New Orleans: All the Way | Teen Ink

New Orleans: All the Way

December 16, 2015
By KiNgZ_01 SILVER, Sacramento, California
KiNgZ_01 SILVER, Sacramento, California
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Knowledge ain't shit unless its applied" (Bradley Martyn)


New Orleans is a city located in southeastern Louisiana, straddling the Mississippi River. April30, 1803 was the day when the French had bought Louisiana from the Americans. The French told the Cajuns they weren’t able to settle in the French Quarter so they had no other choice but to go to live in the swamps. To me New Orleans has a vibe because what makes the city great is the following things: Food is originally spicy. Jazz originated from New Orleans. The spirit of New Orleans which makes the people and the city unique.

 

However, what makes New Orleans original is their Jazz. I think Jazz is one of the few things that make New Orleans original. In the New Orleans data set the author quotes “New Orleans is credited as the birthplace of Jazz.” In the New Orleans data set the author is illustrating that it’s where it all began it’s where it originated from. Jazz is distinctive.


Nevertheless the food in New Orleans is originally delicious. In the following New Orleans data set the author states “New Orleans is known the world over for its spicy and colorful food.” The author demonstrates that New Orleans is known all over the world for its spicy and colorful food. Cajun food is spicy.

 

One of the best things that also make New Orleans great is the spirit of the people in New Orleans. In the inductive data set the author quotes “The people of New Orleans are like a patchwork quilt in which fabrics of many colors and textures are stitched together. The author shows that people in New Orleans are like made up of many colors and textures that are stitched together people in New Orleans.

 

In the inductive data set the author quotes “voodoo originated in the African kingdom of Dahomey (new benin.) Voodoo is a mixture of African and European Catholicism”. The author clearly states that voodoo all came from an African kingdom and that it’s a combination of African and European Catholicism. New Orleans religion is dark.

 

To conclude New Orleans is therefore is way more original then Rio De Janiero because New Orleans has its mystery behind it’s what makes the city gray. Jazz is originated in New Orleans. Jazz is better than Samba because it has a different beat it’s not like repeated. The food in New Orleans is delicious like theirs no other city that makes better food than New Orleans. In Mardi Gras you can be anyone you want and hide behind masks, keeping your identity unveiled.


The author's comments:

Theirs a arguement going on in Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, California on which is the better city: Rio or New Orleans.