Trip to Japan | Teen Ink

Trip to Japan

April 1, 2018
By 怡彤 BRONZE, Taoyuan, Other
怡彤 BRONZE, Taoyuan, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was the end of school and we're all excited to welcome the summer vacation. Just like always my family is finding a place to go and a Hokkaido’s itinerary catch my eyes.

Hokkaido is the second largest, northernmost island in Japan.It has four distinct seasons, summer is very hot, winter is very cold actually, and it even has storms. In winter they’ve lots of snow festival and you if go to skiing or snowboarding are both good choice. In spring you can see the beautiful flower field and the lovely Sakura. In summer the most amazing part is the Lavender Forest Field and the Irodori Field. Irodori is the best-known flower field at Farm Tomita. Flowers of seven colors adorn the rolling hill and a beautiful rainbow come up drawing on the field with the vivid colors of flowers. In the Lavender Forest Field, flowers are swaying in the wind make the rural landscape more lively. In autumn some of the maple leaves are tinged with autumn red, the feeling of autumn full of atmosphere.

We left on a Sunday afternoon after double-check all the things to make sure everything is prepared. Finally, on the plane I’m so surprised that the plane is totally different from the one I used to go on, the seat, the aisle everything is so mini! Don’t know what can I do so I just sleeping to pass the time.When we’re about to arrive in Japan I heard WOW! from my mom and she shaking me crazily, cause she sees what’s underneath the island our main location ?? Hokkaido. She gets so excited and smiles happily like a child when we've arrived.
Then we go to the Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse which opened in 1859. As one of the symbols of the Hakodate bay area that still reminds us much of the early days of the industry. Sadly we only have 40 min to feel the highly cultural richness, so we just shopping around and sending a special postcard back to Taiwan by Santa’s airmail. Head back to our hotel after surrounded by a strong sense of culture.

Woke up on the right side of the bed, good mood good place. The first thing to do in a wonderful early morning is saying hello to the hot spring. Visit an open-air hot spring just before dawn, the sky fills with blended tones of yellow and grey-violet. A very different way to welcome a new day, a new beginning. Today we go to Sea Fresh Market fishing squip, enjoy the fresh seafood, luckily we run into a boat race see the players rowing boat. It’s really fun to watch a boat race in Japan! Next, we ‘re in Otaru Canal many old warehouses and former buildings by shipping and trade companies give Otaru's city center a special character that reminds us of past decades. Can’t help myself to fall into the city that with a long history I feel like staying here, but surely it’s not possible at that time. At the end instead of staying there, I buy a music box which with a rabbit in kimono to store my memories. Afterward, we’ve to left Otaru behind and go to Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade. After dinner, I urged my mom to shop with me and then we just walking down the street until we find something interesting. When we finally satisfied it’s almost 2 in the morning! Quickly have some sleep and end the day…...

At the plane it’s the end of my trip in Japan, the memory continues to bring out when it comes time to say goodbye, I find it hard to let go. These place & people I had spend the last days with have made me really happy and I didn’t know how to not thinking of them.The trip to Hokkaido become the perfect summer I have wanted all along.This trip has been so much fun, I loved it so much.I had a great time. Time goes by too quickly to not enjoy times like these. Trips to Hokkaido are really unforgettable.