Music Is Powerful | Teen Ink

Music Is Powerful

Music is found in every culture. It's even found in the prehistoric era. The type of music you listen too affects your personality. Music can release dopamine in your brain that gives you a sense of pleasure. We can turn on the music and get away from the politics and just relax and take a break from the from the fast paced world that we live in.

I  think that music is very powerful.  This is why I immerse myself in music.  It helps reduce the stress I feel throughout the day. Also it changes my view on the world.  I  listen to many different genres. 

When I listen to rap it takes me to a world where I feel non-stop. The pulsing beat of rap helps me get into the moment and inspires me to get work done. ¨Life is a crazy ride, you never know what's going to happen¨ This quote by Eminem shows me that we never know what is going to happen in life and to live life in the present.
When I hear pop music it makes me want to be more creative because the complex lyrics gives me good ideas. The songs here make me feel happy and love life. “You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeves and I have buried them deep beneath the ground, dig them out”-Bastille. When I first heard this song I thought about what makes us us. It's not the looks, or the amount of friends we have on instagram. It’s our flaws.  Be proud of your flaws.

Alternative music is a different genre where I want to sit down and listen to it. It puts me into a world where I feel happy and joyful . When I am in this world it truly relieves stress and puts me into a calm relaxing mood. Imagine dragons said  “ I'm just the same as  I  was now don't you understand  I'm never changing who  I  am”, and this tells you that you don't have to change yourself to make another person happy.

Now that you’ve seen what music does to me,  I  hope that you take time in your day to listen to music and that you too, believe that music is a very powerful thing.