The Illusion of Separation | Teen Ink

The Illusion of Separation

By Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi
Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi

You are going to die. Squeeze all that you can out of this one life you have. Live each day fully, because it could be gone as fast as a half taken breath.

“Go out into the woods and just listen, you will soon hear that you are connected to it”

To think we are something outside of everything is like saying we don’t exist at all. We are one with the universe, if you haven’t noticed. We identify ourselves as coming into this world, instead of coming out of it.

“This is the real secret of life?—?to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play”?—?Alan Watts

We have forgot that we are one with the universe, because of the brainwashing we encountered growing up. As children we knew this, we just need to get back to our roots.

In my younger days, I was a I wonder type of kid. And I still am today. Most of my questions about existence started with how , why , where.

The questions of life is what I like to call them. Existence is quite weird, you didn’t exist for millions of years without knowing you didn’t exist, and here you are.

Here you are, when you go outside, there you are.

Philosophy is my favorite subject. It connects you to your roots.