One Happy Island

Fifteen miles off the coast of Venezuela is an island six miles wide and twenty miles long. This small piece of paradise is most commonly known as, Aruba! Entitled "One Happy Island," Aruba is a popular destination to many vacationers, welcoming close to 1.5 million visitors per year. With beautiful white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, who could pass up a destination like this? Tourists are treated like family upon arriving to the Queen Beatrix airport, while natives anxiously await with excited eyes and open arms. When traveling from the airport to the hotels,  visitors get a glimpse of the grocery stores and indigenous locations to stop by, especially if a rental a car is in the plans! After settling in at the hotel, it is off to the beach! Whether its fun in the sun or relaxing under a palapa, Aruba has it all! To get vacationers involved in culture, each Tuesday night, all hotels hold the "Bon Bini Festival." Celebrations begin in the evening when dinner is served poolside, and live entertainment ends off the night! Aside from the fun, Aruba is a relaxing atmosphere, where there is always something to do or a new sight to see. There is no better feeling than laying under a hut or on a raft in the immense ocean. So, when it comes time to book that next vacation, always remember Aruba!