Costa Rica Reveiw | Teen Ink

Costa Rica Reveiw

By evanmaher SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
evanmaher SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

At the bottom of North America near the Equator lies a country named Costa Rica.  When I went on a trip to Costa Rica last December, it was winter here in the United States, but summer in Costa Rica.  While I was visiting Costa Rica, the climate was perfect, and also a great break from the cold weather of the northeast.  The sun beamed down on us as we lay by the pool.  While the temperature here in the U.S. was below forty degrees, in Costa Rica the temperature was climbing to high eighties, and low nineties. But there was one downside to Costa Rica, which was the tremendous humidity.  Overall my trip to Costa Rica was amazing, and I would definitely return given the opportunity.

I stayed at the Marriott when I went to Costa Rica.  At the resort, the room was a decent size for my family, which has five people in it.  In the room, there were two queen beds, and we also got two little cots put in the room.  There was also a nice size bathroom, and it was in pretty good condition.  Even when you left the room, the resort was very nice.  The hallways at the resort were open to the outside, so right when you walked out of the room I got to feel the wonderful Costa Rican refreshing air.  The best part of the resort was by the pool where the view was amazing.

When I woke up in the morning, I would go outside to the pool, and get some nice chairs set up for the day.  Then, I ate breakfast at the hotel in the buffet, which hit the spot.  There were pancakes, waffles, eggs, and much more on offer.  Once breakfast was finished we would go to the chairs that we had reserved by the pool, and sit there for the next few hours.  Some of us would go in the pool and swim. At the resort, there was a huge pool, which was a big square, with the middle carved out for chairs.  There was bridges crossing over the pool in multiple locations, making it seem endless.  Also in the pool there was volleyball net, which was a great time for my family, and our friends to bond.  We participated in our own version of a Family Olympics competition.  The resort was oceanfront, so right ahead of the pool was the Pacific Ocean.  Not many people would swim in the ocean, because the water was quite murky, and many people seemed to prefer the pool.  I only went waist deep into the ocean one time, because I was not a fan of the conditions either.  But near the ocean were some nice chairs to sit on, and also a little town area to shop at, which was within walking distance.  Although I was not a fan of the ocean water, we were able to rent wave runners, which were a great time, and fun to drive.

Near the resort was a place that tourists could zip line.  This was the one of the two times that we all had to get in a car to go somewhere.  There were about 15 different zip lines, which all had different, and amazing views. At the place, the workers were very nice, and helpful, but also a little odd.  All in all the experience was amazing, something I will never forget.  The second time we ventured off the resort and more into the island was to go to the town of Jaco.  I did not have fun at this town, and it was also very sketchy at night.  Jaco was even more humid than where we were staying, and very uncomfortable to walk around.  Also, the car company that drove us told us that we should be picked up at nine thirty because after that it got borderline dangerous and not a good place for us to be.

Costa Rica was unforgettable, and helped my family make many new and lasting memories.  We were able to enjoy wonderful weather and a great time with our family and friends. The resort provided a wonderful setting, with the pool, the ocean, the zip line place, and the view.  At the end of the vacation, my family and I were all upset to be leaving, which is always the sign of a great vacation.