The Legendary Sword | Teen Ink

The Legendary Sword

By ChiaGirl, Salt Lake City, Utah
ChiaGirl, Salt Lake City, Utah

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"AHHHHHHH!" I yelled so loud my lungs started to hurt a lot. "WHAT! WHAT HAPPENED?" exclaimed my dad in a panicked voice holding a bat in the air. He was panting so hard, as if he was going to pass out. "Nothing, nothing happened, I just had a nightmare." My dad stared at me as if I were a lunatic. "Seriously, you've got to stop doing this!" My Dad scanned outside my window and notices all the lights were on in my neighborhood.

"Now look at what you have done, you woke up the WHOLE neighborhood!"

"I'm sorry, dad I never meant to do that."

"Just don't do that again, you really scared the crap out of me. Now go to sleep, It's: three in the morning," uttered my dad in a really tired way. My dad left the room and closed my door quietly.

The truth is that I hate these dreams! I have them every year; my dad thinks I'm a lunatic! It makes me so angry. Okay this is how my dream went; I was running, these ugly monsters were chasing me. It was all dark, I couldn't see anything. I saw a tiny light; I went closer and closer to it. When I got to the small light, there was a person standing by a chair.

I knew that it wasn't human, it was very skinny though. As I got closer and closer to it, the black clothed thing was turning towards me. It shifted closer to me, with its head down. The black clothed form was 20 inches away from me. I stepped back and back further and then I hit the wall.

It was right in front of me; he looked up and stared at me. The black clothed thing said to me, "Sothena, I've been expecting you." It was staring directly at me. I had no idea what it was but it was scaring me. I knew that creature was going to kill me.

* * *

"Sothena wake up! You need to get dressed," my mom called in a disappointed voice.

I guess she was really upset about the whole nightmare thing? Also my Dad, my back was really heavy like a stone pulling me down. My vision was not clear. I got up slowly and leaned forward to get my shoes, and went to change.

I went downstairs slowly. The steps creaked really loud that caught my Mom's attention. "Hi, did you slept well?" she asked. I glared at her. I knew she'll come up with this. My mouth was about to yelled at her but I knew it won’t work out. “Um...good, I guess?" She studded me as if I'm not telling the truth. I move toward the empty seat next to my dad. I think you want to know about my parents.

My dad is really young? Like maybe twenty years old. He's wearing a black T-shirt that said "I love Batman!" Once, my Dad wore the same shirt on the Jazz games. Everyone look at him strangely but I didn't blame them. My dad has brown hair and gold eyes. My step mom wore really long sleeves and long pants? Her hair is blonde. I have trouble to see her eye color, it's maybe really dark eyes. The eyes always bother me since I was eight, right after when my real Mom disappeared. I don't really talk about it.

"So Sothena what are you thinking?" Dad asked. My thoughts went back to reality.

"What?" I said

"What are you thinking?" He asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well, you've been acting strange lately?"

I sighed. "I should better be going." I moved my chair to the back and stood up. My Dad’s questions were bothering me when I went walking to school. My Dad always kept on repeating the same question for years. Ever since my Mother died. He did told me that she died of a rare fever, but I don't really believe him. I have one last memory of her.

I'm use to being bullied. Ever since, I was eight years old. Like being pushed by boys and almost been cut by the hair by girls. And of course go on fights. Like in third grade this girl named Kelly Manson always saying I'm ugly. I got really mad and punched right up her nose. My teacher saw me punching Kelly and called my step-mom. My step-mom went a little crazy and mad. So this year I'm going to keep it calm.

My heart skips a beat, in a bloke away there were a giant group of girls waiting for someone. I stop walking. My heart was beating really fast that I almost pasted out. I took a giant deep breath and started to walk toward the school. When I got a closer look there were six girls leaning on the wall glaring at me.

"Well it's about time you'll come!?" said the girl. The girl and her friends look like they want to throw me off the cliff? "What do you mean?" I asked. All the girls started to laughed as if I'm a idiot.

"Oh look! Guys she's scared!" said one of the Girls. They all started to laugh.

"GET HER!" said the main Girl.

Two girls run toward me. I turn around and sprint, but the two girls were way too fast and tackle me. They pended me on the ground really hard that I almost pasted out.

"LET GO OF ME!" I yelled angrily. I moved my arms furiously.

"Cut her hair!" said the main girl. The girl on my right grabs my black hair hard that it fell like it's going to bleed. The girl on my left grabbed her backpack and pulled out the scissor. All the stupid girls started to laugh so loud that it sounds like a deep growl. My thoughts exploded with anger. Why are they doing this!? I hate them, I hate them all!

Suddenly a giant electrical pulse ran up my spine toward my chest. It was really strong, so strong that I yelled at the top of my lungs. When I screamed giant white lighting came out of my hands. All the girls flew ten feet in the air. I struggled from getting up and ran toward my school.

When I sprinted toward the steps something caught my leg. It's the stupid largest step that it always caught my ankle! Before I could fall, someone caught me between their arms. The arms were warm, but when my head leaned on his chest, I could hear his heart pumping really fast.

"Hey, are you okay?" said the boy. I leaned deeper in his chest and stood up slowly. I nodded but didn't say anything. Then right behind me I heard footsteps running toward the school. I turned around and saw the six girls come running toward me again. My mouth dropped with surprise.

"Um... encase you haven't notice. RUN!" I yelled. We sprinted down the hallway.

We ran at the end of the hall and stopped to take some breath. "W…why are those girls chasing us?" said the boy. I look at him and finally can see him fully. He has brown hair, maybe my age and bright green eyes. But when I look at them deeper, it seems that the eyes didn't fit on him? I took one last breath. "Well, I don't really know!? All I know is that they hate me." He smiled, which is kind of creepy?

"I'm Lee by the way." I glared at him, without controlling it I yelled at him

"You’re an idiot! We’re in the middle of being chased by a group of girls who want to kill us. Do you really think it's a good time to introduce yourself!?" He smiled even wider. "Yes, pretty much." Okay this dude is getting on my last nerve. Without thinking I tackle Lee into the ground and pinned him. He struggled but I made him still. "Can you please shut up, already?!" I yelled. He nodded and I help him up.

"Whoa! Dude Lee I didn't know that you have a girlfriend!" said a voice right next to me. I don't know who he is but so far I'm starting to hate him.

"I'm not his-" before I could finish my sentences, the group showed up fast. They ran toward us with full speed. Now they're twenty feet. "Com' on, we'll talk later!" I yelled. We ran toward the back door of the school. But when we went up toward the door it was locked.

"It's locked! We're doom man! We're doom!" yelled the boy on my left. "Mike! Dude chill out already, we'll think of something!" yelled Lee. Mike started to freak out, by banging his head on the wall. "Yea I'm chilling….WE'RE GONNA DIE!" Lee and Mike started to argue. These people won't shut up!

"Shut up!" I yelled. Lee and Mike went silent. I took a giant deep breath and went to work. Then an idea came out of my head. "This might be a bet stupid but here it goes!" I explain about my plan but the boys look at me as if I'm crazy. "Okay we'll try." Answer Lee.

Everyone went on their position. Lee and I stand guard for Mike. Mike went on his position for trying to open the door. He told us that he always sneak in stores, so that he'll get food, without being caught. As for us we're going to fight these girls. I know, I know it's stupid but it's the only way.

The group came with their mess up face. The main girl came out of the group. "Well looky here, lightly girl found a friend" she said. I don't know her stupid name so I'm going to name her 'ugly face.' I was about to talk but Lee spoke it for me. "We're going to fight you!" I glared at him and sent him a message 'we're going to fight you, really!' He made a silent shrug.

Ugly face laughed with the same growl. "You think you’re tough, eh! Let see it before I cut you bone to bone!" Lee and I went to our fighting position.

"Tempting," I said with my fighting smile.

Ugly face growled and charged at us. Okay I didn't mention that the girls aren't regular girls, their like cats but uglier. Their skins are burn like black, the eyes are red and they have claws like knives. I really hate my ideas; it always didn't turn out right! And plus I have nothing to fight with, sure I have a fist but it's not enough.

Girl number one charge at me first. I side step and made her trip. When she was on the ground I punched her by the nose hard, she passed out cold. Another girl came toward me; I swung another fist on her nose again.

"Mike! When are you going to finish!" I yelled.

"Just give me a few more minutes!" Yell back Mike.

"Well hurry up already!"

"I'm trying...wait...I think I got it...its open!"

When he yelled "open" I made a giant force of clean air out of my hands. The group screamed and flew toward the lockers. I admit that was pretty strong! All three of us went running out to the field. Right behind us is a loud roar with rage and a big exploded of bricks, which it caught my leg. My head slam onto the ground. My eyes weren't clear, my head hurt so bad that it's screaming with horror. I just wish that I could curl up and cry.

I was about to past out but someone shook my shoulders. My eyes flew open and saw Lee leaning over to check on me. At my left I saw Mike curled up on a tree and saw his face was about to exploded with sobbing. I can tell what he's felling. Shock and afraid, But then something caught my eyes? We're in the middle of the wilderness?

"We're in the middle of the wilderness!" I yelled that it made Lee jumped. "I know it's stupid but it's the only way to not get near the group" said Lee firmly. I nodded but still really upset!? But it always got me confused? How in the heck we got here so fast?

"How long was I out?" I asked Lee and Mike. But apparently Mike is freaking out now; he doesn't need to say anything. I look around the wilderness, checking if there is a city nearby. But so far, there's no luck.

I caught Lee studding me. I’ve seen Lee in my six period in school sometimes. His studding look always has his chin up and the eyebrows moving with a surprise look. But right now. Since he's studding me, there's a different look. His eyebrows was hanging low, the eyes look like he's going to control you and you can see his holding the teeth's between each other really hard.

"You been out, for at least…five hours…I guess" answered Lee. When he spoke it made me went back to reality. I sighed and lean my head onto the grass. The grass smells clean, fresh. It's smooth and also smells like freedom. All my life, I always want to feel that way. At home it felt like a prison cell trapped when my dad remarried with that jerk. Whenever my real mom is around, it always make me fell save onto her arms.

All my happy thoughts drain out of my head, like a liquid. I have something else in mind.

The People!

The whole school just had been exploded. It's my fault! I tried to hold back tears but it was strong. Then I did something really embarrassing. I cried. My head lean on my knees. Lee leaned over. He shook his head, he knew what I'm crying about. Lee made a deep sigh.

"Sothena it's okay." Lee said with a worried voice. Which is what that he doesn’t do every day? Lee was never worried about anything. That's what I see the differences.

But still I didn't say anything. Lee tried again but louder to get my intention.

"Sothena it's okay. All the people in school leaved, right after they heard a loud bang. I think…they thought it was a gunshot, so they lifted before it exploded." I let go of my breath with a relived. I got up slowly and took a deep breath.

"Okay, since we don't know where are we. I say let's look for something we could sleep." I said. Lee and Mike agree quickly because everyone was exhausted.

We walked like a mile. Well I think we did cause my legs started to scream. A few hours passed. The sun lowered behind the mountain and started the sunset. We stopped to take some rest.

My head lay on a log that has been cut down. With full of exhaustion I pasted out.

My dreams went usually as I expected; there was a beautiful clean river that shine really brightly. It made my throat close up with thirst. I ran toward the river, knelt down on the ground and started to drink. With one lick of the water it made me really weak. Like it’s pulling my energy out, Just then a Man came out of the river. He was covered with green slime. The Man smiled down at me with an evil grin. He lean down toward my face and look straight in the eyes. The only six words came out of his mouth.

Your wraith is onto my hands.

I woke up with a start. My head hurt from sleeping on the log last night. I look around the wilderness to see if we're close by? But still there’s nothing? The only close by is an old dusty cave. Suspiciously I stood up and face the cave.

My eyes narrowed at the dark cave, to see if the bogeyman pops out. But nothing, nothing came out that surprised me. Only a ghost sound singing against the cold cave wall. The sound got louder with a powerful breeze that give me Goosebumps. Like it's giving me a signal to go into the cave? I caught myself walking to toward the cave. But someone’s warm hand caught my arm.

"Sothena where in the heck are you going?" said the voice that I knew. I turned and saw Mike looking at me strangely.

"It's nothing." I said with a shook. I look at the dark cave one last time and sigh. The two boys was on my left and right, following my gaze. They both look at the cave. Lee lean forward to see a better view.

"Sothena, why are you looking at the cave?" asked Lee. I sighed one last time.

"I don't really know?"

Lee tilted his head to look at me. When Lee moves his head to look at me, his eyes have pain in them that wants to tell me something. But his face kept telling me that it doesn't matter.

This dude is hiding me something?

Mike spoke up. "Quiet making goggle eyes already! Are we going to go in there or not!" I turned to Mike getting ready to yell at him, something tells me that he's right.

"I'm never going to regret this, but he's right."

Lee and Mike nodded in an agreement.

So we started to walk into a mysterious cave?

The cave is not what I expected. I use to think there were giant bugs, snakes, scorpions and really dusty cave that have that horrible smell. But so far the cave looked beautiful? I mean seriously it's beautiful.

There's a garden that it's really dark but the plants reflected the sunshine. The air smelled clean and fresh that made me shiver. The whole garden has a sense that I can't really understand. Trust me, I don't speak wind.

I caught myself said "The Black Hole Garden."

Lee and Mike look at me strangely.

"What did you say?" asked Mike.

"I said The Black Hole Garden." I repeated. Lee and Mike got even more confused, which it’s bothering me more? “It doesn't matter! Let’s just get a move on."

They both nodded and started to walk in the cave. The garden is not easy to see, cause it's pitch black. But when we walked closer at the end, something hard made me trip over onto the ground. Mike and Lee quickly knelt by me and helped me up. I nodded at them with a thank you signal.

I brush mud off my hands on my jeans. Right after my hands are clean I knelt onto the ground, to see what made me tripped? Apparently, that answered my question. I leaned over to see a better view. The thing that made me tripped over is a metal.

The metal have these symbols that I can't really understand? It looks like it hadn't been pushed an long time.

"Wh...What is that?" asked Lee that made me went back to reality. I shrugged.

"I'm not really sure?"

“Is this it, nothing just only a stupid metal!" said disappointingly Mike. I took a breath and shrugged again. I was thinking the something. What is metal have to do with anything? Just then something popped in my head. I'm not really that smart in school, but this time it just came.

I leaned over and touch the metal with my fingertips. I push down the metal. The metal made a powerful light that is a color gold and melted on the ground. When the liquid touch the ground, five layers of gold went as a “Z” and went toward the big stone. When it touches the stone a most powerful light of gold surrounded the stone. The brightness shrunk into sizes of your wrist. The gold light was still on the stone.

We stood there in shock, what just happen there? No one moved, not a signal inch. I shook my head to forget what just happened. I move an inch then two then three and started to walk toward the stone. When I got closer, the light faded and showed me a brilliant golden bracelet.

My hand moved to touch it, but before I could reach it. Lee snatches it out of the stone. I turn around quickly and started to glare at Lee. Lee notices my expression but he roll his eyes. Oh man he's…trying to ticked me off. I clench my fists.

"What's your problem Lee?!" I yelled. Lee yapped when I yelled. He raised his hand to surrender.

"Sothena, calm down.....OW!" Something zapped in his hands like electricity. I caught myself concentrating on his hand where he's holding the bracelet? The golden bracelet flew straight to me? I reached up and caught it.

Mike said something but I ignored him. My eyes focus on the bracelet. The bracelet has five perfect circles. Each circle has different symbols. The first symbol had two lines that swirl like a check mark, and facing to the right. Second it had a flat surface with a line moving up till it touches a giant rock I guess. Third had four lines that are almost together, that formed into a giant wave? Four had a.....

"HELLO! Girl with a freaky look, wake up!" said someone by snapping their fingers in front of my face. My head snap at the sound. I nodded. "Sorry."

Lee eyes focus on me but change into a glare. There was fire in his eyes, I took a step back. Fear grew, but I stopped it. I took a breath and started to focus on the bracelet. A question came to my head. What so special about this bracelet?

I focus harder at the bracelet; my eyes didn't even move a muscle? Something popped in my head, maybe the answer. I tied the bracelet around my right hand and slap it with my left hand. On my hand was a brilliant golden sword. Out of nowhere the sword glow bright blue, green, red, white and gray? All the colors came out of the sword and circle around me. It swirled faster and faster.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Mike mouth slide open including Lee. The light faded. I took a deep breath.

"That...was...AWESOME!" said Mike excitedly. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I look at the boys. They both nodded, that they understand.

"Okay good, we should go before its dark." I said. Lee and Mike nodded in agreement. We walked out of the cave.

The sunlight caught my eyes that made me blind for a minute. Lee and Mike walked a hid of me? I rolled my eyes at them. Lee and Mike act really different after that mist believe magic came. I was about to speak until Lee move his arm in front of me.

"What are-" I began.

"SHH!"

"Why did you," I protested.

Lee shook his arm to shut me up. "Don't you get a feeling that we're being followed?" I nodded. It did seems strange when we barely came out of the cave. I mean, I was expecting something well pop out but......

There was loud tree branch crack? Everyone froze. CRACK! Another came from the left and right at the same time. A loud crack came from behind and front.

"Guys, be armed" I said with a shaky voice. Mike shook his head.

"But we don't have anything to fight with?" replied Mike. I inhaled and nodded
.
"Don't you ever hear of, Earth?” I said with a whisper. Mike nodded and agreement.

"Oh, right I forgot"

Mike lean down and pick a large rock. I nodded at Mike and look at Lee. I was expecting him do the same thing, but he's standing there stupidly? I shook my head and didn't say anything.
The noise got louder and closer. I slap my bracelet and made a full form of the golden sword. I hold the handle harder and could hear my heart pumping loud onto my eardrums
.
CRACK!

This noise feels like it's getting closer. Mike broke the silences, "Um...guys, I think we're o…

WHOOSH!

Something hot hit all three of us. We flew ten feet in the air. I landed hard on the grass and felt dizzy for a minute. My head lifted slowly and look around. On my right Mike was laying on the ground for a minute and jump on his feet, his rock ready.

"Come out you wimpy slappers, I'm not scare of yea!" Mike yelled.

I got to admit, he's pretty brave for being not smart lately, but so far he's getting to it. I sat up fast and look around. Down to the field there was Lee lying on the grass. I jump up and hold the handle harder. I look around one last time.

Right in front of me, is an eight feet fire human form, standing still? I took a step back, getting ready to run, but when I look around there were four of them. I put my attention to the fire dude, with concentration.

"Hey! Who are y-" I began. Before I could speak, the creature swung his arm toward me. I ducked. "Um...Lee I think it's a good time to wake up!"

There was no answer. I waited for a second. When it passed a minute I sprinted toward Lee
.
While I was running toward Lee, I look at Mike's direction.

"Mike! Distract the fire dude, while I wake up Lee!" I yelled
.
"Aye' I captain!" Mike threw the rock at the top of the fire dude's head. It growled and charge at Mike. But Mike side step and kick the fire dude at the waist. The monster roared with rage and attack Mike again.
I got to Lee. When I got to him, I almost screamed. Lee the one who's lying onto the ground isn't Lee? I look at the strange boy? The boy had bright golden hair; his face isn't Lee's but more handsome, maybe fourteen years old. I knelt beside the strange boy.

"Um .... Hello?" I said strangely. Still there was no answer. I lean down toward the boy, grab his shoulders and shook him. Still he's not up. I tried it again, nope, again, nothing and again. Still he's not up? Finally I stop trying and make a big hard swing slap in the face. The boy sat up quickly and yelled, "A Fire-claw!" I stared at him strangely?

"What?"

"A Fire Claw," He answered.

"Okay...you got me really con-"

"WATCH OUT!"

I turned around just in time. The fire dude swing its arm at me, I duck and made a swing of my sword on its waist. It yelled out of pain and attack again. I run side step and swing my sword on its feet; the thing fell onto the ground. I jump on top of the thing and stab my sword on its back. It yelled again but didn't finish because it exploded in thin air. There was only flaming dusty smell of old gut.

I run toward the boy and help him up. "Come on we have to go help Mike before-" I didn't finished. There was a yell of anger, it was Mike's. "Come on!"

We run toward the noise. When we got to him, he was surrounding by fire dude. I took a step forward, and started to think what to do? An idea came out of my head. Seriously, where do the idea's came from? I turned toward the boy, "Okay here's the plan."

"Okay," he said with a nod. I nodded.

"Okay let's do it."

We split apart into our position. The boy ran and hid behind a thick bush, to get ready for the signal. As for me, I'm going to try to distract the Fire Claws. Okay first of all, the dude who was lying on the ground called these fire things "Fire Claws," and second I don't know his name. And last there is no time for introducing ourselves, not now.

I jogged right in front of the group. I took a longest breath, that I never done before. I yelled to get their intention. The Fire Claws turned quickly at me. Okay...luckily that caught their attention. I cleared my throat.

"Hello...I'm the girl who beat the crap out of your funny looking friend! Come here, so I can slap your ugly dusty face off this ground," I exclaimed. The four Fire Claw group growled, that made their ears burst into flames. They drop Mike on the ground, and started to run straight to me. These guys took it seriously!

The group went running toward me, with full of anger. I took a step a back, with my ready position. They were twenty feet now, I put my eyes on the group. Ten feet, I made a giant deep breath that felt like hot air came out of my mouth. On my fingertips I felt something like warmth coming out and into my bracelet. My bracelet started to burn up, I can tell that my sword want's to come out.

Now they were nine feet, I concentrate on my target. The Fire Claw is on position. They jump in five feet over me, but I made my target. I slap my bracelet, which it came out in full form. I hold my handle harder and swung it over head. The sword hit just in time on its waist and onto the ground. It yelled out of pain. One of them grab my waist but I twist my body around and slap the fire creep on its head, hard. The creep fell on the ground with a big slam. I stab on its stomach, the creep exploded.

I turned around fast, sword ready. Two down, two more to go, the two last ones looked at me terrified. I took a step closer, the creep flinched. One more step. When I got a step closer the creatures, a flash of light came across my eyes. The creatures face is...human, my eyes move up where the Fire Claws eyes were. Its eyes look at me deeply, giving me a painful look. I was about to speak but the two survivals died right by my feet.

I move my head sideways and look at the two boys, standing still with a surprise look.
"What!" I said angrily. They a step forward, awkwardly.

"Um...sorry, we're just surprised," replied Mike. The other boy on Mike’s rights nodded in an agreement.

"This going to be a long night isn't it," I said with sigh.

Everyone gathered in a circle. I sat slowly because I knew the boys well exploded with questions. So far I got no answers for it. My sword went back to its normal form. I lean back where the tree is and closed my eyes for a minute. We been fighting for at least, for two whole days and so far I'm so exhausted. There was silenced, no one spoke right after the attack came. I waited, but when the silences went on I couldn't take it anymore.

"So...new boy what's your name, if you don't mind," I asked. The boys head move up and look straight at my eyes. He sighed.

"Well...my name is Carter Price," answered Carter. I nodded slowly and move my arm, to give him a sign to move on.

"Well...I can't remember much...pretty much I lost my memories," said Carter while rubbing his temple. "And, I think that's all so far."

"Something been bothering me ever since you came Carter," I put in. I waited for them to asked questions but they said nothing. I move on, "Before you came Carter, some dude named Lee Flyby was in you. I can tell from his eyes. Can you remember anything about him?"

Carter nodded slowly and shook his head quickly, "It's a yes or no. All I can remember, of this face that look kind of like me. That's all." I nodded and didn't ask any questions.

"We should look for somewhere to sleep for the night, before the freak show, shows up," I offered. They both nodded and started to walk. I jogged right in the middle of the boys. I look ahead and can smell something is grilling. My stomach growled. We didn't eat for two days! All because of those ugly beast!

I suck up the meaty smell, which it made me hungrier. There was silence, no one spoke. We walked for three minutes when we heard something steaming and burning. I ran toward the smoke, Carter started to yell at me to stop. I kept running, I knew there was trouble.

I almost killed the people once; I don't want any more harm.

I kept on running, getting slapped by branches, pedals slashing across my legs. I stopped and faced a burning house; the front part of the house was burned down into ashes. I look up and caught my breath; the roof has a triangular shape that looks familiar.

This burning house....is....MY!

I felt warmth rolling down my cheeks and I knew its tears. I started to run in the house but someone caught my arm. I turned and it was Carter.

"Sothena don't! It's too dangerous. It's maybe a trap!" begged Carter. I twisted furiously kicked Carter's leg, but he still held on. I spoke but it only came out of a scratch, I tried again.
"Carter! Let go of me, I need to go, my parents are in there!" I cried. Carter shook his head and said, "You can’t, you'll die in there!" I turned one last time and twist even harder, Carter lost his grip.

I ran into the house, with floating dust and ashes. I coughed and look around like crazy. When there was no sound I cupped my mouth,

"Mom, Dad where are you!" I yelled. I waited for a minute and yelled again. After my yell echo end, there was a movement. The movement sound like a weak subject that was trying to walk. I follow the soft sound all the way to the closet. I opened the door furiously and look around. My eyes move in each section and ended to the bottom.

A little girl was leaning against the edge of the closet. I knelt right beside her. The little girl has straight red hair like fire. The girl was hugging her knees and has terrified eyes like she seen death.

"Hey sweetie, are you all right?" I asked. I'm so stupid! We are in a house that was about to be burned down in a few seconds. Without even saying anything I swooped the girl on my arms and ran toward the door.

The door was blocked when I got there. I swallow down my fear and started to sweat. I look around one last time. Then I heard a Carter's voice booming against the door.

"Sothena! Are you okay," cried Carter. I didn't respond, there was dust in my throat and I couldn't speak. In fact that’s my only breath I have. My arms squeeze the little girl harder and sprinted toward the back door. The back door is clear open. I was three meters to get there, but I tripped over on a burning wood. I yelled out of pain and started to walk with my good leg. I could feel the girl sobbing saying, "Help help, please somebody help me!" Behind me I could hear somebody banging the door down. I also could hear helicopters flying the house, policemen yelling to everyone to stay back.

I smiled with hope and yelled, "HEY! We're here!" Then I fell on the ground with the girl against my arms. Last thing I remember is fresh flashlights came and pointed toward us and yelled the others. That's when it went black.

My mind woke when somebody spoke, that I clearly don't recognize. "So boys, do you know how it happened?" The new voice have a deep tone that it's scratchy. One of the boys sighed, "We hadn't saw the whole thing, ever since she ran in," Carter said with a depressed sound and move on, "When we got there ever single wood in there was damaged, she also claimed that, that's her home and which is how she bugged in." The new voice gave a soft mutter. I could hear his hand slides across his jeans and raised his arm.

"We'll talk this over, in the Police Department. In tell she wakes up, agreed," said the man. My eyes made a tiny little hole and saw Carter and Mike nodded in agreement. The three men went silent and watch me. That's when I passed out again.

My eyes shoot open and sat up fast. A slack of pain came across my leg. Someone came and lay a hand on my back, "Sothena, just take it easy," Carter said softly. I turned and look around the bright white room.

"How long," I asked.

"You've been out for at least a week," answered Mike. Carter and Mike sat on either side of the bed. My head leaned against the pillow and sigh. Carter and Mike stood up.

"We have a meeting in the Police Department in a half an hour. If you’re okay then get up," Mike said. I shrugged and stood up. Carter hand me fresh new clothe and disappeared with Mike.

When I'm done changing I went outside and waited. I wore a lovely light brown shirt that the sleeves are on my elbows and long jeans that has diamonds that is shaped as a flower. My hair was wavy braided with two thin braids, holding half up and down. I waited, expecting Carter and Mike to show up.

Carter and Mike showed up minutes later. The three of us walked out of the hospitable, and went across the street where the Police office was. We sat on the chair and waited.
"My name is Sharia Mason, are you the children, that Jason mentioned," asked a woman. Sharia has long blond hair that is tied on a ponytail and has a police badge on her hips. She looked really young, like maybe twenty. We nodded.
"Follow me please."

We got up nervously and fallowed. Sharia leads us where the yells are. On my left and right there were a lot of smacks and wrestling. Some people that are arrested pointed at us and swear in Spanish. Sharia stopped and turned to us.

"Jason office is toward the right, he'll be expecting you," said Sharia. We thanked her and followed her instruction. Just as Sharia instructed us, we're in the office. A man sat on a chair looking down at the case paper. The Man is maybe forty years old. He has bright orange hair, a blue jean and a shirt with a jean jacket. He looked up as we approach.

"Ah you're just in time for the meeting, please set down." We sat.

"So...you’re Jason? Right," I asked nervously.

"Yes, and you must be Sothena Iver."

I nodded. Jason leaned on his chair and sigh, "I heard about the fire, that the boys mentioned. I'm very sorry." I nodded, but I could tell that he was not really sorry. I looked down and took a breath.

"So what's the meeting about?"

He shrugged and leaned on his elbow.

"This case has not been discovered yet; nobody knows who or when has started the fire?" I nodded in agreement. Ever since I seen the house burned, I had no idea, how it happened? I looked up and swallowed. Jason studded me with a look that made me unconformable, I shifted.

"Sothena," said Jason with a serious voice. I look at into his eyes.

"Do you know anything that isn't normal, in that house?"

I look at the ceiling and at Jason again. I took a breath and told him everything except the magic part. Jason leaned on his desk and scratches his chin.

"Are you sure is that the whole thing." I shrugged.

"Well there is one more. I saved a little girl, speaking of little. Where is she," I asked. Jason's eyes light up as if someone gave him a kiss.

"It was a Miracle!" blurted Jason, "For some reason the girl had no difficulty breathing, during the fire. I spoke with her family how it happened. The family was so happy that their daughter had survived. They thank you for saving her life." I moved my hand and made a hard grip from the chair. Jason moved on.

"The question is how you did you do it. You even did not use the breath mask?"

I made a hard gulp down my throat. The truth is that I don't know how that mysterious magic force came from. I did remember when I was nine; I almost burned down my house while my Step-Mom was gardening. When she saw my hand was on fire she squeaked and called the police and my Dad.

I shook my head, "I didn't know how it happened. “ Jason gave me one last look and look at the door. "Sharia can you give the three children a ride after we're done." Sharia came inside with a solder look, "Yes Jason." And leave just a second. Jason looks back at us. "We'll figure out soon enough," said Jason Slyly. Jason stood up and so we did.

"Um...Mr. Hatch. I don't think it was an accident," blurted Carter. Jason looks up and moved his eyebrows up. "What might you say that," questioned Jason. Carter looks into his eyes and took a step back.

"N … never mind sir," Carter said nervously. I look at Carter's expression and made a wide eye. His eyes gave a fear look. I look back at Jason who was smiling, like he won a medal.
"Well! We'll see you soon Jason," I put in. Carter gave me a "thank you" look and nodded.
"Yes we'll see again. Soon."

We quickly got out the office. When we were fully out of the Police Department, I look at the both boys.

"Guys we have to find the little girl," I began. Carter and Mike gave me "Are you serious" look. I rolled my eyes.

"We have to see her cause; she might remember what had happened the house." Mike shook his head.

"What if she won’t tell everything? You know little girls sometimes won’t tell the truth." I nodded with a agreement.

"We have to try," I said. Carter spoke up, "there is no time for talking our ride is here." I turned and saw the car parked.

3L1TENDO said...
3L1TENDO, Houston, Texas
KewL!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiaGirl said...
on Dec. 23 2013 at 1:17 am
ChiaGirl, Salt Lake City, Utah

Hey!! Please read my book it'll mean a lot to me!!! :D And I need help to change my cover!! It sucks!! I need HELP PLEASE!!  Thank you!!