Merton Firemen's Park | Teen Ink

Merton Firemen's Park

April 21, 2015
By Olivia27 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Olivia27 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Merton Fireman’s Park is an expanse of land at my fingertips to explore. Like an evening ritual my mom, sister, and I would begin our adventures on the bike trail winding through the park. I remember the warm summer breeze flowed around me and as my heart pounded and legs quivered as I tried to make it up the two steep hills. After our feat with the final hill, we would turn around and head for my favorite place; the playset.
The sounds of baseball echoed in my ears as I tried not to fall into the “lava” below the stepping bridge. I continued climbing up the steps and gazed upon the daunting slide in front of me. Steep with a sudden drop, just how I liked it.
From there, I ran 10 feet to a purple dinosaur and went for a ride in the jungle. I said hi to the remnants of his dead buddies under the structure next to him. Maybe I’d go on the monkey bars--after all 26 my hands screamed red.
Tired, I joined my mom on the swing next to her. We would talk about our day, laugh at how silly my sister would get, and most importantly begin forming the strong bond we have today.
Merton Fireman’s Park may look like any ordinary park on the outside, but it is a place for kids to learn, imagine, and explore. That’s why this expanse of land…is a treasure.