryan held his gun straight at him to and shot him in the leg. The second robber dropped his gun and screamed in agony. He knelt down and swung a punch at Ryan which he blocked. Ryan punched him in the mouth and he fell down to the side.
Ryan kicked him in the stomach and other leg. The guy finally went unconscious.
By this time the first robber had come out and was trying to run for the other exit gate. He shot him twice in the knee and foot. The guy went down quickly unconscious also yelling from the pain. "Son of a b****." We're his last words before Ryan kicked him the mouth.
He quickly tied them up and heard sirens. Police.
When the police arrived to the front gate they saw a bank load of people terrified and two robbers beaten and shot with bruises. Ryan was no where to be seen.
---------------------------------------------
That was close. Ryan said, pulling his sports car in reverse and heading to his hotel. Lets see, his mission earlier was done so time to head back home. He breathed a sigh of relief and waited for his heart to return to his stable condition.
No one was killed at least. He thought.
At 5:50 (western time), he received a call. He stopped the car at the side of the road and checked the caller ID. He sighed happy that it wasn't his ex-girlfriend Macy, who would not stop calling after they broke up.
"Hello Frank." Ryan said.
"Hey Ryan. Listen, I heard what happened at the bank and I'm calling to congratulate you." Frank said.
"Congratulate me?" He asked shocked.
"Yep. You passed the test." Frank said.
"What test. Damn, did I shoot real agents?" Ryan said now feeling kind of stupid.
"No, they were real robbers. The thing is there's a much bigger problem here and I need a special team to help me chase this specific person down. You have made it into that list."
"Well, um thanks? Who else is on the list. You know I don't really work well with others right?" Ryan said remembering the last team he was assigned to.
"The others did something similar to yours a few minutes, hours ago. I can't explain it now. But since you're in-"
"I never said I was in." He said.
"Well, do you want to be in?" Frank asked patiently.
"It all depends on the mission." Ryan said.
"Great, you're in, we have booked you a flight. Is tonight free for you? The flight leaves for New York at 8pm. You will arrive at around 3 or 4am. I need you in my office tomorrow at 4pm. Enjoy the flight!" Frank said hanging up.
Ryan sighed annoyed. First he had to go to his room, pack and see last minute stops while returning this amazing car. Damn, I should probably order takeout. Airplane food sucks sometimes.

Paris, France
Addison Munroe smiled and hummed her favorite song while walking down her favorite shopping street. She missed Paris, it was her home. Every spy needed a vacation after all. She was visiting her parents. Her throat felt dry like a desert and she decided to stop at a cafe.
She left her bags in the car and locked it carefully. She walked inside smiling, changing the song on her playlist.
As she walked in she saw a man with a business suit and a red face yelling at the cashier to get his order right. She smiled thinking he looked like a red tomato.
Addison frowned realizing this guy may take a while, she headed for the door when she heard a large thump on the ground. She turned quickly and saw the man on the floor breathing heavily. All eyes turned to him as everyone looked shocked, unsure what to do.
She rushed towards him and asked the cashier in French, "Ce qui lui este arrivé?" (What happened to him?)
The cashier stuttered and spoke, "Je ne sais pas Madame." (I do not know madam.)
She quickly called the ambulance and when they came his life was spared. He would have been a goner if anyone waited a minute a or two longer.
Addison had learned this information after she was home, late at night waiting anxiously for the news. She had breathed a sigh of relief and went to bed content and surprised that she had saved someone's life.
--------------------------–
Time: 4:55am
Eastern Time: 8:55pm
Addison was fast asleep dreaming when her phone rang.
Her eyes peeked open and ignored the call. Who the hell calls at 5 in the morning?
A few minutes later, it rang again she sighed and got up. She checked the caller ID and picked it up, "Frank, who the hell calls in 5 in the morning? I'm on vacation, call someone else to do whatever mission it is!"
"I'm sorry Addison but this is important. Listen, I wouldn't have called but it’s a special mission that you were picked for."
"Special?" She said, her eyes started drooping.
"Listen, I could tell you but I need you to come into New York. I booked flights for you, it's first class." Frank said trying to persuade her.
"What time?" Addison asked.
"2 hours from now. You need to be in my office by 4pm."
"Fine. But this better be important."
"Great. Enjoy your flight." Frank said hanging up.
Addison got up. She did have a lot to pack and how was she going to convince her parents? They thought Addison spent her whole life waiting for another mission. Sure they would hide their disappointment.
Well, at least I could sleep on the plane. She thought yawning to herself.

Place: Toronto, Canada
Time: 9:00pm
Eastern Time: 9:00pm
Anna Williams was peacefully watching the Niagara Falls light up in the dark with different colors. She rested her head. It was a great place to think.
Especially with the day she had, she had become an agent 6 months ago and it had been one mission after the next. A new experience each time. She thought smiling.
She was glad she could finally take a break and relax.
Anna was not dumb, she knew the agency had bigger cases to solve. She also knew there was someone weird going on. For the past few months, there had been rumors of a bank robbery case that had everyone stumped.
She had been monitoring every bank robbery and marking them on her phone. She looked at it now and realized a while ago that they were targeting museums, banks and some houses. The locations varied too. They were in at least every continent in the world but the locations seemed odd.
Sometimes, a place wouldn't be robbed in a month or a year. She looked at the map and saw that whoever did this was probably very rich. They robbed in Europe one day and the next in America. Or one day in Canada and the next Australia.
She sighed and put it away. I'm on a break, she told herself.
A few minutes later she got a call, a number she didn't recognize. She answered it and asked, "Hello? Who is this?"
"Hello, Anna Williams. It's nice to finally nice to have a chance to talk to you." The man said. He sounded tired but energetic, like a kid on Christmas.
"How do you know who I am? Who the hell are you?" She asked confused. Her face tight and mouth set on a straight line.
"This is Frank, boss of the Headquarters, you're a spy here." Frank stated. Anna blushed realizing she had just made a fool out of herself.
"Hello, sir." She said.
"It's Frank. So I came to tell you that we have a special mission that's related to the map that you made earlier. I need you to come to New York, we have booked a flight for you in the morning at 7am."
"Thank you Frank but what are you talking about?"
"I'll explain everything in New York but you were chosen in this mission. Enjoy the flight!" He said hanging up.
Anna stared at her phone, the information still sinking in.
She started walking to her hotel.
This is going to be very interesting.

Frank and Jim were already at the office. They were prepared knowing that hell would be released when the other came. It was a big, open-spaced office with leather chairs and a polished wood floor. Frank and Jim were both behind the desk sitting and waiting.
Ryan came first as always, he never liked being late. He had disguised himself into a bussiness man. He tipped his head and said hello to both of them.
Anna came next she was also dressed professionally. She said hello and took a seat on the sofa opposite where Ryan was at the chair. She had her lip bit and her hand shook when she met Frank, Jim and Ryan. She shook Ryan’s hand noticing how tall he was from her.
Finally Addison came. Late as usual. She looked very tired but managed to stay energetic. She took a seat in another chair.
Frank smiled and said, “Congratulations!” He said smiling.
“There’s a simple but firm reason we called you here today. It all leads to a specific case. Come gather around near the desk.” Jim said.
They all stood up and walked near the desk. The desk was actually a computer that was able to show information digitally and holographically.
He inserted a password and a bunch of files showed up on the screen. He picked the one that said TOP SECRET. He opened it.
“Anna, you may have already seen this.” He said, pulling out a map of the world up with red pushpins. Anna’s eyebrows pulled up shocked, her mouth opening slightly.
‘Isn’t that my map?” She asked.
Frank and Jim nodded. “This map, identical to yours shows the world’s greatest museums, the biggest banks and richest homes being robbed. The red pushpins indicate the number of robberies only one group or person did.” Frank said.
The world map was filled with red pushpins ranging from 10-30 kilometers/miles long.
“One person can’t possibly steal all these things in one lifetime.” Addison replied.
“What would they use it for? They can’t go anywhere without being caught and put in jail.” Ryan replied, carefully memorizing the information shown.
“Then, tell me how they never got caught and escaped with over 10 trillion dollars.” Jim said.
“How did they?” Anna asked.
“Not a they. A she.” Frank said, swiping right and pulling out another file named, “The Red Pushpins: Doria Cunningham.”
“This is our mission?” Ryan said. “Finding some crazy, stupid old women and put her in what, jail?”
“No, pay attention. She’s not just a crazy women, she seems to know a lot more than you think.” Frank said. He opened her file. There was more than one picture included. Some showed shots of women near banks, museums carrying large and what appeared to be heavy handbags.
“It’s one of these women?” Addison asked.
“No. They were fakes. Carefully questioned and a trick for Doria to escape the country." Jim replied.
"In order for you to take her down you need to understand her." Frank said. "Pull up a chair and I'll explain."
While the others grabbed a chair Jim told Frank, "Well you got them confused."
"Just following the plan." Frank said.

When everyone settled in, Frank began. He pulled up the map.
"Doria has a very tragic history. Her dad abandoned her and her mom gave her to an adoption center. It was a shitty center. She never got adopted and when she did, the people would give her back the next day. Some say its because of the way she talked to people, it scared you to hell and the way she would act around people was just creepy." Frank shuddered.
"You talk as if you know her." Ryan observed.
"I don't know her personally but witnesses say that to me all the time." Frank replied.
"But they've never seen her face. She keeps it hidden. Plastic surgery, a master of disguises really." Jim said.
"Anyway, she was at this very crappy foster home, the man almost raped her but she killed him. Straight on the spot. We would have never known but the man was a rich bastard and kept video surveillance around the house. This is a picture of her at that time. 17. She was then searched for. Possible places, friends, anything." Frank said.
Anna, Addison and Ryan all stared at the black and white photo. It was a young girl who was frowning, her eyebrows were set in a straight line. Her eyes were big, open to what she was seeing but also dead. Like she had given up something. They were also twinkling. It looked if she had a secret.
"Did you find anything useful?" Anna asked.
"No, but we do know of her past life from a fellow friend of hers. He was her ex-boyfriend. He was the second person murdered a few years later. Poison. After this and a couple of bank robberies later, we found out that she had been keeping watch on us. By the agents. She somehow planted a chip in experienced agents in the field. After we found out, she was gone. She disappeared. Retired maybe but gone." Frank said.
"Until?" Addison asked.
"Until of course, she started robbing again. This time, it's different though. Before she only stole money, jewels and so on. This time she's robbing for a purpose. It's as if she's trying to tell us something. She's robbing artifacts and sometimes money."
"How is she getting away with the crime?" Ryan asked.
"She sneaks into an entrance, the cameras haven't captured her face. She's working for someone. She could never sneak in alone, make all security guards unconscious, unlock the vault or cage she was in, in 15 minutes." Frank says.
"Wow, does she owe people money or something?" Addison asks.
Frank smiles. "Unclear."
"Your job is to find out what she's hiding and to stop her. You can start with the map. According to this map and she hasn't been to Holland yet. That's where you will begin. You must convince them to keep their security on high alert." Jim says.
They all nod and stand. "The plane will be taking off in this address in exactly 1 hour. Remember try using your landlines more than your cell phones. Landlines are more complicated to track." Frank said.
"Good luck," Jim said. You'll need it. He thought, sighing sadly.

The author's comments:
Hope you like the code, took me a few days to finalize it.

On the private plane Anna could not believe her luck. Being a spy really paid off. She was now sitting with one of the luxurious planes in her life. The plane had one pilot, and a medium sized plane that had a bar, refreshment stand and many seats. She took a row seat with two people. She was working with two amazing spies, making her the newbie. It could be worse.
Addison was at the refreshment stand. Ryan was checking out the bar.
Addison was very energetic but was kind of bossy focusing on her work. Ryan was hot and Anna tried very hard not to get herself lost in his soft brown eyes. Like a freshly cooked chocolate chip cookie out of the oven. She tried not focus on how his cheekbones matched his smile and how-
Remember the map and mission. She said taking in two deep breaths. "Okay, so what do we know?" She asked.
"That there might be a code she's leaving us." Addison replied, she sat down next to Anna with a cup of coffee.
Ryan walked with a soda and said, "Also that we need to catch a psychopathic killer slash robber." He sat down across from Anna.
"Don't listen to the bastard. Check out the map with her new robberies and locations where she's been seen." Addison said.
Ryan glanced at the map and rolled his eyes, "Thats a lot."
"She has been to:
Irvine, California,
Nadi, Fiji,
Nathan's Creek, North Carolina,
Orlando, Florida,
Children's Museum in Manhattan, New York,
England, UK,
New York City, New York
Toronto, Canada,
Seoul, South Korea,
Yexel's Toy Museum, Las Pinas,
Dublin, Ireland,
Niagara Falls, Canada,
Eagle Lake, Texas and
Yemen." Anna said finishing off.
Addison carefully wrote it down while Ryan thought about it.
"I've never heard of these museums that much. Except maybe the first one." Addison said.
"They seem like very odd locations. What could she have possibly stolen from here?" Ryan said.
"Maybe there's a clue in the map?" Anna said.
"They just look like a bunch of lines intersecting with one another." Addison said after staring at it again.
"What did she steal?" Ryan asked.
"It's not listed. The only reason it's on here is because its the last place where she's been seen after robbing a bank nearby. She dropped something though." Anna said, reading the crime in a website.
"How did people know it was her?" Ryan asked Anna. Anna resisted the urge to look at him, she felt his gaze on her.
"She killed a couple of people, stole the same amount she always does and left a note on the first few banks, saying she was back." Anna said.
"What did she leave behind?" Addison asked.
Anna said, "She robbed around 11-12 places. these are all the clues, first, she left a note with the letter D written on it. Then, the letter O, then an W an I and an F. She then left a note with an RST. She wrote the R weird though. She wrote, R*2." She showed them another article.
"What does that mean?" Addison said.
Ryan wrote if down. "Once, I did a case where the person dying wrote this sign, * as a multiplication sign. Making it R times 2."
"I was never good in math. Anna?" Addison said.
Anna thought for a minute, "Maybe the letter R would appear twice."
"It's a good thing I'm a master of breaking codes then." Ryan said.
Ryan tried,
DWOI FIRST
WORDFAST
WORDFIRST
FIRSTWORD
FIRST WORD
"It's starting to make more sense." Anna said after seeing the last word Ryan got the final meaning.
"Now, what does that mean?" Addison says.
"Try the first word of each place she tried to hide to." Anna said.
Addison looked at her list and said, "Okay, so we got, Irvine, Nadi, Nathan, Orlando, Children, England, New, Toronto, Seoul, Yexel, Dublin, Niagara, Eagle, Yemen."
"She got us here, but now what?" Ryan said.
They all stare at the words for a moment.
"I don't know about you guys but I'm going to take a break. Call me you need me." Addison yawned and stood up, she stretched and walked to the back and pretty soon they heard snoring.
Ryan looked up and saw Anna studying the map, curious to know what secrets were hidden in it. She was facing down at the piece of paper Addison had written. Anna's hair was in a bun with hair escaping and falling softly onto her cheek. She was pretty tan and seemed to take very good care of herself. She had circles around her eyes and was now looking up at him.
He averted his eyes quickly, surprised of the action. He stood up and took a seat next to her. He tried to control his scrambled thoughts. Think about the mission.
"So, find anything?" He asked, it sounded awkward the way he said it.
She relaxed in the chair. "Nope. I'm thinking too much. I can't concentrate." She said looking at him. "How about you?"
"I'm too tired." He looked at her. "Lets take a break."
Ryan stood up and walked to the bar. "Would you like a drink?"
"No thanks. I'm not a drinker." She said walking to the refreshment stand.
Damn. Why am I obsessing over this? He thought. He followed her in.
"So, where are you from?" He asked, pretending to look at the cupboards.
"I'm a Canadian actually. My dad is from Canada and my mom's British." She said looking in the refrigerator. "How about you?"
"Well um, I'm a foster child, luckily I got adopted from this nice women. But, I was 18 and I joined the Headquarters. How did you get signed up?" Ryan said. He looked away when he talked about the foster childhood, people tended to give him a sad smile. He now looked at her, she stood up.
"Well, it's not really that interesting. I was a cop, I helped them solve a big mission and the next thing I know, I'm here in a super fancy plane talking to another spy, going around my usual day." They both smile.
"So how did Addison get signed up?" Anna asked.
"Same as you. She was a cop but she applied. If you ask her she will give you a 20 minute story about it." Ryan said smiling. She turned around back into looking for someone to eat.
"You asked her?" Anna asked.
"Nope, actually my friend did. He told me." Ryan said.
"When's your birthday?" She asked him, and so it went on.
Ryan and Anna spent the rest of the time asking each other questions until they finally fell asleep. Their heads on each others shoulders, with smiles on their faces and a very peaceful night on the plane. For once, it seemed everything was going to work itself out.

Anna woke up first. She woke up with Ryan's head on her head, he looked peaceful and content instead of guarded for once. She rubbed her eyes. Was Addison up yet? Probably not, she could be out for 10 hours if she wanted to, according to Ryan. Ryan and Addison had been on mission before. Never as big as this one though.
She picked up the paper and decided to try crack the code. She checked the time and they had 3 hours left before the plane landed. She looked at the paper and played around with the words. Maybe the first letter of each word?
Her mouth opened surprised. She had to tell the others though. She shook Ryan a little, "Ryan." She said. "Wake up." He mumbled something. "C'mon Ryan, the planes on fire wake up."
He then shot up, stood up and said, "Wheres the fire?"
Anna laughed. "There's no fire. But I think I cracked the code."
"Good afternoon to you to." He said smiling. He stretched and sat down next to her while Anna showed and explained the code.
"So in the end, it looks like this:"
Irvine,
Nadi,
Nathan,
Orlando,
Children,
England,
New,
Toronto,
Seoul,
Yexel,
Dublin,
Niagara,
Eagle,
Yemen
"The code letters INNOCENT SYDNEY." Anna said.
“Great job,” Ryan said, “Now, what the hell does that mean?” His hair was tousled and his eyes sleepy and half closed.
“It means she believes she’s innocent smartass.” Anna said.
Ryan looked at Anna, “There’s no way she’s innocent. Once a criminal always a criminal.”
Anna paused and said, “Sure, yeah, that’s true. You know what, I’m gonna go wake up Addison.” She stood up and walked away leaving behind a very confused Ryan.
What did I say? He thought. He started thinking, last night, when they were talking, he asked her about her family. They were both sitting on the same chairs before they fell asleep, both eating a sandwich.
“Nothing much to say, my mom passed away, so I have my aunt and dad. Oh and a uncle." She said, taking a sip of her coke. “Hey, how long until the plane lands?”
Ryan thought about it for a moment. Anna had abruptly changed the subject. Whatever it is, I am not going to press on it.
He looked back at the code, if Doria was innocent then what’s with the Sydney. Sydney, Australia? Or the name Sydney? She's trying to communicate with us. There's no way someone could go to all those places and make it a coincidence. Maybe she wants us to meet her in Sydney?
He stood up and made his way to the pilot, this plane could not land in Holland.

Sydney, Australia
Bondi Beach
The sun was high up in the sky causing it to be a hundred degrees. The sky was blue making the landscape very light and pretty. Tourists roamed the city taking pictures and was making the most of the heat. People were spending their time sunbathing at the beach.
Ryan, Anna and Addison were also there but for a different reason.
Ryan was at the boardwalk sitting down on one of the restaurants with an umbrella propped over him.
Addison and Anna were at the beach. Both at different sides with the similar position, an umbrella propped open and resting at the beach. They were all watching.
"Are you sure she'll come?" Anna asked Ryan through the earpiece. She peeks from the magazine she was pretending to read. Nothing.
"Yes. It is the most crowded area at this time. If she wants to prove her innocence she has to find us somewhere right?" Ryan said.
"If she's innocent. I wonder if she's tracking us right now. It's too bad we don't have any idea how Doria will come." Addison replied.
"Just wait a few hours, I'm sure she will come." Anna said.
“Excuse me, ma’am.” A women said. She had a big, floppy hat and large sunglasses that covered her face. She had short-sleeves and shorts on. She was holding on to a big picnic basket and an umbrella.
“Yes?” Anna asked. She parked herself to the edge of the beach, so she could see everything clearer.
“Can you help me carry this basket?” She asked. She seemed frail and weak.
“Sure.” Anna said, she stood up and whispered to the mic, “Watch my spot.”
She grabbed the picnic basket and slipped onto her sandals. The basket didn't feel that heavy. She stepped outside of the umbrella, pissed that she was already wishing to go back to the shade. This stupid hat isn't helping that much either.
"So what brings you to Sydney?" The woman asked.
"I'm waiting for someone. How about you?" Anna replied. The sand hit her sandals and the heat melted her alive, giving her sunburns here and there. Anna wished she bought sunscreen.
"I'm waiting for someone too, but I don't know when they'll get here. See they were supposed to meet me at the beach, I don't know if I was clear on the message I sent though." The woman answered.
"Oh. A message?" Anna asked. She looked at the woman.
"Yep, they probably found out to come here by now." The woman said.
"Excuse me, but is your name Doria by any chance?" Anna asked.
"It depends. Agree on my terms." She voice became a whisper as they reached the boardwalk. "In exactly 5 minutes, I will be leaving meet me at the south exit, I will be riding a red car, with the number plate:EN 7894. Leave and get the others. Take of the earpiece to sweetheart." Anna nodded agreeing both excitedly and shocked.
"Goodbye sweetheart. Enjoy your day." Doria said, taking her picnic bag.
"You too, ma'am." Anna said. She checked the time. She walked back to her spot and gathered her things.
"Guys, I found something out." Anna said.
"Oh, you're back from talking to some old hag. This should be interesting." Ryan answered.
"Shut up Ryan." Addison said.
"Guys, the woman was Doria." Anna whispered. "She wants us to follow her, meet me in the car. Oh and the first one there is driving."
"Hey!" Ryana and Addison replied annoyed. Anna ran for the exit and for the parking lot. Good thing the cars parked near me. She made her way to the drivers seat of the black SUV. She took out the spare and through everything in the trunk. Suddenly the heat didn't matter anymore. She got in the drivers seat and started the car, her heart pumping with enthusiasm.
The other two doors opened, Addison in the front and Ryan In the back. Anna started the car. "Damn, what took you guys so long?" She said.
"Forget that. What did she say?" Addison asked. Addison turned on the AC, the car suddenly turning cold.
"She said, meet her in five minutes on front of the south exit." Anna was headed there as she spoke. "We have exactly one minute. Anyway, she's in a red car with the license plate: EN 7894. She wants us to follow her. Oh yeah, take your earpiece off and toss it." Anna and Addison ripped it off quickly and opened their windows a tiny bit, afraid to expose themselves to the hot air.
Ryan was a bit reluctant. "What if she's leading us into a trap?"
"Come on you big ass, we have cell phones." Addison replied.
They waited a moment, moving to the side, trying to avoid traffic. Suddenly, exactly one minute later a black car pulled out of the parking lot. Anna quickly put the car in drive and checked the license plate. Perfect.
She followed the car, wondering where Doria was going to lead them and what she wanted to tell them.
She followed her to a highway and then 20 minutes later into a hotel.
"She wanted to lead us to a hotel?" Ryan asked.
The parked there car a few spaces away. Doria got out and took her shopping bags, picnic bags with her.
"For a crook, she sure does love to go shopping." Addison replied.
"Its probably a cover." From the corner of Anna's eyes, she say Doria glance up at them and motion her head near her.
"I think she wants you to move up Anna." Ryan said.
Anna took a deep breath in a slowly drive the car near the until she was parked right next to her. Anna rolled her window down. "You three are going to follow me to my hotel room. Then we will talk." She said.
They paused for a minute. They reluctantly got out, showing her that they need proof to trust her. All four filled there hands up with shopping bags. Anna still had her hat. "Put on your sunglasses and put that hat away." Doria said.
"C'mon can we go already." Addison replied. They all headed inside and up the elevator, the hotel employees preoccupied with customers, they headed to the top floor into a suite. They got inside and Doria closed the door.
When she turned around she saw Ryan, Anna and Addison covering and blocking the windows. They all stared at each other for a moment. The silence in the room sent on as they all decided if they had gone crazy and how to break the awkward silence surrounding them.

Doria broke the silence first. "I'm surprised that you haven't put me in handcuffs yet." She took a seat on the chair.
Anna walked over and sat on the loveseat facing her, "Well we want to hear what you have to say first."
Ryan sat next to Anna. Addison took the leather chair, relaxing and concentrating on the cool air passing around.
"What did you want to tell us?" Addison asked.
Doria took a paused for a moment. "I am innocent."
"We got that from your code. Innocent Sydney?" Ryan said.
She looked at him and smiled her mysterious smile. She could have been Mona Lisa's twin sister. Her eyes had a spark in them, but they also had a hard edge like she was ready to admit a deep dark secret. Maybe not even hers but someone elses.
Ryan leaned back and coughed uncomfortable with this gaze. This is the part where criminals would take out there gun and threaten to shoot not smile and tell people there story. It's all backwards.
"I bring you all here for a reason. I'm not gonna give you my damn life story. My life is mostly messed up and complicated. I will only tell you certain things that will lead you into knowing who the real criminals are. I am innocent. Yes, I steal and I'm one of the best robbers in the business but I have a motive. My first crimes were fun, I retired 10 years later and got a call that my deepest secret would be revealed if I didn't start robbing again. I don't know this person that well. All I know is that they are a drug dealer and they are now after you."
She stood up. "Before you leave, contact Billy Hammerstone, he will tell you everything."
"If you know all this, why are you telling us?" Anna asked.
"Youre right. Instead, I need you to capture me. Arrest me." Doria said. "This is how you're gonna do it. You sneak out the back and come waiting out with handcuffs to carry me away and put me in jail."
"Why are you giving yourself in?" Addison asked. She too was puzzled. She had only once been in a case like this, the man told them to arrest him because he was mental.
"Because they already know that you're here. They will kill me." She replied.
"Who is they?" Ryan asked.
"The drug dealers and the people that want me dead." Doria replied. Her mouth was set again to the hard frown that she was known for. "Hurry up." She said urgently.
Surprised but known that they were gonna catch her and arrest her at the end the climbed out the window and took the emergency stairs. Ryan went to the front to wait for her. Anna guarded the first emergency staircase knowing this could be a trap. Addison guarded the others. They called Frank and told them there progress and how they tracked her down.
And just as planned, she came down and was arrested, the police of Sydney was also there making it seem like a very big deal. Reporters showed up and no one gave anything away. Only that a big criminal was caught.
The city celebrated that night glad to have a criminal off there hands. Meanwhile, in a plane ride to Britain, the plain truth was that the only person really happy was Doria herself.

The author's comments:
What do you think?

"Doria is hiding something big." Addison said. Ryan, Anna and Addison were pacing around near the refreshments, unable to sleep,
"She won't give anything away." Anna said.
"Did anyone else notice how she went from giving us the information necessary to arrest me." Ryan replied taking a seat.
"Yeah, she's hiding something huge." Anna said taking coffee from the refreshment stand.
Addison echoed their thought as she said, "But what?"
"We have to find more information on her." Ryan said. "You guys up for a researching night?"
In about two hours later, there were calls to hospitals, secret agencies, police departments on any information known about Doria Cunningham.
"She is good." Anna said, she checked the map again and it told the same story. All her crimes and not one personal information source.
"How about her town? The one she grew up in?" Anna asked.
"What about it?" Ryan asked.
"We'll, she first started robbing somewhere. A town someone grew up in shows a lot about the person now." Anna said.
"Well, she was born in a small town in Arizona called Kingsley.” Addison says. “I’m checking all the files now they have on her.” She sat down and set down the papers she printed out. She opened her laptop.
“Are we sure that this is her real name?” Anna said.
“Yep, Frank thinks so. And everyone at the agency.” Ryan says. He was looking in the criminal database. Anna sat down next to him and leaned in to see what he was looking at. Ryan could smell the scent of her perfume.
"What are you looking for?" Anna asked.
He took a moment to answer, what was I gonna do?
"Oh, um, the name she said...." His cheeks grew a faint red. Ryan racked his brain for the guys name. Focus.
"Billy Hammerstone?" Anna answered. Ryan looked up and smiled.
"Yep." He answered, typing down the name on his laptop. "Good, he's in jail. We don't got to run around chasing people."
"He's in jail because of an murder." Anna said, "This should be fun." She said sarcastically.
"Hey, he's located in Cheshire, England." Ryan said, smirking.
"What?" Anna said noticing the way his lips curled up.
"Well, I was born and adopted in the United States. But for a short time I lived in Cheshire. My mom liked to move around a lot." Ryan said smiling. He put his arm around her, without noticing it. Anna slowly laid her head on his shoulder enjoying the scent.
"Did you have the accent?" Anna asked smiling, she took the laptop from him.
"Yeah, I guess so for a short while." He said smiling at her. Anna smiled back.
"So what are you looking at?" Ryan asked looking at the website she pulled up.
"I'm gonna ask the chief over there if we can have a talk with Billy. I wonder if Addison found anything out." Anna replied looking back at the laptop.
"Where is Addison? She was right here a minute ago." Ryan said, Anna moved her head off and looked around.
"Addison?" She called.
"In here." She called. "I'm in the refreshment stand. There is no food in here whatsoever."
"Did you find anything about Doria?" Ryan asked.
"Yep, you will never believe it either. All school records have been deleted but I found her police record. She was in a few times. Sometimes pick pocketing and stuff." Addison stood up and put her hands on the counter. "I also found out that she lived in Arizona until she was 20. Then she became known as the biggest robbery ever known. Then there was no record except one." Addison paused and took a long sip of coffee.
"Well, what is it." Ryan asked.
"I don't know if I'm right." Addison said.
"Well, you haven't been wrong yet." Anna said.
Addison smiled, she then wordlessly walked toward them with a printed copy of something. She sat across from them and set the paper down.
"According to this, when she was 21 she became a mother." Addison said pushing the copy of the birth certificate toward a shocked Anna and Ryan.

The author's comments:
One of my favorite chapters to write

Doria Cunningham sat in a soundproof room. She was seated on a chair with a table with her foot in handcuffed to the chair. One hand was handcuffed to the table with the other hand free to eat with. She was surrounded with solid walls and cameras in different angles watching and recording her every move.
She took a deep breath in and out and waited. She had a half smile on. She was finally being caught and yet she couldn't have been more happier. The bastards that want me can't get me in jail.
The doorknob turned and the door opened. Doria looked up.
Ryan entered in with a folder in his hand. He closed the door behind him. He flicked his eyes to the camera where Anna and Addison were watching and recording. Everything would be sent to Headquarters.
Ryan pulled the chair and was glad for the carpet. No squeaky noise when pulling it out. He sat down and looked at Doria. His mouth set onto a hard line that meant business. Doria looked at him, unsure why he was here.
"So, Doria, is there anything you want to say or admit before I ask you anything?" Ryan started.
"I have nothing to admit to you about." Doria said.
Ryan nodded his head, already knowing this response. "State your full name."
"Ms.Doria Cunningham."
"Where did you grow up?"
"Kingsley, Arizona."
"Were you a foster child?"
"Yes."
"What did you do when you turned 18 and over?"
"When. Was 21 I started robbing. Then I retired. And now I'm here. Why are you asking questions to answers you already know?" Doria said.
Ryan smiles. "There's something that doesn't match your story."
"What's that?" She asks, looking at Ryan. She was trying to hide a laugh.
"Why did you retire?" He asks.
"Because I had enough money to buy me a mansion and live in Florida." She said.
"Are you sure you didn't meet somebody? You were at the top of your game and then you retired. Now, you're here, caught. You got involved into something bigger. Maybe more dangerous." Ryan said, crossing his arms.
“You act like you know something.” She observed.
Ryan straightened up and opened the folder he was holding when he entered. “According to your old files in Kingsley, there is no school life recorded but there is a police file. The case that you were locked up for, after you killed the foster parent. It was never finished. You escaped.” He pulled out the newspaper article on the story,
Doria read it silently.
Ryan continued noting how her mouth turned into a hard line. It looked as if she was looking through her high school memories book and was thinking back into the old days.
“We found something else too.” He pulled out another piece of paper and laid it on the table. “You became a mother when you were only 21. The birth certificate proves it.” Ryan said, waiting for her reaction.
She stared at the birth certificate stunned. Her expression motionless and her eyes bright. Her mouth gaped open. “I thought I burned all the copies.” Doria said.
“Not all.” Ryan said, “So who’s the lucky kid? This copy is mostly burnt. The department building that had it was burnt down. This was one of the few pieces saved from the fire. As you can see, the name of the child you gave was the part burnt including the father. It only shows your name.”
She looked up at him, “I gave my kid up to the foster care a few weeks when he was born. I have never seen him since. As for the father,” she sighed, “it was my ex-boyfriend before he was murdered by my boss.”
Now where getting somewhere. Ryan thought. “Listen, Doria, you don’t have to tell me everything about your life. I know it’s crappy. But, tell me who and what is the boss. Why are you giving yourself in?”
“Why the hell would I do that? What’s in it for me?” Doria said. Her mind was racing. That ass can’t get me to admit nothing.
Ryan knew he didn’t have a strong reason. He wasn’t even sure it could be found. But, it is the next best thing. So, Ryan pulled out another reason from his bag. “We will help you find your son.”
Doria looked at him hard, her eyebrows went up and her brain was hurting. There’s no way he’s alive.
“How do you know he’s alive?” She asked.
“If he’s not alive, we can find out what happened to him. Do you remember Anna and Addison? They’re probably working on it right now.” He glanced at the camera for confirmation.
She glanced up at him. “I don’t know everything. But here’s what I know. You have yourself a deal. But I want better food with this too. I can’t live on this junk forever.” She said eyeing the half finished plate in front of her. She took her hand out and Ryan shook it.
He smiled. “Now for the information download.”
She smiled and started, “Get your notepads ready. This is what I know. I was joined in this organization after my son was born. I said no at first but they killed my ex-boyfriend so I had to say yes. This was also the reason I sent him away. I knew they would kill him without a single glance. They didn’t know at first. They couldn’t get me to join.”
“Because you didn’t have anyone you really cared about near you.” Ryan commented.
“Yep. A few years ago, they found him. I don’t even though if he’s alive right now. They could’ve already killed him. I started robbing again. I finally came out of retirement. I don’t know who the boss is. I know that they like money. I would just say the place and then they’ll give me the resources needed to rob it. They were resourceful. They have killed a lot of people to. I don’t know if it’s a he or she. Billy Hammerstone probably does though.” Doria finished.
“How does Billy Hammerstone know so much?” Ryan asked.
“Well, whenever you wanted to rob something Billy was the messenger that went up and told the boss. But then, he was in jail. Still is. He now works there. His own little way of making sure he doesn’t get killed.” Doria said.
“I’m, guessing there located all around the world then. Only one person is in charge but they have a lot of people working for them.” Ryan said. “Anything else?”
“Nope.” Doria said.
Ryan stood up and exited. Now, what do you know Billy Hammerstone?

Billy Hammerstone is a very unusual man. He had a scratchy voice like an old carpet and he seemed pretty spry for an old man. Addison noted. She thought back to what had happened.
Anna and Ryan had stayed with Doria to make sure British customs had allowed her through. That was over an hour ago. Now, they were trying to look for her son.
She had smiled thinking what a cute couple they were. She had a sudden pain in her heart. Me and Dylan were like that once. She sighed. But I’m over him, right?
She had stretched her legs and arms before entering the police station. The jail was like the usual ones, a police office with the jail cells in the back. She walked over to the telephone booths.
She sat down and waited for Billy Hammerstone to enter. She noted how there were a few other criminals and people talking. She had picked an area off to the side. No one would notice what they were talking about but the camera probably caught her face.
She now stared at the prisoner in front of her. He was also assessing her in an unsurprised expression. His eyes glinted with curiosity.
Addison picked up the telephone used to talk to Billy. Billy did the same. "You're Billy Hammerstone?" Addison asked. Billy noted the French accent.
"Who else? And you are?" Billy said. Addison noted a British accent.
"Addison Munroe, I'm part of a secret organization." She replied. Billy's eyebrows opened wide and revealed a wrinkled forehead.
"And what does this have to do with me?" He asked.
"We recently arrested someone you may know. We know you're part of a bigger organization then you let people know." She leaned in, and pulled out a flash drive, "We have the evidence. If you lie we have proof in this flash drive to prove you wrong. But, if you tell the truth and squeal like a bird, then we can lower your sentence." Addison said.
"It depends, what do you need?" Billy answered a moment later.
"I want to know about your boss." Addison asked.
Billy laughed. "I wish it was that easy kid. Listen, the only thing I know is that whenever one of these damn prisoners need money or whatever they tell me. Then, some guy comes here every week and takes down the order. It's like a restaurant. I'm the waiter, there the cook. The prisoners or whoever the hell wants to contact the boss go to me."
"It's only prisoners?" Addison questioned.
"Nope. Sometimes it's average people, couples, I once had a kid. I thought you were one of them." Billy said.
"A kid?" Addison asked.
"Yeah, he needed money for his dad or some s*** like that." Billy answered.
"What happens after a person gets in?" Addison asked.
"They do the boss's bidding and then when they get there share, the boss decides if there worth spending time on or not. If there not," Billy shakes his head, "You can say they disappear."
"Does the same guy come to take the information down? When will he be coming again?" Addison asked.
"No, it's different every week, sometimes it's a girl. One week the same guy comes and the other week the same girl comes. Usually they use that camera over there and they see the big order and come. So far, I haven't got any big orders." Billy said.
"Hey, Billy do you know how to act?" Addison asked smiling.
A few hours later an older and heavyset man walked into the police station. The officer smiled at him recognizing him as a regular. The man smiled back and walked into the phone booths area, sitting in the same seat Addison was. He was dressed in a suit and tie. He was not carrying anything.
He waited for him to enter.
Billy entered in and sat down recognizing the man instantly. He nodded his head at him and picked up the telephone. The man mimicking his movement.
"I saw that we got a pretty big deal." The man started.
"Well, the lady really needed money so I do what I usually do, I told her the boss could give him money. Then, she wanted in really badly." Billy said.
"Well done. What did she want? What are her talents?" The man asked.
"Here's her profile." He said sliding a paper to him.
"Wow, usually we never get that."
"Write down that she's really prepared to." Billy suggested.
Both men nodded at each other. Billy left, back into his jail cell. The other man tucked the information in his pocket and walked out toward his car. His white SUV was parked a block ahead to the police station. He unlocked the car and walked to the drivers seat. He entered in and closed the door.
He heard a trigger.
When he turned around to the passenger seat, he saw the same woman from the video footage with an accomplished smile on her face. "Hands up."

Back at the suite where they were staying. Anna stared out the window and took in the sights. England was a beautiful place and she wished she could have time to visit and explore it on her own sometimes. She rested her head at the window and took a deep breath of the air.
She was in hers and Addison's suite. Ryan had his own private room. This suite had two beds, a big bathroom, a kitchen and a couple of sofas with a coffee table. This room was specially furnished making it seem new and expensive.
Ryan was sitting at the sofa going through a million files that pulled up on his laptop. He spent most of his time glancing at her direction though.
Ryan sighed and got up. Anna turned around and faced him. He smiled at her. He walked toward the kitchen, “Half-mocha coffee right?” He called.
“Yep.” She smiled, wondering how he remembered that. She walked over to the computer and glanced at the screen.
The loading sign showed saying that about 90% of the data was loaded.
She took a deep breath in and waited patiently. 95% Complete. She walked over to the kitchen and watched Ryan for a moment. He glanced up and smirked, he was a couple of inches taller than she was.
“Like what you see?” Ryan asked jokingly.
Anna rolled her eyes. "Just waiting for my coffee." She said looking up at him. She was on one side of the counter that faced to the sofas while he was on the side that faced the kitchen. She noticed once again how tall he was from her.
He leaned in, bending down so that there noses almost touched. "Well," Anna could feel the cool breath hit her and couldn't help but close her eyes.
He closed his eyes and leaned in.....
Suddenly, her phone rang. Then, just like the few seconds it had taken them to get there they suddenly pulled there heads back. Anna blushed and Ryan turned away putting his head on his neck.
"I should take this." She said taking out her phone and backing into another room, her eyes never staring at her phone but at him or the floor. Ryan also turned away.
She answered the phone without bothering to check the caller ID. "Hello?" She asked her thoughts scrambling from one place to another.
"Hey." Anna still controlling her thoughts heard the caller pause for a moment. "Earth to Anna, it's Addison? Did you and Ryan have a moment?" She teased.
Anna decided not to answer that question. "So, what took you so long to answer?"
"Well, when you’re bringing prisoners to jail, you don’t keep track of time? What did you guys find out?” Addison asked.
"Almost. Most of the data was loaded. How about you? Anything from Billy?"
"Oh yeah, I found the guy that leads information to the boss. The boss is a women. He's never seen her face before though. I'm in another jail. That's where we put him. I won't tell you the name. He's been telling me that she's a hacker." Addison replied.
"Anything else?" Anna asked.
"Well, it turns out that she is rich. She's loaded from blackmailing, robberies, taking precious artifacts. The usual." Addison replied.
"So, it's someone rich and probably who you wouldn't suspect. Anything else?"
"Well, she owns a couple private islands. The guy gave me a few names."
"Great, we can start from there. Talk to you later." Anna asked.
"Yeah, bye." Addison said. They both hung up. Anna walked into the room Ryan was in, he was still making coffee. Anna breathed in the good scent.
"So what happened?" He asked, not turning around.
Anna filled her in and Ryan listened intently. "Damn, some b**** has been taking money for years and we are just finding this out?"
"Yeah I guess so. Here are the islands she might own." Anna showed Ryan the text message Addison had just texted her. Ryan set the coffee cups down.
"Do you think Frank will know something?" Ryan asked.
"He might. Wait, isn't there another headquarters in Britain?" Anna asked.
"Yep. Do you want to check it out or should I?" Ryan asked.
"You. You know where it is and they probably know you, so it works out perfectly. I'll look from here." Anna answered.
"Okay then." He grabbed his jacket and put it on. Anna headed toward her laptop and sat on the kitchen chairs. "See ya." He called.
"Bye." Anna said. She watched him go for a moment before typing down the islands name.
Both of them forgetting the laptop which had just showed a 100% match on Doria's son.
-----------------------------------------
Ryan was in a taxi riding back to the headquarters when he got a phone call. He smiled and picked it up.
"Hey mom." He said.
"Ryan Watson, you have not called me in 3 weeks!" His mother shrieked into the phone.
"Well, see, I was in a lot of places without Internet and I'm kind of at work now so I was busy." Ryan said.
"That's your excuse? So how is life with missions?" She asked.
"Well I'm in England with two new workers." He smiled.
"So?" She asked after he paused for a moment.
"Well-" Ryan began.
"You like one of them don't you?" His mother asked.
"Hey, listen Mom, I gotta go-" Ryan said.
"C'mon can't I get a name?" She asked. "That's all I will ask, promise."
"Anna." He said giving in.
He could feel her smiling from all the way over there. "Okay, honey, I'm going on vacation for a few days."
"Where are you going?" Ryan asked.
"Hawaii, the caribbean's. Anywhere with some sun." She answered.
"Enjoy your vacation. Ill call you uh, later. Bye." He said.
She said her goodbye and hung up. He sighed. The taxi driver looked at him, "Mothers huh?"
"Yeah." Ryan said in agreement.

Addison had just entered in the hotel room and took the sight that she saw with her.
What had started as a clean, germ-free, a floor that you can literally eat food off the of had turned into this. This huge catastrophic disaster. There were coffee cups everywhere and food or salad bowls piled stacked neatly on top of another. Anna was sitting on the armchair patiently patiently waiting.
Addison walked in closer and noticed a man with Anna's laptop focusing on something. He was sitting on the sofa. Addison walked took a few more steps, finally noticing the strangers face. "I know you from somewhere." Addison said trying to place it.
He smiled. Anna looked up, "Hey. This is Carter, he's trying to hack into whoever owns the private island."
"Oh. Did you find anything?" She asked him. He was looking back at the screen trying to take down the firewalls.
"Not yet. Whoever installed it knows there way around a computer." Carter said. Suddenly, a warning sign appeared on the screen and the laptop crashed.
"Damn! I almost had it." Carter yelped.
"My laptop!" Anna cried.
"Now what?" Addison asked.
Carter stood up. "I'm going to head into my apartment and try from there. I have a bigger software system. I will call you guys if I get anything. See ya. Nice to meet you Addison." He said nodding at her.
He exited and cringed when finally noticing the room. "Sorry about the mess." He said before opening the door behind him and leaving.
Addison plopped down on the couch and rested her head on the side. "I have had a hellhole of a day and now our room is a mess."
"It's not that bad, I mean this is Ryan's room." Anna said plopping down next to her. Addison scanned the room and noticed only one bed with another door connecting the two rooms together. They both laughed.
"Smart." She said.
Anna smiled at her and closed her eyes. "My head hurts so much I tried so hard to crack that code. We are so close. By the way, what happened to you anyway?"
She sighed. "Interviewing criminals, arresting them, the usual." Addison said. "I was on vacation before this. Plus, that guy looked really familiar, I feel like I saw him somewhere."
"Are you sure you didn't see him on the street? Or did you go on a date with him?" Anna asks.
"No." Addison scowled. "Where's Ryan?"
"At Headquarters, trying to crack the code to." Anna said.
"Hey, did you see who Doria's son is yet?" Addison asked.
"Oh, I forgot about that." Anna said, she stood up and grabbed the laptop in the other room.
She sat next to Addison and opened the screen.
"Damn." Anna whispered her face frozen at the sight.
"What the hell?" Addison screeched, suddenly feeling awake.
Anna grabbed her jacket and made her way through the door. "Addison, I will go warn him and you contact Headquarters."
"Got it," Addison said dialing the number as Anna raced out the door.
------------------------------------
Anna was waiting in the taxi, stuck in traffic. She glanced at her watch impatiently. She tapped her foot and forced herself to look out the window. Why did the taxi guy have to take the long way?
"How much longer?" She asked the guy.
The man had a big hat on and answered, "It depends on the traffic madam." He had a very scratchy voice.
Suddenly, the car started overheating. He drove to the side of the highway.
"One minute, ma'am, it happens all the time." He answered exiting the vehicle.
Anna coughed. She tried opening the door but it was locked.
One thought entered her mind. Gas.
She tried holding her breath in and pounded on the door. Break the window.
She looked around the taxi, searching for something, anything. She kicked it twice.
Damn, they thought of everything! She thought, trying to ignore the pain on her foot.
She grabbed her cell phone and dialed in the first number. Ryan.
He didn't pick up. Anna mentally cursed. She left a short message, "Help. I'm being kidnapped, and what's his name, um Doria's son is in danger.
She reached for her gun, but it was too late, everything turned dark and all feelings and thoughts disappeared in her head.
----------------------
Ryan was in Headquarters quickly tapping out possible codes and trying to break in firewalls. Almost there. He thought.
A few more taps later and he was in.
He smiled with relief. One more thing done for tonight.
He took a sip of his coffee and set it down on the table. He started to check out the website.
The website featured the island. There were pictures of beaches, a wonderful blue ocean that seemed to sparkle in the sun. The island gave a Hawaiian vibe. Then, there was a cabin in one part of the island.
Ryan stared at it for a moment. He felt like he knew that cabin. It's probably nothing. He thought. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. A few moment later, he felt very sleepy.
He was suddenly limp on the chair, his head at the edge of the chair and his eyes slowly drifting off into a deep sleep. He tried to open his eyes but the sudden drowsiness took him under their spell. Ryan, to weak to fight drifted off into a deep sleep.
The last thing he heard was someone calling their name. Why are they so far away? He thought before suddenly, becoming unconscious.
--------------------------------
Addison had just hung up with Headquarters when her phone rang again. She glanced at the screen and picked it up quickly.
"Ryan, what the hell happened to you?" Addison yelled into the phone.
"Hey, is this Addison?" A man asked.
"Yeah. Who are you?" She asked.
"I'm an agent here, Dillon. Ryan just got unconscious, a bunch of guys are bringing him to the hospital." Dillon replied.
"So, why do you have his phone? Which hospital?" Addison helped heading out the door. She shut it closed and locked it behind her.
"It fell out of his pocket. I just found it with a bunch of texts from you." He replied. Addison remembered texting him, asking where he was. He gave her the address.
"Okay, thanks. Listen, I'm heading straight for the Headquarters. Don't touch anything." Addison said, hanging up. She ran outside the hotel and flagged down a taxi.
She gave the taxi the address and with a promise of a raise it raced off.

Addison ran in and stopped to stare at the sight. In a desk, there was only one person waiting.
"Are you Dillon?" She asked. The guy was cute and was standing protectively guarding the area.
"Yep. And, you're Addison? Here is Ryan's phone and everything's left in their exact same place." He replied, he handed over the phone. Addison took it.
"Was anyone else in here?" She asked.
"Nope." He said.
"Thanks." She said and Dillon handed her a piece of paper. She stared questioningly at it. "My number, call me if you need any help." She nodded, smiling at him.
"Thanks I will do that." She replied. He walked away.
She smiled and checked over Ryan's phone. There was a missed call from Anna and a few text messages from her. She listened to the voice message.
Anna's in trouble. Addison thought.
She checked the desk noting a coffee cup. Maybe there was something in the coffee. She picked it up and smelled it.
It had an odd scent in it. Someone was deliberately after him.
Addison checked the computer noticing a website. It showed the islands name. Addison checked it over, noticing the Hawaiian type island. She scrolled down and finally clicked on contact information.
The island was located just off of the Caribbean's. Addison scrolled down and found a name.
Ms.Hillary
She was going to have one hell of a surprise.

Anna suddenly opened her eyes. The first thing she saw smelled was the salty beach air. She blinked and held her hand to her head, feeling dizzy. Where am I?
She looked around, it was pitch dark. She stood up and felt her way around her. She raised her hand slowly, realizing that this must be a room. She started walking, her senses on high alert. She finally felt a wall. She smiled with relief.
She followed a wall until she reached a doorknob. She touched it slowly afraid to find out what lay ahead. She turned it slowly and quietly. No one should hear me.
She turned it and unsurprisingly found it locked. She sighed feeling that small hope in her gut drift away. She followed the wall again until she finally reached a light switch. She flicked it on and brightness suddenly filled the room. Anna blinked a few times.
She was in a small room with only a light switch and a camera.
-----------------------------------
Hillary smiled as she watched the screen that pictured Anna staring directly at the camera.
Hillary checked the other screen that showed Ryan awake and was currently banging the door with his fist. She checked the last two camera and knew her plans were going to go perfectly planned.
She stood up, "Inform me if anything else happens." She motioned a few guards. "You will come with me." She then stride confidently and exits the room.
Time for Plan B.
-------------------------------
Addison let out a deep breath and opened her eyes. I made it.
She lets the past few hours run through her head. I took a plane and called Dillon. Ten, on the plane, I informed Headquarters and asked for more agents to arrive immediately to this island.
"Well, were here." Dillon said.
She looks at the passenger seat and smiles. "Now, we got to find the others. Is Anna phone tracked yet?"
He looked at his laptop and frowned, "There's a blocked Internet connection."
She frowned. They both exited the plane and walked a few feet from where the plane landed. She scans the area. Addison walks a few feet and glances at the ground. She kneels down. "There's a tire track here. It's faint but visible."
"We will start from there then, I will grab the equipment and you grab the weapons." Dillon replied heading into the plane.
She sighed and followed him. Don't worry guys, were coming.
----------------------------
Ryan leaned against in the wall feeling a thousand bruises skim across his body. He breathed in and tried to concentrate.
The last thing I remember is researching about the islands. I had hacked into the system. I was looking through the pictures when I saw a cabin. I know that cabin.
And then, just like that a memory popped into his head. He closed his eyes. He was to weak to fight it. He let the pictures come flowing through his mind like a movie.
When Ryan Was 5
"Where are we going?" He asked tugging on the new woman. The couple at the foster him said she was supposed to be his new mom.
She didn't seem very motherly though. She was pushing him into a taxi cab.
"I'm taking you on vacation um-Ryan." The woman said. She averted her eyes and told the driver to step on it. The strange woman kept glancing behind her.
"Is something wrong?" He asked her.
"No. We just have to head to the airport."
A few hours later, he was being shoved into a plane with a strange lady with a large suitcase and a bigger coat. He grabbed his suitcase and followed her. He sat down and looked out the plane.
"I have never been on a plane before." He said.
The woman smiled. "You'll like it." She said.
He smiled. He was getting adopted. He rested his head on the chair and looked out the window, smiling. I'm finally getting a home.
When he woke up, he was in a big bedroom with a window and spaceships on the wall. He's smiled and yawned. Where am I? Where the lady too?
He looked around and headed to the door. He spotted a living room and walked outside. He saw a calm, relaxing beach. It was very tropical. He walked and stepped into the ocean smiling. He turned around and saw a woman coming out of another cabin.
"What do you think Ryan?" She asked.
Ryan looked at the view, a large cabin and other smaller cabins filled with palm trees and a woman. A woman who was his new mother. He smiled. I have a home.
Present
Ryan looked at the cabin. I've been here before.
He looked around and stood up quickly. I know this room.
He put his hands on his head and started pacing. The only person who could own this island was-it can't be.
Ryan whispered, "Mom?"

Anna paced around back and forth. She was alone in this room with nothing else that can help her escape. She breathed in and out.
Don’t freak out. Think. I have to break down the door.
Lets see. She checked her pockets and found no gun. Damn.
She looked around, something had to be heavy enough to throw at it.
But, there's nothing in here except, the camera.
Anna smiled. Without thinking, she jumped up and grabbed the camera, knocking it to the ground. It was a medium sized thing. Perfect for a pretty small doorknob. She walked to the door and carefully aiming, she threw the camera down hard.
She heard alarms next.
-----------------------------
Addison and Dillon quickly walked, following the tire tracks. Addison was ahead while Dillon was behind trying to enter in the database.
"Any luck?" She called.
"Wait, wait, yes! I got it!" Dillon yelped. He jumped up and down with joy. Addison smiled.
Addison stopped and watched him. He clicked a few buttons and said, "We have calls from Frank and messages from Jim. There saying that they are almost here."
Addison replied, "Tell them about the lack of connection problem and to surround the entire island. Whoever’s on this island isn’t escaping."
"Got it." Dillon said, quickly running up to her.
"So what's the plan?" He asked.
"Well, Hillary already captured Doria's son and-"
"Wait," Dillon interrupted her, "Who is her son?"
Addison sighed. "Well, Doria, is smart and a really good hacker." She hinted.
"Well, that narrows it down to about a hundred people in the world." Dillon said. "C'mon, tell me."
"He worked his way up to the agency by his computer skills. He works in your area. He plans your missions."
Dillon thought about it for a minute, "That's either Clarise or Carter. They both work together."
She smiled, "Carter of course. He is the orphan who got adopted and he was working on the code just before all this happened."
Dillon stared at her, his mouth open in complete shock.
---------------------------
Carter was locked in a room in a cabin. He blinked his eyes and tried to see where he was in the dark.
His mind scrambled and he grabbed his glasses that had fallen on the floor.
What happened? He racked his head. I was in my apartment trying to crack the code but then the doorbell rang. Thinking it was the pizza I ordered, I answer the door and suddenly I'm hit on the head with a pizza box. The last thing I remember is an image of someone staring down at me.
He shuddered finally awake and his senses in check. He concentrated on the image of the group that attacked him.
The group had a strange woman in the front. The woman had an evil smile with eyes that looked like they could reach in and kill you without a single touch.
He stood up and started walking until he reached a wall. He felt around for a light switch. C'mon.
He felt a switch and turned it on. He looked around and blinked, surprised at the sudden light.
He checked his surroundings. Four walls, a camera and a door. No window?
He studied the camera. He told himself he could find a way out of here. I’ve spent my whole life saving other field agents in these situations. I got this. He studied the camera, mentally noting down the type, size and about how much camera space there was.
Now I'm in the field. He shuddered. Not many people come back.
Damn, this really sucks.
---------------------
Ryan was having a mental breakdown. His 'mother' was an International criminal. She was a phone call away! Ryan breathed in and out. He wanted to know if his whole life was a lie. Why did she adopt me? Why am I here?
Breathing hard and thinking back, things started to make more and more sense. All those trips, the strange visitors, a lot of business workers. All those karate lessons. Were they to get me out of the house?
He didn't know everything but he did know that he had to get out of here. Right now.
He scanned the room again concentrating. According to his memory when he was 5, there should be windows in every room in each cabin. The window was always near the bed to. He walked over to the walls and inspected them closely. There had to be some mark left behind. He checked the floors and saw a scratch. He bent his head down and stared at it.
The scratch matched something that had to be moved. Something big too. First things first, destroy the camera.
He walked over to it and tapped on it. Subtle now.
He focused himself to think about how his life was a lie and how Anna and Addison was dragged into the mess. Where was Anna? She probably did something to her.
In one quick motion, he punched the camera straight in the lens, causing it to shatter into a million pieces.
"Owwwww." He said, wincing his hand. I'm almost out though.
He went back to the scratch on the floor and stared at the wall that angled it. Freshly painted. He tapped on the wall with his other hand and heard a sound that didn't match with the others. He smiled. Bingo.
He taps again and marks the corners of the window with his fingernail. Just a few more minutes and its home run.
-----------------------
Addison and Dillon were hidden in the bushes. Addison motioned Dillon to head to the other side of the cabin. They were both staring at the sight in front of them. A large cabin, smaller cabins, palm trees and about 10 guards all crowding around 4 cabins. There were about 50 people.
Probably more inside. Addison thought.
Addison handed Dillon a few guns that would make people instantly unconscious for 3 hours or more. She handed him a few guns and took a few of her own. Dillon nodded and crawled a few yards away from Addison at a reasonable pace.
Addison took a dart gun and aimed it for the few guards the closest to her. She fired and heard the sound of 1 guard going unconscious.
A few moments later, 10 guards were unconscious. Addison stood up and aimed for the guards coming after her. Dillon ran near the cabins and started shooting.
Addison kicked a guard and shot him before he went down. Punching and running and keeping a precise aim. The guards can not catch me under any condition.
Dillon had scampered up a cabin and was aiming at the guards. They would have this done in no time.
A guard tried climbing up the cabin but failed ultimately when Addison shot him.
Suddenly, Anna came out from one of the large cabins. She was running away from some guards. She stepped into the madness where guards were falling unconscious and there was screaming in terror everywhere.
She saw Addison running, shooting the first person that came near her. Some guy on the roof shooting with amazing aim.
Anna saw 3 guards head toward her. She punch one of them in the stomach, and kicked one in the face. She ducked a blow from another coming guard. She hit one of the guards knees and they went down, she hit a blow on his head and he went down.
She reached for the gun and shot two shots to the other guards. She sighed and headed in for the fight confidently.

Ryan kicked the window and suddenly, cool air rushed past him. He breathed it in and jumped out of the window. He started walking and took in the scene. There were rampages everywhere. There was blood, guns, guards and people unconscious on the floor.
It looked like they were winning. He scanned the perimeter and knew that Hillary would be escaping somewhere. First, he needed a gun. He headed into the battle and spotted Anna taking out 3 guards per minute. Addison was busy shooting everything she saw and then there was some guy shooting on the roof. Ryan stared at the scene for a moment and took it all in.
He grabbed the nearest unconscious guard’s gun and ran for the cabins. He busted in the large cabin and explored it thoroughly. He started running to the other cabins where there were more guards unconscious. He busted in and scanned the area.
No one was in but there was a camera on the floor that had been taken apart. He looked around and saw another door on the other side of the cabin.
He ran out from that door and started running. She was not getting away today. He stopped running when he stopped in front of a helicopter with a man in handcuffs entering in. A woman was pushing him in.
"Stop or else I will shoot." Ryan said. He aimed the gun at them.
They both turned around. It was a secluded area with only them two and a helicopter. Ryan stared at the woman. "Hillary." He said stiffly.
She smiled at him. "Hello Ryan. I thought I was your mother?" She asked sweetly.
Ryan chuckled, "That was before you didn't lie, deceive, kill a million people and use them for your own purposes."
Carter mouthed to Ryan, "Help me." Ryan glanced his way and gave a slight nod. He turned his attention to Hillary. Hillary pushed Carter in and started walking down.
"C'mon Ryan, we can talk in the helicopter." Hillary said walking toward him.
He pointed to the gun, "I will shoot you."
"Ha, I'd love to see you try." She said, she paused in the middle of the walkway and posed, waiting.
Ryan aimed for her. She's not really my mother. She's a fake. She uses people. Hell, she used me!
He pulled the trigger.
C’mon you have shot people before. She’s not the person who adopted you and loved you. She’s a fake.
With that thought in his mind, he fired a shot.
Two shots were fired.
Unable to comprehend what was happening. He heard a scream. It took him a moment to realize he was the one screaming.
“Ryan!” He heard vaguely. He felt the impact of the ground below him.
Then, everything went pitch black like a candle blown out, the wind was knocked out of him.

The author's comments:
I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading. :)

When Ryan opened his eyes he saw Anna sleeping on the edge of his bed. He looked around, not understanding what had happened. I was on the island. Where am I?
He blinked his eyes trying to adjust to the light. He tried to sit up but his body ached and he laid there scanning his surroundings instead.
He looked at the white walls, a tile floor and heard a beeping noise getting stronger. He sighed, realizing he was in his least favorite place in the world, a hospital. He blinked his eyes and heard someone speak.
"Ryan. You woke up!" Anna cried. She smiled at him and rubbed her eyes. He studied her, she looked like she hasn't slept in ages and her hair was a mess but she still made it look stunning. Like a model on a runway.
"Where am I? What happened?" Ryan asked, trying to sit up. His upper thigh ached with pain. He looked at himself and saw that he had his hand in a bandage and his forehead was wrapped up too. He looked at Anna and noticed her arm also had a bandage on.
"What happened to you?" He asked shocked.
She chuckled, "You're almost in a full body cast and you want to know how I am?"
He blushed slightly. "So what happened?"
Just then, the door burst open with Addison coming in. She was in a leg cast but seemed unfathomed by her appearance. She smiled noticing Ryan. "Finally! You were out for like 3 weeks!"
"So, what happened?" He asked.
"What do you remember?" Anna asked.
"I remember talking to my mom I mean Hillary. We were talking and then two shots were fired." He said trying hard to think. Anna took his hand. It felt warm and it fit perfectly with his. Addison smiled.
"Well, Hillary shot you in the stomach and you shot her in the shoulder." Addison said.
"Then, the rest of a headquarters spotted you and they saved Carter. We were all put into hospitals. We didn't know if you would make it at first. Hillary’s caught and is also recovering in the hospital." Anna said quietly.
Addison filled Ryan in on who Carter was and about Dillon. Who was now, Addison's new boyfriend. Anna rolled her eye but smiled happy for her.
"So, Carter's Doria's son? Did anyone tell him?" He asked.
"Yep. He was surprised but expect a mushy mother and son moment later." Addison said. "I'm gonna go to my room now. See you guys." Addison said slowly waking out of the room.
"You missed a lot." Anna said twirling his fingers in hers.
He looked down at them moving gently. He smirked. "Yeah, I still can't believe it was my foster mom."
"Hey, the world can be really messed up sometimes." Anna replied.
"I get why it's messed up for me but, " he said, looking into her bright eyes, "You?"
Anna smiled, "Shove over." She sat on the bed and leaned into his shoulder. Ryan put his arm around her. "A close family member of mine did something really bad. I don't know what it is because I was too young and my dad hasn't told me to this day. He went to jail, still is. I can never talk to him because it feels so wrong."
"Did you ever try to talk to him?" Ryan asked grabbing her hand again.
"I tried 100 times to write a great letter for him. It didn't work out. I don't know what to say."
"Who is it?" Ryan asked curious.
"My mother's younger brother. My uncle." She replied.
"I'm sure you'll find the perfect words to say to him one day." Ryan said facing her.
She smiled. "Then, I will tell you all about it." He smiled.
"Hey Anna, am I conscious right now? This isn't some random dream I'm having right?" Ryan asked.
"I'm pretty sure you’re not sleeping." She replied.
"Good, because there's something I want to remember."
He said leaning in. She leaned in and they finally kissed.
The End



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.