Moon-Viewing Flight in China | Teen Ink

Moon-Viewing Flight in China

September 23, 2015
By ShalomHi BRONZE, Phx, Arizona
ShalomHi BRONZE, Phx, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"ain't I women", by sojourner truth


 September 26 to 28, 2015 and serval flights will take place in China for a moon viewing dream. Three important lunar events will take place a super moon, a total lunar eclipse, and the moon festival which is believed to be the brightest moon of the year it’s also the first time in 30 years a lunar eclipse and a super moon will be on the same day. The moon festival is a day of reunion with family and friends in China mooncakes are a special treat eaten every festival. The Chinese Spring Airlines have already given out 100 reserved seats for the moon viewing experience the super moon will closer on September 28 than on the 27. From 7 pm to 8:30 pm on the festival the super moon will appear from the east. If you’re flying from China’s north to south during this time it would be best to seat on the left side and likewise during this time if you’re coming from China’s west to east you sit on the right. On the flight there will be traditional activates such as guessing lantern riddles, writing couplets, and enjoying moon cakes. Happy flying moon-gazers.