Golden Horizon | Teen Ink

Golden Horizon

By RojerThatCat ELITE, Canoga, California
RojerThatCat ELITE, Canoga, California

"We all can be only what we are, nothing more, or less."- Sword of Truth (Kahlan)

Author's note: I hope this short story inspires others to write random stories either for a friend (like this one was for) or for the sake of passing time.

Initial plane crash hysteria.

Oh my God, oh my God! This cannot be happening… this, this just can’t be happening to me of all people. It’s just like that show Lost except there are only four of us..
“Jane, are you okay?”…
Mia, Mia where are you?
I’m right here Mia, it’s me Jane, everything is going to be okay (silently sobbing); it’s going to be alright.
“Jane, I’m so scared. Where is my cousin? And where is Seth?”
Mia I don’t want to be the Debbie Downer here but after the airplane crashed I saw their half of the plane plummet into the opposite side of the island. And I don’t see anyone around us who appears to be alive.
“Jane shut up! Just shut up, okay? My cousin is alive I just know he is. (Bawling on the floor) He just has to be alright.”
Its okay, it’s okay. Sshhh. Everything will be okay Mia but you have to get up so we can go find them, alright?
“Yeah, alright. Jane?”
Yes?
“Why did this happen to us?”
I honestly don’t know. But don’t let your mind wonder on whys and what ifs, just focus on the present.
“I’ll try.”

Mia and Jane find her cousin Seth.

“Jane we have been searching for hours by the shores and it’s getting dark. What are we going to do?”
Mia we have to keep looking or start up camp right here. Which would you prefer?
“(Looks into pocket, finds a picture of us from a few weeks back) Keep on looking I suppose…”
(2 hours later, we come upon the other half of the torn up plane)
“Trevor?!”
Seth?!
(Faint voices in the distance)
Seth? Oh my God! Mia… MIA!
“What? Did you find hi… (Looks down) OH MY GOD! Seth, we are going to get you out okay? Seth stay awake, you have to stay awake. Jane! Jane find Trevor, we are going to need his help.”
Alright I’ll be back as soon as possible just keep him awake. With all the... (Looks down, then whispers) With all the blood he’s losing if he goes to sleep who knows if he will be able to wake up.

Trevor!? God damn it Trevor answer me!
(Hears pounding)
Trevor? (Draws closer to a part of the plane that’s wielded shut)
If that’s you Trevor, knock twice.
(Dun, dun)
Oh Trevor thank God you’re alive! But how can I get you out? All the metal closed off the entrance... Unless I go through the window. The window, of course! I’ll just have to squeeze you out of the window. Trevor, if you can hear me go to the window, I am going to pull you out.
(Breaks window, miraculously pulls him out and wraps his few gashes on his body)
“Jane, thank you for saving me. I thought I was going to die in there. Where are Mia and Seth? Please tell me there okay. Their okay right? God let them be okay!”
Mia is fine, she’s with Seth. But Seth, well he’s… he’s stuck and he’s bleeding. He’s bleeding a lot from his upper torso I believe and I can’t help him with his wounds until we can get his mangled body free from underneath the plane’s broken off wing.
“Holy freak this sounds serious. What if he doesn’t make--... “
(I cover his mouth)
Don’t you dare say that! He is going to make it out and that’s a fact. We just need to get the wing off of him before he loses anymore blood.
“Alright then let’s go find Mia”
(Walks away into the smoke)

The four need to find shelter and fast.

Mia there you are! I found Trevor. He is okay, only has a few gashes here and there.
“Mia, are you hurt?” - Trevor.
“No surprisingly not. Jane and I must have been really lucky because neither of us are injured.” - Mia.
(Hesitates)
Right…
“Wait are you hurt…” - Trevor.
We have to help Seth right now you guys! Can’t you see he’s on the verge of losing consciousness?
“Okay on the count of four we all lift, alright?” - Trevor.
“One”
“Two”
“Three”
”Four”
(Lifts the broken wing off of Seth revealing an open gash on his chest)
Oh this doesn’t look good….. Seth this is going to sting but I have to disinfect it okay. I’m sorry.
(Spreads alcohol over his open wound, Seth screams out in pain)
I am so sorry, I am almost done.
“It hurts so badly. I just want the pain to go away.” - Seth. (Slowly closes his eyes)
”Ohhhh no you don’t! (Throws water in his face) You can’t go to sleep” - Mia.
(I wrap his wounds and Trevor carries him towards the island)
We need to set up camp you guys. And it can’t be near the plane because of the smoke and fire.
“We should find a waterfall. There are usually caves there.” - Trevor.

I’m freezing! I swear if we don’t start a fire or something I am going to die! Honestly guys compared to that night out at the golf course, I really wouldn’t mind being attacked... I’m already numb to begin with…
“I can make that happen if you want (Glares over towards me).”- Seth
“Shut up Seth. Want us to keep you warm?”- Trevor
Well it depends by what you mean by that (Slightly chuckles).
(Trevor and Seth try to keep me warm… miserable fail)
“Hey I am cold too! I just don’t whine like you do Jane!”- Mia
(Everyone is huddled together with the arms around one another for warmth)
“Tomorrow morning we should set up camp and try to gather stuff from what remains of the plane. I’ll go with Jane, and Mia you will stay and get food, okay?”- Trevor
Oh no I have to stay and help Seth. You and Mia go to the plane and see if you can get anything useful like blankets and a radio. I’ll stay behind and gather berries while making sure Seth is okay.
“Alright. “- Trevor
“You guys?”- Mia
(Everyone answers Yeah)
“This is the longest night of my life…”- Mia
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
(Everyone slowly drifts off to sleep)

(I wake up and Mia and Trevor are gone, Seth is groaning in pain trying to get up)
Man I must have slept in. How long have you been awake?
“A couple of hours now I think. Mia and Trevor left not that long ago towards the plane wreck. Can you help me up please?”- Seth
Yeah of course just be careful. If you strain your wound you will start bleeding again.
“Alright, alright jeez it’s only a little scrape. I should be up and about by the end of tomorrow for sure.”- Seth
Ha-ha you got jokes. That’s a pretty nasty wound there. It’s going to take a while for that thing to heal. Besides with an injury like that you really can’t do anything.
“Well not anything, if you know what I mean.”(Huge grin spreads across his face)- Seth
Your right you can help me look for berries.
“Wait that’s not what I… Oh okay. So what’s our plan? Are we going to build a raft, or repopulate this island, or try to contact home, or...”- Seth
(Breaks into his train of thought) I don’t know what we will do but let’s just focus on gathering some food first.
(Seth head down towards some bushes when he hear something coming at him at an alarming pace)
“What the hell! (Smacked to the ground)”- Seth
(I turn around) Seth? Seth this isn’t funny! Seth, come out! (I panic) Seth!
(Blood is on the floor) What the hell? I got to find help... but I’m all alone. This is just like one of those movies except it’s real and … and I just can’t take this. God what do I do?
(I run and search around for hours)
Hello! Anyone out there? Please help me!! (I fall to the ground and start sobbing)
(A man approaches me from the distance)
Seth, Seth is that you?
(Man comes out of the bushes; he’s young maybe 17 or 18, pale, tall, has light blue eyes and looks rather well for being on an island)
“Hello… I’m Chase, Chase Levine. Um I heard your cries and well I didn’t know there were others on this island. You see I was once lost at sea with my father when we crashed into this island not too long ago. Please don’t be alarmed, I won’t hurt you. (Stretches out his hand towards me)
(I flinch and jump back) How do I know you didn’t take Seth? He’s hurt and I just want him back. Please don’t hurt me. Please I’ll do whatever you want just bring him back he’s badly hurt and…
“I didn’t take your friend. Please believe me, I’ve been alone for a few days now and when I heard your voice I wanted to see if you had anyway of going back home.”- Chase
No, no I do not. I don’t believe you. You are probably going to attack me as soon as I turn around... Didn’t you say you were with your father anyway?
“He… he disappeared a few days ago. Please let me help you. I can tell your injured judging by that red stain on your shirt. Please let me take a look at it, I was a volunteer at a hospital back at home and that wound will get infected if I don’t clean it. Please trust me just this once, then I’ll leave you be if that’s what you want.”- Chase
(Walks over to Chase and removes shirt exposing a big gash from the impact)
(Chase cleans my gash wound and gives me a sweater to cover up with)
“So do any of your friends know that your injured this bad? It looks like a pretty bad injury.”- Chase
(Puts on sweater) No I didn’t want to worry them… Wait. I never told you I was with others! I knew it, I knew you were dangerous! Great I’m stuck alone with a potential serial killer...
“Look I’m sorry. I saw you and your friends last night but I was too scared to go over because you were with two pretty tall guys and well I didn’t want to be attacked or something..”- Chase
Oh is that so? So instead you find me all alone where no one could hear me or find me if I go missing??
“No, no it’s not like that. I heard you crying and I was worried so I came out to help you I swear.”- Chase
Why would you be worried for someone you don’t know?
“(Blushes) um... cause... well that’s not important! I’ll make you a deal. I can either leave and I will never see you again or I can come with you and help you look for your friend. Which would you prefer?”- Chase
(Contemplates for what seems like forever) Fine. Fine you can come but I swear if you so much as try to touch me I’ll kill you.
(Silently chuckles to himself) “Alright.”- Chase
What? You don’t believe I can hurt you now do you?
“No, no I never said that. I just... well you know I’m older and stronger than you.”- Chase
I grew up with two brothers. I think I can take a scrawny white boy.
“So you’re calling me scrawny? (Flexes his muscles to prove a point)”- Chase
Fine so you’re not scrawny but I can take you down in a heartbeat. If you don’t believe me then come at me and I’ll prove it to you.
“I don’t hit girls...”- Chase
Great I’m stuck with a goody two shoes.
(Both of us laugh and go in search for Seth, its getting dark)
(Few hours later, nothing)
(Hear growls as the sun falls) Holy freak!
“You scared? If you want I’ll carry you (smiles and offers me his hand)”- Chase
I am not! But I’ll take you on that offer ONLY because I am tired... (Gets a piggy back ride)
(We head off to the campsite to find Trevor and Mia)

Mia, Trevor! You guys are alright! Thank God I was sooo worried and...(Everyone glares at Chase) Oh! You guys I have horrible news... (I start sobbing)
(Chase puts his hand on my shoulder and tries to calm me down)
(Trevor pushes him away)
(Mia tries to keep Trevor from attacking him)
“What did you do to her? I swear if you so much as…..”- Trevor
“Trevor shut up I don’t think that’s why she’s crying. Hi, I’m Mia and this is Trevor. (Whispers in Chase’s ear: it’s best if you don’t touch Jane)
You guys Seth disappeared. We were getting berries when I hear a thud and when I looked around he was gone. Then I met Chase and he too is stranded on this island after his boat crashed. Trevor please be nice, he seems to be a decent man.
“Decent?”- Chase
“He looks pretty suspicious to me…”- Trevor
Well we need all the help we can get looking for Seth.
“What if we can’t find him? What if he was attacked?? Oh my God this is awful! (Starts sobbing and goes to the tent)- Mia
I see you guys set up two tents... What did you gather at the crash site?
“We got some blankets, clothes, first aid kits, flashlights, food and a broken radio. Oh and some other stuff... hey that isn’t your sweater now is it??”- Trevor
Um no Chase gave it to me. Long story. I’ll stay in the other tent with Chase. Try to help Mia, okay Trevor?
“And leave you to stay with a stranger? No way.”- Trevor
Trevor you have to be with Mia. She’s hysterical. Besides I will be fine.
“Fine whatever. Goodnight, we will try to search for him tomorrow...”- Trevor
(Trevor leaves to his tent)
“Sorry about that. I had a feeling he wouldn’t take to me kindly…”- Chase
Its okay he’s probably just upset with Seth being gone.
“If you want I can sleep outside. I really don’t mind.”- Chase
No it’s too cold out here. Let’s get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
(We both head off to our tent)

(Loud noises come from outside our tent)
What the hell?
“Jane come outside!”- Trevor and Mia
Come on Chase wake up.
“I’m up, I’m up. What’s wrong?”- Chase
We will find out soon enough.
(Opens tent and steps outside)
Oh my goodness! Seth! You look awful. Come here and let me see if you’re alright.
“He crawled here this morning into my tent. He said he was kidnapped but he escaped sometime last night and crawled back just in time.”- Mia
“Who kidnapped you?”- Trevor
“I’m not too sure but they were planning on killing me. I overheard them whispering about it...”-Seth
(I wrap his wounds and set him down inside the tent)
(Trevor is walking back and forth rambling, Mia is with Seth and I and Chase are trying to work the radio)
“It’s broken. There’s no point in trying to use it”- Trevor
“Now aren’t you just Mr. Optimistic. (I chuckle) I am good with my hands; I bet I can fix it if I can just have some time to work on it.”- Chase
(Trevor pulls me away)
“Where did you find this guy and why did you bring him back?”- Trevor
Because he helped me and I was alone. He isn’t a bad guy. Try being a bit friendlier with him.
“Helped you with what? Clothing and berries? (Looks down at me with disapproval)”- Trevor
No with my wound! God you can be so ignorant at times! (I walk away towards the camp)
(He grabs my arm back)
“Wait what wound? How badly are you hurt? ”- Trevor
It doesn’t concern you okay. I’ll be fine, now let me go. I have to go talk to Mia.
(I walk away towards Mia)
Hey Mia we have to talk. Now.
“Alright. Seth I’ll be back. If you need anything Chase will be here. Seth this is Chase, Jane met him after you disappeared, Chase this is Seth. -Mia
(They exchange greetings and Mia walks to the waterfall with me)
“So what’s up?”- Mia
What’s with your cousin, he is acting so rude and aggressive?
Well last night he went on and on about how he is against the fact that Chase is with us but I am not too sure why. I think it has something to do with male dominance or something. – Mia
Yeah that’s probably it. Guys are so complicated ha-ha.
(We both giggle)
“Sooo what do you think of Chase?”- Mia
What do you mean?
“I see the way he watches over you. He seems to be rather protective over someone he barely met. Do you like him?”- Mia
Umm... I... I--- (Seth and Chase intervene)
“Hey you guys we are heading down to the waterfall for some water. Want to come?”- Seth
“Sure!”- Mia
Um I think I’ll stay behind. Just don’t get lost!
“Hey you guys go on I will stay behind with Jane.”- Chase
(Mia giggles) “Okay”- Mia
Shut up Mia. You go have a good time at the waterfall; I know you will (winks at her)
“So what were you girls talking about?”- Chase
What we girls usually talk about of course.
“That narrows it down to clothes, gossip and boys. Since we are on an island I am going to guess boys. Am I right?”- Chase
Maybe or maybe not.
“Ha-ha alright I’ll take that a yes. Want to head back to the tent?”- Chase
Sure. Wait where’s Trevor?
“He went to his tent to go think about or at least that’s what he said.”- Chase
Oh okay. Hey you go on to the tent I’ll meet you there. I just want to check up on him first.
“Alright.”- Chase (walks into the tent)

Trevor? Are you in here?
“Yeah but I’m um ...I’m busy”- Trevor
Trevor let me in, I know you’re not busy. (Walks in)
“Hey you can’t just walk in here! I could have been changing or something. Geez, women these days...”- Trevor
And like you would mind? Anyways I just wanted to make sure you were okay before I went to my tent with Chase.
“What’s with you and that guy? He follows you as though if he loses sight of you, you’d disappear.”- Trevor
He is just looking out for me. Like a good friend should.
“Are you implying that I am not a good friend because I don’t stalk you around? Well sorry that I give you your space! (His voice rages with anger)”- Trevor
(I flinch, he notices)
I’m sorry. I think it’s best if I just go…
“No I’m sorry I just have a bad feeling about him.”- Trevor
Alright well I’ll stay until Mia comes back with Seth. Where is he going to sleep?
“Who Seth? Mia insisted that they should share this tent. I am going to sleep on a hammock outside.”- Trevor
Oh well you could fit in our tent if you want I bet we could fit you in. Oh you know what’s going to happen, now don’t you? Ha-ha
“No it’s alright I’ll just sleep outside, in the cold, where there’s animals, and bugs and who knows what else. No what are they going to do?”- Trevor
They are going to hit it off of course I mean why else would they spending so much time together? Stop being a drama queen and just say yes.
(He shakes his head and yells in disgust at the thought of them together)
“Well then what would that mean about you and Chase? Fine, fine I’ll stay in your tent only because you insist.”- Trevor
It’s not like that and the only time I would ever think of starting something up would be when everyone decides we have to repopulate this godforsaken island. And even then I would have three people to choose from. You, Seth, and Chase.
“Obviously you would go with me right? I mean I am the only logical choice. “- Trevor
Pssh of course ha-ha. (We both start laughing)
“So between me, Seth and Chase who would you KMF?”- Trevor
Oh that’s a tough one! I would have to say Kill Seth because he’s injured. And um…. Well I don’t know about the other two….
“Are you serious? C’mon you’ve only known the guy for a day!”- Trevor
But he is nice, smart and great with his hands. You got to give the guy some credit.
“How much credit do I have then?”- Trevor
(Mia and Seth come in unexpectedly) “Hey guys!!”- Mia
“We are going to bed. Um wait I mean she’s going to bed in her bed and um I am going to bed in my own bed, not together or anything *cough*cough.”- Seth
Right…. (Winks at Mia)
“Alright. I’m staying at Jane’s tent tonight so you guys have the tent to yourselves. Just don’t hurt yourself tonight, Mia take it easy on him, he’s injured (they look at each other nervously and smile).”- Trevor
“I’m a man Trevor, besides what we will be doing will be sooo worth the pain if you know what I’m saying (winks at Trevor). What about you guys? Should I knock before coming in tomorrow??” (Laughs and whispers something to Trevor)- Seth
“Yeah should I be welcoming you to the Ridgewell family Jane, hmmm?” (Giggles)- Mia
Ha-ha very funny but no.
(Trevor whispers to Seth: yeah you should probably knock in the morning if you know what I mean and then winks, I roll my eyes at them, and then we went to our tent)

(Knock, knock)
Yeah, who is it?
“It’s me Seth. Can I come in or are you guys... you know... busy?”- Seth
Yeah I’m totally doing it with Chase and Trevor right now. No come in.
“Sorry I just wasn’t sure. So how was your night? Anything interesting you want to talk or joke about? (Looks over at Trevor and chase who are still sleeping)
No we just went to bed. The only action either of them got was from trying to keep me warm which only was a hug. Although at night it was sooo funny cause I got up to get water and when I came back Chase and Trevor were cuddling with each other. They probably thought it was me since I was in the middle of them ha-ha. So what about you?
“Well let’s just say that today I’m a man.” (Starts to laugh)- Seth
Wow I had a feeling about you two. Great so now I am the only girl left between two guys to start the whole reproduce thing. I think I’m good. Mia could be the one to have all the babies.
“Two? You mean three, right?”- Seth
Oh shut up ha-ha. Man but these two. They do NOT get along whatsoever. I don’t know what to do.
“Well you could always be with both I bet they wouldn’t mind…”- Seth
Not that! EW... I mean I don’t know what to do because I am friends with both of them and they both hate the one another.
“Ohhhh. Well they want you to choose. Between them I mean. You have to choose.”- Seth
What do you mean? How do you know this??
“They both told me privately. They both really like you. Chase can’t stand to see you hurt or without being close to you and Trevor can’t stand to see you with him. This is like Twilight stuff. If you made this into a book, I would buy it.”- Seth
(We both laugh and wake up the guys)

Good morning you guys! Isn’t today just magnificent! I love today!”- Mia
Um Mia, its humid, there’s bugs everywhere and we are stranded on an island...
“What Jane means is this is like paradise.”-Seth
What no that’s not what I meant…Ohhhh wait yeah it’s just beautiful here. Whatever.
“Hey Jane! Can I get you anything?”- Trevor
No I’m fine I think I’m just going to take a walk to find berries.
“Oh I’ll go with you just to make sure your okay.”- Chase
“I’ll go too! The more the merrier, right?”- Trevor
(Right before I leave I whisper to Seth: help me)
“You know what I think I’ll go too since it’s the more the merrier!”- Seth
“I’ll stay; I want to take a shower at the waterfall.”(She glances at Seth)- Mia
“You know what; four is a crowd I think I’ll stay with Mia.”- Seth
(I look at him and say thanks a lot then we headed towards the shrubs)

So Chase, did you get the radio to work? (I glance to see him on my left)
“Not quite. I say in about a day or two it should be working.”- Chase
“You think your sooo smart because you can fix radios, don’t you?”- Trevor
(Chase whispers: smarter hen you will ever be)
“What did you say!?”- Trevor
You guys stop it! Please! (I hear something in the bushes, the next thing I know I am being dragged away and everything is fading away as I’m slipping out of consciousness)
“You heard me! What are you going to do about it, huh?”- Chase
“I’ll show you what I’ll do about it! Just you wait and see.”- Trevor
“You know what we will have Jane decide!”- Trevor
“Okay!”- Chase
“Jane? Holy freak! Where did she go?!” – Trevor
“This is all your fault! If you only let me watch her this would have never...”- Chase
“She didn’t need you! She had me! I could have watched her but now she’s gone!”- Trevor
“Jane really only needed one of us and that one is me. I was her favorite obviously. I was the one who healed her wound and listened to her problems!”- Chase
“What are you talking about? She just met you and how badly was she injured? I was her favorite! But none of that matters now, I lost her (starts to lose control)”- Trevor
(They begin to pace around and scream out my name)
HELP! (Its faint but they heard it)
“It is coming from that direction! Let’s go!”- Chase
(They run towards my voice but I know they won’t catch up to me)

---Point of view of Trevor---
We have to find her... We just have to...
“You know Trevor; I didn’t think anyone would think badly of me because I have a way with people, like Jane for instance. I like that girl but um (grabs a rock) I never could shake off your uneasiness with me so I’m sorry but I have to get rid of you. “- Chase
(Chase turns around to strike Trevor with the rock but he kicks him and he falls)
I knew you were no good. You set this whole thing up didn’t you? Where’s Jane? I swear you better tell me before I slam this rock so far down your skull you’ll …
“What I’ll die? And you will never be able to find her? But you can’t if you want the girl. After I got to know Jane I didn’t want to hurt her. Believe it or not but I like her so much but I was forced to give her up. Dad’s orders...”- Chase
I don’t believe you even for a second. If you liked her then you wouldn’t have put her in danger! What do you plan on doing to her? Huh?
“I regret doing this but if you will just believe me when I say I did like her and I changed my mind. I want to help you find her then I will take you to my father’s hideout. He plans on killing her to apparently ‘ease the gods of the island’s rage’. “- chase
You have no choice but to lead me to her. If you liked her as much as you say you did then she would be here right now. You’re pathetic for being such a shallow man.
“Look my apologies don’t mean anything to you but to her they will. That’s all I really care about is getting her back. If I take you there you can’t tell her what I did. That’s the only way I’ll take you to her.”- Chase
(Contemplates this for a while...) Fine. Just as long as she gets back okay.
“Okay let’s go.”- Chase
(Walk off towards Chase’s fathers hideout)

----- Point of view of Mia---
They aren’t back yet... It’s getting dark too, I am so worried Seth.
(Paces around the campsite)
“It is going to be all right. She’s with Trevor and Chase, what can go wrong?”- Seth
Yeah maybe you’re right. I just wish they would come back soon since we got the radio to work. Didn’t the pilot say he was going to be here in six hours?
“Yeah I believe he did. But let’s just wait and see if they come back soon. It’s not safe for us to go walking out there so late at night.”- Seth

Where am I?
(Blood oozes down my face)
Hello?
(I look down and I’m chained to the wall and no one is around, I can hear a man behind the wall talking about a sacrifice)
(I begin to cry to myself silently)

--- Point of view of Trevor---
(They are in front of the hideout; it’s a small shack that apparently has a basement)
Get us inside. We have to get her out of there before it’s too late.
“Alright, um just stand behind the bush while I go to the front door. When I get inside run in after me.” – Chase
(Chase breaks down the door and they both enter the shack)
(On the wall are pictures of lions running in circles after the remains of bones, this sends shivers down Trevor’s spine)
Why haven’t you stopped your dad before?
“Because if I tried he would have made me his next sacrificial lamb….”- Chase
So instead you willingly send the one you like in your place?
“Don’t say it like that!”- Chase
Well its true, isn’t it?
(Long silent pause, they go down to the basement where they hear crying and whispering)
“Don’t say anything. I’ll handle my dad and his friend, you get Jane.”- Chase
Alright.
(They go their separate ways in the basement in silence)

“(Whispers) Jane?”- Trevor
Trevor?? Where are you? Trevor I’m scared and I’m bleeding and I came to a decision while I was down here.
“There you are. Okay I am going to get you out okay? Just stay calm and whisper. It’s going to take me a while okay?”- Trevor
Trevor where is Chase?
“He’s um... he’s around here somewhere trying to help.”- Trevor (looks down saddened by the fact she wants him)
Oh I hope he’s alright. I like him a lot
“(looks down heartbroken because she likes him) Yeah I bet he is just fine okay so just remain calm. Everything is going to be alright…”- Trevor
I hope he’s alright especially after I tell him…
“Tell him what?”- Trevor
That I choose you. (Looks at him with a smile even through the pain)
“Do you mean what I think you mean?”- Trevor
Yes (He unbuckles my arms and hands free and I cup his face to kiss him)
Chase is great but there is something about you that he just doesn’t have and I need. Oh I just hope he isn’t heartbroken. I feel awful…
“You shouldn’t, I think he would understand. (Grins and wraps my gash on my head)”- Trevor
Let’s get out of here. I bet Seth and Mia are going crazy wondering where we are, well either that or enjoying themselves.
“So in the end I am victorious? I knew it all along ha-ha. Right after you (exits the basement, and enters the shack)”- Trevor
(Chase is there with his dead father just recently shot)
What’s going on?
“Chase she’s safe, now let’s go.”- Trevor
“You told her didn’t you? I just knew you would tell her that I helped her get kidnapped! Why else would she choose you?”- Chase
What are you talking about? You helped him kidnap me? Why?
“Technically I didn’t tell her. You did”- Trevor
“You know what it doesn’t matter because you can’t have her. (Points a gun at me)”- Chase
“Chase put the gun down. Please, if you liked her at all you would put the gun down.”- Trevor
“There’s no point. Without her I don’t want to live... (Gun blasts as he shoots himself and falls to the ground) Chase
Oh my God! (I begin to cry)
“It is going to be alright. Sshhh. Let’s go back to camp, okay?”- Trevor
Okay….
(Helicopter roams in the distance, when we go outside Mia and Seth are there inside with a pilot)
“We are going home!”- Mia
“Yeah we got the radio to work and called an emergence line! Oh Jane so I see you chose between the two. Good choice, in my opinion. Where’s Chase?”- Seth
Oh he won’t be joining us. Are you ready to go back home Trevor?
“Well you know I never got to be able to say I did it on an island……”- Trevor
(I roll my eyes and laugh) And you still won’t get to unless Mia is up for it.
(Everyone laughs and boards the plane)
What a crazy trip you guys. Next time we will go by train. (We all settle onto the plane reminiscing over the memories from the island.
“So what do you want to do now?”- Trevor
Hmmmmm… when we get back we should all go star gazing again. You make a terrific pillow (we all grin at one another)