A Wolf's Might and A Rose's Magic

Author's note: I was inspired to write by my sister who also writes. She does short stories but has never been published:(
Author's note: I was inspired to write by my sister who also writes. She does short stories but has never been published:(  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Prologue

When the world was young the deity, Subete, grew tired and bored. With her power she gave birth to time and space that she named Jikan and Supēsu. The three of them lived together for over a millennium until Jikan and Supēsu grew bored of having no toys. So Subete created four children for her son and daughter to play with. The toys were named Chikyū, who ruled the forestry. Hia and Mizu who created fire and water. The last of the toys was named Kaze, a restless toy that created and lived in the
This is NOT a finished product
winds. With the four toys in hand the two children slowly formed a perfect sphere, with each toy working side-by-side. Years past and the two children lived happily, however Subete was dying and she was aware of it. With her last breath she created a bright light and a dark shadow. She said that both must exist for the other to strive for life, and then perished from the world. Now the light and dark hated each other so much that they could not stand to see one another. The two children called the light Hikari and the dark Kurai, though the two never saw one another they communicated through the toys and Jikan and Supēsu. Kurai fell in love with Mizu, who gave birth to ice- Kōri. After awhile Hikari also fell in love, with Hia. The two gave birth to lightning and named him Inazuma. The ages past and the ten elements lived in the sphere and around the sphere. However one day Kurai grew jealous of never being allowed to go inside the sphere, so he attempted to enter. The affect caused a large scale war. Hikari and the other elements came together and sealed Kurai in a form, along with themselves. Now imprisoned within the sphere the deities waited, the only trace of their existence rests in a book with the words " Subete no harō wa sakerarenai wakare kara wazuka purorōgudearu" . Thousands of years past and man began to thrive, the women inferior to men. The deities sought pity on the women and gave them magic to harness. The royal bloodlines had male members capable of using magic as well as the women. Kurai still had a part of him which was jealous, which escaped into the world and lay dormant inside of a stone. This jealousy was named Jaakuna.

MadisHeart said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:58 am:
OMG yes yes yes, I love the idea of this story, nice work! :) The imagery is beautiful and I seriously love the character names. I think our category (action-adventure) is definetly the best ;) I think our books have similar aspects and you might like mine so you should check it out! Have a nice day

ElspethF said...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:03 pm:
Hi name buddy! lol. I love what I've read so far! Maybe clean up the beginning with a little paragraphing? I hate to be one of those people but could you please check out my short story? It's my very first post and I'm very nervous. Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Elspeth replied...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm :
Thanks and I will go check it out right now