Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth | Teen Ink

Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth

By ajjtd7r5 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
ajjtd7r5 BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

There is nothing more exciting than visiting the happiest place on Earth, whether it be for the first time or for the thousandth time. Disney World in Orlando, Florida is the ultimate destination for families, friends, and people of all ages. Between the countless attractions, restaurants, and shops there is never a dull moment in any of the parks or resorts. Notable memories wait behind every corner, making nothing compare to the magic of Disney.

I visited Disney this past summer, for the first time, and it was surely a trip I will never forget. I would like to demolish the stereotypical idea that Disney is only for children, because as a seventeen year old, I’m already dreaming about going back. The fun starts the moment you exit the airplane and step onto the Disney Magical Express. Immediately, the world around is transformed into a Mickey Mouse Wonderland through themed interiors and friendly employees. From there, a countless number of destinations become a possibility. We stayed at the All-Star Music Resort on the outer-layer of the park. The price was perfect for my family’s budget and the amenities allowed us to relax comfortably when we decided to take a break from roaming the parks. For those who enjoy a more luxurious spa setting, to those who appreciate being within walking distance of Magic Kingdom, Disney has it all. Conveniently, wherever you stay, the Magical Express is at hand to transport you directly to any park at any time of the day.

Once settled in a resort, the toughest decision is to choose which park to visit first. Disney World offers four main locations: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, & Epcot; Disney Springs, the night-life party location for foodies and shopaholics; and two outdoor waterparks made for cooling off after a long day in the blistering Florida heat: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

Magic Kingdom is the ultimate destination to meet the classic characters and visit the iconic attractions. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and my personal favorite, Mike Wazowski’s Laugh Floor, are few of the many notable rides that overflow the park. It is also home to Cinderella’s castle and the MainStreet Parade, a well-known show where all of the characters march through the streets, singing, dancing, and making everyone smile. Walking into Animal Kingdom is like being transported straight into the jungle. The real life animals are a favorite to kids, but this park is also the favorite for many adults. My parents particularly loved this one because of the light shows, animal sightings, and of course, the amount of shade from the trees. As a movie lover, especially of Disney Movies, I took a real liking to Hollywood Studios. Between Star Wars, everything Pixar, and The Great Movie Ride which highlighted a bunch of classic films through the generations, there was nothing there I did not enjoy. I constantly dream about visiting again and learning about what is involved in making the iconic films we all know and love. Finally, there is Epcot, the ultimate cultural experience, an adventure that you could explore for an entire week alone. Epcot is amazing because it is a little piece of a number of countries all in one space. The restaurants are all authentic with their cuisine, and each cast member/employee are from the country they work in. I loved it so much because I got the opportunity to travel and taste the world all in one location. Epcot makes it possible to travel from Florida to a country on the opposite side of the world all in one night. The view of the world is amazing, from the Eiffel Tower in France to the pagoda in the Japan Pavilion, and of course the popular Epcot ball. The cuisine is spectacular in every country, and it is easy to spend all your money in the authentic shops. Visiting Epcot would not be complete without watching the firework show fill the World Showcase.

The activities are nonstop between rides, parades, and performances all throughout the day and night. A trip to Disney would not be worthwhile without seeing some sort of show. The fireworks take place each night and are nothing less than awe-inspiring. During my trip, Hollywood Studios showcased a Star Wars themed fireworks show that intrigued fans of all kinds. It was even voted one of the top shows Disney has ever put on. We also saw Finding Nemo the Musical in Animal Kingdom, and my personal favorite, The Jungle Book Light Show. Images from the new live-action film were projected on to sheets of water while talented performers sang and danced to the songs from the movie.

My grandmother came with us for her first time ever as well, and even without going on Rock “n” Roller Coaster she still never felt left out. The accommodations are truly perfect for the whole family.

I am thankful to have visited because of all of the lifelong memories I will now have. I still find myself dreaming about the food, stores, and rides months after having gone. I recommend this trip to everyone because it is so unique, and no matter what your preferences, there is always something worthwhile to do.