Finnick Odair "All in the Lust of a Trident"

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Oh No...Its Me

My smile quickly fades. I look around and half the girls are crying loudly and the other half gently sobbing. The women are making comments and I’m pretty sure I can hear Rescele's voice over everyone’s. I make my way to the stage.

For support I reach up to my neck and grab Rescele's necklace. Everyone looks up at me and I put my smile back on. Even harder to force when you’re scared. "Looks like we have some fighters here!" Trinity yells as he lays a hand on my shoulder. "Well shake hands" he says. Pepper holds out her hand I grab it, give a quick shake and let go. A Peacekeeper leads us to separate rooms next to each other. I go in and see a giant window. I look out it and it overlooks the sea. I wish I was there now. The salty air, the water, the swaying of the boat, and my family.

Arms find their way around my waist. I look down and see it's Rescele.

"Don’t worry Rescele, your gonna be fine" I tell her stroking her hair. She’s crying loudly and my father walks in.

"Finnick..." he says as he lays a hand on my shoulder. I let go of Rescele and turn to my father. "Nothing is more important than coming?" he asks

"Home" I reply.

"Get to a trident, make a net, the other tribute are what?"

"sharks" I say looking him dead in the eye.

"What do we do with sharks?" he asks

"We kill them."