My Travels | Teen Ink

My Travels

June 2, 2016
By Anonymous

TWell, if you really knew me you would know I am all about crossing things off of my bucket list.  Last summer I was given the chance to fly out to Clayton, CA to live with my aunt for two months and I must say you really can get a lot done in such a short amount of time.  Clayton, CA is located about 25 minutes outside of San Francisco, so I’ll talk about my adventures there first.


I was in San Francisco every chance I got, I guess you could say that was about four times a week.  While there I got to begin checking things off my bucket list right away.  First thing I did was walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.  The Golden Gate Bridge is as red as a firetruck and stands as tall as the heavens, it was a great experience.  The Painted Ladies was next, we sat outside on the fresh cut mint green grass across from the houses painted different colors as if you were looking at the rainbow and had ourselves a picnic. If you are unaware of what the “Painted Ladies” are, it is in the opening of full house when the Tanners have their picnic.  Now, you can’t go to San Francisco and not see Lombard St., also known as the “crooked” street; it looks as if someone threw a bunch of Z’s together and made a street out of them.


The next stop on my journey was Los Angeles, which was one of my favorite memories.  First things first, I made my way over to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and found the star that belonged to my favorite person, the King of Rock  and Roll, Elvis Aaron Presley.  The number of stars plastered into the ground amounted to the number shown in the sky at night.  The next stop for me was to the Hollywood sign. I threw on a pair of leggings, a tank top, running shoes, and of course my blue “LA” hat and began my hike to the Hollywood sign.  The sign felt as if it were five thousand miles away because of how tiring it was to get there, but once I made it, I felt as if I were on top of the world.  I then next made my over to the beautiful Sunset Blvd. where palm trees as tall as the Empire State Building lead you down the road on each side.


Off to Santa Monica Pier we went next, I wish I could have spent longer than a morning there though.  On the pier people played instruments which sounded as if you were entering the gates of heaven and had a line of angels playing you songs.  The waves crashed on the shores which led off a sound as if a lion was roaring and seals peacefully swam around underneath the pier.  Last thing I did was rent a pair of roller skates and skate my way along the ocean front. 


We finally reached our final destination, Malibu, CA where we spent 2 nights at my cousin’s house.  While there we went to the beach, surfers were everywhere.  I sat there and watched people surf for hours wishing I knew how.  I took my cousins surfboard and decided to give it a go.  After trying for 15 minutes I decided it was time to give up, I couldn’t even stand up on it.  Our last night there we went out to eat at a place called, Moon shadows Malibu, it was ocean front, and having a window seat made my meal that much more enjoyable.  Now, to get to my all-time favorite part of my trip, while walking we seen Adam Sandler making his way down the street with his two children.  What a wonderful site to see, considering he has been my favorite actor for years now.  I got so excited and screamed, there was a group of at least 20 people trying to say hello and get their picture.  Luckily, I made my way in there, there was no holding me back.  I can honestly say that was the most exciting day of my life.  My cousin who lives in Malibu says she sees him walking around a lot, and how he always goes out of his way to keep his fans happy. I’m so glad I was at the right place at the right time and I can’t wait to travel back there next month, it really was a trip of a lifetime to me.