Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

April 21, 2015
By jargue11 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
jargue11 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the historic and valuable county of Waukesha, there is a special treasure. This treasure is called The Picnic Basket--a cute, local sub shop that has been in operation since 1987. It is located off of Highway 16 on Highway C.
As soon as I walk up the steps and open the door, my nostrils are filled the the aroma of the bread baked daily. As I walk to find a table, I admire the cute and homey feel of the interior design. It is perfect for a summer lunch because of the wooden picnic tables.
The best part about the Picnic Basket, however, is the food. They have food ranging from sub sandwiches, to pizzas, to burritos. They are best known for their sub sandwiches-- made of homemade bread, cheese from a local dairy, hand carved meats, and garden fresh vegetables When I bite into one of these subs, my mouth waters uncontrollably and I crave more.
The Picnic Basket also does a tremendous job with helping out in the community. They donate items to be raffled off in community auctions like the Arrowhead High School Football Auction. They even gave away subs to the entire student body and all of the staff when Arrowhead’s football team won the State Championship in 2012 and again in 2013.
A cute, local sub shop located in Nashotah is a true treasure of Waukesha County. It is a perfect representation of Waukesha.