Southern Oahu | Teen Ink

Southern Oahu

April 29, 2017
By Lilyanabell GOLD, Anchorage, Alaska
Lilyanabell GOLD, Anchorage, Alaska
13 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Proverbs 17:17a A friend loves at all times
1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful


Have you ever been to the most populated island of Hawaii? Just imagine sitting on the warm beaches of southern Oahu, enjoying the numerous tourists attractions, or learning about the fascinating culture. The beaches are soft, long, and full of hidden oceanic treasures. Some of the many things to do on the island include the Dole Plantation, the aquarium, and luaus. Food, language, and the hula are all vital parts of Hawaiian culture. Let’s take a closer look at these must-have elements of Southern Oahu.


Have you ever dug your toes into the sand of the southern beaches on Oahu? Sand on these beaches is soft, and easy to sink your feet into. These sandy banks extend across the border of the land for the whole length of the island. Occasionally, treasures such as coral and sea glass can be found amongst the grains. Beaches are definitely the best place to relax by the ocean.


Without a doubt, the tourist attraction can be very fun on southern Oahu. Dole Plantation is a great place to visit if you adore anything related to pineapples, especially the fruit itself. The aquarium in Waikiki has a vast collection of fish and coral native to Hawaii. Late night luaus are absolutely tons of fun, and teach you about life on the Hawaiian islands long ago. No matter what you end up doing, tourist attractions are definitely a cool part of Hawaii.


Culture is very important to the people of southern Oahu. Food on the island is very similar to Chinese food, just add pineapple! Clearly, the best known word in the Hawaiian language is aloha, which means hello, goodbye, and I love you. The hula dance is how the story of the island is told through movements of the body. Culture is positively a very valuable part of the Hawaiian islands.


All these aspects of southern Oahu are not only fun, but some are also educational. The beaches are great for relaxing or hanging out in the sun. If you are looking for fun, the tourists attractions are a fantastic way to spend your time. Culture is a critical part of this beautiful island. There is no doubt about it, southern Oahu is a great place to be.