Kansas Speedway | Teen Ink

Kansas Speedway

By BradyW BRONZE, Sedan, Kansas
BradyW BRONZE, Sedan, Kansas

The Kansas Speedway was opened up in 2001. My parents have been going since the first race, and have taken me to many races. Racing events, concessions, and campsite parking are a few of the things the speedway has to offer. I have been very impressed with all of my trips to the Kansas Speedway and always look forward to going again.

The Kansas Speedway hosts many events such as Nascar and Richard Petty Driving Experiences. Since 2001 The Kansas Speedway has hosted one hundred and seven race events. They host these races throughout the whole year. I have been to ten Nascar races at the Kansas Speedway. I have enjoyed all of my experiences at the track. In 2014 I had a garage pass, and before the race, I got to back into the garage area and walk around. I got to see all of the cars and the crew members working on them before the race. I thought it was awesome, just the environment was amazing to me. I enjoy going to this event I feel it is a very safe and fun environment. I have yet to do the Richard Petty driving experience because you have to be 18 years or older. This is where you go to the track and can drive a real race car around the track. My uncle and some of my cousins have done this and say it is a lot of fun. I can't wait to give it a try.

The security is very good. They will check all of your bags as you walk in, and everyone is always very friendly. A family friend of ours had a hot pass, which allows you to go anywhere at the track kind of like a VIP pass at the last race in October and chose to go to the spotter's deck which is at the top of the grandstands. He said the security was awesome up there. He also said at the top where he was at they had four snippers, two facing the parking lot and two facing the track. Safety is a very big concern for most people. The race the track has a safety barrier made of steel, concrete, and an energy reduction foam around the whole track. If you have ever watched Nascar on tv you have seen the big tall fence which will protect you from flying debris.

The prices for tickets can vary depending on where you sit, and if you want an infield pass or garage pass. The tickets we normally get are $900 which include two tickets to the truck race, two tickets to the spring cup race, two tickets to the Xfinity series race, two tickets to the fall cup race, two pre-race infield passes for the cup races, a campsite pass for each race, and a parking pass. I feel that is a pretty good deal because of all the stuff you get out of it. The seats are comfortable and lots of room not like a basketball game. If you want to pay more there are more options such as suites and pit passes or even hot passes which can get you and anyone else at the track. The concession stand is pricey just like any sporting event along with the vendors selling fan gear. They also have headsets they rent out during the race for around $100 so you can listen to your favorite driver's radio.

The campsite we use is in the parking lot of the soccer stadium next to the track. They have all the spots marked and well spaced out, so they are easy to get your camper into them. The spots are big enough to play games like corn hole, ladder golf, and other games like at a tailgate party which is very nice. It's all very well organized with dumpsters, shower trailers, and bathrooms placed throughout the site. Each of these facilities is well taken care of and always clean. 

The Kansas Speedway has a lot to offer from races to driving experiences. I have always enjoyed my trips to the speedway and would have to say it's a very fun and safe environment. On a scale of one to ten, I would have to give it a ten out of ten. I hope this encourages you to take a trip to the speedway.