Vampire Hunter | Teen Ink

Vampire Hunter

May 13, 2013
By Rose99 SILVER, ceader hill, Missouri
More by this author
Rose99 SILVER, Ceader Hill, Missouri
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
the only thing to fear is fear its self
life only hurts if you let it


“Taina, pay attention! Do you even want to learn magic?” That is my teacher, Jack. Jack is a wizard who took me in when my parents died in a war against vampires. No one knows who killed them, but I plan on finding out.

“No! I don’t want to learn. I’m a fighter.” I complain.

“What happens when a vampire attacks?” Jack asks.

“I fight them with my sword!” I yell. “There are other ways to kill a vampire.” Jacks eyes go big.

Snap! Something or someone was right behind me. A hand slides across the back of my neck.

“J-j-jack?” I whimper as an arm wraps around my waist. My heart is racing. ‘Why isn’t Jack helping me?’ I think to myself.

“Are you scared yet Taina?” A voice that I swear I know whispers into my ear. “Come on do you really think that I would hurt you?” The hands release me, and I spin around for the first hit.
“Taina! No, it’s Chris!” Jack calls to me, as I try to pull back from hitting him.

“Drakco wants you. He said something about a club house?”? Chris smiles. “You wouldn’t really hit me, would you?” I look at him and raise my eyebrow. Jack tries to hide a laugh.

“Take a guess.” I say as I turn to walk away. “Can we continue tomorrow Jack?” Jack sighs but doesn’t answer me. Slowly I turn to look at him.

“Taina,” He says when I look at him. “Meet me at the pond tomorrow. Have fun.” Jack flashes me a smile.

“Thanks!” I call as I take off toward the woods. Maybe now I should explain a few things. I am a witch, and no I don’t have a green face or warts. Jack is a wizard as I said. Chris is a vampire. Drakco is my best friend, and he is a werewolf. I have green eyes, and long brown hair with streaks of blond. Drakco has black hair with grey eyes.

‘He said to meet him in the club house. So he either meant the Wolfs Den or the hideout.’ I think to myself. The hideout is for witches and wizards who don’t yet know their skill. Right now I’m the only one who doesn’t know what skill I have. The hideout is used for when evil vampires attack.

I decide to head home and change my clothes before I try to find Drakco. Still running, I come out of the woods and into town. DJ runs by me, and I try to call out to him, but he keeps on running. ‘Vampires!’ I think as I run the rest of the way home to change out of my practice clothes.

Practice clothes is my long-sleeved tee-shirt, which just happens to be fire proof, grey pants, also fire proof, and a pony tail. When I practice magic jack makes me wear tennis shoes.

I reach my house. Jack has been letting me live in it alone since I was eleven. I open the door and walk in.

“Taina? Is that you?” Someone calls from the hallway. I pull out my ponytail and walk toward the hallway.

“Yeah, I’m here. Who are you?” I shout as I reach the corner of the wall.

“Its Maggie, don’t tell me you’re scared of me.” The voice says and I call myself stupid as I run to see. Maggie is dressed in a colorful skirt and a shirt that came down to her elbows. “Go and get dressed, then we will go to the hideout. Drakco is there to protect you already.” She smiles. In other words Vampires were coming.

“Give me two minutes.” I say as I pull my black mini skirt out of the closet. Smiling I pull out my white legging and black tank top. After I dress I pull on some lacy heels, and apply some make up. Maggie looks at me like I’m an idiot.

“You ready?” She asks as I grab a box of Jasmine Tea out of the kitchen. I nod, then walk to the front door. Maggie holds out her hand. I grab it, and she mumbles something then opens the door to show the hideout. A trick I have yet to learn.

Drakco looks up as I walk in. I toss the box of tea to him, and walk over to my chair (it is black with white skulls). Maggie nods then walks out. Drakco walks to the kitchen and comes back with a cup of tea in one hand and a Bloody Mary in the other.

“I have to learn faster.” I whisper as I take a sip of my tea.

“Why? Do you not like spending time with me?” Drakco muses; I sigh, than set my tea down.

“Yes,” I stand up. “I enjoy spending time with you.” I slowly walk over to where he sat down with his Bloody Mary. “But, I’d like to be able to kill vampires.” Now I was standing over him. I reach down and grab his Bloody Mary. Drakco starts laughing as I make a face. Werewolves can withstand a lot of liquor.

“How can you drink that?” I groan, as I give it back. It doesn’t take much to get a witch drunk.

“Is it too rough for you? Next time don’t snatch my drink!” He laughs cruelly, than grows kind. “If you want one I can make you one.” I nod slowly, and then go back to my chair.

I think about my magic, and get back up to walk to the kitchen. Drakco is making me a Bloody Mary, as I get out a bowl and grab a bottle of water. When I get the water in the bowl, I take a quick look at Drakco. He is wearing brown skinny jeans, his dog collar, and a black ‘Bite Me’ shirt. Drakco looks good.

“You are going to practice magic?” He asks shock showing on his face.

“Yep! If I can get better, then I can find my skill and fight.” I walk back to the first room. The hideout has seven rooms: a Library, a game room, a bathroom, two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. I walk to the middle of the room and sit on the floor. Then I place the bowl a couple of feet in front of me.

“The key is being one with the water.”

“I look up; Drakco came in with his Bloody Mary in hand, mine is right beside me. I nod my thanks and close my eyes again.

“One with the water.”

‘Fine I’ll try your way.’ I tell the voice. Smooth, clear, wet, water I think to myself. I raise my right hand.

Swiss! I open my eyes to see a ball of water floating in the air. Slowly, I get up.

‘Good job. Now move your hands in a spiral.’ I have no clue who is telling me what to do or even if I should listen to them.

‘I was right so far, was I not?” Slowly I change directions with my hands. A knock on the door startles me.

“No. Drakco I’m so sorry.” I cry as the water flies everywhere.
“It’s fine.” Drakco shakes off the water, and runs to answer the door. I plop back down onto the floor.

‘You have to be quick. Water is not afraid to move fast.’ Sighing, I stand back up and place my hands out flat. I breathe in a quick, sharp breath, and raise my hands sharply up with my fingers coming together.

“Oww!” I cry out when a water drop cuts my arm on the way up. Quickly, I roll the water into a ball and put it back in the bowl. I look at my arm. Blood drips from where it was cut. I put my hand over it and head to the bathroom to get a band-aid.

“Taina, it’s safe to come out.” Drakco calls as I open the door. I start to put a band-aid on, but the wound was completely healed.

“Hey, Taina! It’s Jake; do you want to watch a movie?” A voice I recognize as my friend XL. His real name is Jake, but everyone except Drakco calls him XL.

“I’m coming.” I call as I put the band-aid away. ‘How did it heal?’ I think to myself. Shaking my head, I walk out of the bathroom.

“What are we going to see?” I ask as I walk through the door to the living room.

“I want to watch a horror film. Jake wants to watch a love story.” Drakco complains. “Your vote.” He slumps down into his chair.

“We saw a love movie last time. I’m in the mood for a horror movie. XL go get the popcorn and soda. Drakco can you get the scariest movie Izzy has. I will set up the movie room here. ‘Kay. Oh, and XL can you get some gummy bears?” Both of the boys send me a look. “I can have a sweet tooth too.” I say quickly to defend my reputation of not eating sweets.

As soon as they leave I look at my arm where I was cut. It looked like it had never got hurt.

“Maybe I didn’t get hurt.” I say to myself. “Maybe I imagined it.” Shaking my head and telling myself to focus, I point my finger at my chair and my other hand at Drakco’s chair.

“Ray me en tan.” I whisper, and seconds later the chairs hover.

“Move slowly, they are heavy even though they are light as air.” The voice whispers. Nodding, I move my chair first. Slowly I move my hand that is pointing at my chair toward me. I move it to the middle of the room, and slowly put my hand down. Smiling I turn toward Drakco’s chair. Doing the same thing I just did, I put the chair to the left of my chair. Then without using my magic, I move a third chair that we keep for guest, to the right side of my chair, than I pick up my untouched Bloody Mary.

“Mhh. Not bad, but what to do about the T.V.” I mutter looking at the normal flat-screen T.V. “Gra me en sale. Tel gra me sol.” I say feeling light headed. The T.V. grew to fit the entire wall.

“Hey I got a killer-ghost movie. Is that alright with you?” Drakco asks as he walks in, I fall into my chair. “Are you okay? Hang on; I’ll get your tea.” Drakco disappears into the kitchen, and is back in two seconds.

“Here, drink. You need to keep your strength up.” Drakco presses the cup to my mouth. The tea is warm and sweet. Drakco had brought me a tea cup instead of a coffee mug. As soon as I finish my tea, XL comes back.

“I like what-what is wrong?” XL asks looking worried.

“She is fine. All she needs is some tea, and some rest.” Drakco takes my cup and goes to refill it. I close my eyes and bring my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.

“To much magic?” XL asks and I nod my head as slowly as I can. Drakco comes back in with some more tea and quickly makes me drink it.

“Just give me ten minutes.” I whisper. Opening my eyes I look at XL. He is wearing black bell bottom jeans, with a black tee-shirt that reads “Be Gone” in white lettering.

“Xl sits down right in front of my chair.

“Gummy bears?” I ask the boys. Drakco nods to the table and gets up to get them.

“No, let me get them.” I say and get up to my feet. Taking two steps, I trip over my own feet and fall right into XL’s lap. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” I start without taking in air.

“Don’t worry its fine. You need to rest.” XL picks me up and sits me back in my chair, as Drakco goes and gets my gummy bears.

“Shall we watch the movie?” Drakco asks.

“No,” I shake my head. “I just want to sleep.” Curling up as I spoke.

“Perhaps, I should take her to her room.” Drakco said before I closed my eyes.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.