A Trip to London | Teen Ink

A Trip to London

September 2, 2015
By SabrinaSazali BRONZE, Melaka, Other
SabrinaSazali BRONZE, Melaka, Other
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

On June 2013, me and my whole family ride a plane to London. It was our first time, and it's very exciting. I can't even express my feelings at that time. Alright, actually we were about to visit my elder sister which is currently studying at a university in Manchester. The first day, we woke up so early as you know the spirits are so in our soul. My dad left his car at our house, we insist in taking a van to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. A few weeks before the glory day, my parents have prepared everything completely so that our journey will be safe and enjoyed happily.

It was so early in the morning, so I slept in the van. When I opened my eyes, we have reach the airport. I hop off the van, pulled my small luggage and walk inside the airport. I don't really memorized what we did, but I knew that we had a breakfast at a cafe in the airport and I had my donuts and so. It was amazing. I just can't believe at that time that I was going to London! Our flight was on about 10 in the morning. My first step in the plane was incredible. I hope I am not too excited about that, but in fact, I am. Okay so then our journey begin.

We reached Heathrow Airport in the evening and of course, everyone's exhausted. It was so silent. No one felt like talking. Although I was superior tired and hungry, but I could see the amazing environment and felt the fresh air at the country. I couldn't wait to discover the whole city! My sister and her friend warmly welcome us and we had a tea at Starbucks. I blinked my eyes several times. Whoa, I am in London. You should imagine how great the feelings.

Took a train to our booked apartment, I am not sure where it was but it's near to the train railway. I pushed the apartment door, and my mouth turned to an "O" shape. My sister is really good in choosing the best place for us to stay. I rushed to a nearby window and I could see the London city, a field, some buildings, and there you go, instead of watching them in the television, I have saw them right infront of my eyes! It was getting dark, so we decided to have some rest before starting our journey the next day.

The next morning,  we travelled to The Museum Of London. It has over 1,1Million objects! The museum comprises a series of chronological galleries containing original artefacts, models, pictures and diagrams. I learned a lot of things at this museum. Me and my sisters were very fascinated by the old swords and the other middle-age weapons.

Madame Tussauds was the best place we went.It's a famous wax museum in the middle of London. It was set up by wax sculptor Marie Tussauds. It was a lot of wax-dolls there, like Britney Spears, Adolf Hitler, George W. Bush, Charlie Chaplin and so on. They all looked like if they could wake any minute, it was kind of scaring. We spent a lot of time at Madame Tussauds. We bought some pizza at the restaurant there so we didn't get hungry. Some hours later it was time to head to the apartment again. We all agreed that this was the best day ever. Again, we went to bed, with our mind filled with thoughts.

For 10 days we went to so many places. I was impressed with the people in London because the were so polite, respect each other, discipline and I can sure you that they showed us so many positive attitude that can't make us respect their country. The most important is, cleanliness. Their city is always clean. It shows that they are very concerned about this. Much respect to London. We had a really fun time there.