Metalligirl | Teen Ink

Metalligirl

By CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana

Summary:

Wendy Walker's life wasn't never very fun to begin with- living in a girls' home with an insensitive, greedy guardian and flip-flop chucking orphans isn't ideal. But her life is turned upside down after discovering she has cancer and undergoing an experimental nanotechnology cancer treatment with unexpected side effects- the nanobots took over her body and turned her arm, leg, and side of her face into solid metal, complete with magnetic, robotic abilities! After narrowly escaping an examination clinic full of poking, prodding scientists, she stumbles across kids like her- a collection of freaks, accidents, and mutants who happen to be on their way to the Big Apple. When trouble arises with a power-hungry hypnotist, Wendy makes the transition to self-concious cyborg to hero of New York.

Claire B.

Metalligirl

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Aw thanks! I'm glad you liked it! And hey, I checked out some of your work- nice job!!!

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Oh, wow. This is amazing. :D I love this. This s one of my favorite books, on Teen Ink. :) It's so good. And I love the idea, the concept. :) It's really wonderful. In some ways, I can connect to Metalligirl or Wendy, haha. Her life before she had medical experiment, was rather like mine. Anwyas, haha. Your story is amazing. :D Nevr forget, that you're talented and that you have light in you, okay? :) Thank you for sharing this. 

on Aug. 23 2013 at 10:12 am
love.writing BRONZE, St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Thank you!  I'm pretty new to this sight so I've been trying to get people to read my work.  :)

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks! And I checked out your poetry; I really like 'To be Perfect'.

Your welcome and just saying I love how you called her Metalligirl instead of just Metalgirl.

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thank you so much! That means a lot! :)

on Aug. 22 2013 at 10:18 am
This is my favorite teenink book so far!  I loved it!!! ;)

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks so much; I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I'll definitely check out your book! :)

MadisHeart said...
MadisHeart, Norman, Oklahoma
Self-consious cyborg, love it! So creative girl! Congrats on all the comments. I think you might be entertained by my book so you should check it out! You have a great way with words by the way.

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks! Me too :)

PortiaDawn GOLD, Cleveland, Ohio

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

I love female heroes!!!

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Wow! Thanks for being so thorough! This is very informational; I'll try to keep this all in mind. I think I'll keep the name, though- I got it from the whole superhero character identical-sounding initials thing- (you know, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Clark Kent, etc.) But anyway, thanks for all the time you put into this comment; it means a lot! :)

milforce SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois

"Those who have the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."

Alright, so I write all of my comments as I’m reading, just so you know. That way I won’t forget anything. Also, I’m completely honest and share all of my thoughts. Please don’t be offended by criticism, I only want to help you improve your writing. With that said, here we go! First off, Wendy Walker is a very generic name. It doesn’t stand out by any means so people won’t remember it. The first paragraph was okay. There wasn’t anything really special about it. Try hopping right into the fight and describing it in detail and then going back and explaining its significance. I really like the way you’re developing the atmosphere of sort of disagreeing girls and all the drama that takes place. Alright, now I’m little confused. I’d imagined like a dorm sort of thing with teenaged girls but the presence of the baby implies that they’re older. The part with the spit up was a little unclear. I didn’t know the baby spat up until after it had happened which isn’t favorable. You could say something dramatic like ‘and then it came’ to imply that something gross happened and then show it. Okay, so Roxanne just mentioned school so how old are they? If they’re going to school, why do they have a baby? You’re doing a great job of making Miss Turner a disgusting human being. Nice work! Awesome analogy between Tessa and Wendy! That was great. The part with the doll was really intense for something that’s not of huge importance! I kept trying to read faster because I wanted to know what would happen! Oooooh, now I understand the whole girl’s home thing. Alright, I can roll with this. I’d try to explain a littler earlier…or maybe I’m just stupid, I don’t know. NOOOO!!!!! THE DOLL!!!!! Poor Lea…Okay, so I just finished it. Overall, pretty good. It needs work though. There were numerous grammatical errors, but those aren’t really important. The main thing to work on I think is just clearing things up a bit. Oh, and you’re dialogue was really really good and you had great tags for the dialogue! Forgot about that little bit. But anyway, just work on that and this story will be making its way into the realm of greatness!:)

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks for the comment; I appreciate it! :)

nightblade said...
nightblade, Smithers, Other

It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. ~ Mewtwo

I liked your story and the whole flow, sometimes I was confued but when I read it over again a few times I understood what you were writing. I know you've heard this before from everybody else that commented so I'm sorry if this seems really annoying but I couldn't help but notice the grammar. You did a great job with introducing you main character and how her life was before while connecting it to the plot. I loved it and did my best for advice - even if it wasn't the greatest. I liked the main character too, she seemed very real unlike other superhero stories.

on Apr. 6 2013 at 10:20 am
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Hey, sorry about the double negative in the story summary- I meant to say 'was never.' Oops. :)

on Apr. 6 2013 at 10:09 am
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks a lot! :)

munchkincora said...
munchkincora, Murray, Utah

"You can't climb a ladder with your hands in your pockets." - American Proverb

Hello. :) I wrote Merrikeep and read your comment. First of all: Thank you for reading and commenting on my book. I really apperciate it. Second: I really like your book. It's very good and has an interesting story line.

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
Thanks! Knowing readers are interested in the story and what happens to the characters means a lot to me! :)

Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa

"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

I really like how you never really let the reader's rest - always keeping us on the edge of our chairs! nice jjob!! =-D