There are ten provinces in Canada. The topic of this paper will be the most populous province after Ontario, Quebec. It has a population of approximately 8,356,85, 50.3% of which is female, and 66.4% of which is between the ages of 15 and 64.

The capital of Quebec is Quebec city, which is Canada’s 7th largest metropolitan area. Quebec city is located in the saint Lawrence River Valley, near the meeting of the Saint Lawrence River and the St. Charles River. Quebec’s largest city is Montreal, which has been inhabited in one form or another for approximately 8,000 years. Quebec city is near the ocean, but because of the province’s vast size, 595,391 sq mi, the landscape changes drastically. For example Laval in Northern Quebec is a woody, mountainous region.

The most common game played in Quebec is hockey. People also ski, play basketball, soccer, and golf. A sport played by two teams, the object of which is to hit a ball, or puck, into the other team’s goal using sticks. Hockey can be played on water, ice, or the ground.

Most jobs in Quebec are in the areas of tourism, defense, commerce, transport, and administration.
Quebec, like the rest of Canada, has a Constitutional monarchy. It is part of the British Commonwealth, which also includes England, Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland.