The Noise | Teen Ink

The Noise

May 23, 2013
By ElBossman BRONZE, Arlington, Virginia
More by this author
ElBossman BRONZE, Arlington, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The author's comments:
most of the chapters are very quick. Remember I will upload an updated better version when I finish

We heard a roar. It was not loud yet everyone around the worlds could hear it. All the men, women, warlocks, wizards, dwarves, elves and even giants who had terrible hearing. It sounded like a war cry. No one around me knew what it was that made the sound. Suddenly wind came and swept all my fellow army men away from me. I was one of the only ones standing. I quickly dropped to the floor trying to not be affected by the wind but it still blew strongly against me. I held onto the freshly turned dirt with all my strength but it did not work. I flew in the air for minutes but it seemed like hours. The wind ended just as quickly as it started but I was already on my way. I had never felt such speed but also I have never felt such fear grip my body.

I flew from the atmosphere with speed and fear. I got slowed down by the atmosphere but still kept going. Luckily I am half elven half dwarven. The elf part makes it so that I do not need to breathe air. As I am floating through the space I start thinking of things that I normally do not think about such as where I am going to land or if I am going to die in space, hit by a random star or asteroid. Also if my lover, Isabelle will find someone new or something. I do not want that to happen so I try a swimming technique to make me move faster but it doesn't do anything.

Suddenly I see an asteroid speeding at me. Again I try the swimming technique to get out of the way but it does not work. I keep trying and trying but I do not move any faster. At this point the asteroid is going to hit just at the waist. Time is wasting and I do not know what to do. I get an idea. I squirm and twist making myself into like a straight pencil. It was just in time. The asteroid streaked past me but I dared not look in case it has not gone past me. By the time I thought was a safe distance away I looked back and the asteroid was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly there was another roar. Space winds blew hard and fast. It pushed me towards a planet that was dark and stormy. “Great, I am either headed towards the Necromancer Planet of Evil or the Fun and Joy Wizard Planet of Awesomeness which are both terrible planets in my opinion.”

Luckily I didn't land on either planet. I was going to fast for the gravity to pull me in so I changed direction and headed for the “All You Can Eat” (AYCE) Food Planet of Food.

When I started my descent into the world, it became hot. Really hot. No question about it hot. I was going over a thousand miles per second, which brought me down hot and fast. Luckily I landed in a nice, cool, huge plate of Jell O which has magical properties as everyone knows. I healed almost instantly after eating just one bite of the side. I was still hungry though. I looked around at the hamburger fields to the twizzler forest to the chocolate marshes. It was like an all you can eat buffet of trees and fields.

I first lay down on the grass happy to be on a planet. I then turned over and started eating the grass which was sprouts, and thought it tasted disgusting. Worst thing ever. It was so bad it was not even funny that I set out to hamburger fields on an empty stomach.
By the time he reached there I was almost dead of hunger. I ate one hamburger, then another, then another, and finally another one. By then I was only half full which normally does not happen. Normally I am normally too poor to get four hamburgers to fill half of my stomach but here it was free. I thought he wanted something a little healthier than hamburgers, so I thought of magical properties. Then I thought of chocolate because it obviously has magical properties, or what would make it as good as it is. I decide to go to the chocolate marshes. It is a long way away but I keep walking.
Soon the sun is starting to set. I fear the creatures that come in the night. Although they are made of food it is like candy canes and hard to break. An average sword with and average sword wielder (which I have and I am) can maybe stop a couple but not a lot. The good side is that the predators cannot climb so I set out to the nearest big tree. I climbed it up and found where some bird eggs were. In the eggs there was eggnog so I cracked on open and drank it up. Soon the bird came by and I grabbed it before it could get away. I hit it hard against the twizzler but it bent and kept bending until it flung up. I held the bird out in front of me and it protected me. The bird was still alive so I let it go for letting me use it as a shield. It flew away in a hurry but I saw that after a couple miles it dropped. I thought to myself “Oh well.” The sun was almost down, I say about twenty minutes until complete darkness so I set about making a bed on a hard thick branch of a twizzler. I bent the other branches around it so I was secure in place. I then broke a couple of branches above me and set them in rows. That night I slept very good as to finally have got half my tummy full.
I was aroused by a loud growl. I looked up but it was still night. I looked down and saw the tremendous crawler monkey. He was made of jawbreakers and was very unlikely to break. Unluckily the crawler was an elite and could jump very high. You might be thinking that a monkey can climb a tree, but he is made up jawbreakers and if he jumps around on twizzler branches, they break. I was down near the lowest branch because the lowest is the sturdiest but high enough that a regular one could not jump high enough. I did not expect that an elite one would come thinking they were rare, but apparently not as rare as I thought. I kept thinking if he would reach me. He kept his true jumping ability small so that I would become relaxed. Instead I started to climb up to get a safe distance away. He jumped his true height and bit me. It hurt but I continued to climb. I climbed so high I could see the chocolate marshes and a village a few hundred meters away. I thought if I could get this thing off me I could probably make it to the village before another predator came for me. I tried to shake off the dumb thing. It hurt a lot. My leg started to bleed. Only drops at first. It started suddenly streaming from my leg. I did not want to attract any more predators so I tried harder to shake him off. More blood streamed out. I started to get dizzy. Suddenly I heard a shout and a release on my leg. I fell from the tree, twizzler branches breaking most of my fall but not all. I blacked out.
When I awoke there were strange people in front of me. They were not exactly food people but not anyone I have ever seen. I could see a resemblance to food people but it was unclear what they were and I had a terrible headache. I could feel gauze wrapped around my leg and tried to think but it was also unclear, like a deep fog was going through out my mind. I heard the pitter patter of the chocolate milk rain as it fell from the sky. There was a shout outside but it was spoken in a foreign language, one that most people except the people of this village did not speak. I looked at the person’s face. It was rough and dirty yet there was a patches of cleanliness around his eyes and mouth. He looked weary and in a faraway land in his imagination. He suddenly stood very shakily as if it was against his will. He looked around and then at me. I felt a disturbance in the world as something crashed down. It was very evil. I walked outside the hut I was in and I heard the noise again. The noise that brought me here. The noise that took me away from my people. There was a flash of lightning and the sound of rolling thunder at its loudest. A mighty wind stirred lifting me and everyone else up. It lifted the huts and buildings of the village. A tornado of swirling spaghetti came down quickly and touched the ground with in seconds. It swirled making me change direction but the wind that was originally there from the noise overcame the wind the tornado made and pushed me higher. It pushed me out in space barely. I thought to myself “Oh not again”.

The author's comments:
tell me if I should add stuff

As quick as a cheetah but as quiet as a muffled scream was a voice. I tried to speak but as we all know, sound does not travel through space. I thought, “I must be going crazy or something to be hearing stuff in my head”. The voice came again telling me “No you are not.”
I tried to scream again but again as always no sound came out. Suddenly there was a burst of wind but no sound. I looked what I thought was down and saw the food planet exploding. Food was burning at such a high intensity that it became gas. Everything else melted. A rock from it flew past me into an asteroid that surely would have hit me. Out of nowhere I could see fire coming from with flaming magma rocks coming out of nowhere. From the light of the magma and the light of the fire I could barely see multiple monsters. I did not know what it was but it I feared it was something ancient and dangerous. They were sleek black with razor sharp spikes on its back and had big mouths. Only two out of maybe thirty were working on destroying the planet which showed how powerful they were.
Suddenly out of the blue came many more things. They were stuck with pudding which covers the center of the planet. I realized that while they were burning it from the outside, they were burning it from the inside too. After that encounter I was scared to death of the creatures that lurked in the darkness of space. I hoped I would not see them again. Of course it was not going to come true but dwarf-elf can hope. I grab the holt of my sword to feel protected, which is not true because anything can happen in space.
As I flew along, all I did was get hungrier and hungrier. I took a nap or two which helped me a lot but it did not help my situation besides not being bored for most of the while.
After another one of those naps I was talking about I looked around to see if I could see a planet. I saw a few including the one I came from but sadly I was going the opposite direction of it. Suddenly the noise happened again. Now that I knew what they did and what they looked like I looked for them to see what planet they were destroying. I looked away from my planet thinking that my planet would not blow up as the second planet was destroyed. I looked around in saddened anticipation. I could not see the planet they were destroying. Then an immense burst of heat and wind exploded on my back. I looked around and saw my own planet get destroyed. I was very angry at the ferocious unmerciful monsters. I could feel myself growing a hatred for them.
Unknown to me then, my eyes turned red and I grew wings. It turns out that I had an amazing power that when something I truly love gets destroyed and I have growing hate for certain things, my eyes turn red, I grow wings and I am able to zoom through space and time and shoot magic from my hands. Unluckily I lose my memory of that time period afterwards but I base what I did on an account of an eyewitness. With my wings I zoomed around in space. I got hit by the space wind that normally happens when they do that but I kept going forward, slowly and steadily.
Then the wind stopped. I was barely slower than the speed of light and I was unseeable to the natural eye. Unluckily the things I were facing was not natural so it did not have a natural eye. It spotted me but it still was not as fast as me. It saw what kind of power I had and it was immense. They could feel the heat from the power I held. I started my attack. I threw a flaming ice ball at them but it was slow and they side-flew it easily. There was a flaming piece of giant earth going at them. I occupied them for the time being by throwing plasma balls at them with my hands and my wings. Then I made a super giant plasma ball right before the earth hit them. I chucked it at them with all my strength so that they would hit at the same time. By that time they saw the flaming piece of dirt and stone coming towards them and split up half and half. They turned to each side the dirt and stone that was in the earth shattered before them. The plasma ball kept on going towards them but they got in a line and held the plasma ball in place. Too late. The plasma ball exploded with tremendous force and heat. I protected my face and body with a shield that I summoned.
When the heat was over and it was safe to look I unsummoned my shield and expected nothing there. When I saw them I was astonished! Every single thing was there. There was maybe one dead but I was unsure. There was a sudden groan coming from the monsters. I could barely make out the words but this is what I heard: “We will destroy your planet if it is the last thing we do.”
I tried to scream that they have already destroyed my planet and that they also killed my lover, Isabelle but like I have said before it is impossible to talk in space. With one last surge I threw a final plasma ball but it missed and flew off into the distance. I looked away for a moment and started to cry. I then lost all the memory I had and turned back into my normal self.
When I came back I was floating in space with a bunch of horrible creatures looking at me. I was frightened of their presence. I did not like the way they were looking at me as if I did something wrong. I slowly floated away from them. I was being pulled by the gravity of a sun nearby. “Great, not only I might die from creatures, if I survive I will die from a star,” I groaned to myself.

The author's comments:
Tell me if I should add stuff- Rate 5/5 stars

Then I realized I could speak. That means I am in the atmosphere of a planet. I was so happy that it might land on a planet but then I realized it would be a burning hot and I would most likely die. I needed a metal to protect my face because, after what I have been through my body has adjusted to extreme conditions. It was then that I realized I had my sword. I thanked god for it and pulled it out with a mighty tug. I then realized that I could bend it while we are going down while my face is still there and it is hot. I go down slowly at first but I reach greater speeds. I am zooming down now at high speeds bending my sword. I bend it into a circle in the shape of a frying pan. I make magic symbols for the word expand to the middle. It does not work at first and I can feel my face getting increasingly hotter after every second. I try it again soon after it fails and it works. Now its is a shield for my face. I scream and yell as loudly as I can for people not to get in my way. I crash through a couple of trees and faint.
When I wake up I do not know where I am so I look around. I see many dark clouds and hear screams. I fear that I am in necromancer worlds. I then see a bright light in the sky. It is streaking through the air in the general direction towards me. It is roaring through the sky. I cannot tell what it is but I feel it was or is something bad. It crashes only a mile away from me and I can feel the earth trembling in its fierce blow. The ground caved in in front of me. I was stunned! The ground suddenly stopped shaking and the ground stopped caving in. I looked towards the center and saw that thing that was in the sky only a few moments ago. It was the thing that destroyed the planet but it looked like it was hurt. I want to know how it got hurt but I do not want to approach it in case it releases fire upon me. Curiousness overcomes me and I stalk towards it cautiously not daring to make a sound. I creep up on it and I notice that its eye is closed. I begin to believe it died.
There is a mighty scream from somewhere in the woods around me. I am startled and accidentally touch the thing. It opens its eyes. We stare at eachother for a moment and it lets out a loud roar while I scream! It makes a loud sound indeed. I realize we are both afraid of each other.
“Why are so afraid of me, and how did you get hurt?” I ask to the thing.
He then tells me what happened and he is the eyewitness I was talking about earlier.
“So I hurt you huh. Is there anyway I can help you?” I ask politely because of what I did to him I feel empathy to him.
“Yes, can you get me some water, some food and healing ointment?”
“OK, I will get that, as soon as I find a river, in the middle of nowhere, on a planet that I have never seen before. Piece of cake.”
So I then begin my journey in search of water, ointment and some food for the both of us. I walk a long time and eventually find a path that could take me to stream or river. I keep walking along it until I see a sign. It is more of an advertisement for a rollercoaster. I curse silently to myself. “Fun and Joy Wizard Planet of Awesomeness,” I say silently to myself.
I walk back along the path until where I figure is where I started and go towards the general direction of the thing that has told me so much. It was getting dark and I thought it would be nice to have a bed or something of the kind. I climb up in a tree to look where I am supposed to go and see the crater. My heart leaps up in joy to see that I am close and can stop walking soon. I stroll rather briskly and joyously along and realize that this planet is not so bad at all. I climb down the small and slanted road to the center where the thing is supposed to be in and I see drag marks along the side. I follow the drag marks to a village. I hear great feasting and this make me very hungry. I go to the party and it is in this one house that is very old but looks like it could stand another century or two. I knock on the door leading to it and the music stops. Someone screams, “It is the party police and they are going to tell us to quiet down or take us by the hands and silence our mouths for five years.”
Someone else screamed “I cannot see the party police out the window and I cannot hear the thump, thump, thump of their van so they are not here.”
There was a loud murmur of agreement and someone walked towards the door. A man with a small head and a disproportionate body opened the door. He looked about ten dwarf feet tall which in regular feet is about five so compared to humans he is small. But compared to wizards which are fairly small but bigger than the dwarfs he was big. He was maybe six and a half wizard feet high (as you can see they need a general foot tall so that no one is confused). I, being the stupid person I am, ask why he is ten feet tall. He says he is only about six and a half feet tall and then a human from the party comes up and says he is only five feet tall. I was a small man among giants although I probably was stronger than them from all my hard work in the army and natural strength that I get for being a dwarf. I reach for my sword in case there is any trouble but I realize I turned it into a frying pan. I take out my frying pan and am about the get in a defensive stance when the ten feet tall man says, “You have the frying pan of justice so you are admitted into this party of awesomeness.”
“I just want some food and water and magic ointment to heal my friend, and also I need to find him to give him that stuff.”
“Yeah, we will give you that stuff won’t we guys?” There is a murmur of agreement throughout the house of partiers. They stock me up and give me many supplies to last for days on my own, although I am not sure how long with the friend of mine.
I set off into my new journey feeling like I have some hope of finding him. I see the drag marks again. I follow them for a long time and they abruptly stop. No more signs, its looks like it was a cookout though. The people or things who did this had left the smell of meat and some leftover charcoal that they forgot to pack. There was a mess of items such as bags filled with potions and staffs hot from use. I wondered if the monster I saw and tried to help did this or a group of wizards got drunk from partying like I saw earlier and attacked it. I thought the second one happened, where they got drunk... so I waited there for about an hour or so to question the people but no one came. I waited all night and eventually fell asleep.
When I woke up the thing was next to me. It was in a deep slumber and as I got up its eye twitched. It suddenly let out a groan and it was like that for a while. When I finally had the courage to touch it, I cautiously reached out.. I ran my finger through its fur and onto to scales below. I put my finger in the magic ointment I got from the party people and covered his wound with it. It let out a stream of air as if it was the most wondrous thing in the world, which it probably was compared to tremendous pain. I backed away slowly to let it rest for a while because most magic ointments have that kind of side effect.
First I hid the food I got so the thing (he or she) would not eat it. After that I realized I was hungry so I had to get food for the present and for later and hid the rest of it in the same place, which was in a hollow log. I then left camp in order to get a break off everything and maybe have some fun for once on this big super important adventure that I do not like.
During the time I left I was wandering around like nobodies business. I was breathing in the fresh air, hiking, climbing trees. Sure I should be looking for more food and all but I figured the thing could look after himself. After a while I rested and took a nap. I did not have any dreams and if I did I soon forgot them. It was very relaxing. I was soon back to wandering. Somehow, while I was wandering, I found camp again. I saw the thing had moved away so I did not want to wander anymore in case the beast mistook me for prey. I heard a loud screech of a bird as if it was dying and saying goodbye to her/his young. It was such a terrible scream of death, that it rattled me through my skin and immense muscle into my thick bones, which is hard to do.
I heard many thumps, and the brightness of some fire spreading and dying out. It was a short brief flame and did not catch much on fire, and the many thumps happened during and after the fire went out so it could be inferred that the thumps put the fire out. I heard a stomping coming towards me and thought that only a big dangerous thing such as the thing that I happened to be camping out with.
When it came close enough to see I could see that it was obviously not the thing I was camping out with. It looked like an ogre. Unlike stereotypes I will tell you what a real ogre looks like from a close encounter. It normally has a very nice suit and if very rich. The suits themselves are like hundreds of unique wonders of the world, such as some are beautifully striped with gold and silver which is actually layered with gold and silver dust so that it becomes flashy and it had gold and titanium (which looks kind of like silver but has a different tone in it) and that is just the shirts. Just imagine the riches their pants will give you if you ever got them. They are very proper even though they kill for a living. This in particular one was a chief so it had the best clothes out of its village. It also had the best weapons including shooting fire out of its mouth.
When it saw me I ducked behind a rock as it shot fire at me. It melted the first layer of the rock. Suddenly there was a shaking in the rock taking both me and the ogre by surprise. The ogre asked me in a british accent which I did not know they had “What in the world is that shaking coming from?”

The author's comments:
Tell me what to add (I will combine all ideas that are popular) and rate 5/5 stars

It cracked and cracked until it cracked in half and fell off both sides. We both looked curiously at the small figure inside it. It was a rock baby. We both know they are very dangerous except to what it thinks is its mother. I see its head with closed eyes is pointing towards an empty space and start running toward it. Now the ogre starts to respond and tries to leap in front of it. I got there first and when the rock baby opened his eyes and luckily it was me standing in front. It yelled mama and ran to me. Then I got hit my side and fell to the ground. The rock monsters eyes turned green of anger and went into giant mode. It grew big and bigger but was not that tall compared to adult ones. It was only as big as a small hill because it was a baby but it was still huge nonetheless. It was very slow because slowness is caused by largeness compared to other beings, like a fat guy is going to be slower than a medium guy, although if the medium guy was tall enough to counteract the fatness then they would be the same speed.
Enough with the science. So the baby got huge and tried to step on the ogre who was about a quarter of its size but the ogre was too fast. The baby who would could not be destroyed unless drowns is in lava or is exploded by a special bomb called the destroyer. The destroyer can destroy a planet so all has been exploded on deserted planets and there are no more.
Darn it, got more science in it. So back to the action. The ogre kept out maneuvering the giant rock baby until it got very tired, which is hard to do considering the amount of stamina most ogres have, which incase you did not know, it can swim longer, not faster (keeping in mind that swimming is the most exhausting sport to do), but longer than underwater mechanical or mecha shark (I mean that the mecha shark runs out of fuel) and now you can imagine that rock babies have unlimited energy which is not true but they have large amounts of energy.
ARGGGGGHHH!!!! I got into science AGAIN! Well anyway, long story short the ogre got tired, fell on the ground and the giant baby stomped on its head making it practically disappear with the force. There was little liquid on the ground and the some liter or two that was on the ground got soaked into it. The baby grabbed at it and then grabbed the rest of the ogre’s corpse. You see rock babies eat flesh in order to grow. So, the rock baby swallowed him whole growing a foot, which only happens if its prey is full of nutrients and is large enough to feed a house for four weeks, not anymore and not any less, just four whole weeks or 28 whole days. It was a awesome sight to see. The baby glowed golden while it grew and three golden swords with edges of diamond came down from the cloud people and waved around him. Near the end the middle golden sword came down as if to kill him so I was afraid that my ultimate protection would die. The sword just put it flat edge on its head and went into the sky with the other two following it. After a minute or two you could not see it at all anymore.
With the ogre gone and the rock baby here to protect me, I leaned on a convenient tree and fell asleep.
I woke up to the sound of a raging battle around a mile away. The first thing I saw was a snake in front of me and I was shocked to see it. I screamed because I had a small fear of reptiles. A quick gray hand flashed in front of my eyes and grabbed the dangerous reptile by the head and dangled it outward.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


MadisHeart said...
on Jun. 20 2013 at 2:13 pm
MadisHeart, Norman, Oklahoma
0 articles 0 photos 38 comments
Very intriguing, nice work :)