Waukesha's Frame Park | Teen Ink

Waukesha's Frame Park

By Mia203 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mia203 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

A treasure by definition is a quantity of precious metals, gems, or other valuable objects--and Frame Park is just that. From dumpsite to “city jewel,” Frame Park has been the place to go for fun in the sun since the 1920’s.
     With it’s picture-perfect location on either side of of the Fox River, and the family oriented activities offered, Frame Park is truly a gem of Waukesha County.
     For me, a family pastime is spending time in Frame Park’s Formal Gardens. The brilliant colors of over 1,000 flowers illuminates my eyes like that of the sun kissing precious gems. In fact, the Formal Gardens of Frame Park are home to the unions of three generations in my family. Three weddings in the same place separated by years, but the gardens have stayed as beautiful as ever for each.
     Every year, in early May, Frame Park is filled with a rainbow of different colored T-shirts. This is during the RiverWalk for Cancer. Thousands of people from all over come to support and raise money for the cancer programs at ProHealth Care. Teams of different colors pile together at the starting line for the kickoff of the walk. This event show the sense of community the park brings the minute you step in the park.
     Frame Park is fulfilled with beautiful scenery throughout each season, as well as a place the community can come together. Frame Park will forever and always be Waukesha County’s place to relax and a true beauty.