One Wild Ride | Teen Ink

One Wild Ride

By Emily.canavan BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida
Emily.canavan BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida

Normally when you travel somewhere nothing goes wrong, right? Not in my case. Ebery year my family would go up to Maine and everything would go smoothly. Well the good luck ran out in the summer of 2012. Now Taylor, my sister, felt as she gets older that she sould be allowed to bring friends to Maine with us. So my family flew up the week before her friends with so we could get our house nice and clean for our arriving friends. The flaw was that there were two 15 year old girls flying alone! Everyone was blinded by the fact of the airlines saying that it was safe to send your children on a plane alone. Boy were the incorrect. The girls, Brittany and Alli, were stopped in Georgia where they were stuck four three hours due to horrid weather. When they finally got back in the air they had a lay over in JKF airport. They were told to stay on the plane because it was supposed to be going to Maine once the other passangers got on. Little did they know the plane was re-routed to Philidelphi. Within minutes of the plane taking off they ran to the correct airplane and were unfortunantly too late. As they watched the correct plane take off they were dumbfounded and had no idea what to do. So they had to wait until the next day to get to Maine. That meant sleeping on the floor surrounded by strangers. Because they made it clear that they were minors, they got bed to sleep on for the night. Sounds good right? Wrong. They were locked in a room with minimum lighting and rats! The next morning after their endevour they finally were loaded on to the correct plane and made it to Maine.