Finnick Odair "All in the Lust of a Trident"

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Next »

Getting Ready For The Games

I’m up at six o’clock that morning. I’m able to scoop up Rescele’s necklace before Rast and the triplets whisk me away to dress. It’s finally time and Mags takes me down.

“Meet up with the Careers, Finnick I know you can do this,” she tells me.

“What about Pepper?” I ask.

“If she makes it, convince them she’s a Career too,” Mags says. She hugs me and hands me a few sugar cubes that I pop into my mouth. Then she pushes me onto the hovercraft that will take me to the secret location that I will fight for my life in.

I’m strapped to a seat, and then the Peacekeepers come around and start shoving needles into the kid’s arms

“Give me your arm.” The one says to me. I smile at her and hold at my arm. She shoves the needle in and pulls it out.

“What was that?” I ask.

“Your tracker” she replies and goes off to inflict more pain to the other tributes. My eyes gaze upon the other twenty-three children on this thing as I rub my right hand over the tracker in my left arm. I can do this, I’m gonna get home.

The hovercraft lifts and the windows darken. I have Rescele’s necklace still in my clutches. This is my District token.

When the hovercraft lands we are thrown into the launch room, in what seems like thirty seconds Rast is there, he’s actually got tears in his eyes.

“I have a District token” I say holding up the necklace. His old calloused hands take it from me and he runs it under a scanner. It flashes green and he slips it on my neck. He puts a jacket on me.

“Be brave boy, Mags says you can win” he pats my back and leads me to a glass tube.