Altai's Chronicles | Teen Ink

Altai's Chronicles

By coolman907 SILVER, Plattsburgh, New York
coolman907 SILVER, Plattsburgh, New York

"In life everything is connected in some shape of form. This is what judges your upcoming future." - Myself

Author's note: Authors I read when I was in 9th Grade. Authors like S.E. Hinton and Jennifer Donnelly, inspired my imagination to go forth to creating my stories.

This is the beginning part of the book, it may sound choppy, but as you read along the book it increases depth as you go along. I know Altai defeated Arcane, but his heroic instincts told him that he was still alive. Just in case if you readers didn't understand that concept.

There is a warrior who slays monsters each day, and his name is Altai. Altai’s goal in life is to be the best warrior in the world. He is a young warrior in a search of quests and monsters. He is training to get better at fighting monsters.
One night when he was going to get some food, something happened. The moon gleamed in the sky; it formed three circles, like a pyramid. The moon shone on the ground and there it was…
The mastermind of darkness; it was Altai’s arch-enemy, Arcane. Arcane is the most powerful enemy in the universe. He thinks he has more power than Altai.
Arcane says, “Fight or die”.
Altai says, “Bring it on.”
So the fight begins, Altai uses his swift sword on Arcane, which hurts Arcane badly. Arcane uses his terra levitation on Altai which hurts him so badly it paralyzed him for a small amount of time. At the split second when Arcane was going to jab Altai severely, Altai stunned him for a bit. Arcane was on the ground and he tried to move, but his muscles couldn’t move well like how iron rusts when placed with water. He tries to get up, but before he can stand up Altai slashes him which got him to the edge of the cliff. The water crashes the rocks below the cliffs and makes huge crashes every second. When Arcane was at the edge of the cliff, he fell and at the split second before he was in the water he disappeared. Altai’s work with him was done.
Altai went to his village called Mandolin. Altai told the good news to his family. Next the family told the town crier. Then the town crier told it to the crowd. Finally the crowd told the news to one of the imperial solders of the village. Which he told the king. The king was surprised,
“Altai, you defeated one of the greatest villains of all time” says the king.
“He should be our local hero,” says the villagers.
The ceremony started at the crack of dawn. People in their pajamas came down to the central place in Mandolin.
“Altai will you be our local hero?” says the king.
“Yes,” says Altai.
“Then I pronounce that Altai will be our hero in this village.”
“Thank you sir I won’t let you down.” says Altai.
When the party was over, Altai says to the king,
“Well thank you for letting me to be your local hero, but I am still searching for Arcane.”
“Well would you stay here for one more day before you go?” asked the King.
“Ok,” says Altai.
So the party goes on in town with snacks, games and enjoying chatting with other city folks. Kids were playing the pin the tail on the donkey. Adults were having drinks and having general conversations, some were deeper than others. Later when the party was over, Altai ran off to find Arcane. He was beginning on a new journey.

This chapter make the reader develop its depth towards the short story. It can be still tough to understand, but I promise the reader's mind will develop soon if you don't understand still.

It was early when he left, he packs a picture of his family, some food, water and he never forgets to bring his trusty sword with him. Altai was hunting for Arcane, he runs swiftly through the fields to see if he can find him. Then, he spawns upon a pond with a waterfall.
He is getting thirsty; he fills his canteen with water and drinks it. The water appears somehow human, and then it was moving like it was walking toward him. Suddenly, it appeared to be a Water Elemental one of the most powerful creatures of all elements. Altai thinks the Elemental would hurt him, but it did not hurt him. The element is being a friend to Altai.
“What is your name young warrior?” says the Water Elemental.
“My name is Altai, what is yours?”
“My name is Omni the Water Elemental. We water elementals don’t hurt people that much; we just try to be their friends telepathically. So Altai can I join you to defeat Arcane?” asks the water elemental.
“How did you know that I was looking for Arcane?” says Altai.
“Well because I am a Water Elemental, my sight is so transparent that I can see through the past and future.”
So Altai lets Omni to join the team fighting Arcane. Altai senses that Arcane is becoming more powerful by the minute.
“I think you should get the fire elemental and the electric elemental to help you fight to beat Arcane,” said the water elemental.
“Ok here’s the plan,” says Altai.
“First, we will take a break in a city of Albacore, next go on to finding the elementals, and then take a break at the forest, and finally we’ll keep going to find the elementals. What do you think?” Altai asks.
“We would need to get food, because we’re running low,” says Omni.
“We will get the food from other cities and keep it in my bag. Then when we get hungry and thirsty we can use some of our food to use then go find them. That’s part of the plan to find the elementals,” says Altai.
“Sounds like a good idea,” says Omni.

This is his first Encounter since Arcane's match with Altai. The description of the palace shows the beauty and fanciness it beholds.

Once they got to a city, Altai asks a male citizen who worked in the street,
“Do you know where I can get some free food?”
The citizen says to him, “Talk to the King of Albacore.”
“Ok, thank you for giving me the information.”
Altai went to the imperial palace, but when Altai got to the inside of it he gasps, “Wow, I never saw a palace so… fancy.”
The palace had crystallized chandeliers made out of real crystal, and the most beautiful painting he has ever seen. Altai smells something good. It was the gourmet food they have there.
So Altai asks to one of the guards of the palace, “May I speak to the king?”
“Um, sure, you can talk to the king,” says one of the guards.
The king says, “Why are you here and who are you guys?”
“I am Altai, and this is my partner Omni, the water elemental,” Altai introduced.
“We’re wondering if you could give us some free food,” says Omni.
“Why should I give you free food?” asks the king.
“We are hunting down Arcane, and we need some food from other cities to get more energy to hunt Arcane down,” says Altai.
“Well, how about a deal?” says the king.
“If I win, and you stay here forever, if you win I will get people to recognize you as our new hero for this town.”
“What do you think? Want to take the deal?” asks the king.
“I accept,” says Altai.
“Ok, then let’s fight.”
The king takes his first move with a slide and a slash to Altai’s leg, Altai managed to dodge it, but at the end of that attack he gets a severe cut; he puts all of his effort into play. Altai uses his Sword of Storm to defeat the king of Albacore, but suddenly, the water elemental takes its action into the sword. Altai learned a new skill, whirlpool blast. He uses it on the king, he gets soaked. The king takes a good hit from the attack. He comes back for one more attack, and then he does an uppercut to the King in the jaw, which at the end, hurt pretty badly.
“Good game, I never had a good battle like that. I usually get bored after I beat them, but you, you have the skill of a master warrior. We have a new champion”, said the King of Albacore.
Altai is proud with ambition and amazed at what is going to happen next.

This is Arcane's first plan to annihilate Altai. I made the time for his training to the dragon faster to show the results of the training. The training was vigorous for the dragon, but he made through for now...

I am going to shatter Altai with the Black Dragon, one of the most powerful black dragons ever known to mankind. This can’t possibly fail. I have to go to Dragon Island to get the dragon and train it so it knows I am his master, Arcane thought.
So Arcane swims to Dragon Island. There are many black dragons on the island. He knows he has to be careful, because if he makes a wrong move, the dragon might hurt him badly. He approaches to one of the dragons. This made it furious in anger. He tries not to make any false moves, but then he sees the dragon responding to him nicely the dragon approaches to him, Arcane pets the dragon gently. The dragon wants to be Arcane’s pet. They go back to the Arcane’s hideout. Arcane teaches the dragon some powerful techniques such as fire blast, sending lightning to the ground, and water breath. Arcane has an idea, he thought, How about combining fire breath with water breath.
He tries the technique out on the dragon and it works he cannot believe it works.
“I will defeat you, Altai, and nobody will stop me.”

This is the second element Altai has met. Action starts to climate up in total for the first story. We'll see what the action will lead up next.

When Altai was traveling on his journey, he spawns a mysterious forest. It was no ordinary forest. When you arrive at the Forest of Flaming Power, you can feel a mysterious presence like something was going to happen in a split second. Altai walks into the mysterious forest, and it is dark; he senses a mysterious shadow upon him. He hears a mysterious sound, like it was tendering of flames and then sees a fire elemental upon him.
“You are Altai?” asks the Fire Elemental.
“Yes, I am why?” asks Altai.
“Well I want to battle you Altai,” says the Fire Elemental.
“Let’s do it,” says Altai.
Altai takes his Sword of Wind out. From out of nowhere, the water elemental came next to Altai and says,
“Use your Sword of Wind on me to make a water-wind combo to extinguish the Fire Elemental.”
“Good thinking,” says Altai.
So Altai uses the Water elemental and the Sword of Wind to burn out the Fire Elemental. It works, the sword created the most beautiful and somewhat violent whirlpool Altai has ever seen.
The Fire Element says, “I give up, I give up I am not worthy to be your humble opponent, but will you accept me as a partner to come along on your journey to defeat the evil person named Arcane?”
Altai says, “Sure, why not? We need the three elements in order to kill Arcane for good.”
The Fire Elemental says, “Many thanks to you, people and I make a vow to try to not let you fail.”
“So where is the final elemental?” says Altai.
“The final elemental is located at the Peak of Thunder Mountain,” says the Fire Elemental.
“Ok, let’s go to Thunder Mountain to find the Lightning Elemental. Also, you didn’t tell me what you name was Fire Elemental,” says Altai.
“Well my name is Lance the Element of Fire.”
“Oh ok, I was just wondering,” says Altai.
“We should take a break before climbing up,” says Altai.
“Ok,” says the three elementals.

Even though this is his second plan, this is his final plan to destroy Altai. This part of the story is rising towards the struggle. An action to fight is what the author is creating.

Meanwhile back at Arcane’s Lair, Arcane’s dragon is an adult now. He can do the breath of fire and water combined. Now, Arcane’s evil plan is to get to Thunder Mountain before Altai does and get the lightning element. He needs the lightning elemental for the dragon, which will give the dragon the Breath of Elemental. This is the most powerful breath a dragon can learn. It will take a lot of time for Arcane to teach the dragon lightning breath, it’s even longer than the fire breath, the water breath, and even the Fire-Water Combination. So, Arcane is going to Thunder Mountain to beat Altai at his own game. He walks over to a window of his fortress. It pictured of the terrifying image of Thunder Mountain.
Arcane says, “You have a limited amount of time young warrior to get to Thunder Mountain before me. I will get there first, and I will fight the Thunder Elemental with my Black Dragon. I will use the power of the Lightning Elemental to defeat you by using the Breath of the Elemental, so prepare Altai, for the battle of your life.” He jumps out of the window, he lands on the ground and remained intact from the impact of the fall. The dragon breaks the roof of Arcane’s fortress. Arcane tells the dragon to meet him at the mount of Thunder Mt. Arcane run swiftly to the mountain to see the dragon.

Alright, Altai has two of the elements. He just needs one more in order to destroy Arcane for good, a little after climbing Altai meets up with Arcane at the peak, both sides rage builds up. Who knows what side will win.

Once Altai got to Thunder Mountain, he was amazed at the scenery. It looks like the Fourth of July fireworks at night, but better. The strangest thing was Omni sensing a disturbance in Thunder Mountain, like there is going to be an enemy coming any minute.
“Get prepared, because they might appear any minute,” states Altai.
His senses were true; he seeks his arch-enemy Arcane. He is climbing up the mountain floor after floor. Once they get to the midpoint, Altai and the two elementals keep on going after hour after hour minute by minute. It seem like it takes forever to get up the mountain. Once they get to the peak of the mountain, there was a strange lightning field all around the peak; it looked like some sort of battlefield. The person that appears in the field was Arcane. He was tries to absorb the lightning elemental’s power into the dragon.
“Well, well if it isn’t my enemy Altai, will you ever give up? You will never beat me, just give me your all and let’s fight. Meet my black dragon who will destroy you once it absorbs the lightning elemental’s power.”
“Help me, Altai save me from this evil villain,” says the Lightning Elemental.
“I will save you,” says Altai.
“Ok, let’s dance,” says Arcane.

This is where the action starts, it may be a small fight. Who knows what will happen though, this fight could lead to the beginning of a new world for Altai. The electrocution of Arcane may shock the reader to know if he survived or not.

Altai uses his Sword of Wind. He combines the Omni and Lance to make a fire-water combo to hit the dragon. Before the attack hits the dragon, the dragon uses its fire-water combo breath to deflect the attack from hitting him. Altai uses his Swift Sword, which gave him a super power of speed and incredible dodging skills. He strikes the dragon with his swift sword on the throat, and then slices the dragon’s head off. The dragon dies and lies on the ground soundly.
“You will pay for this. One day you will, you’ll see, I will find a better and stronger monster next time and get prepared to battle,” Arcane says.
Altai and the three elements say, “Ahem, I think you are forgetting something.”
“I am?” asks Arcane.
“Yeah, Lightning Elemental shock him with high voltage.”
The Lightning elemental makes a shockwave at Arcane; it makes about 10,000 volts. Arcane is suffering from serious pain. One little jolt from the lightning elemental go into his bloodstream. This jolt causes him to pass out.
“Well let’s go, I think we took care of our job,” says Altai.
"Ok," said the Elementals.

The last sentence experiences how Altai will feel and express for the new journey he will start. This hopefully will tell the reader that this story isn't just ending, it has only begun.

The Elementals and Altai chat for a while; they talk about how they defeated Arcane. When Altai and the three elements view Altai’s village, they run swiftly down the path. They finally arrive; everybody from the village is here. A soldier from the village says to Altai, “You did it, you actually did it. You defeated one of the most sinister villains ever known. For the reward, we give you praises for your achievement.” The crowd cheers three times for Altai.
A warrior comes to Altai, “There is a new mission for you: Arcane is out again. The Warrior’s Guild wants to address you to go to the Mountains of Combat to get more training for battling Arcane ok?”
“Alright, I accept your quest,” says Altai.
All the people cheer as they watch Altai set sail the seas into greater adventure, with discoveries that might happen along the way.

Happily for Altai, he will have a new path to start. Unfortunately, he doesn't know Arcane isn't dead. The description shows that revenge seeks all around Altai. Who knows what will happen for this warrior. Stay Tuned!

While Altai is on his journey, Arcane is waiting somewhere near the cliffs of The Mountains of Combat, “I will be waiting for you Altai, as I Arcane the Electric Monster will eliminate you. I won’t go easy on you little warrior, see you at the battle field.” He laughs maniacally when the lights darken his image.